Home The Bridge

Do you like the new Daily Mission challenge for Voyages?

1235»

Comments

• No, this has too negative an impact.
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    The hyperbolic statements of 'well I wont get glued to a game 24/7', really don't help the argument against as well, as frankly, it is hyperbole.

No, it's not. Voyages daily does this to starting F2P players.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this has too negative an impact.
    However, if we take all this into account, and do further analysis then does it come into play that other daily missions are out of reach for those casual players? Such as getting three scans if the user is not on a mobile device? Shuttles for players that only have 2 shuttles and have hit the 3 hour per shuttle mission? (That would be at least 4 logins for said user...)

I'm F2P player so I have only two shuttles at my dispose. I play little over one month. I am capable of achieving each daily mission day to day. It is possible but I have internet access all day long, seven days per week. And it still leaves me very slim margin for error. That's why this new daily is so annoying. Dailies by definition should be obtainable withe much less effort for almost every player, casual or or not, f2p or not.

Yes, you are right. Shuttle daily is second annoying only to voyages daily but at the same time it is much more player friendly. In time of need you can use time boosts and still get all the rewards. That's why voyages daily makes me angry as hell.

100%. When I had fewer shuttles and limited time, time boosts saved me to hit my dailies. At 3 shuttles with boosts and an ad scan, I could complete dailies in 3 hours. Some days were still tight, but I rushed and really played for those 3 hours to hit my daily missions. Now it's 4 hours best case, and if my Voyage isn't lined up perfectly, it could be 6-7 hours. Guess what, if I only have 3 hours and won't hit my dailies, I may play less because there is no point. Good job DB convincing me to play less.
    "Based on feedback from our players, the Voyages Daily Mission will now only require resolving a single dilemma. The second tier of requirements and rewards has been removed."

GOOD
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Shan for forwarding our feedback and getting the number reduced. I really appreciate it. 1 dilemma is much more manageable.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its a nice addition.
    Eventually many of the complainers on this thread will get to the point where 3 dilemma's is easy and they'll be like, can I get my free loot back?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Eventually many of the complainers on this thread will get to the point where 3 dilemma's is easy and they'll be like, can I get my free loot back?

I regularly hit 6 or 8. My issue was not failure to hit longer dilemmas, but days where I don't have 6+ hours to play and squeeze everything into 3 hours. The minimal merits/credits were not worth losing the honor on those days.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    No Opinion/Don't care either way.
    AviTrek wrote: »

I regularly hit 6 or 8. My issue was not failure to hit longer dilemmas, but days where I don't have 6+ hours to play and squeeze everything into 3 hours. The minimal merits/credits were not worth losing the honor on those days.

(legitimately asking this, not trying to make this sound malicious)

So wouldn't you also have issues with the "Complete Scans (3)" daily, since the cool-down per scan is 3 hours?
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
    NivenFres wrote: »

So wouldn't you also have issues with the "Complete Scans (3)" daily, since the cool-down per scan is 3 hours?

You can overcome this "obstacle" easily using ad-warps.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »

Login, do a scan, ad-speedup a second scan, send out shuttles, do all other daily missions, 3 hours after login do the third scan and send out the second round of shuttles.

Total time from login to completion, 3 hours + a minute or two for clicking.

A single dilemma can be completed within those 3 hours except in the case of a long return that was started before reset. 3 dilemmas required 4 hours best case, and 6+ if you weren't waiting on the first dilemma when you login.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    You can overcome this "obstacle" easily using ad-warps.
    Login, do a scan, ad-speedup a second scan, send out shuttles, do all other daily missions, 3 hours after login do the third scan and send out the second round of shuttles.

Total time from login to completion, 3 hours + a minute or two for clicking.

A single dilemma can be completed within those 3 hours except in the case of a long return that was started before reset. 3 dilemmas required 4 hours best case, and 6+ if you weren't waiting on the first dilemma when you login.

Fair enough! :) I forgot you can adwarp the scan.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

I do regularly hit 3, I actually hit 5 yesterday (with a recall in the middle there), but 25 merits is not worth the days when I log in late, or can’t hit a 6 hour voyage with the given skills, or just want my crew freed up for a faction event.
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thank you DB for reducing the number of voyage dilemmas to one to meet the daily mission requirements. There seems to be a deep sigh of relief from my fleet. I applaud you for listening to the players.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually without AD Warps, you're having to login to the game 3 times anyways if you are not playing for hours on end to get the scans.

