Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. My best is 8 hours 10, done today, but I don't have an extensive crew. Last weekend my fleet ran a challenge: who can run the longest voyage using only super-rare crew : most of us could get close to 7 hours, anything above that had the Voyage Estimator warning us that the primary skill was too high! 7 hours 06 was the top challenge, as I remember. You need a really good depth of crew to get to 10 hours it seems!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I improved my time a little bit, butt still not 10 hours without refill ... I am getting closer though. :)

44yyvs8kxuq4.png
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    that 10:43 is the best i've heard of so far.

my personal best ... could have probably squeezed 2-3 minutes more, but it was in the middle of the night and i wanted to get back to sleep. lol m5kjhlo3b4l8.png
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that 10:43 is the best i've heard of so far.

my personal best ... could have probably squeezed 2-3 minutes more, but it was in the middle of the night and i wanted to get back to sleep. lol m5kjhlo3b4l8.png

Ha! Been there. Nothing worse than waking up to a systems failure

• Options
    9 hours 14 minutes for me, some month or so ago. Sadly, no screenshot to prove it, but I can say one thing for a fact - the 9 hours voyage didn't merit the mediocre rewards that I got (under 500 chronitons), so it might as well have been an 8 for all I cared back then.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally made it over 10 hours ... had about 40 seconds to spare, but I was amazed that it was a SEC-ENG voyage and not my favorite (being SCI-ENG or ENG-SCI). Anyway, who cares, I made it! :)

mzxhhcpdqxkc.png
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally made it over 10 hours ... had about 40 seconds to spare, but I was amazed that it was a SEC-ENG voyage and not my favorite (being SCI-ENG or ENG-SCI). Anyway, who cares, I made it! :)

mzxhhcpdqxkc.png

Got this one last night off of SCI/ENG. was hoping I would get another try but it finished just after refresh time.5v4s90djt67y.png

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Improvement by a bit over six minutes to this new value. Sorry, I overwrote my first (actual recall time) screenshot, so I had to write the recall time manually with yellow color into the other screenshot. My starting AM was 2500 + 225 + 150 AM (ship base, crew bonus, ship bonus). The crew setup is shown in the three screenshots below the record screenshot.

o5q2dlb7ajgi.png
    5x36d8r5vtu5.png
    ifgr5cwgfy7n.png
    wr3clfvwf1c8.png
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best 11 hr 7 mins but usually go 9 1/2 - 10 1/4.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I've been curious about this lately and was going to ask if anyone got to 10 but I see that they have. I'm around 8.5 now and hope to shoot for 10. For me the voyages are the point of the game. It's my favorite aspect anyway.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    I've been curious about this lately and was going to ask if anyone got to 10 but I see that they have. I'm around 8.5 now and hope to shoot for 10. For me the voyages are the point of the game. It's my favorite aspect anyway.

Yea, lately I've switched from a strategy of going for the "longest possible voyage" to "maximizing my chances of breaking 8".

It's, likely, impossible for me to hit 10 with my current crew, but I'm going to get a lot fewer 7:50 failures if I am able to keep my Primary/Secondary around 10k and get my Tertiary stats up higher (even though I could stack them a bit higher if I really tried).
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't crack the 10hr44min barrier - been there twice now. Need to get some good RNG to hit that 11hr mark, but that is now the current goal.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nomad, you got a screenie of those 11h 7m? Would like to see your crew and starting AM and statz. :)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Improvement by a bit over six minutes to this new value. Sorry, I overwrote my first (actual recall time) screenshot, so I had to write the recall time manually with yellow color into the other screenshot. My starting AM was 2500 + 225 + 150 AM (ship base, crew bonus, ship bonus). The crew setup is shown in the three screenshots below the record screenshot.

o5q2dlb7ajgi.png
    5x36d8r5vtu5.png
    ifgr5cwgfy7n.png
    wr3clfvwf1c8.png

Thanks for including screenshots of the crew. I’m always curious to see that on these record breaking Voyages. I feel like a rookie with my top voyage being 9:14.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, lately I've switched from a strategy of going for the "longest possible voyage" to "maximizing my chances of breaking 8".

It's, likely, impossible for me to hit 10 with my current crew, but I'm going to get a lot fewer 7:50 failures if I am able to keep my Primary/Secondary around 10k and get my Tertiary stats up higher (even though I could stack them a bit higher if I really tried).

Just over eight is great. I like that I don't have to worry about baby-sitting that third dilemma. I prefer to recall just beyond eight.
  • Options
    AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    My best was just a few days ago. Almost matched that 10:43.

wxczk19ryptz.png
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Two voyages in a row that I'm going over 8, that's after I've had 3 straight 4 hour voyages. (So I'm pretty happy with that) I think my longest is around 9:12. But that's clearly a fluke for me.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hungry Dog wrote: »
    Two voyages in a row that I'm going over 8, that's after I've had 3 straight 4 hour voyages. (So I'm pretty happy with that) I think my longest is around 9:12. But that's clearly a fluke for me.

