Home The Bridge

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• I've only gotten a 9:45 natural. Same numbers I've seen a lot of people post natural 10s and that particular combo always gets me in the mid 9hrs when by rights I should have hit at least one 10.

Look at this. With Cmd/Sec or Cmd/Dip a natural 10 should happen relatively often. But nope. Not ever.

nt0kaacqcul9.png
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only gotten a 9:45 natural. Same numbers I've seen a lot of people post natural 10s and that particular combo always gets me in the mid 9hrs when by rights I should have hit at least one 10.

Look at this. With Cmd/Sec or Cmd/Dip a natural 10 should happen relatively often. But nope. Not ever.

nt0kaacqcul9.png

I'm not sure what that represents, but does it include the ship bonus for featured ship skill.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I've only gotten a 9:45 natural. Same numbers I've seen a lot of people post natural 10s and that particular combo always gets me in the mid 9hrs when by rights I should have hit at least one 10.

nt0kaacqcul9.png

I'm not sure what that represents, but does it include the ship bonus for featured ship skill.
    I was confused too. I think he is showing the estimate of time for skill sets. Guessing, based on his crew.

So for CMD/SEC and CMD/DIP he will average 9 1/2 hours, so therefore he should make it to ten every once in a while. But his highest is 9:45

Edit: if this is not based on his crew, could explain why 9:45 is his highest.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My new best...trying to get to 11 hours in one shot. I could have called it at 10 hours 49 minutes and 10 seconds, but wanted it to go as far as possible.

dp8e9wdedntd.jpeg
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    So close...

wlf6p0q1rsmf.png
  • not to be a noob or something like that how can I use this to see how long I can make a voyage last thank you
  • Captain JC wrote: »
    not to be a noob or something like that how can I use this to see how long I can make a voyage last thank you

when you're learning how to optimize your skill selection, I suggest using a voyage calculator to help you. this will give you a good idea how to do it yourself as you see the resulting time estimates:
    https://codepen.io/somnivore/full/Nabyzw
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 hrs is amazing! This is the highest I have gotten so far. Could have probably squeezed another couple minutes out of it.
    l39k24zeklv5.png
    Let’s fly!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit this one last night :smile:
    wr4vbm4xait3.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • New personal best.

lrtbw03q24wk.png

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New personal best.

lrtbw03q24wk.png

I believe that is the best I’ve seen so far

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    New personal best.

lrtbw03q24wk.png

Paladin 27 had 11:25 a page or two earlier.
    I imagine I will supercede this as I have had two 11 hour voyages in the last week, and it seems to be a trend.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    New personal best.

lrtbw03q24wk.png

Paladin 27 had 11:25 a page or two earlier.
    I imagine I will supercede this as I have had two 11 hour voyages in the last week, and it seems to be a trend.

Ah. Don’t remember that one but this thread has been going for quite a while. I’m still gunning for 11 hours. Still stuck at 10:38 as my best

edited April 2019
    45ixkvo5zs22.png
    This was my best one I have a screenshot of. I had one I think that was slightly higher but didnt get the exact screenshot to reference it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Looking for some advice on crew compositions for Voyages. I am hitting 8h reliably, as long as there is no Faction event going on or a really unfavorable skill combo (MED/SCI is one of the more painful ones for me). I went past 9h several times, but out of convenience, I tend to recall my Voyages right after the 8h dilemma (so I don't really know what my "reliable" benchmark is). I would love to hit 10h soon, but somehow that seems totally unattainable.

What I am seeing fairly often in this thread is to disregard one or two skills almost completely. Examples just from this page would be three non-featured skills at 5700 or above, and one at 3000 / three at 4200+, one at 2800 / two at 6200+, two at 3800-. I always try to distribute the non-featured skills as equally as possible, maximizing reliability. I wouldn't want to trade a 1/10 chance at 10h Voyage for the risk of losing it at 7:55.

The question is, do I need to abandon that strategy, towards more risk? For the ones that hit 10h reliably, how strong does your crew need to be? Do you always go for more risk and less reliability, or just when you actively want to go for a best time?
    Looking for some advice on crew compositions for Voyages. I am hitting 8h reliably, as long as there is no Faction event going on or a really unfavorable skill combo (MED/SCI is one of the more painful ones for me). I went past 9h several times, but out of convenience, I tend to recall my Voyages right after the 8h dilemma (so I don't really know what my "reliable" benchmark is). I would love to hit 10h soon, but somehow that seems totally unattainable.

What I am seeing fairly often in this thread is to disregard one or two skills almost completely. Examples just from this page would be three non-featured skills at 5700 or above, and one at 3000 / three at 4200+, one at 2800 / two at 6200+, two at 3800-. I always try to distribute the non-featured skills as equally as possible, maximizing reliability. I wouldn't want to trade a 1/10 chance at 10h Voyage for the risk of losing it at 7:55.

The question is, do I need to abandon that strategy, towards more risk? For the ones that hit 10h reliably, how strong does your crew need to be? Do you always go for more risk and less reliability, or just when you actively want to go for a best time?

