Home The Bridge

Best Voyage Options - A Guide to Voyage Exclusive Crew - RIP

Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in The Bridge
After doing my 73 hour voyage to get all the voyage exclusive crew, I started thinking about the best options for doing that with the fewest dilemmas. There are choices that can be made that will eliminate some of the dilemmas and if you've already unlocked some of the voyage exclusive crew you'll definitely want to do that. Also, some dilemmas have better potential rewards based on the selected option. So, I went through the wiki to try to figure out the best way to do fewer dilemmas and get better rewards. Breaking it into 2 sections, Exclusive Crew and Better Rewards/Fewer Dilemmas. Any Dilemma not listed has the same rewards regardless of the option selected and there is no other Dilemma that can block it.

Note: I've heavily edited my original post. I kept my original opening paragraph the same but I've removed the references to blocking paths below, since that no longer occurs and I've added the two new crew, Dr. Leonard McCoy and Ensign Picard

FOR VOYAGE EXCLUSIVE CREW

A Higher Duty, Part 1
If you need Fierce Guinan or Dr. Leonard McCoy, pick choice A (give a rousing speech) to unlock part 2
A Higher Duty, Part 2
If you need Fierce Guinan or Dr. Leonard McCoy, pick choice B (harsh sentence) to unlock part 3
A Higher Duty, Part 3 - Fierce Guinan
If you need Fierce Guinan, pick choice A (disable the ship) to get Guinan
A Higher Duty, Part 3 - Dr. Leonard McCoy
If you need Dr. Leonard McCoy, pick choice B (talk him down) to get McCoy

A Life Alone, Part 1
If you need Jannar, pick choice A (encourage joining Starfleet) to unlock part 2
A Life Alone, Part 2
If you need Jannar, pick choice A (remain in Starfleet) to get Jannar

Champion of the People, Part 1
If you need Colonel Worf or Ensign Picard, pick choice A (reveal true identity) to unlock part 2
Champion of the People, Part 2
If you need Colonel Worf or Ensign Picard, pick choice B (give chance to flee) to unlock part 3
Champion of the People, Part 3 - Colonel Worf
If you need Colonel Worf, pick choice B (encourage working together) to get Colonel Worf
Champion of the People, Part 3 - Ensign Picard
If you need Ensign Picard, pick choice A (reinforce the colony) to get Picard

Interference, Part 1
If you need Lucien, pick choice B (take sample back to ship) to unlock part 2
Interference, Part 2
If you need Lucien, pick choice A (lure without harming) to get Lucien

Off the Books, Part 1
If you need Thot Gor, pick choice A (allow agent to use ship) to unlock part 2
Off the Books, Part 2
If you need Thot Gor, pick choice B (transport to the brig) to get Thot Gor

The Beginning of the End of the World
If you need The Clown, pick choice A (debate the Vedek) to unlock The Voice of the Prophets dilemma
The Voice of the Prophets
If you need The Clown, pick choice C (convince the Vedek he doesn't need orb) to get The Clown.

FOR BETTER REWARDS

These choices list options that have the better chance for a better reward but aren't a guaranteed drop. Any other choice doesn't have the chance of dropping the better reward.

Blow by Blow
Choice A (protect the Andorian) leads to the Friends in Need dilemma (which leads to a better reward there)

Burden of Proof
Choice C (share the correspondences) has a chance of dropping 600 schematics

Class Act
Choice B (defend servant) leads to the Burden of Proof option that has a chance of dropping schematics

Cracks in the Wall
Choice A (cross border to assist) leads to the First Author dilemma (which has a chance of 600 schematics)

First Author
Choice C (ask her to warn the doctor) has a chance of dropping 600 schematics

Ladders and Chains
Choice A (defend the Vorta) has a chance of dropping 5* Replicator Rations

Retrofit
Choice B (torpedo development) unlocks the choice in The Tools at Hand that can drop 600 schematics

The Buried Years
Choice B (don’t interfere) has a chance of dropping 5* Replicator Rations

The Cost of Living
Choice A (continue to help) has a chance of dropping 5* Replicator Rations

The Tools at Hand
Choice C (destroy the probe with torpedo) has a chance of dropping 600 schematics

Where Earth Meets Sky
Choice B (destroy the station) has a chance of dropping 5* Replicator Rations

As I said at the beginning, any Dilemma not listed has no preferred option to select for rewards or for blocking dilemmas from appearing.

