Home The Bridge

Best Voyage Options - A Guide to Voyage Exclusive Crew - RIP

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with Ivanstone. Those Voyage only crew do have excellent stats, except Thot Gor. However, they are honor heavy to fuse and since we've been gifted a lot of great dip and sec crew recently they aren't high on my priority list.

This is a great guide Althea thanks for putting it together.

Ditto, Althea, thank you very much. But ... Belle’Anna agreeing with Ivanstone?!?

:: faints ::
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with Ivanstone. Those Voyage only crew do have excellent stats, except Thot Gor. However, they are honor heavy to fuse and since we've been gifted a lot of great dip and sec crew recently they aren't high on my priority list.

This is a great guide Althea thanks for putting it together.

Ditto, Althea, thank you very much. But ... Belle’Anna agreeing with Ivanstone?!?

:: faints ::

Yeah that did it... I think the apocalypse is nigh...

ldjmrihx0n5s.jpeg

fl4dh173kgl4.gif
  • No one disagrees with everything someone says. We just had a barney on the other thread, but that doesn't make him an idiot or worthy of disrespect.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one disagrees with everything someone says. We just had a barney on the other thread, but that doesn't make him an idiot or worthy of disrespect.

What is a Barney?

• Disagreement
  • Usually involving loud words and thrown chairs :)
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one disagrees with everything someone says. We just had a barney on the other thread, but that doesn't make him an idiot or worthy of disrespect.

What is a Barney?

Purple Dinosaur who sings and dances... very annoying as you will discover with your new baby... 😇

What is a Barney?

Purple Dinosaur who sings and dances... very annoying as you will discover with your new baby... 😇

Ha! Looking more towards Mr. Rogers. Barney is also Fred’s buddy. Funny cuz I tell people my dog and I are like Fred and Barney. You never see one of us without the other.
    Usually involving loud words and thrown chairs :)

Perhaps it would impress you to know that I know what a Donneybrook is

• Usually involving loud words and thrown chairs :)

It certainly does. What is a Donnybrook?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Barney still on somewhere other than streaming? Cause with my lil girl, I'm avoiding like the plague.

And Mr Rogers can be hard to come by except in small quantities, at least here. And I'm in the city it was filmed in. I've had to stock up via DVR, You-Tube searches, etc. May pay a visit to the Fred Rogers library at St Vincents college next to see what they can do for me and my daughter.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Is Barney still on somewhere other than streaming? Cause with my lil girl, I'm avoiding like the plague.

And Mr Rogers can be hard to come by except in small quantities, at least here. And I'm in the city it was filmed in. I've had to stock up via DVR, You-Tube searches, etc. May pay a visit to the Fred Rogers library at St Vincents college next to see what they can do for me and my daughter.

My wife and I put on Barney once for my oldest daughter. Never again. Instead I recommend the PBS kids show Word Girl. All three of my daughters lived it from when they were very small. It is about a ten year old super hero who goes around saving the day with superior vocabulary. Not only is it a great example in several ways for a young girl, it is also amusing for the parents.

My daughters also like Star Trek, but that came at a later age.
  • Thanks Althea. While this is a great resource to get other LE crew in Voyages, it would be the only reason I'd use it. Even extending all my voyages twice (I get to 10h or 12h Dilemmas), I have yet to get an LE crew. I'm hoping not to right now because it will just sit waiting for 54k honor to FF. I'd rather spend 50k to add a * to a Legendary.

The reason I wouldn't block paths to part 2's/3's is that they are what I'm hoping for so I can get 50 or 75 chron drops. So even if you have the LE crew for that Dilemma, you'd still get 50 chrons instead of 30 on a Part 2, or 75 chrons on a Part 3 (if you're lucky enough to get it).

Aside from the LE crew and Super Rare Dilemmas, Voyages are NOT required to randomly drop 4* crew. Stop getting upset if you don't get any on a Voyage. Just be happy when you do get them, even if most of them will be airlock fodder (honor towards a citation!). Voyages is your extended FREE Chroniton resource in the game. Everything else you get is icing on the cake.

One last thing... many players think you have to extend a Voyage, or at least get to the 6h Dilemma to get a Rare/Super Rare Dilemma to give 50/75 chrons... YOU DON'T. You can get any of the 6 available Super Rare Dilemmas that don't have a prerequisite at the 2h mark. It's just RNG and YLMV (Your Luck May Vary). I get them occasionally, and also Part 2's often before the 6h or 8h mark.
    Usually involving loud words and thrown chairs :)

It certainly does. What is a Donnybrook?

Every year the citizens of Donneybrook, Ireland get drunk and fight brawl style. It’s a tradition. So anytime there’s a fight with multiple people it’s considered a Donneybrook

Obrist wrote: »
    I'm having some trouble with the Clown. I finally got the second dilemma, Voice of the Prophets, about the orb but the third option, which the wiki says will give the clown, is grayed out! I did select the option A on the first dilemma like the wiki said was necessary. Has anyone else run into this issue?
    9amanjcea3vd.jpg

I just had this happen to me today. I was thrilled to get the second dilemma, but choice C was grayed out and said it was grayed out due to a choice from earlier. I scrolled back and found that I had chosen right the first time. I put in a ticket for this.