I have noticed the same thing and am seriously thinking about that. I regularly hit 10 hours and am trying to get 11. I see that some have huge Voyages with one of the skills in the 1,000s. I’m thinking that backfires way more often than not but it only takes that one time to be able to say I hit 11 hours, or 10 in your case

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To maximize your chance at 10 hours, the most important thing is getting the two featured skills both between 12000-12500 and maximizing the total of the other skills. In general the distribution of the tertiaries may impact the variance of times, but should not impact average time much.

If you have two skills at 12k and the others below 7k, at the 6 hour mark you need 1300 or so am to guarantee 8 (average used in 2 hours passing featured and failing others is 900-1000). if it doesn’t have that check back in before hour 8.

Same thing at 8 hours, you’ll want 750 am left to have a chance at 10 hours, 900-1000 for a even money proposition and 1300 to be very sure of it.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    To maximize your chance at 10 hours, the most important thing is getting the two featured skills both between 12000-12500 and maximizing the total of the other skills. In general the distribution of the tertiaries may impact the variance of times, but should not impact average time much.

If you have two skills at 12k and the others below 7k, at the 6 hour mark you need 1300 or so am to guarantee 8 (average used in 2 hours passing featured and failing others is 900-1000). if it doesn’t have that check back in before hour 8.

Same thing at 8 hours, you’ll want 750 am left to have a chance at 10 hours, 900-1000 for a even money proposition and 1300 to be very sure of it.

This is really helpful.

I would imagine, 12K/12K/xK would always net more than 1300 AM at 6h, unless you possibly don't hit any traits at all and start out on a 1* ship :smile:

Looks like 10h send-and-forget-Voyages are still a long way to go for me. As probably most people, my roster is strongest in CMD/DIP/SEC combinations, where I could comfortably achieve a 11K/10K/5K split. I will have to do some tinkering, if sacrificing tertiary skills and aiming for 12K primary ones will produce better results.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for some advice on crew compositions for Voyages. I am hitting 8h reliably, as long as there is no Faction event going on or a really unfavorable skill combo (MED/SCI is one of the more painful ones for me). I went past 9h several times, but out of convenience, I tend to recall my Voyages right after the 8h dilemma (so I don't really know what my "reliable" benchmark is). I would love to hit 10h soon, but somehow that seems totally unattainable.

If you have your pri/sec high enough, then you can accept some variability. 9:40 +- 30 minutes will always clear 8 hours and will hit 10 hours when you're lucky. Yes, you could get unlucky and end up at 9:10 instead, but if RNG falls your way you'll hit 10. After 8 hours I'm watching my exact AM and time anyway, so I'm ok with the risk since I'm paying attention to recall when needed.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been targeting to get all my voyages to

Primary/Secondary: Greater then 12K each
    Tertiary skills combined: Greater then 22K
    Total Voyage Skills: Greater then 46K total

This mix seems to work well, pretty much regardless of the distribution of tertiary skills. With decent antimatter, this gets to you 10 hours pretty frequently.
  • I didn't snapshot the crash and burn @ 9:46 (new PR) but I did snap the "just barely made it to the dilemma" moment of relief.
    5u1j2jfxuxe7.jpg
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have been getting 10hr voyages sporadically and thought this was going to be an 8hr or so and done...lo and behold, rng was ridiculously kind.
    1k4yrtjze5bk.jpg
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    I have been getting 10hr voyages sporadically and thought this was going to be an 8hr or so and done...lo and behold, rng was ridiculously kind.
    1k4yrtjze5bk.jpg

I’m so jealous! I’ve changed my staffing strategy to more like what you have here. All it takes is one to say you hit 11 hours right?

• PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    1k4yrtjze5bk.jpg

I’m so jealous! I’ve changed my staffing strategy to more like what you have here. All it takes is one to say you hit 11 hours right?

All it takes is one. If I had Armus immortalized I may have been able to squeeze a couple minutes more...alas, he is still 4/5.
    p8rzaxbg41ub.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

This is really helpful.

I would imagine, 12K/12K/xK would always net more than 1300 AM at 6h, unless you possibly don't hit any traits at all and start out on a 1* ship :smile:

Looks like 10h send-and-forget-Voyages are still a long way to go for me. As probably most people, my roster is strongest in CMD/DIP/SEC combinations, where I could comfortably achieve a 11K/10K/5K split. I will have to do some tinkering, if sacrificing tertiary skills and aiming for 12K primary ones will produce better results.

I am right in the same target zone as you are. I consistently get 8.5 hours, occasionally 9+ with 11K+/11K+ seeming to be my highest. (I did get a 12K/13K the other day for the first time, but the rest were 5k/3k/2k/2k/1k ish). That Voyage surprised me and didn't even make it to 8:15. And yet, some that have like 9k/8k/6k/5k/4k/4k/3k/3k - more evenly spread will still hit over 8 hours. I guess there is a lot to think about with the RNG.

I have noticed that any time you put in a 2-skill crew, even if they are super high skill and even FF, not having that 3rd skill will hurt the voyage overall.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    So i was really interested in the topic and checking of „Who holds the voyage RECORD for no refresh“, since i expected ppl would only post a screenshot of a voyage with no refresh thats shows a further time progress than the previous, but sadly thats not the case.

Hole point of this thread has gone down the hill, imho. Maybe it would have been better to create a seperate thread with the topic „Whats ur personal voyage record without refill“, thats where 95% of this topics posts would fit perfectly into.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•