Home The Bridge

Do you like the new Daily Mission challenge for Voyages?

Comments

• No, this has too negative an impact.
    Not that bad idea, poor implementation. New free to play players will find it very hard or even impossible to achieve for a very long time. Thumb down.

but wont it give them something to play for?

Or just make them go away. Why the risk? I don't understand reasoning standing behind this particular implementation.

Are new players really bothered by 200 honor?

I have just started a new F2P account this week, I can't make the dailies every day, especially this weekend, only have 1 3* character etc, however I still benefit from the extra credits, merits, or crons I get from doing some of them each day.

My main account started well before all of these additional extras as was for some time also F2P, so things were hard, but kept me motivated to level crew, do what I could in events, even to get a few small rewards, which helped in the long run.

My main issue is, that why should new players get all the benefits, without having to do much?

My second issue is that people who are extending voyages to 10+ hours using dil, (so real money( are moaning too, do shorter runs, or buy a packs and airlock them, you easily make up the whole 200 honor that way!

I don't get DB's reasoning and I don't get yours either. You say 200 honor is nothing or at least not that much. If it's almost nothing than why is it so hard to achieve? Where is this motivation you are talking about?
  • Yes, its a nice addition.
    Not that bad idea, poor implementation. New free to play players will find it very hard or even impossible to achieve for a very long time. Thumb down.

Or just make them go away. Why the risk? I don't understand reasoning standing behind this particular implementation.

I have just started a new F2P account this week, I can't make the dailies every day, especially this weekend, only have 1 3* character etc, however I still benefit from the extra credits, merits, or crons I get from doing some of them each day.

My main account started well before all of these additional extras as was for some time also F2P, so things were hard, but kept me motivated to level crew, do what I could in events, even to get a few small rewards, which helped in the long run.

My main issue is, that why should new players get all the benefits, without having to do much?

My second issue is that people who are extending voyages to 10+ hours using dil, (so real money( are moaning too, do shorter runs, or buy a packs and airlock them, you easily make up the whole 200 honor that way!

I don't get DB's reasoning and I don't get yours either. You say 200 honor is nothing or at least not that much. If it's almost nothing than why is it so hard to achieve? Where is this motivation you are talking about?

No what I am saying is that, as I am learning on my new account, that 200 honor, helps me very little in the beginning, maybe a few trainers, my level 40 (for a few) 1* crew don't really need honor, I need to unlock more missions to get stuff to level them, and I am enjoying gong back through this process.

The motivation is to be able to get to a level where I can get the dailies because of putting the work in but as I said previously, new players wouldn't be able to hit the dailies every day anyway due to not having crew.

on my main account I can easily do all 11 each day, but like at the moment I am building up crons for the current even so am not doing the daily anyway

But an extra 25k of credits for doing 1 dilemma is always good

Would I liked to have seen an increase in honor for the additional even, yes I would, but really not that bothered

Also, why does hard, mean that doesn't make you want to beat it?

No what I am saying is that, as I am learning on my new account, that 200 honor, helps me very little in the beginning, maybe a few trainers, my level 40 (for a few) 1* crew don't really need honor, I need to unlock more missions to get stuff to level them, and I am enjoying gong back through this process.

The motivation is to be able to get to a level where I can get the dailies because of putting the work in but as I said previously, new players wouldn't be able to hit the dailies every day anyway due to not having crew.

on my main account I can easily do all 11 each day, but like at the moment I am building up crons for the current even so am not doing the daily anyway

But an extra 25k of credits for doing 1 dilemma is always good

Would I liked to have seen an increase in honor for the additional even, yes I would, but really not that bothered

And I'm saying despite your words honor is a very valuable prize for new free to play players. In five days it can buy you hundred gold trainers. Huge, huge help. If you play smart you will need it more than you think in just two, three weeks. You can take it as granted.

Also, why does hard, mean that doesn't make you want to beat it?

It's not about being simply hard. It's about being reasonably hard.
    [/quote]

And I'm saying despite your words honor is a very valuable prize for new free to play players. In five days it can buy you hundred gold trainers. Huge, huge help. If you play smart you will need it more than you think in just two, three weeks. You can take it as granted.[/quote]

I know honor is valuable.

New players couldn't hit the dailies as they were every day, either by lack of crons to run missions, or credits to buy portal pulls, of enough missions passed to be able to level crew, thus training them is also impossible, so huge help of gold trainers doesn't actually help! Then over the weekend needing 3* crew, which new players won't have or not enough to do the cadet missions.

