Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about this week's event: War Interrupted (re-run) - 03/01 - Updated

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Troi is the threshold, I have had a 1/4 sitting around for a while..

Same here, and I only started equipping her Friday after the OP because of her reputation as a PitA to level. Ugh, Romulan Encryption Algorithms again....
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since she was threshold last time I'm hoping Odo is Thresh and Dukat ranked.... but I guess we shall see.
  • Options
    So this is why my Community Reward Portal gave me 3 Talor Garak!
  • Options
    Has it ever been confirmed if the drop rate for related cards increases in event packs? For example with the Spider Barclay pack I got 2 copies of Interfaced Barclay as well. This happened to me with Romulan data pack dropping Tempted Data and Hollander Data for me.
    In the old forums Nod stated that this was indeed the case. It was stated, in this forum by @Black Pebble I think, that the the drop rates for event packs are not altered. So you guess is as good as mine. And I am sure we will now get a lot of speculation supporting both cases.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here, and I only started equipping her Friday after the OP because of her reputation as a PitA to level. Ugh, Romulan Encryption Algorithms again....
    Thankfully thanks to our starbase we have 3 extra replications. Useful for those hard to farm Romulan items. Got her up to Lvl100 while waiting for this borefest galaxy event to end, just a few more items to FE her but I might wait for the threshold rewards to be announced as it may save me some chronos

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Admiral_MorakAdmiral_Morak ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Has it ever been confirmed if the drop rate for related cards increases in event packs? For example with the Spider Barclay pack I got 2 copies of Interfaced Barclay as well. This happened to me with Romulan data pack dropping Tempted Data and Hollander Data for me.
    In the old forums Nod stated that this was indeed the case. It was stated, in this forum by @Black Pebble I think, that the the drop rates for event packs are not altered. So you guess is as good as mine. And I am sure we will now get a lot of speculation supporting both cases.

The only non-behold, non-event 5* I've gotten was from an event pack. It was an alternate version of an event crew, just like your Data example.

It seems to me that the truth is between the two statements. Odds of getting alternates of featured go up but overall 5* odds remain the same. You just don't see beholds on the alts of featured characters.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the 5* stayed the same this time. That's really what I'd like to see more of in re-runs. It REALLY makes me wish I already had Obsidian Order Dukat so I could add a star to him. I'm sure there are plenty of players chomping at the bit to add a star to theirs.

That's Obsidian Order Garak

Dukat isn't nearly devious enough to be Obsidian Order.

Also I think you just insulted two different Cardassians, and that's really dangerous, I'd be careful if I were you.

I think Dukat was smart enough to be Obsidian Order. He was sneaky enough to get Kira, who hated him, to help him fight klingons. And while fighting alongside Kira and DS9 he made a secret pact with the Dominion, rose in power, and started a war to try to wipe out the Federation. Then he joined the Pah Raiths, snuck onto ds9, closed the wormhole, convinced his old underling to turn him bajoran, then tricked the Kai, a spiritual leader of Bajor, to betray the Prophets, fall in love with him and turn to the Pah Raiths. The guy was devious up the Wazoo.

He was devious in a power-hungry, public way. To be in the OO, one has to be content for all their power to be in the shadows, quietly controlling everything. Dukat was clearly very intelligent, and very cunning, but he couldn't last in the shadows of the Obsidian Order.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I'm guessing the new Dukat will be the threshold character. Since he's the only new crew it would make sense that they would want to "encourage" players to have to buy packs to get his 4th star.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I'm guessing the new Dukat will be the threshold character. Since he's the only new crew it would make sense that they would want to "encourage" players to have to buy packs to get his 4th star.

Rakal Troi was threshold last time. Is DB more likely to be lazy or greedy?!?!?!? I suspect lazy will be more likely since people are gonna buy packs anyways to get the other characters.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Garak would stab you in the back.

Well, it's the safest way, isn't it?

"His back was to me."
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

"His back was to me."
    "Officer, he backed into my knife!"
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to try my luck at the packs when they are available. I already have Rakal Troi FF, so RNG be kind to me...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll do Dukat as threshold and then the 9.95 deal for him.
    I'm hopin he's ranked tho as some folks have both Troi and Odo non FF and can simply finish them off.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »

"His back was to me."
    "Officer, he backed into my knife!"

It's so much easier when they hold still. It's also much quicker and cleaner that way. Really, it's the only civilized way to do it.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Rakal Troi was threshold last time. Is DB more likely to be lazy or greedy?!?!?!? I suspect lazy will be more likely since people are gonna buy packs anyways to get the other characters.

If there is one case where DB is never lazy, it's a chance to make a buck. They will have to tweak the rewards regardless. I am sure Dukat will be placed wherever they think they can maximize their profits.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

If there is one case where DB is never lazy, it's a chance to make a buck. They will have to tweak the rewards regardless. I am sure Dukat will be placed wherever they think they can maximize their profits.

I’d love to have him as threshold. I have enough dil saved for two event packs. (:
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Maybe they'll do Dukat as threshold and then the 9.95 deal for him.
    I'm hopin he's ranked tho as some folks have both Troi and Odo non FF and can simply finish them off.

They seem to have being offering that way recently. Certainly on galaxy events.

Which is way, he will probably be rank and the $25 crew.
  • Options
    In a perfect world for me I hope Odo is Threshold (i've had him at 1/4 FE for a long time), Dukat will be ranked and Troi will be pack only. Which means Troi will probably be threshold, Dukat pack only and Odo will be ranked lol
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a GREAT rerun with some terrific characters, THANK YOU DB - and there's plenty of time to thaw out my Trois into the slots that are no longer occupied by STD characters!

it's probably asking for too much, but does anybody else kinda sorta hope this new Dukat has sound clips? Even just him saying "ADAMIIIII" in his angry Dukat voice would be great, wouldn't it?
  • Options
    "Brilliant" may be overstating when describing Garak or Dukat. IMHO

Well, my statement was that the 7 season run of DS9 was "brilliant". It's my personal opinion, and my favorite Trek series. I am sure you have your own that differs. You do you.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaia Odo!!
  • Options
    I have Rakal FF/FE but none of the other 3 characters. You can all guess who I received from my two 10 X pulls. 😣 Oh well, I'll see who is offered in packs this weekend.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looooovin' the art for Dukat. Well done.
  • Options
    At least they've made Trader Odo pack only. Makes me feel a little better about citationing him. Dukat's art isn't too bad, I'll probably do the thresholds this time.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bajoran Dukat art looks pretty awesome I'd say
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three packs, One Troi (Boo), one Odo, and one Dukat.
  • Options
    Trader Odo pack only.... thanks DB.... He was literally the ONLY character I wanted from this event lol. Well played
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they've made Trader Odo pack only. Makes me feel a little better about citationing him. Dukat's art isn't too bad, I'll probably do the thresholds this time.

Yeah mines at 1/4 so seriously thinking about Threshold and out -- not sure how much I really have a fire burning to put another star on Garak with Troi FF.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    jpcb5uc3kojl.png
    Great pack for me. I only planned to pull once and I'm not pressing my luck

Garak is now 3/5
    Janeway is now 4/4
    Q is now 3/4