Home The Bridge

Best Voyage Options - A Guide to Voyage Exclusive Crew - RIP

Comments

• I just completed a day and a half voyage, with the sole purpose of chasing down Fierce Guinan and wanted to say thank you to the OP for this inspirational and extremely practical post.

#MajorHerps I believe either choice for part 2 grants access to part 3 but I took choice B when I got Higher Duty part 2 and (lucky or not) part 3 was the very next dilemma (let us know how your voyage turns out).
  • CMCM624 wrote: »
    CMCM624 wrote: »
    CMCM624 wrote: »
    Using this guide to work through an epic journey, hoping for under 72 hours, but we shall see! Thanks Althea!

Awesome. Make sure you keep us updated on your progress :-)

My voyage came to an end at 72 hours, at which point I received Lucien. I thought you might be interested in what the claim was when the ship reached home:

25 - 4* crew (or 5000 honor points, I had the all FF)
    The Clown
    Thot Gor
    Fierce Guinan
    Janna
    Lucien
    Colonel Worf
    4 - 3* crew (400 honor points)
    17 - 2* crew (850 honor points)
    1 - 1* crew (25 honor points)
    1084 Gold trainers
    88 Purple trainers
    38 Blue trainers
    600 D’Kora schematics
    600 I.S.S. Enterprise schematics
    600 Prakash schematics
    392,300 credits
    276 - 4* replicator rations
    21 - 3* replicator rations
    695 - uncommon components (about half of them are pretty common galaxy event needs actually)
    36 - common components (most useless, but replicator fuel)
    28 - basic components (all useless)
    5275 chronitons (the first time I have ever wanted a galaxy over faction event).

What did I spend? I didn’t keep track exactly (denial), but I did buy a $99.99 pack of crystals and had 3000 left when the voyage was over.

Thanks again Althea for the great guide!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice haul CM :)
  • [SSR] Baragash[SSR] Baragash ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    On my current Voyage I chose choice C on Cracks in the Wall and it did not prevent First Author from appearing.

It did however block choice C on First Author when it did appear.

I’m sure that’s what happened as I’m following this guide to try and get Worf.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my goal this week, since I am taking off the "rerun" event. I am close to getting Fierce Guinan as an Achievement Award, and she is the last one of Voyage specific crew I need. I keep getting the first 2 parts of the Dilemmas, but never the third. Time to roll the dice and let the Voyage roll on...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • wfgwfg ✭✭
    Just made a run at (and completed) the 20 hour voyage achievement, and EVERY dilemma save for 2 was of the "level 1" (i.e., available at the 2 hour mark) variety. Disappointing.
  • I had to run a 28 and a 26 hour Voyage to get Colonel Worf. On the second one I got Part 1 at 4hrs and Part 2 at 8hrs 🙄

Gonna be a while before I go searching for the last one I need (Guinan), but still a little over 100 dilemmas to go for the 2nd star anyway.
  • I've been playing a few weeks and can easily do 2 hour voyages now but wanted to see what happened if I extended to do 4 hours and then I tried 6 hours but each dilemma I only got a 2*! I thought the rewards were supposed to get better?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Captain JM wrote: »
    I've been playing a few weeks and can easily do 2 hour voyages now but wanted to see what happened if I extended to do 4 hours and then I tried 6 hours but each dilemma I only got a 2*! I thought the rewards were supposed to get better?

The dilemmas are pretty random. I think originally they had a bug, made it much easier to get the better rewarding dilemmas.
    I also believe that dilemmas that reward two stars have a small chance of rewarding three stars.
    Usually if you do an 8 hr. voyage you will get one dilemma that will give you a superrare crew, however, you may also not even get one dilemma that guarantees a rare crew. You can get four dilemmas that just give 2 * crew.
    If you intend to extend voyage, I suggest that you wait until you have a maxed 5* ship. When you do load all slots with trait bonus. This will give you the max AM 2950 on revive and also at the start of your voyage.

That said if you still want to extend load crew that give you trait bonus. 12 slots times 50 AM bonus for each one means 300 AM bonus over ship. Then also make sure out of your ships you have the highest AM ship. (not necessarily will that be a ship with trait bonus)

Also just to remind you there are three level of dilemmas.

Level one: guarantees a 2* crew but you might get rare , 30 honor, and 30 Chron.

Level 2: guarantees a 3* crew but you might get superrare , 60 honor, and 50 Chron.

Level 3: 4* crew , 100 honor, and 70 Chron. OR you might get one time drop of 3* item, ship schematics (I believe no honor or Chron)
    Also crew can be replaced by 5* replicator ration usually you get 4* crew

Note: if you get voyage one time drop crew you get no honor or Chron
  • Thanks Waldo. I have a 5* ISS Enterprise but not fully maxed yet.

I did once get a 3* crew randomly drop just after the 2 hour voyage dilemma (which gave usual 2* crew) but I'm guessing that was super lucky.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Usually involving loud words and thrown chairs :)

Perhaps it would impress you to know that I know what a Donneybrook is

It certainly does. What is a Donnybrook?

