Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about this week's event: War Interrupted (re-run) - 03/01 - Updated

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Perhaps we will even get another crack at 2* Gaia Odo as the low level threshold reward.... i airlocked him first time around for space, not realizing they wouldn't be adding him to the 2* drops in the game...

I have definitely received Gaia Odo from pulls and voyages. I've seen others say the same.

Do you have a screenshot?

I thought the same thing too for a while, and then realized I was actually seeing 1* Investigator Odo in pulls and on voyages.

My theory is that he’s hanging out with Festive Jadzia and Jazz Musician Riker.

I'll try to take one the next time I see him, but it didn't seem noteworthy at the time. In another thread, multiple trustworthy players confirmed getting him in voyages.

I’ll try to find that thread. (:

Edit: I think I found it. I only see three people (including you) who say they’ve seen him, and neither of the other two seemed very sure or had any details about it. I don’t think anyone’s lying, I just think it’s possible that someone’s misremembering? Many of us only pay attention to the crew we want to keep. There are just too many to keep track of, you know?

You may be right. I'm certain that I haven't seen Jadzia or Riker, but I'm confident that I have received Gaia Odo in the past. I'll try to screenshot next time I see him.

Thank you. (: You might be right, I just find it odo (heh, odd...) that if he is in there, his drop rate must be fairly low?
  • Options
    On a personal level it's somewhat annoying to see this event be rerun now as I literally just bought three citations to finish off Trader Odo a week or so ago as I hadn't seen another copy of him for months. Usually I buy one or two event packs if I need all the characters or perhaps just have one FFed, then rely on the thresholds and/or rank to finish off the 4*s. As I now have two of them FFed though, my odds of getting someone I need aren't good to put it mildly, so I might skip the packs this week. And if Troi or Odo are the threshold I may skip entirely and just get the Saturday afternoon offer if it's Dukat.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    On a personal level it's somewhat annoying to see this event be rerun now as I literally just bought three citations to finish off Trader Odo a week or so ago as I hadn't seen another copy of him for months. Usually I buy one or two event packs if I need all the characters or perhaps just have one FFed, then rely on the thresholds and/or rank to finish off the 4*s. As I now have two of them FFed though, my odds of getting someone I need aren't good to put it mildly, so I might skip the packs this week. And if Troi or Odo are the threshold I may skip entirely and just get the Saturday afternoon offer if it's Dukat.

We all take that choice to use citations to level crew which may come up again in events, either means you can get all the benefits of using your FF/FE crew to get all the bonus's and rank higher or you sit out of the event.

Not all of us have FF/FE crew from over a year ago, I would like to be able to either get some, or FF them as I wasn't all that competitive say a year ago, or lacked space to be able to hold onto a certain character, even i it is just to get the achievement for immortalizing crew, or freeing up some crew slots
  • Options
    Wish Rakal Troi wasn't in this as I have her FF'd (and she's useless...), but I'll still 100% take a chance on packs for this. Garak and Dukat are two of the best characters in ST, will probably buy one of the offers in the hope I can add a star to my OO Garak, finish top 1000 for a third and use my 50k honor for a 4th. Really hope Trader Odo isn't pack only aswell as I need two more stars on him to make him one of my top diplomacies.
  • Options
    NS111111 wrote: »
    Wish Rakal Troi wasn't in this as I have her FF'd (and she's useless...), but I'll still 100% take a chance on packs for this. Garak and Dukat are two of the best characters in ST, will probably buy one of the offers in the hope I can add a star to my OO Garak, finish top 1000 for a third and use my 50k honor for a 4th. Really hope Trader Odo isn't pack only aswell as I need two more stars on him to make him one of my top diplomacies.

I don't have any of these crew, so I am happy to get Troi, Garak or Dukat
  • Options
    Gives me an excuse to finally FE Rakal Troi but holy hell what a pain to level with all those Romulan emblems. Good thing I have chrons saved up and I stopped this week’s event once I got Cornwell.
  • Options
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Gives me an excuse to finally FE Rakal Troi but holy hell what a pain to level with all those Romulan emblems. Good thing I have chrons saved up and I stopped this week’s event once I got Cornwell.

Same here, but have used my crons on many of my crew instead
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the 5* stayed the same this time. That's really what I'd like to see more of in re-runs. It REALLY makes me wish I already had Obsidian Order Dukat so I could add a star to him. I'm sure there are plenty of players chomping at the bit to add a star to theirs.

That's Obsidian Order Garak

Dukat isn't nearly devious enough to be Obsidian Order.

Also I think you just insulted two different Cardassians, and that's really dangerous, I'd be careful if I were you.

