Home The Bridge

Do you like the new Daily Mission challenge for Voyages?

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No Opinion/Don't care either way.
    I started from scratch too. You build yourself up. If your not willing to do that it is your problem. And how do you do that? BY SENDING VOYAGES FOR CHRONS!! We didn’t even have Voyages when I started from scratch. It took longer to build yourself up cuz chrons were not readily available like they are now. You’re complaining about having to do the very thing that builds you up. Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • No, this has too negative an impact.
    Drek_P wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Why would you have to pay? Any crew at all can get three dilemmas in one day. Or at least to the two hour mark three different times.

The problem is, when you have a lower amount of crew, having to use that crew on voyages, means you can't use them in cadet missions, can't use them on shuttles.

So now you have to keep at least 3 crew in for cadet missions, and how many for shuttles, say 6 if they are 3 crew shuttles (I have 2 shuttles)

When you only have a handful of crew that go out, as in my 2* go out, it isn't very easy. Not if you work all day, have a family you actually want to spend time with at night.

As it is, it is nothing to log in for 30 seconds to hit a scan or send 2 shuttles, so sure, it wouldn't be anything to do the voyage right? but add on that, the 2 hours to go out, the 45 minutes to come back, and the time it takes to re-put crew back on the shuttle. It just doesn't work.

yes it takes what, seconds to add crew, maybe so, but the problem is all those seconds add up to making this just one bad move on DB's part.

They just don't think, or care, about their players and its just thoughtless.

Also, during faction events, you never know exactly which crew will be best to man a shuttle. I know I for one hesitate to run voyages during faction events so I don’t accidentally tie up someone I might need.
  • Yes, its a nice addition.
    There are lots of advantages i don't get from this game & likely never will. So when a freebie i can attain rolls out i must admit being glad.
    ~ seeking out new life
    This really doesn't bother me, I usually run 2x4hrs voyages and maybe hit the next dilemma on a 2hrs run before going to bed, then in the morning hit the 4hrs again so probably works out between 4-6 a day

So an extra 25,000 credits for doing exactly what I was doing anyway, yeah bit more honor wold have been nice but not really going to have a meltdown. There are days when I am saving crons I don't the 200 honor anyway (no before you ask I have less than 30k of honor and don't get it as rapidly as some of you out there and need probably about 1,000,000 to FF my crew, which will probably take 10 years to get)
    Would've been fine if they'd increased the honor we got from completing the daily missions. This is just detrimental to lower-level players.
    Would've been fine if they'd increased the honor we got from completing the daily missions. This is just detrimental to lower-level players.

Why can't it be hard for lower level players? I would see it as a goal to start getting better due to training crew, getting new crew over time, otherwise we may as well give all new players 500 FF/FE crew, would be nothing left to do in the game
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No, this has too negative an impact.
    Wrong thread.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its a nice addition.
    It's a nice addition, daily rewards as whole might need improvements, and it could be a bit sticky on faction event days for some.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Wesley M ClarkeWesley M Clarke ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes, its a nice addition.
    I had 10/11 dailies done by 3pm today, just got to wait for the last scan and that will be at 6pm

Depending on my day, sometimes that would have been sooner, sometime later
  • edited March 2018
    I think the dilemma daily should be under achievements, instead of under dailies. First because new players will never get their dailies and 2nd because if you've done 3 dilemmas is it not an achievement?
    I think the dilemma daily should be under achievements, instead of under dailies. First because new players will never get their dailies and 2nd because if you've done 3 dilemmas is it not an achievement?

Well hitting dilemmas is an achievement already

If newer players never hit their dailies than this makes no difference
    Also, why should new players hit the dailies? this is why we build and train crew
    CYDharta wrote: »
    This doesn't work ... at all. It will kill long voyages. If I'm paying dil to run a voyage, I shouldn't have to pay 3 times to get the daily reward. That makes no sense whatsoever. I guess until they reverse this idiotic course of action, I'll just have to voyage closer to home and DB will be out the dil (and the cash)they could have had if they hadn't screwed things up.

I just got a 20 hour mission back; I didn't have enough dilemmas today, but I can't even think about starting a new voyage because my crew won't make it back today.

Why would you have to pay? Any crew at all can get three dilemmas in one day. Or at least to the two hour mark three different times.

...and what if I want to run a voyage longer than 3 dilemmas?

Then run a voyage longer than three dilemmas. Even better. It’s not “start three Voyages” it’s solve three dilemmas

No, you're completely misunderstanding my point. I had a long voyage going when this change was implemented. I solved two dilemmas, paying dil on each, but I'd probably have had to pay dil twice to solve the third. That was too much. But by the time I got my crew back it was too late to send out another crew to get the 3rd. I'll solve this by not sending out long voyages and spending dil on them. I'll lose out on the chrons and crew I was after and DB will lose out on me buying extra dil, but I guess that's what they want.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't work ... at all. It will kill long voyages. If I'm paying dil to run a voyage, I shouldn't have to pay 3 times to get the daily reward. That makes no sense whatsoever. I guess until they reverse this idiotic course of action, I'll just have to voyage closer to home and DB will be out the dil (and the cash)they could have had if they hadn't screwed things up.