And I'm saying despite your words honor is a very valuable prize for new free to play players. In five days it can buy you hundred gold trainers. Huge, huge help. If you play smart you will need it more than you think in just two, three weeks. You can take it as granted.[/quote]

New players couldn't hit the dailies as they were every day, either by lack of crons to run missions, or credits to buy portal pulls, of enough missions passed to be able to level crew, thus training them is also impossible, so huge help of gold trainers doesn't actually help! Then over the weekend needing 3* crew, which new players won't have or not enough to do the cadet missions.

[/quote]

I meant 200 honor is very valuable prize, not just honor.

As a player which started new account you should know you get pretty decent pack of blue and green characters at the start. You can even get free purple 10x pack portal pull for completing some early achievement if I'm not mistaken. And no, leveling these character is not that hard as you describing it. The real probelm is fusing them, especially blue ones. That's another reason you need these 200 honor badly as a new player. These and a decent fleet.
    [/quote]

As a player which started new account you should know you get pretty decent pack of blue and green characters at the start. You can even get free purple 10x pack portal pull for completing some early achievement if I'm not mistaken. And no, leveling these character is not that hard as you describing it. The real probelm is fusing them, especially blue ones. That's another reason you need these 200 honor badly as a new player. These and a decent fleet.[/quote]

Well as an existing player, I am not going to drop honor on 2* crew, they will drop.

This is a F2P account so am waiting for a free 10x pull, I got one early on, but haven't unlocked the missions to be able to level, so trainers are building up

All of my 16 crew is currently at max level, don't have the missions yet to upgrade. Also with 1 replicator a day, not like I can clear the blockage

As a player which started new account you should know you get pretty decent pack of blue and green characters at the start. You can even get free purple 10x pack portal pull for completing some early achievement if I'm not mistaken. And no, leveling these character is not that hard as you describing it. The real probelm is fusing them, especially blue ones. That's another reason you need these 200 honor badly as a new player. These and a decent fleet.[/quote]

Well as an existing player, I am not going to drop honor on 2* crew, they will drop.

This is a F2P account so am waiting for a free 10x pull, I got one early on, but haven't unlocked the missions to be able to level, so trainers are building up

All of my 16 crew is currently at max level, don't have the missions yet to upgrade. Also with 1 replicator a day, not like I can clear the blockage

[/quote][/quote]

Yes, they eventually drop but as a new player you should not hesitate to buy uncommon citations for 2 or 3 key uncommon characters. You should also avoid leveling common characters in this initial phase. It's a waste of valuable resources. You will be far, far better with five uncommon than ten common immortalized characters.
    You also should open as many packs as you can and as early as you can in this initial phase. It can't hurt you and probably will greatly help you.
    [quote="Dark Matter

[/quote][/quote]

Yes, they eventually drop but as a new player you should not hesitate to buy uncommon citations for 2 or 3 key uncommon characters. You should also avoid leveling common characters in this initial phase. It's a waste of valuable resources. You will be far, far better with five uncommon than ten common immortalized characters.[/quote]

I am not a new player, just got the 40 events under my belt on my main account, also that is VIP13.

Currently on my F2P account I don't have any better options
    [quote="Dark Matter
    [/quote]

Yes, they eventually drop but as a new player you should not hesitate to buy uncommon citations for 2 or 3 key uncommon characters. You should also avoid leveling common characters in this initial phase. It's a waste of valuable resources. You will be far, far better with five uncommon than ten common immortalized characters.[/quote]

I am not a new player, just got the 40 events under my belt on my main account, also that is VIP13.

Currently on my F2P account I don't have any better options[/quote]

When I said new player I meant your new account. And yes, you have better options. I pointed them out for you. It worked very good for me. It will work fine for you as well.
    [quote="Dark Matter
    [/quote]

Currently on my F2P account I don't have any better options[/quote]

When I said new player I meant your new account. And yes, you have better options. I pointed them out for you. It worked very good for me. It will work fine for you as well.
    no, seriously, I don't have any better options, the hand I have been dealt is common only and mostly 1*s, the 2*s I have are at 30ish and need equipment I cannot access yet

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Opinion/Don't care either way.

And I'm saying despite your words honor is a very valuable prize for new free to play players. In five days it can buy you hundred gold trainers. Huge, huge help. If you play smart you will need it more than you think in just two, three weeks. You can take it as granted.

[/quote]

Actually other than a 1/3 Hugh I'm not sure you get much as a new player.
    At level 4, 7, 10 and 15 you get a free credit 10x pull (so guaranteed green)

Ahh I see what you're referring to-- there's a premium 10 pack if you connect a new account. So I assume you need another facebook ID to link up to for this other 10 pack....
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I can see this being some level of frustration for someone that less active, but frankly, a person that less active I would not see having that much of an honor debt as they're not spending hours online during events, etc, gaining new 5s and such.