Really the new player argument still holds no water for me, as a brand spanking new player has to play for a while simply to unlock the features to even attempt some of the other tasks. If the idea is that you're not glued to the game being active, then how do you get to level 10 Captain in a day? The two aspects are contradictory, as you're going to be in front of the game for a while to rack up the XP to get there. Having a goal to meet should not mean someone walks away because it is not instantaneously lit and claimable.

The Voyage Delimma goal does punish and detract from those trying to take longer voyages, but hopefully in that extra day of travel they would have gotten 200 honor

The question really is, how casual is reasonably active and I think that's where the real departure is for most folks.
    The player who only comes in for the dailies and is that casual, I assume, will never really compete in an event. Even with Galaxies being able to be played at a single sitting if you like, it's more than an hour a day just from the tapping alone to make top 1000 in most cases. And those players if they are not spending will not have the chrons from voyages in any case to be really competitive. Same for gauntlet.

But does he have to participate in events? This is no argument at all. Doing dailies gives him energy credits and merits which can be used to draw portal pulls. This may be his idea of playing this game. I made one merit pull today and got super rare card. He also should be able to do voyages daily and get these 200 honor. For God's sake, this is just daily.
    The player who only comes in for the dailies and is that casual, I assume, will never really compete in an event. Even with Galaxies being able to be played at a single sitting if you like, it's more than an hour a day just from the tapping alone to make top 1000 in most cases. And those players if they are not spending will not have the chrons from voyages in any case to be really competitive. Same for gauntlet.

But does he have to participate in events? This is no argument at all. Doing dailies gives him energy credits and merits which can be used to draw portal pulls. This may be his idea of playing this game. I made one merit pull today and got super rare card. He also should be able to do voyages daily and get these 200 honor. For God's sake, this is just daily.

They then will not have the same honor crunch not having new characters added to their crew on such a regular basis.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Maybe that will happen.

Tomorrow a faction event starts. I will have my voyage recalled before it starts, so I have all my crew available. During the event I will either be running three hour voyages, sending one after I send the shuttles out and recalling it immediately after the first dilemma, or I will send out four hour voyages.

I don't have the time at work to set up four shuttles and a voyage every three hours, then stop work to again sort out dilemmas.

Even without adwarps the scans take minimal time. One when I get up, one in the evening and one at some point in between when there is no time pressure, it takes just a couple of seconds, and can be done whilst doing something you never see done on Star Trek.

• Yes, its a nice addition.
    At time of typing 46% dislike this and 54% either like or have no opinion on this. And yet DB are discontinuing due to community feedback?

Strange how democracy goes these days...
    Reminiscent of Brexit that only 35% of eligible voters voted for.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even without adwarps the scans take minimal time. One when I get up, one in the evening and one at some point in between when there is no time pressure, it takes just a couple of seconds, and can be done whilst doing something you never see done on Star Trek.

What, like scanning somewhere in deep space and finding someone’s lost pants with 1200 credits inside? :smile:
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

What, like scanning somewhere in deep space and finding someone’s lost pants with 1200 credits inside? :smile:

No, the final step in recycling Romulan Ale back into water.

tumblr_n6s2rl_WR3a1slgex0o1_500.png

http://www.criticalcommons.org/Members/ccManager/clips/a-videophone-enabled-urinal-in-spaceballs/view

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    At time of typing 46% dislike this and 54% either like or have no opinion on this. And yet DB are discontinuing due to community feedback?

The great thing about undecided voters is that both sides can claim them as their own.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminiscent of Brexit that only 35% of eligible voters voted for.

46% dislike and only 31% like. Strange how you claim democracy would be following the preferences of the 31%.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Thank you DB for reducing the number of voyage dilemmas to one to meet the daily mission requirements. There seems to be a deep sigh of relief from my fleet. I applaud you for listening to the players.

When does this kick in? It's still telling me I have to do 3.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
    Thanks for reducing the Daily voyages to 1 - it really takes the pressure off. I can do 3 dilemmas if I'm not too busy with real life, but it takes some serious time and effort. A newbie is going to have a real hard time making it With Daily being so prominent on the tactical screen, it could get quite discouraging. So, thanks for cutting down the time sink.
    I was gone on vacation with family and friends, but just wanted to say thanks for lowering it to 1 voyage instead of 3, this is much more manageable, thanks for listening.