Home The Bridge
Options

95%+ Shuttles Failing Way Too Often

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in The Bridge
Greetings

During this new event with Spiderman Barclay, I have meowticed that my very well stocked shuttles (all with 2x or 3x Legendary or Super-Rare 3x Event Bonus Crew), all in the 96-99% range, fail very often, and not only in one run, but in every run since event start.

Have your shuttles also failed ridiculously often above 95% during this event, as in 50%-75% only coming through and not a single 100% run of four shuttles?
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Options
    Is anyone else noticing an increase in the number of failed shuttle missions?
    First of all, it's crazy that the MORE honour you have with a faction, the less of a chance of success you have. That defies reason.
    But really Shan. If you continue to strip away any purpose for having immortal Legendaries, then what is the point of this game? Your game continues to PUNISH the people who play it for extended periods and/or high VIP players. What kind of business plan is that except the most cynical ploy.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed. There's good days and bad days. Good weeks and bad weeks. It's been like that from the beginning of the game.

Also chance of success does not correlate with your reputation.

Also having immortal legendaries doesn't mean you get higher chance. It means you get more difficult shuttle missions - the game is set to reach an equilibrium, or a stable state, around ~60% success chance.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    It's probably already a fact written somewhere but my experience has been that factions need a cooling off cycle for daily missions. If you keep hitting the same ones over and over they get STUPID hard. Go to one you've been neglecting and it's super easy for a few trips. DB seems to want to force us to rotate our missions even though you may REALLY only need an item from ONE faction at the moment.
  • Options
    C6pilot wrote: »
    Go to one you've been neglecting and it's super easy for a few trips.

Maybe. Or maybe it's the improvement in your crew that makes your shuttles much stronger, so that a couple of runs are relatively easier.
  • Options
    Thanks C6. I'll try that.
    Currently I have piled up a bunch of equipment that needs those incredibly rare 0* components. You know, the ones that cost more resources than the 4* components.
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Currently I have piled up a bunch of equipment that needs those incredibly rare 0* components. You know, the ones that cost more resources than the 4* components.

ya i find that the 0* and 1* seem harder to get then the 3/4/* which just seems really off
    ran ten missoins tonight on augment now just trying to get a 1* med ticket thing to finish last lvl 90 item on barclay , and still havnt hit one lol
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last 6 missions were all over 90%. 3 failed.
  • Options

and dont forget to spit thrice over your left shoulder before sending the shuttle. it's just as effective as C6pilot's advice. in reality, the only thing that makes a faction easier is failing some shuttles.
  • Options
    C6pilot wrote: »
    It's probably already a fact written somewhere but my experience has been that factions need a cooling off cycle for daily missions. If you keep hitting the same ones over and over they get STUPID hard. Go to one you've been neglecting and it's super easy for a few trips. DB seems to want to force us to rotate our missions even though you may REALLY only need an item from ONE faction at the moment.

Anecdotally, this is what I've experiences as well. I ran Augment missions for a while because I needed 2* Science Experiments...I was failing 3 our of 4 missions each run. Stepped away for a week or two. In that time I picked up a few crew members who needed the 2* Science Experiments and the missions were coming back 3/4 and 4/4 successfully. Unfortunately, I need over 30 of these damn things, so it is going to take quite some time....
  • Options
    RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    First of all, it's crazy that the MORE honour you have with a faction, the less of a chance of success you have. That defies reason.
    But really Shan. If you continue to strip away any purpose for having immortal Legendaries, then what is the point of this game? Your game continues to PUNISH the people who play it for extended periods and/or high VIP players. What kind of business plan is that except the most cynical ploy.

The stronger your crew gets, the harder this game is to play. That makes sense.

Want to know a secret? When you have considerably bad luck for a several shuttle events in a row, submit a complaint, they will tell you nothing is wrong, and magically your luck will change in the next event. Fix something they will. Tell you, they will not. (my personal experience with this game, I’ve done this twice)
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve done this twice

I guess you don't do it for every event because they'll catch on and stop flipping your luck switch?
  • Options
    RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    I’ve done this twice

I guess you don't do it for every event because they'll catch on and stop flipping your luck switch?

Quite the opposite. There has been two periods of time in this game where I have had absolutely crap luck 4-5 events in a row. From day one in this game when the first event rolled out I was able to pick and choose when I wanted to break that 1000 mark to get that 5* character. Reason being is because I’m no whale and knew I would have a crew slot problem. So I had the ability and strategy to win. And it worked every time I needed it to. Twice I had a run of 4 or 5 events where the chance was impossibly bad. Nothing dropped, shuttles came in with all hands lost, and when the shuttles did come in, they would not increase my points per shuttle like usual. Both times I sent in a ticket showing piss poor rng. Both times I was told nothing was wrong. And both times my “luck” did a 180 and all the sudden my strategies worked again the following event. Coincidence? Sure, believe what you want to believe.
    239 Immortalized
  • Options
    I’ve failed a ton today. Trying to get medical experiments before the event tomorrow. I’ve gone 2/12 for augment shuttles today.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coincidence? Sure, believe what you want to believe.

I'm just wondering why if you've found a secret luck switch you don't use it every event.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree with the concept that if you ignore a faction for a while their missions get easier while sticking with one faction for a while gets harder. I was rocking success rates in the 60s with Section 31 a couple weeks ago and then decided to use up some Ferengi transmissions and they were in the 80s before going down after a few days.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »
    Coincidence? Sure, believe what you want to believe.

I'm just wondering why if you've found a secret luck switch you don't use it every event.

Cause I like to test support and see if magical things happen like this. I'm playing the game. I'm not paying to win. Gonna be playing for a long time. No need to rush cause the end result is the same for all of us. When DB shuts down, we all get nothing.
    239 Immortalized
  • Options

Cannot be emphasized enough how truly STUPID that dynamic is........

Hahaha, yeah i completely agree.
    239 Immortalized
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we get one of these threads every time a faction event takes place. :wink: I've definitely had extended streaks of bad luck in the past, but nothing like that this weekend (knock wood). And that's all I think it is, just bad luck.

My shuttle percentages range from the upper 90s at the top, to occasionally one in the mid 80s (since I'm not really cherry-picking transmissions this weekend). I guess I'm probably getting 3 out of 4 coming back successful most of the time, and a few times 4 for 4. (Plus, if it helps, no skill boosts on any of them, and I also ran out of speed-up boosts, so right now they're just running au naturel, if you will.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I'm asking the community, because I haven't had anything near this bad ever in an event.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems being experienced....actually the opposite. I haven't had a shuttle fail yet. Now that I have tempt fate watch them fall over :):)
  • Options
    I feel your pain. This happens to me with depressing frequency, in every event.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies so far. Looks like I'm really unlucky then, guessing from the answers of Data and Willo. *hugs Veleia* Thanks for your compassion. :)
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had same as the OP last week rounds of 0/4 to 2/4 at best from shuttles this week 1 fail.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting! Thanks, Q. :)
  • Options
    NoneNone ✭✭✭
    Last week was the worst for me. I had one shuttle fail so often, I figured they must have been listing the failure rate and not the success rate. Every round for the last two days that shuttle did not succeed once. I went 0/4 the last day so often, even though all my shuttles were listed as 75%, that it dropped me back to 3500 VP at the end.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is harsh. I just was able to stay on 4K this event so far, but never had a clean run.
  • Options

Cannot be emphasized enough how truly STUPID that dynamic is........

Yes it would be stupid if it was true. IT IS NOT TRUE.

Why is this difficult to understand?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