How can you say for new players it isn't relevant? Do you know that trainers are no longer obtained from airlocking crew right? Sometimes, you have no choice but to buy them with honor. And yes, I know you can get them from voyages and stuff, but again, its called a life.
    Dralix wrote: »
    And this goes to the point I've tried to make here and in other threads. There have been some reasonable complaints about the change. But the notion of someone who doesn't have much time to play being harmed by this? I say they're more harmed by not having much time to play.

It is exactly that, the people who play a lot are NOT harmed by this, but those that play just to have a little fun and distraction are. We are not more harmed by not having much time to play, just because we choose to have a life, and not get up 15 minutes early for work or come home and go straight on a computer instead of hug the wife and kids, does not mean we are harmed by not playing this GAME.

I can't log in from work and play, facebook is banned, I don't put games on my phone, besides this game is huge and I just can't dedicate the space to it. So just how do I get in enough times to get my 200 honor now?

Why should the game be just for those who pay or have played for a bit?

I'm not even a new player and I am, so I couldn't imagine new players now. As I stated earlier, trainers aren't always easy to come by. I can't do more than a 2 hr voyage, so I don't get many there, just how am I suppose to level my crew when I have no trainers, and no honor to do so?
  • BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    I have decent crew and ... mostly... can get a 6hr voyage, unless it is event weekend (oh wait that is every weekend now) and i need my crew for shuttles, then I am at a 4hr.

There are still some bad points to me, if I think I can maybe make a 6 hour or close to it, I can no longer let it run to risk it, because I need to recall to get it back in time to send it out in time, to let it go another 2 hours.

I don't have a lot of time to play, yet I play enough. I just can't check on the voyages every 2 hours, plus take care of all my real world responsibilities. (ya know that work thing kind of screws around with life, ya know even though it pays the bills)

I love my children and my husband and can't imagine having to take more time away from them to play this game, or any game.

I had it down before - I don't like the gauntlet, so I don't waste my time, I know voyages are good, but I could play them when I had time, and not worry about it when I didn't.

Now I no longer have the luxury of doing that (voyage part - thank the good Lord above Gauntlet isn't a requirement)

It truly is a simple fix make the Daily completion steps like all the other daily missions.

1/11 (or 12 once you add that god awful gauntlet) gives you 20 honor 5/## = 80 more 10/## 100 more and then when you add more on top of that just keep adding more so 15/15 = 100 more

if someone gets 10/15 they get 200 simple - if they get 5/15 they get 100, if they get 15/15 they get 300.

When it is only the 11 its the same 1/11 5/11 10/11 -

Forcing your payers errr I mean players to do more work (and in this case for no more reward) just drives them away.

My friends aren't happy, one even stopped playing as much because he just can't complete the dailies now, so he is like why bother.

You are driving people away, if that was your plan - well done.

I too, am getting a bit overwhelmed by all the required tasks on a day to day basis, I have spent money, but I will gladly talk with my wallet and no longer support the company, since DB seems to be trying to force participation instead of being an enjoyable game.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drek_P wrote: »
    And this goes to the point I've tried to make here and in other threads. There have been some reasonable complaints about the change. But the notion of someone who doesn't have much time to play being harmed by this? I say they're more harmed by not having much time to play.

It is exactly that, the people who play a lot are NOT harmed by this, but those that play just to have a little fun and distraction are. We are not more harmed by not having much time to play, just because we choose to have a life, and not get up 15 minutes early for work or come home and go straight on a computer instead of hug the wife and kids, does not mean we are harmed by not playing this GAME.

Well done with the "I have a life" trope. I thought it was obvious that "harmed" meant in context of game progression.

Ahh I see what you're referring to-- there's a premium 10 pack if you connect a new account. So I assume you need another facebook ID to link up to for this other 10 pack....
    [/quote]

No, I was talking about free 10x Premium Time Portal for lvl 10 achievement. You can also get 2 free 1x Premium Time Portals for completing Join Or Create A Fleet and Create New Or Link Existing Account achievements. In five days you can also get one additional free blue character, one free 10x Standard Time Portal and one free 1x Premium Time Portal from Daily Rewards. You can also very easily get uncommon Promoted Sisko (Mission 1, Prologue), uncommon Security Chief Worf (Mission 13, Episode 1) and very valuable rare Maquis Takeover Torres (Mission 18, Episode 2). On top of that you can get Standard 10x Portals or even basically free 10x Premium Time Portals from Galaxy Events. You should get quite many blue characters very, very quickly. Then you can start thinking about Voyages and get even more uncommon and rare characters in short amount of time. I've been there. This has happened to me.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No, this has too negative an impact.