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is we don't know how dilemmas are picked. Are all possible picked at once? Does it first pick rarity and then pick the dilemma within the rarity? We don't really know. If you want to get to a specific dilemma and will keep spending until you do then yes, eliminating options are better, but if you want general better rewards and are likely only playing for ~10 hours, then I'm not sure if blocking 3*/4* dilemmas will yield better results or not.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Even if you are doing 6-8 hour voyages (spending no dilithium), this will help if you get a dilemma that has better rewards with one option over another. Also, if you get part 1 of a dilemma that you want as your first dilemma, if you have the option in the second dilemma of making a choice that eliminates 1 or more other dilemmas, it increases the odd of the 3rd (or 4th) dilemma being the one you want. If it increases the odds by 2.78% by eliminating one dilemma (1/36th)

Yes, it's much more useful if you spend dilithium but still useful, over time, for getting better choices.

Think of it as something akin to the Dabo Wheel only there are 3 rows of 12 items (dilemmas). If you got 3 or 4 free spins and some of the spins had a chance of blocking other bottom tier items from being selected, isn't that the better option even though it's only a slightly better chance at the better rewards?
  • RowdenRowden ✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing this Althea!
  • It seems like perhaps DB has programmed the second and third parts for only those who have paid to extend, and even then they are scarce. I have run many 10-14 hour Voyages and NEVER gotten a part 2 to date!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like perhaps DB has programmed the second and third parts for only those who have paid to extend, and even then they are scarce. I have run many 10-14 hour Voyages and NEVER gotten a part 2 to date!

I said to myself if I get the Fierce Guinan dilemma twice before extending, I’ll keep going to get her. Hour 4 I got part one. Hour 6 part 2 so I extended. One day and 14 hours later, no part 3 so I recalled. This game makes me feel like a complete guillable fool sometimes.

• Great guide, thanks Althea! 😃
  • Dilemmas are not blocked. I have Lucien and I got the 2nd Interference dilemma today.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide, thank you @Althea Biermont
    Dilemmas are not blocked. I have Lucien and I got the 2nd Interference dilemma today.
    True, however as I understand it a second lucian is never dropped once you have them, so essentially your wasting opportunity to get stuff you want/need.

DB: Do Better
    edited January 2018
    Dilemmas are not blocked. I have Lucien and I got the 2nd Interference dilemma today.

It depends on which option you select in part 1. If you select to take the sample back to the ship, you can get part 2 even if you already have Lucien. You have to select the path that doesn't lead to part 2 in part 1.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like perhaps DB has programmed the second and third parts for only those who have paid to extend, and even then they are scarce. I have run many 10-14 hour Voyages and NEVER gotten a part 2 to date!

They didn't need to program anything. It requires getting the right dilemma 3 times to reach Guinan/Worf. Given the number of dilemmas the odds of it happening within 4-5 dilemmas is very low. They may have designed it so you probably need to pay to reach it, but it's not special case coding, just RNG working as designed.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome guide thanks for doing this!!!
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    Awesome guide thanks for doing this!!!

Yeah, this guide will be a BIG help to people!

BTW Oxmyx, some guy named Jojo Krako is looking for ya...
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

I have gotten a fair amount of part 2's on my not-extended 6-8 hour Voyages.

Seems like you've just been hit with some bad luck :(
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Stellar work! Thanks for sharing....screenshotted the lot so I can refer during dilemmas. Bring on Fierce Guinan
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Two questions
    1. Has it been confirmed that a second copy of a specific character will not drop, like Jannar?
    2. Are there ship schematics that are voyage only and if so, where could I find a list of these?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    Two questions
    1. Has it been confirmed that a second copy of a specific character will not drop, like Jannar?
    2. Are there ship schematics that are voyage only and if so, where could I find a list of these?