Every year the citizens of Donneybrook, Ireland get drunk and fight brawl style. It’s a tradition. So anytime there’s a fight with multiple people it’s considered a Donneybrook

The NHL banned Donneybrooks...what a shame. Old Philadelphia Flyers announcer Gene Hart used that word to describe bench clearing brawls. At least we still get the occasional Donneybrook in baseball. 😁
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • I’ll update this guide when we find out how to get the 2 new voyage crew

Awesome! Looks like it is time for another long one! I had FF 2 of them, Gor for the event and Guinan because it’s her) so I will avoid them, but want to take care of the rest :-)

• It seems like perhaps DB has programmed the second and third parts for only those who have paid to extend, and even then they are scarce. I have run many 10-14 hour Voyages and NEVER gotten a part 2 to date!

I have gotten a fair amount of part 2's on my not-extended 6-8 hour Voyages.

Seems like you've just been hit with some bad luck :(

This is going back a few months, but I thought it worth pointing out.

After chasing Guinan (the last one I needed) for two months, I kind of gave up. Then one day, I got all 3 dilemmas leading to her back to back to back in 6 hours.

Just goes to show how crazy the RNG is!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Rooney on White Sox radio used to too. “And we got us a Donneybrook!”
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now this is a real DonnyBrook(e).

dwnti2bktihz.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Now this is a real DonnyBrook(e).

dwnti2bktihz.jpg

A true Airplane The Movie type pun

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the space station dilemma - I blew it up before it reached the planet = 5* rations.
    Torpedo thingy? (Tools at Hand) - Option C still gave ship schems

Onward
  • btw, in the original post, you have colonel worf mentioned in the one part and then jannar in the next part of the dilemma.
  • RogaDanar wrote: »
    btw, in the original post, you have colonel worf mentioned in the one part and then jannar in the next part of the dilemma.

Copy and paste error. I can’t believe out of all this time you’re the first person that picked up on that. I’ve corrected it.

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ugh! If reports are correct, McCoy is gotten from the same set of dilemmas as Fierce Guinan except instead of choosing A in part 3 to get Guinan, you choose B to get McCoy.

If true, that is a humongous slap in the face to all players. It means even if you spend the day lithium necessary for a 72 hour voyage, you have to make the decision whether to get McCoy or Guinan. A 72 hour voyage is hugely expensive and should guarantee all voyage crew as long as the correct dilemmas are selected.

Based on that, I’m betting Picard will be the same 3 parter as Colonel Worf with a different selection in part 3.

@Shan If this is true, this really needs to be re-examined.
  • edited September 2018
    Ugh! If reports are correct, McCoy is gotten from the same set of dilemmas as Fierce Guinan except instead of choosing A in part 3 to get Guinan, you choose B to get McCoy.

If true, that is a humongous slap in the face to all players. It means even if you spend the day lithium necessary for a 72 hour voyage, you have to make the decision whether to get McCoy or Guinan. A 72 hour voyage is hugely expensive and should guarantee all voyage crew as long as the correct dilemmas are selected.

If thats true, then Picard is most likely obtained via the Worf Giving Dilemma, well those are 2 crew i wont be getting for a while.
  • Ugh! If reports are correct, McCoy is gotten from the same set of dilemmas as Fierce Guinan except instead of choosing A in part 3 to get Guinan, you choose B to get McCoy.

If thats true, then Picard is most likly obtained via the Worf Giving Dilemma, well those are 2 crew i wont be getting for a while.

Hilarious. I was amending my original post to say the same thing!

• If that is true, DB has gone against previous additions to Voyages, when they had multiple other options to pick. Also, they have chosen the two most difficult paths - the only 3 part dilemmas in the game - many players haven't even reached the third part of these once in nearly a years play. It appears as if four of the voyage specific crew, at least, are going to require honor to FF anyway! Which doesn't change anything. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Ugh! If reports are correct, McCoy is gotten from the same set of dilemmas as Fierce Guinan except instead of choosing A in part 3 to get Guinan, you choose B to get McCoy.

If thats true, then Picard is most likly obtained via the Worf Giving Dilemma, well those are 2 crew i wont be getting for a while.

Hilarious. I was amending my original post to say the same thing!

Great minds think alike!

Based on that, I’m betting Picard will be the same 3 parter as Colonel Worf with a different selection in part 3.

@Shan If this is true, this really needs to be re-examined.

The next voyage out, I am going to start another “all-in”. The choice for McCoy will be ok, I do have Guinan FF, but when it comes to the Worf choice.....I am hoping some other brave sole verifies that you can get the new crew with the other choice before I click that button. I am such a scardy cat :-)

• I've updated the original post to reflect the paths for Dr. Leonard McCoy and Ensign Picard. I've also cleared out references to blocking paths (since that no longer happens) and reworded to make them more concise. Good luck on getting the new crew!
  • Thank you for your diligence in getting this thread updated for us. I have also shared the link to your thread with my fleet mates. :)
  • Huge thanks for this Althea!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met