I just got a 20 hour mission back; I didn't have enough dilemmas today, but I can't even think about starting a new voyage because my crew won't make it back today.

...and what if I want to run a voyage longer than 3 dilemmas?

Then run a voyage longer than three dilemmas. Even better. It’s not “start three Voyages” it’s solve three dilemmas

No, you're completely misunderstanding my point. I had a long voyage going when this change was implemented. I solved two dilemmas, paying dil on each, but I'd probably have had to pay dil twice to solve the third. That was too much. But by the time I got my crew back it was too late to send out another crew to get the 3rd. I'll solve this by not sending out long voyages and spending dil on them. I'll lose out on the chrons and crew I was after and DB will lose out on me buying extra dil, but I guess that's what they want.

Oh I gotcha. Your return time alone did not leave you enough time for three dilemmas. Well, that’s o my one day of not hitting the daily though. You should be able to any other day

• Drek_PDrek_P ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    uyxrx5ep4x4k.png
    I started from scratch too. You build yourself up. If your not willing to do that it is your problem. And how do you do that? BY SENDING VOYAGES FOR CHRONS!! We didn’t even have Voyages when I started from scratch. It took longer to build yourself up cuz chrons were not readily available like they are now. You’re complaining about having to do the very thing that builds you up. Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

Not complaining, stating a fact.

Fact: Honor is good, it is a reward for finishing dailies, yes, not always around, but useful.

Fact: People have lives outside this game

Fact: adding more stuff to do every single day, to play a game, and get a reward like 200 honor, makes it less enjoyable and more tedious for those people who have a life outside this game, and not as much time or crew, to do everything that needs to be done.

Fact: it isn't about using chronitons to build up crew because, I have plenty of chronitons. (see attached picture)

Fact: 11,335 chronitons is a decent amount, along with 32 messages of mostly sorrytons, including the 3k one.

My point is, for casual players, adding yet another time limited requirement, takes away the fact that now getting a daily 200 honor has went from about 50% chance to 10% chance, or less. This doesn't make the game better, and I'm not the only one it doesn't' make the game better for.

Truth is, it doesn't make the game better for anyone, because 25 merit, well lets face it, not even the newest of new would loose sleep over not having that 25 merit.

11/11 takes away 200 honor and gives 25 merit - fair trade? I think not. Not unless DB wants to start selling 200 Honor in the faction base for 25 merit, that may make it OK lol
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Also, during faction events, you never know exactly which crew will be best to man a shuttle. I know I for one hesitate to run voyages during faction events so I don’t accidentally tie up someone I might need.

Oh yeah for sure, I don't run them ever during faction events, except while I am sleeping!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    uyxrx5ep4x4k.png

Fact: Honor is good, it is a reward for finishing dailies, yes, not always around, but useful.

Fact: adding more stuff to do every single day, to play a game, and get a reward like 200 honor, makes it less enjoyable and more tedious for those people who have a life outside this game, and not as much time or crew, to do everything that needs to be done.

Fact: it isn't about using chronitons to build up crew because, I have plenty of chronitons. (see attached picture)

Fact: 11,335 chronitons is a decent amount, along with 32 messages of mostly sorrytons, including the 3k one.

My point is, for casual players, adding yet another time limited requirement, takes away the fact that now getting a daily 200 honor has went from about 50% chance to 10% chance, or less. This doesn't make the game better, and I'm not the only one it doesn't' make the game better for.

Truth is, it doesn't make the game better for anyone, because 25 merit, well lets face it, not even the newest of new would loose sleep over not having that 25 merit.

11/11 takes away 200 honor and gives 25 merit - fair trade? I think not. Not unless DB wants to start selling 200 Honor in the faction base for 25 merit, that may make it OK lol

Fact: Folks opposed still only accounting for 39% of respondents in poll....

I actually didn't think it'd shake out this way, but I think this may be somewhat representative, that most folks either dont' care or see this as positive.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a new perspective with my new job. I could get the 10 dailies with a bit if planning and logging on twice a day for a half hour or so. I used to log in every hour or so, so the dailies were easy. Now I am more limited. For the most part, the voyage daily is still attainable, but it is harder. The frustration I feel is due to the fact that the harder goals do not have a corrisponding reward.

Ultimately, though, the new daily is unfair because those who pay to extend voyages are punished.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    uyxrx5ep4x4k.png

I actually didn't think it'd shake out this way, but I think this may be somewhat representative, that most folks either dont' care or see this as positive.