As someone said, RNG swings wildly when it comes to Voyages. I am sometimes surprised the difference in length with similar skill points

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

As someone said, RNG swings wildly when it comes to Voyages. I am sometimes surprised the difference in length with similar skill points

It's mostly in how Hazards actually get apportioned. Raising skills across the board will reduce the variance you see. Stacking Primary/Secondary is (usually) a good strategy, but it will lead to much more variable outcomes because you're relying on RNG to give you the "normal" 35/25% proportions.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's mostly in how Hazards actually get apportioned. Raising skills across the board will reduce the variance you see. Stacking Primary/Secondary is (usually) a good strategy, but it will lead to much more variable outcomes because you're relying on RNG to give you the "normal" 35/25% proportions.

You are the voyage guru. You’ve helped us all alot by cracking these codes. I have noticed lately that I have been getting way more 30s for resolution rewards even at the 8 hour mark
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm similarly looking to try and consistently break 8 hours. I don't think I have the crew for all skills yet, but once I fuse a couple more that's my target. Getting the 7:30 to 8 will yield a better return than getting 8:05 to 8:35
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    I haven’t broken the 8 hour mark without a refil yet. Perhaps I should invest the honor I have saved up on a couple of sta
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

It's mostly in how Hazards actually get apportioned. Raising skills across the board will reduce the variance you see.

INORITE? Couple weeks ago I had a dicey SEC/MED Voyage. This is a strong combo for me and I can almost hit 9 hours with it but I think I fell short of 8. I was looking at some of the recent Hazards in the 6-8 hour bracket and almost shouted at my phone: "STOP GIVING ME COMMAND TESTS".

I didn't really get an unusual amount of CMD hazards but they just happened to appear in the 6-8 hour bracket when I would fail all CMD hazards.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    I’ll try again..

I haven’t broken the 8 hour mark without a refil yet. I’m not really able to get to the 10k primary stat without significantly affecting the other stats.

Perhaps I should invest the honor I have saved up on a couple of stars on some of my legends. Anyone got any advice on the best legendary crew for voyages?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    I’ll try again..

I haven’t broken the 8 hour mark without a refil yet. I’m not really able to get to the 10k primary stat without significantly affecting the other stats.

Perhaps I should invest the honor I have saved up on a couple of stars on some of my legends. Anyone got any advice on the best legendary crew for voyages?

Dark Ages McCoy is great. Also, look for rare high skill combos. Lore is over 1000 on ENG/COM as is Captain LaForge. Marquis Tubok and Admiral Janeeay are over 1000 on SCI/SEC. Spider Broccoli is way high on ENG/SCI. Aviator Yar and Mirror Bashir are over 1000 on ENG/SEC.....

• Options
    Siblin wrote: »
    I’ll try again..

2650 AM + 10k Primary/Secondary + 3500k "other" stats average to have a good shot at breaking 8 hours.

Alternatively, 2650 AM + 8k Primary/Secondary + 6k "other" stats should also get you there.

When I am figuring out which crew I want to use, I use weightings of 3.5 on the primary skill, 2.5 on the secondary, and 1.0 on the "other". Keep in mind that following that guideline too closely can lead you to over-stacking Primary/Secondary as your crew grows and gets stronger, so always be wary of that.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A slight improvement but still far from 10 hourseo8v41003zbm.png
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC-SCI voyage: Slight improvement to 10 hours, 21 minutes and 10 seconds (screenshot taken at change from 2 to 1 Antimatter remaining, 2 seconds before recalling it).

The next voyage (current I'm running) is DIP-SEC and I'm at 1479 AM past the 8 hour dilemma. Never had that much antimatter left at this stage. Might as well get another new purrsonal best in a row.

0bzcrdgb0ubt.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC-SCI voyage: Slight improvement to 10 hours, 21 minutes and 10 seconds (screenshot taken at change from 2 to 1 Antimatter remaining, 2 seconds before recalling it).

The next voyage (current I'm running) is DIP-SEC and I'm at 1479 AM past the 8 hour dilemma. Never had that much antimatter left at this stage. Might as well get another new purrsonal best in a row.

0bzcrdgb0ubt.jpg

I’m pulling for you!! I’m still waiting for ENG/SCI to pop up again. I think that’s my best combo. May your voyage be record breaking!

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still waiting for ENG/SCI to pop up again. I think that’s my best combo.

That sounds atypical to me.