Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about this week's event: War Interrupted (re-run) - 03/01 - Updated

123457»

Comments

• Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    Well, I'm off to an inauspicious start, having used a nerfed kickstart (shame on me for not actually checking how many missions for each faction we could open up) and then having a 25% success rate on my following two waves of shuttles (despite 90+% probability).
  • Options
    So, I'm a little confused by this event.

First, the good news.

DB have either increased the number of shuttle missions we can run to 10 for each faction or they simply did not change the code from the previous event (this is a rerun albeit with new event rewards)

Which brings me to the confusion - why is Trader Odo not a ranked event reward ?

Is Constable Odo just an error in the reward table ?

Why is there no option to get Trader Odo or a 4th star for Dukat other than buying event packs ?

Am I missing something or is this a mistake ?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There are 30 missions, 10 each, since this is a re-run from before the change to 6 per. They won't be changing those older events when they rerun them from what they've said.

It's fairly common when they do a rerun for one of the crew from the first run of the event to be pack only, in this case they chose TrOdo although it's often the 5* instead. It's also "normal" that the threshold 4* in a faction event can only be FF'd by doing pulls.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    So, I'm a little confused by this event.

First, the good news.

DB have either increased the number of shuttle missions we can run to 10 for each faction or they simply did not change the code from the previous event (this is a rerun albeit with new event rewards)

Which brings me to the confusion - why is Trader Odo not a ranked event reward ?

Is Constable Odo just an error in the reward table ?

Why is there no option to get Trader Odo or a 4th star for Dukat other than buying event packs ?

Bajoran Dukat is the thing that you are missing.

Yes, it’s a rerun. But they added a new crew, so they put Dukat in as thresholds, moved Troi to ranked rewards, which leaves Odo as pack-only this event. It happens with reruns where they add a fourth crew. Someone has to be removed from the rewards tables.

However, Odo is indeed bonus crew still, so Constable Odo as a ranked reward is not a mistake.

And in full faction events, you’ve never been able to get all 4* from thresholds. That’s a feature unique to community rewards in galaxies or half galaxies.

As for the “good news” bit, I’d say it’s more likely that they just haven’t changed this event because it’s a rerun. I imagine we will be back to 6 missions per faction by the next new faction event.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭

Past the very beginning threshold in always was 3/4 only and without additional reward in Faction it always leaves with unfinished 3/4 you need to buy packs for (or recently citation).

And repeat events always cycle one character out of reward table and being accessible only through packs.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »

Past the very beginning threshold in always was 3/4 only and without additional reward in Faction it always leaves with unfinished 3/4 you need to buy packs for (or recently citation).

And repeat events always cycle one character out of reward table and being accessible only through packs.

Actually a lot of events they simply replace a character rather than letting all the prior event characters be event/bonus. I think they did this one this way because there were so few Dukats that making 4 characters event crew made sense this time.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Actually a lot of events they simply replace a character rather than letting all the prior event characters be event/bonus. I think they did this one this way because there were so few Dukats that making 4 characters event crew made sense this time.

The only two I can think of where they did this are the reruns for Second Act & Contingency Plan. Every other event I can think of all previous bonus crew provided some kind of bonus, even events where those crew were left out of packs for the repeat.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Shan what happened to the 'next week's event' post? I noticed that the FE information is now wrapped into the FF-FE post in Starfleet Communications. Does this mean you are also no longer posting on 'next week's event'?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Hey @Shan what happened to the 'next week's event' post? I noticed that the FE information is now wrapped into the FF-FE post in Starfleet Communications. Does this mean you are also no longer posting on 'next week's event'?
    They come out around noon on Fridays.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    mejoyh wrote: »
    They come out around noon on Fridays.

ah ok thanks @robownage! good to know :)
  • Options
    Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    Why has this thread been unstickied before the event is half way over?
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why has this thread been unstickied before the event is half way over?

Is there a limit to the number of threads they can keep stickied, perhaps?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't bought packs in
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Is it because this is a re-run that we can do ten of each Fraction Shuttles?

I don’t understand what you mean by “10 of each faction”. Could you explain this to me.

They Nerfed the Fraction Mission Events. Now, we can only open SIX of Each Faction in a three Faction Event......

That is true of NEW events. This event is a re-run though. This event you can still open 10 missions for each faction.
  • Options
    Anyone know how many points you need to be top 1000 as we go into the final 12 hours?
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Anyone know how many points you need to be top 1000 as we go into the final 12 hours?
    At the end of event? Around 350 at the end should guarantee it. Likely less. Don't know how much less, but I would be VERY surprised if it's less than 300.

Currently? Don't know, I'm judging from my current position and how many places I typically fall by skipping one 3-hour shuttle run.
  • Options
    Thanks. Was trying to see if I should give up or try for top 1000, but I'm not gonna make it (as usual). At this point my only hope for an event 5-star is if they change the reward structure so that more ranks get it, but I won't hold my breath.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks. Was trying to see if I should give up or try for top 1000, but I'm not gonna make it (as usual). At this point my only hope for an event 5-star is if they change the reward structure so that more ranks get it, but I won't hold my breath.
    Alarm clock is your friend! And my enemy...

But really, my heavy pullers this event are 2 3*s from cryo, 2/4 Rakal, leveled up threshold, Bridge Troi (who is not THAT much better for med shuttle than 3* Troi that was left in freezer) and, well, shared 5/5 Inquisitor Troi who would been worst possible event 5* among those for this event if not for med shuttles, especially Romulan one... Last 1.5 days I even stopped using skill boosters and last day stopped buying Romulan missions which are best for said crew.

So any decent crew will do in not hotly contested event as long as you have 4 shuttles and ready to ruin your sleep schedule by sending them every 3 hours on clock. It's either that or money for time boosters and pack crew.
  • Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Only little over an hour to go until I can finally freeze Rakal Troi...

Edit: Removed stray comma