Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some good fortune! Looking at back of the envelope math, Dathon got 37.2% skill checks to the gold skill (SEC) and 25.6% to the silver skill (CMD). That's well higher than the 35%/25%. That definitely made the difference. If it was 35%/25%, it probably would have represented at least 11 or 12 more failed skill checks and that would have crashed well before 10h. RNG giveth!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some good fortune! Looking at back of the envelope math, Dathon got 37.2% skill checks to the gold skill (SEC) and 25.6% to the silver skill (CMD). That's well higher than the 35%/25%. That definitely made the difference. If it was 35%/25%, it probably would have represented at least 11 or 12 more failed skill checks and that would have crashed well before 10h. RNG giveth!

At 10 hours, you're talking about 80-81 fewer checks overall. I think the odds of this thing going past 10h with different RNG were better than 50%. I think the luck really broke on those SCI checks. Passing over two-thirds of them means they came early or he got good enough rolls to pass them. And having MED get the fewest checks... that's some good luck. He didn't get so lucky with DIP, but that was countered by 100% success on SEC. Pretty impressive considering he needed a few above average rolls at the end. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Posting on behalf of 10F admiral @[10F] Dathon 12:09:20

Thanks for posting for me, I had a meeting this morning. It was a wild ride!!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's interesting is none of Hawk, Paris, West, or Kirk have particularly high SEC RNG. They have good numbers, but it doesn't seem like RNG played too much of a roll in getting good SEC rolls towards the end. Just that he got SEC instead of a weaker skill.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    That's a hell of a voyage. Congratulations man!!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    4uczgqkd2tsv.png

So close to 12 hrs. Needed three more successful hazards to have made it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Amazing @(HGH)Apollo! Congrats 👏🏻
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    Thx, been four players this week to do it so more will be hitting it soon too. Hope others reach their voyage goals as well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Britney Spheres Britney Spheres ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    11hours:19 minutes for me... And 40 seconds Lol, every little helps. (1st time posting so need to work out how to attach pics)
    Edit: 17 seconds 😏
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Apollo!!!! Nice voyage broski
  • Options
    Smashed my PB, 11h53m.
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    p2fs50amj5jt.png

Yay, got 12 hrs!

The RNG surely smiled upon you. Didnt even get to the 10 hour this time with something similar yours

qc4y1sdgwywa.png
  • Options
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    p2fs50amj5jt.png

Yay, got 12 hrs!

The RNG surely smiled upon you. Didnt even get to the 10 hour this time with something similar yours

qc4y1sdgwywa.png

I believe the biggest thing is skill check percentage of primary and secondary combined. If they are below 60% your voyage will go shorter, if above 60% is will go longer. My 12hr voyage had a primary secondary of 69%, Roykirk’s was 66%.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    p2fs50amj5jt.png

Yay, got 12 hrs!

Awesome! I wish I could get a CMD DIP Voyage. It has been over a year since I have seen one of those!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    p2fs50amj5jt.png

Yay, got 12 hrs!

qc4y1sdgwywa.png

I got about 30 minutes more with very similar crew skills.

I can tell by these screenshots that it is more about shoring up the bottom skills to last longer in the first few hours that counts the most!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    rh1y5ab2rgwa.png

New personal record; I'm getting closer to 12hrs! Hopefully once my fleet’s Starbase gets fully leveled, this will be achievable.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    rh1y5ab2rgwa.png

New personal record; I'm getting closer to 12hrs! Hopefully once my fleet’s Starbase gets fully leveled, this will be achievable.

I applaud your progress, and I thank you for your positive tone hereabouts. Rock on, Speaker for the Dead! 😉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good one!
    10:21 seems to be some sort of invisible barrier for me. I've hit it TWICE with one skill combo and ONCE with another. Is this the line Jean-Luc was making?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Didn't want to bother creating a new thread just for this. Seemed like this thread was the best fit.

nn9do4ut8l04.jpg
    @DavideBooks feels your pain, Travis.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't want to bother creating a new thread just for this. Seemed like this thread was the best fit.

nn9do4ut8l04.jpg
    @DavideBooks feels your pain, Travis.

Indeed. But I feel I've beaten that point to death, so I've been holding back. I figure it is time to be annoying in a new way. 😀

I had a ten hour voyage the other day bring back nothing but 2* crew. That is annoying, too, but it is understandable and nothing to which I give any real complaint. I've had other ten hour voyages with four or five 4* crew.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an eight hour coming back with four star crew. There should be something more after ten or twelve hours. A citation, behold, constellation, or some of the oldest 5* crew. Some of those might be popular as a way to finish outdated goods for the freezer. Not worth a behold pick except when there's no competition or a citation, but as a drop from a smaller pool, it might be an incentive. If nothing else, they are worth more as honor.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Congratulations, @[RotP] Amadeus ! 👏