Home The Bridge

Do you like the new Daily Mission challenge for Voyages?

PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
There's been a lot of posting, particularly from a few vocal people on both sides... so I am interested in what the folks in the forum at large feel from a vote standpoint.

Do you like the new Daily Mission challenge for Voyages? 249 votes

Yes, its a nice addition.
31%
uss_bonaventureizausome[RotP]Ran Airen[KM] UL1R53/SSR/ Captain S'logSabine of AthensFor Cardassia[NDQ] Joker41NAMabegheer1Captain Sisko [AA]ehmigaIvanstoneeXo | Cadet Matt[10F] Captain LeryshGrant77[PAaA] Peanut3141[TLA]  84wbCapt AjammKTzJohn Ham 78 votes
No, this has too negative an impact.
46%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Rabb[7TW] Poots[DC] PrincipiaAviTrekCaptain_WhoCaptainUnderpantsmilamber42WaldoMagDpmtXoiikugarnerData1001V.NurotMagisse[DB:Do Better] More Tranya! William T. Riker[QH] OxmyxTongo Rad 115 votes
No Opinion/Don't care either way.
22%
[7TW] UnkieBChief Eud{DD}rickPeachtree RexThe FishCaptain TFCaptain Durf[GoT] jess-gayProsserRocpileguest_7456Niner47Lalandra[TUFG] Siguard[TFA] CeleresFredouGeneral McDuck[STJ] WendellJim SteeleCaptain Q[CAB595] Emrys Myrddin 56 votes

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharqubus wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of folks suggest a "complete any 10" compromise. I like that, it means I could ignore the arena lol.

If they did that, a new set of people would complain that the 11th daily is useless because it doesn't give any bonus award. If they made it 20 honor for each, we're back to the same complaints, except over 20 honor instead of 200.

Human nature is such that any optional task is mandatory if it gives a reward, and pointless if it doesn't.
  • No, this has too negative an impact.
    Dralix wrote: »
    Human nature is such that any optional task is mandatory if it gives a reward, and pointless if it doesn't.
    I mean, you're not wrong. But isn't it also human nature that, if you give someone a reward for a task and then the next day add an additional task for the exact same reward, they're going to call you an **tsk tsk**? Might still do the task, but not as happily or quietly.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharqubus wrote: »
    But isn't it also human nature that, if you give someone a reward for a task and then the next day add an additional task for the exact same reward, they're going to call you an *chocolate cronut*?

Indeed.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its a nice addition.
    Sure, I'll take the credits and merits. I already log in 3 times per day for scans and shuttles, so it doesn't change the difficulty.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I'm surprised at the spread so far. So many of the no's came very soon, then the Yes/Don't Care surged.

It'll be interesting to see if that continues to trend.
    Definitive NO. I don't like it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very rarely hit the daily 200 honor. All my crew is fully equipped so I only do when I get new event crew. On days I can hit it it won’t affect it because I SEND VOYAGES OUT! Look at this as a good thing. If you don’t always have a Voyage out you should. Why on earth wouldn’t you?
    looks like they removed the other thread in typical DB censorship? anyway.

This is an impact for me 200 honor adds up, it gives me a chance to get trainers, which I need, or maybe, all hope prevailing, a chance to get another star on a crew member.

The fact they added another daily, with no additional bonus btw, is stupid.

I can live with the complete 10 out of how ever many they end up giving us, and get the 200. I loose out a lot still, but I've become use to that.

However, I just don't have the crew to support doing all 11 of their dailies, not when it includes sending crew out for 3 hours in one place, 2 hours in another and still having my cadet missions ran. Yes I send 2* out on voyages and out on ships.

I am a very casual player, but I still like to play.

Anyone who would have a problem with the compromise of completing any 10 out of the 11 is silly, because this addition gives nothing extra than the 10/10 did.