I think Dukat was smart enough to be Obsidian Order. He was sneaky enough to get Kira, who hated him, to help him fight klingons. And while fighting alongside Kira and DS9 he made a secret pact with the Dominion, rose in power, and started a war to try to wipe out the Federation. Then he joined the Pah Raiths, snuck onto ds9, closed the wormhole, convinced his old underling to turn him bajoran, then tricked the Kai, a spiritual leader of Bajor, to betray the Prophets, fall in love with him and turn to the Pah Raiths. The guy was devious up the Wazoo.

I agree with all this but Dukat was more of a low cunning kind of guy and the Order wasn’t just about being sneaky. You could pretty much describe 99% of ALL Cardassians as sneaky. Garak was more than that. He was observant, ingenious, meticulous, and highly intelligent. Comparatively Dukat was clumsy and obvious. The two most devious things he ever did you mentioned; tricking the Kai and betraying the Alpha quadrant. Also, Dukat liked to gloat and show off while Garak would just quietly get things done. That’s the difference between being a spy and being a villain I guess. Finally, they were both VERY persuasive people but Dukat was generally a bit blunt while Garak was eloquent. It’s probably one reason why they hated each other so much.
    I definitely agree Garak is smarter and sneakier than Dukat. But the orignial claim wasnt that Dukat was smarter and sneakier than Garak but that Dukat wasnt devious enough to be Obsidian Order. I think Dukat is definitely devious enough to be Obsidian Order but as Dukat liked attention and worship he did not join the Obsidian Order spy network. It was interesting that Dukat and Garak hated each other. Part of that was like you said, because they are different people. But also because the military and the Obsidian Order were rivals. And that the Obsidian Order not only spied on other peoples but their own people as well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It was interesting that Dukat and Garak hated each other. Part of that was like you said, because they are different people. But also because the military and the Obsidian Order were rivals. And that the Obsidian Order not only spied on other peoples but their own people as well.

Also the fact Garak killed (or was instrumental in the death of) Dukat's father...
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Side note... I hope they change Dukat's name to Anjohl Tennan for this

I’d completely forgotten that detail but you’re totally right. I’ll still think of him as Bajoran Dukat but he should definitely have his Bajoran name on the crew card. You see this DB? Anjohl Tennan from Relliketh! Not sure if that’s the province or city.

I hope they do - and give him the traits Undercover Operative and Farmer
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It was interesting that Dukat and Garak hated each other. Part of that was like you said, because they are different people. But also because the military and the Obsidian Order were rivals. And that the Obsidian Order not only spied on other peoples but their own people as well.

Also the fact Garak killed (or was instrumental in the death of) Dukat's father...

Definitely a major factor in their mutual hatred.

Apollo: I was mostly just giving a bunch of background to highlight their key differences. My point was made in a roundabout way but to state clearly, I disagree. Dukat was clever and cunning but just not good enough or with the right mindset to be in the Obsidian Order.

@GhostStalker : As a relavent point to what I just stated and in response to your statement, Garak would stab you in the back. Dukat would stab you in the front, and then take over the government and declare war on you. Meanwhile, after Garak stabbed you in the back, he’d arrange things to looked like you died in some sort of accident, a perfectly natural accident, and erase all records that he was ever anywhere in the vicinity while at the same time establishing an ironclad alibi with at least 2 dozen reputable witnesses and possibly even video footage that just happens to catch sight of him in the background along with those witnesses, all at a public event occurring at the same time as the accident some 10 light years or more away. No one would ever suspect that your death was anything other than a weird accident and Garak nor the Obsidian Order would ever be mentioned or suspected in any way, shape, or form. No one would ever know and even those in the Order that did know would never mention it or even hint at knowing such, including Garak.

@Blanton : I really, really hope he gets the right traits this time around. Crafty, Undercover Operative, Farmer, maybe Casual, at least.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options

Apollo: I was mostly just giving a bunch of background to highlight their key differences. My point was made in a roundabout way but to state clearly, I disagree. Dukat was clever and cunning but just not good enough or with the right mindset to be in the Obsidian Order.

@GhostStalker : As a relavent point to what I just stated and in response to your statement, Garak would stab you in the back. Dukat would stab you in the front, and then take over the government and declare war on you. Meanwhile, after Garak stabbed you in the back, he’d arrange things to looked like you died in some sort of accident, a perfectly natural accident, and erase all records that he was ever anywhere in the vicinity while at the same time establishing an ironclad alibi with at least 2 dozen reputable witnesses and possibly even video footage that just happens to catch sight of him in the background along with those witnesses, all at a public event occurring at the same time as the accident some 10 light years or more away. No one would ever suspect that your death was anything other than a weird accident and Garak nor the Obsidian Order would ever be mentioned or suspected in any way, shape, or form. No one would ever know and even those in the Order that did know would never mention it or even hint at knowing such, including Garak.

@Blanton : I really, really hope he gets the right traits this time around. Crafty, Undercover Operative, Farmer, maybe Casual, at least.