@Shan
    If this is happening to several of us, perhaps there is an issue that can be fixed.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Obrist said that they just restarted the game and the dilemma choice came back up and it was no longer locked. I would suggest trying that if you run into that situation again.
    I was afraid my antimatter would run out. Silly, perhaps. I can wait for the dilemmas to come up again, but I fear that it would treat it as if I already got the Clown and not offer it again.
  • Obrist wrote: »
    I'm having some trouble with the Clown. I finally got the second dilemma, Voice of the Prophets, about the orb but the third option, which the wiki says will give the clown, is grayed out! I did select the option A on the first dilemma like the wiki said was necessary. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I'm having the same issue. I restarted and it still did not work - Choice C remained grayed out...

Curious, because it came up at the 4 hour mark too.

I guess I'll have to keep trying.
    It very well could be that there is a bug in the mission where if part two immediately follows part one it doesn’t unlock? The odds of them being back to back are extremely small so maybe that’s it?
    That's three of us who bother with the forum. How many others? Did you put in a ticket? I haven't heard back on mine.
  • Just to get it right, you can only get every Voyage exclusive crew member only one time, it won't drop again? If you want him FF, you have to use honor.
    Jim Raynor wrote: »
    Just to get it right, you can only get every Voyage exclusive crew member only one time, it won't drop again? If you want him FF, you have to use honor.

This has been the first-hand experience of many here who have reported. I believe them.
  • Jim Raynor wrote: »
    Just to get it right, you can only get every Voyage exclusive crew member only one time, it won't drop again? If you want him FF, you have to use honor.

This has been the first-hand experience of many here who have reported. I believe them.

Thx! I think I read it somewhere but wasn't sure about it.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Two questions
    1. Has it been confirmed that a second copy of a specific character will not drop, like Jannar?
    2. Are there ship schematics that are voyage only and if so, where could I find a list of these?

I've gotten the Clowns dilemma 4 times now. No second Clown. Will he never ever drop a second, well I've only hit it 4 times. First time was a boom there he was.

Ugh...so then we need to use honor to fuse the characters? What a pain, especially since I have only been playing since November.

Or wait until they turn up in the regular portal eventually (or as event crew) where you can get them in the future. None of them are so awesome that you need to have the FF immediately. Just bide your time.

Agreed. There are very few super rares in the game that are of use. Mirror Phlox comes to mind right away. Graduation Burnham has actually been on a voyage or two of mine.

Maybe for a long time player but for newer players, super rates are very useful/needed.

Hell, I'm a long time player and half my voyages are usually super-rares. Jannar, Clown and Lucien all have solid Voyage stats. Thot Got is the weakest of the 3 and the only who's CSD. Sadly, I'll probably have to spend honour to FF him just so he can be safely tucked into the vault.

Did you use honor to FF them? Or are they on your Voyages at 1/4?
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I was afraid my antimatter would run out. Silly, perhaps. I can wait for the dilemmas to come up again, but I fear that it would treat it as if I already got the Clown and not offer it again.

Your AM consumption pauses when there's a dilemma to be answered.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
    Jim Raynor wrote: »

Or wait until they offer that crew member another way.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had no luck getting anywhere near the voyage-specific crew. This is an amazing guide...that I can’t use until RNGesus stops toying with me.

Then again, I shouldn’t complain too much, since the voyage I finished today dropped a fourth star for Edith Keeler.
    For me, voyages crew drops (outside of the unique crew) are all honor. I have all of the 1-4* crew that drop FF. I hope when they update the premium portal to add the last few months of event/limited crew that voyages follows along with that so I can get some needed drops again.
  • Just hit my first dilemma on a fresh voyage - "The Beginning of the End of the World", which according to most sources, if choice "A" is selected, will lead to "The Voice of the Prophets."

The last time I went through this algorithm "TVotP" came up at my 4 hour dilemma and choice "C" was grayed out. Even after a game restart, it was still grayed out. Let's see what happens this time around...will RNGesus be kind?
    Just hit my first dilemma on a fresh voyage - "The Beginning of the End of the World", which according to most sources, if choice "A" is selected, will lead to "The Voice of the Prophets."

The last time I went through this algorithm "TVotP" came up at my 4 hour dilemma and choice "C" was grayed out. Even after a game restart, it was still grayed out. Let's see what happens this time around...will RNGesus be kind?

You are number 4 here to have that issue. I put in a ticket, but haven't heard back. Perhaps it has something to do with it being the 4 hour mark. I have a screenshot of the first dilemma and my choice, but I didn't get a screenshot of the grayed out choice. If you put in a ticket, you can politely point out that others who participate here have had the same issue and that likely means a whole bunch of people have it but don't participate here.