And, oh boy guess what, we played this game for a LONG TIME, with just having the daily bonus of whatever the daily bonus of competing that task was, we didn't have a 10/10 to complete for 200 honor.

I just wish the company would think of the impact they are having by adding stuff like this, it would have been just as easy for them to add the extra daily and give just that bonus, and not change it to 11/11 for the honor. However, surprised I am not, hence the reason I am a very casual player instead of a whale.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drek_P wrote: »
    looks like they removed the other thread in typical DB censorship? anyway.

This is an impact for me 200 honor adds up, it gives me a chance to get trainers, which I need, or maybe, all hope prevailing, a chance to get another star on a crew member.

The fact they added another daily, with no additional bonus btw, is stupid.

I can live with the complete 10 out of how ever many they end up giving us, and get the 200. I loose out a lot still, but I've become use to that.

However, I just don't have the crew to support doing all 11 of their dailies, not when it includes sending crew out for 3 hours in one place, 2 hours in another and still having my cadet missions ran. Yes I send 2* out on voyages and out on ships.

I am a very casual player, but I still like to play.

Anyone who would have a problem with the compromise of completing any 10 out of the 11 is silly, because this addition gives nothing extra than the 10/10 did.

And, oh boy guess what, we played this game for a LONG TIME, with just having the daily bonus of whatever the daily bonus of competing that task was, we didn't have a 10/10 to complete for 200 honor.

I just wish the company would think of the impact they are having by adding stuff like this, it would have been just as easy for them to add the extra daily and give just that bonus, and not change it to 11/11 for the honor. However, surprised I am not, hence the reason I am a very casual player instead of a whale.

As stated in the title of the receiving thread and described by Shan in one of the posts when she did so, she merged 3 threads together that were essentially the same topic and the merged thread is alive and well.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4091/new-voyage-daily-threads-merged
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent, but I completely understand why players would be displeased.
    Wow 25 merits??! I am so glad they added this. This adds so much excitement to the game.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I believe the MAJORITY of players probably don't jump into the game many times a day like me, I would like to see a "weekly reward table" to go with the dailies. This way there could be like 15 voyage dilemmas per week (instead of ANY daily ones), donations to Starbase weekly bonus, level and train 10 crew, something to those effects, where the average player doesn't have to worry about it if they skip a day or even half a day from the game.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    This doesn't work ... at all. It will kill long voyages. If I'm paying dil to run a voyage, I shouldn't have to pay 3 times to get the daily reward. That makes no sense whatsoever. I guess until they reverse this idiotic course of action, I'll just have to voyage closer to home and DB will be out the dil (and the cash)they could have had if they hadn't screwed things up.

I just got a 20 hour mission back; I didn't have enough dilemmas today, but I can't even think about starting a new voyage because my crew won't make it back today.
  • Yes, its a nice addition.
    Wow that's an evenly distributed poll.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
    CYDharta wrote: »
    This doesn't work ... at all. It will kill long voyages. If I'm paying dil to run a voyage, I shouldn't have to pay 3 times to get the daily reward. That makes no sense whatsoever. I guess until they reverse this idiotic course of action, I'll just have to voyage closer to home and DB will be out the dil (and the cash)they could have had if they hadn't screwed things up.

I just got a 20 hour mission back; I didn't have enough dilemmas today, but I can't even think about starting a new voyage because my crew won't make it back today.

Why would you have to pay? Any crew at all can get three dilemmas in one day. Or at least to the two hour mark three different times.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is to set the daily achievement back to ten. Then you get to chose not do one if you do not wish. If you do them all you are getting the new addition of credits for doing one dilemma and merits for three dilemmas in addition to what the voyage returns.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Why would you have to pay? Any crew at all can get three dilemmas in one day. Or at least to the two hour mark three different times.