Is there a trait for "Blinded by an Ancient Forbidden Text"?
  • Options
    Blanton wrote: »

Is there a trait for "Blinded by an Ancient Forbidden Text"?

The best I can do for that would be Villain. Lol.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    "Brilliant" may be overstating when describing Garak or Dukat. IMHO
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options

And that Dukat made sure Garak stayed exiled. So many good reasons for them to hate each other. I liked when they had to fight side by side against the klingons to save the Cardassian govt officials. Garak later regretted not killing Dukat then but Garak thought he may not have been able to fight off all the klingons by himself.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanton wrote: »

The fact that there are umpteen versions of Burnham in the game after only one season of Discovery versus the fact that there are only 3 Garaks and 3 Dukats, two of the most well-crafted and intricate characters of all time, after 7 brilliant seasons of DS9.... *sigh*

And only one Weyoun!

Although there are actually four versions of our favourite tailor in the game. Still need a few more, though.

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we will even get another crack at 2* Gaia Odo as the low level threshold reward.... i airlocked him first time around for space, not realizing they wouldn't be adding him to the 2* drops in the game...

I have definitely received Gaia Odo from pulls and voyages. I've seen others say the same.

Do you have a screenshot?

I thought the same thing too for a while, and then realized I was actually seeing 1* Investigator Odo in pulls and on voyages.

My theory is that he’s hanging out with Festive Jadzia and Jazz Musician Riker.

I'll try to take one the next time I see him, but it didn't seem noteworthy at the time. In another thread, multiple trustworthy players confirmed getting him in voyages.

I’ll try to find that thread. (:

Edit: I think I found it. I only see three people (including you) who say they’ve seen him, and neither of the other two seemed very sure or had any details about it. I don’t think anyone’s lying, I just think it’s possible that someone’s misremembering? Many of us only pay attention to the crew we want to keep. There are just too many to keep track of, you know?

You may be right. I'm certain that I haven't seen Jadzia or Riker, but I'm confident that I have received Gaia Odo in the past. I'll try to screenshot next time I see him.

Thank you. (: You might be right, I just find it odo (heh, odd...) that if he is in there, his drop rate must be fairly low?

I talked this over with my fleet. We all agreed that Gaia Odo was indeed in the portal for a period of time. Nobody has seen him in a while, so we think that he may have been removed at some point. I have no hard evidence, but that's our best theory.
  • Options

We all take that choice to use citations to level crew which may come up again in events, either means you can get all the benefits of using your FF/FE crew to get all the bonus's and rank higher or you sit out of the event.

Not all of us have FF/FE crew from over a year ago, I would like to be able to either get some, or FF them as I wasn't all that competitive say a year ago, or lacked space to be able to hold onto a certain character, even i it is just to get the achievement for immortalizing crew, or freeing up some crew slots

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these haters who think DB have a vendetta out against them if they're not getting something out of it. It's just disappointing for me, which is why I mentioned "on a personal level". I accept completely that it may be a great event for others to pick up crew they don't have. That still happens with me from time to time. It's just not going to in this instance. Nobody's fault as I wasn't to know it would be rerun and DB weren't to know I'd spent honour on Odo. I'm no more special than any other player. Hope you get who you're after this week :smile:
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Great job picking the characters for this event!!!
  • Options
    Dukat was a great bad guy. Bajoran Dukat should have "undercover operative" trait. I like your analysis about Dukat and Garak Zann Calcore. So many great characters in ds9.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these haters who think DB have a vendetta out against them if they're not getting something out of it. It's just disappointing for me, which is why I mentioned "on a personal level". I accept completely that it may be a great event for others to pick up crew they don't have. That still happens with me from time to time. It's just not going to in this instance. Nobody's fault as I wasn't to know it would be rerun and DB weren't to know I'd spent honour on Odo. I'm no more special than any other player. Hope you get who you're after this week :smile:

Apologies, if my comment seemed a bit direct and thanks, I hope to get a few old characters
  • Options
    Has it ever been confirmed if the drop rate for related cards increases in event packs? For example with the Spider Barclay pack I got 2 copies of Interfaced Barclay as well. This happened to me with Romulan data pack dropping Tempted Data and Hollander Data for me.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Dukat was a great bad guy. Bajoran Dukat should have "undercover operative" trait. I like your analysis about Dukat and Garak Zann Calcore. So many great characters in ds9.

I agree on both counts. And thanks, I’m glad you liked it. Also, yes, DS9 still has so many characters that haven’t been explored or fully utilized, including both Dukat and Garak, not to mention The Sisko.

P.S. - Yes, for the love of God, give OO Garak the Interrogator Trait.
  • Options
    Love this event crew! Thanks, DB!
  • Options
    I hope Troi is the threshold, I have had a 1/4 sitting around for a while..
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!