On top of that, I would be interested in the fraction directly impacted vs. Impacting a fleetmate/other person for those who dislike the change.

53, 60, 38 (35%, 39%, 25%) (this is as of 3/11 @3pm

151 people - doesn't seem like a huge representation of numbers to say, either way, what it truly impacts on the player base, and I'm sure that is a fact we can all agree on.

The thing is, there may be a lot of people like me, who just gives up on even trying or caring. I came to the forums for this specific topic (i have been here before but don't make it a habit).

I've been tempted a few times to spend money on this game, unfortunately my friends did so on the VIP scam, and after that I just couldn't be bothered to spend any money with this company. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game, doesn't mean I would never spend anything. I am more than willing to, should they show they care about their players. (i.e they still haven't made their bogus vip system right, they haven't righted a wrong from inception of this game)

They have added some good things, and they get close at times, to pull it off, but then they go and add something like this, which, to me, sets them back at zero.

On stupid mishap like this, where they aren't thinking at all about the players and what impact this could have on them, sets back all the good that is done with being able to sort the vault, for instance.

I now play less, if I use to push myself to get the 200 honor because i need it, but now when I know I can't get my 3 voyages in, I just don't bother doing anything else other than a few basics.

Lets face it, I won't spend money on a game I play less, if I didn't spend it on a game I played more.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not have the voyage requirement not count towards the daily goals. Just have it be a seperate thing. Or have it be you do any 10/11 to get your 200 honor. Or increase the honor to 400 so if you miss every other day you havent lost anything.
    Let’s fly!
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote is no. For one, depending on your timing between dilemmas and recall, I'm finding it very hard to get 3 dilemmas in some days, and when I'm on the hunt for 4* cards, I'm trying to hit longer and longer Voyages. (Although my last 12 hour one netted me a grand total of 0 4* cards...)
    Alternatively, I'll stop utilizing dilithium to extend voyages and just recall when it runs out if it means I have better opportunity to hit the daily targets. This makes me not try to do the other daily tasks as hard if I'm going to have less opportunity to get the reward. I'd rather just see it be complete 1 dilemma.

Additionally, if we've gotten an additional task to complete, we should be getting a larger reward. Before, it was 10 tasks for 200 honor, now it's 11 tasks for 200 honor. I feel like an employee who got additional responsibilities with no pay increase.

I love the suggestion earlier in the thread about making the daily target goal accumulate like the Fleet Targets do - milestones along the way. Then if you're still able to get 10 of 11 finished but just can't get that third dilemma in, you don't lose out completely. It would be a good trade-off to keep people incentivized in the daily target missions.
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    uyxrx5ep4x4k.png

Only? Any company would count it as a massive failure if they rolled out something new and 41% of their customers were unhappy about it.
    I'd have no issue if Voyages didn't take so long to hit dilemmas. If you have a bunch of bad RNG you could run out of antimatter before getting #3. Sure you could quit after 2, wait an hour then start another if you are low. Missed it yesterday because I couldn't get in #3 before the reset.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so, some days this is how it works out for me, with 00:00 being my first login of the day:

00:00 Log in, start voyage
    02:00 First Dilemma
    04:00 Second Dilemma
    05:57 Recall Voyage due to low AM remaining
    08:10 Complete voyage & send out new one
    10:10 Third Dilemma

... with all of this assuming that I’m online ready to solve a dilemma right on the dot, and I’m sending new voyages out ASAP, instead of trying to crit a node between voyages like I often do.

But still, even with those assumptions, if I don’t log in until noon, I can’t complete the daily before bedtime.

And sometimes I have hectic mornings, and can’t log in until later.
    Here is a nice twist, with daylight savings, the biggest chances I have of completing this stupid daily just went sideways - 1 am reset instead of midnight.

I am not staying up until 1 am to do a dilemma sometimes, sometimes, I could stay up until just after midnight.

So pissed, this is just stupid.

Thanks for giving us 200 honor as a chance, and taking it away with stupid moves like this.
    I hate it - it adds too much of a time requirement to a "casual" game. Before, I could stagger the 7 faction missions (12 hours of real time) over the day, get in the rest of the Cadets and other missions, and still be able to hold down a job :-) But, add in the 3 Dilemmas need to get the 11 Dailies done, and you're asking for another 8-9 hours of attention to the game. And unlike Faction missions, you can't just launch a voyage and go to bed. Or even turn your back on it - the anti-matter level has to be monitored. So voyages have to be done in the waking hours when you can hit the recall button, either after enough time has passed, or the fuel runs too low. And since I seem to able able to launch only 1 voyage at a time, it takes too big a chunk out of the day.

I could *maybe* handle 1 Dilemma per day - that's only 2 hours of wall time to keep track of things. But having to get 3 - *that* pushed the game over line from casual to overly-involved.