...and what if I want to run a voyage longer than 3 dilemmas?
  • No Opinion/Don't care either way.
    I think 25 merits is a tad stingy make it 75 or 100 but. I get plenty of merits from gauntlet anyhow.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    voted no. The reward is only 25 merits, and makes it harder to earn the 200 honor. Either one or both needs to be increased to compensate for the difficulty increase. Only a few days in, and I might not make the daily reward. I had a long voyage out, and the return took most of the day. But it looks like I will get my 3rd dilemma with about 10 minutes to spare.

Lesson learned - no more long voyages for me.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    I've played this game for 2 years, have spent hundreds of dollars -against my better judgment, but $5 a month every month, $10-20 here and there...meh. I still **tsk tsk**, but that's OK. It's always been my choice to pay. I like the game. I like Trek. Sure, it's a spreadsheet trawl. I think anyone who isn't a complete idiot realizes this. But we like it.
    That said, this change is as much of a money-grab as you've made for a game I've known is nothing moring than a money-grab. I get it - free game gotta get your profit somewhere. I'd have thought all the Discovery stuff would've netted you some good newbs, but I dunno. Maybe you just thought now is the right time to squeeze your player base.
    I've played 2 years, made an account tonight. To tell you to get bent. I'm out. As a paying veteran, I find it hard enough to do the daily. And that's what gets me worried - you're done with new, free players. You're just working your suckers. You have one less. Good luck.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards are not good enough for the voyage daily.
    Let’s fly!
  • No Opinion/Don't care either way.
    I like the extra cred/merits but dislike that this is hard for noobs to complete.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES

Then run a voyage longer than three dilemmas. Even better. It’s not “start three Voyages” it’s solve three dilemmas
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Anything that makes players in my fleet less likely to complete the daily missions is bad. And from the feedback I've gotten over the dilemma change, that is exactly what is happening. It's hard enough to get players completing the daily rewards already. This is just one more reason they won't bother. And the fewer players completing the daily missions, the more ALL fleet members lose out.

There is nothing good about this. The achievement rewards are cheap and not an incentive. It's more work for the same 200 honor for completing all daily missions. Fewer players are bothering to do the daily missions. And it does not add to player enjoyment of the game.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭

Then run a voyage longer than three dilemmas. Even better. It’s not “start three Voyages” it’s solve three dilemmas

Aren't you the genius. For most casual players, a 6-hour Voyage is a ceiling. Hell, I have to push to get past 8,

And also get his/her shuttles? Or the event? I've been here a couple years, and still find it hard some days to get that 200. I don't want Voyages to be mandatory. And the only persons I've seen advocating that are the tops. It is one thing to advocate money or strategy to play a mobile game for success - it is quite another to advocate that as a matter of course. And that is where we are now. What is, apparently, to you tools, pay to play, has become to most of the base pay or do not play.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best option would be to have rewards based on individual dailies. 5 merits per scan. Arena battles scaling to 10. 10 Merits per dilemma. 6 dilemmas gives you 50 honor. 10 arena battles gives you 50 honor. That way you can pick and choose, and you don't actually have to do the ones you don't want to.

The daily rewards should be revamped too. Some of them are pretty ordinary imo.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

The problem is, when you have a lower amount of crew, having to use that crew on voyages, means you can't use them in cadet missions, can't use them on shuttles.

So now you have to keep at least 3 crew in for cadet missions, and how many for shuttles, say 6 if they are 3 crew shuttles (I have 2 shuttles)

When you only have a handful of crew that go out, as in my 2* go out, it isn't very easy. Not if you work all day, have a family you actually want to spend time with at night.

As it is, it is nothing to log in for 30 seconds to hit a scan or send 2 shuttles, so sure, it wouldn't be anything to do the voyage right? but add on that, the 2 hours to go out, the 45 minutes to come back, and the time it takes to re-put crew back on the shuttle. It just doesn't work.

yes it takes what, seconds to add crew, maybe so, but the problem is all those seconds add up to making this just one bad move on DB's part.

They just don't think, or care, about their players and its just thoughtless.