I've gotten the Clowns dilemma 4 times now. No second Clown. Will he never ever drop a second, well I've only hit it 4 times. First time was a boom there he was.

• Pallidyne wrote: »
    Two questions

I've gotten the Clowns dilemma 4 times now. No second Clown. Will he never ever drop a second, well I've only hit it 4 times. First time was a boom there he was.

Ugh...so then we need to use honor to fuse the characters? What a pain, especially since I have only been playing since November.
  • This is a really great reference. Totally bookmarking.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Two questions

Ugh...so then we need to use honor to fuse the characters? What a pain, especially since I have only been playing since November.

Or wait until they turn up in the regular portal eventually (or as event crew) where you can get them in the future. None of them are so awesome that you need to have the FF immediately. Just bide your time.
    Two questions

Or wait until they turn up in the regular portal eventually (or as event crew) where you can get them in the future. None of them are so awesome that you need to have the FF immediately. Just bide your time.

Agreed. There are very few super rares in the game that are of use. Mirror Phlox comes to mind right away. Graduation Burnham has actually been on a voyage or two of mine.

• RogaDanar wrote: »
    Two questions

Agreed. There are very few super rares in the game that are of use. Mirror Phlox comes to mind right away. Graduation Burnham has actually been on a voyage or two of mine.

Maybe for a long time player but for newer players, super rates are very useful/needed.
    Two questions

Maybe for a long time player but for newer players, super rates are very useful/needed.

Human Q on a few Voyages. Valeris and Antaak on science and medicine heavy gauntlets....
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions

I'm disappointed you don't fully appreciate the awesomeness of Thot Gor.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions

I’ve been playing for almost two years and still need super-rares for shuttles, voyages, and the Gauntlet. If I got a million honor points for some reason I could probably end the need for COM/DIP/SEC super-rares but not for ENG/SCI and probably not for MED.
  • I'm having some trouble with the Clown. I finally got the second dilemma, Voice of the Prophets, about the orb but the third option, which the wiki says will give the clown, is grayed out! I did select the option A on the first dilemma like the wiki said was necessary. Has anyone else run into this issue?
    Obrist wrote: »
    I'm having some trouble with the Clown. I finally got the second dilemma, Voice of the Prophets, about the orb but the third option, which the wiki says will give the clown, is grayed out! I did select the option A on the first dilemma like the wiki said was necessary. Has anyone else run into this issue?

As long as the correct options are picked, I've only had the 3rd option grayed out once I already had the Clown. Is it possible you got him previously and didn't realize it and airlocked him? Maybe put in a ticket because there is a record of every crew you've received and they can check?
  • Obrist wrote: »
    I'm having some trouble with the Clown. I finally got the second dilemma, Voice of the Prophets, about the orb but the third option, which the wiki says will give the clown, is grayed out! I did select the option A on the first dilemma like the wiki said was necessary. Has anyone else run into this issue?

As long as the correct options are picked, I've only had the 3rd option grayed out once I already had the Clown. Is it possible you got him previously and didn't realize it and airlocked him? Maybe put in a ticket because there is a record of every crew you've received and they can check?

A restart fixed it. Not sure what happened, but my clown is returning from the voyage as we speak. Thanks!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions

Hell, I'm a long time player and half my voyages are usually super-rares. Jannar, Clown and Lucien all have solid Voyage stats. Thot Got is the weakest of the 3 and the only who's CSD. Sadly, I'll probably have to spend honour to FF him just so he can be safely tucked into the vault.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • I'd agree with Ivanstone. Those Voyage only crew do have excellent stats, except Thot Gor. However, they are honor heavy to fuse and since we've been gifted a lot of great dip and sec crew recently they aren't high on my priority list.

This is a great guide Althea thanks for putting it together.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/