As a player which started new account you should know you get pretty decent pack of blue and green characters at the start. You can even get free purple 10x pack portal pull for completing some early achievement if I'm not mistaken. And no, leveling these character is not that hard as you describing it. The real probelm is fusing them, especially blue ones. That's another reason you need these 200 honor badly as a new player. These and a decent fleet.

No, an email works instead of a FB ID. Mine is not linked to a Facebook account, for example, it’s linked to my email.

Edit: I’m on mobile, no preview button, so the edits were me trying to reformat the quotes so that they would work as intended.

[/quote]

No, I was talking about free 10x Premium Time Portal for lvl 10 achievement. You can also get 2 free 1x Premium Time Portals for completing Join Or Create A Fleet and Create New Or Link Existing Account achievements. In five days you can also get one additional free blue character, one free 10x Standard Time Portal and one free 1x Premium Time Portal from Daily Rewards. You can also very easily get uncommon Promoted Sisko (Mission 1, Prologue), uncommon Security Chief Worf (Mission 13, Episode 1) and very valuable rare Maquis Takeover Torres (Mission 18, Episode 2). On top of that you can get Standard 10x Portals or even basically free 10x Premium Time Portals from Galaxy Events. You should get quite many blue characters very, very quickly. Then you can start thinking about Voyages and get even more uncommon and rare characters in short amount of time. I've been there. This has happened to me.[/quote]

So what constitutes new and should be able to make all dailies?
    Level 10?
    Level 5?
    Level 20?

(Captains Level)

No, I was talking about free 10x Premium Time Portal for lvl 10 achievement. You can also get 2 free 1x Premium Time Portals for completing Join Or Create A Fleet and Create New Or Link Existing Account achievements. In five days you can also get one additional free blue character, one free 10x Standard Time Portal and one free 1x Premium Time Portal from Daily Rewards. You can also very easily get uncommon Promoted Sisko (Mission 1, Prologue), uncommon Security Chief Worf (Mission 13, Episode 1) and very valuable rare Maquis Takeover Torres (Mission 18, Episode 2). On top of that you can get Standard 10x Portals or even basically free 10x Premium Time Portals from Galaxy Events. You should get quite many blue characters very, very quickly. Then you can start thinking about Voyages and get even more uncommon and rare characters in short amount of time. I've been there. This has happened to me.[/quote]

So what constitutes new and should be able to make all dailies?
    Level 10?
    Level 5?
    Level 20?

(Captains Level)[/quote]

When I said Daily Rewards I meant Current Month'sDaily Rewards. Lvl 10 can be achieved very quickly. In one, maybe two days, don't remember exactly. Lvl 20 is also not a challenge so you can assume any number you proposed.

That's funny I play games to get away from the work and grind of real life, and you are saying it should be a motivating to work at the game to get enjoyment/rewards out of it. I guess I have looked at gaming the wrong way my entire life.
    Well done with the "I have a life" trope. I thought it was obvious that "harmed" meant in context of game progression.

I know what you meant, doesn't change the fact that I am not harmed in a game that I choose to play for entertainment, by not having my face in that game 24/7.

I don't understand all these people who are not affected by this thinking they can just try and discredit those of us who are.

We have a legitimate issue because DB decides they need us in their game more and more often all the time, not realizing they are just pushing us away.

This is one of those games that F2P do not matter at all. In some other games they do, because they provide a player base for those who pay to play with (like MMO's) even other games, where they have a friends list, and those friends send them stuff, makes the company money, because some people spend, some don't but those who don't contribute directly to those who do.

This game, maybe in fleets they contribute some, but lets face it, F2P is a drain on the companies resources and for little if not zero gain. Maybe this is a move to push F2P players away from the game to free up computing resources. I know it is working for me.

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this has too negative an impact.

That's funny I play games to get away from the work and grind of real life, and you are saying it should be a motivating to work at the game to get enjoyment/rewards out of it. I guess I have looked at gaming the wrong way my entire life.

I know what you meant, doesn't change the fact that I am not harmed in a game that I choose to play for entertainment, by not having my face in that game 24/7.

I don't understand all these people who are not affected by this thinking they can just try and discredit those of us who are.

We have a legitimate issue because DB decides they need us in their game more and more often all the time, not realizing they are just pushing us away.

This is one of those games that F2P do not matter at all. In some other games they do, because they provide a player base for those who pay to play with (like MMO's) even other games, where they have a friends list, and those friends send them stuff, makes the company money, because some people spend, some don't but those who don't contribute directly to those who do.

This game, maybe in fleets they contribute some, but lets face it, F2P is a drain on the companies resources and for little if not zero gain. Maybe this is a move to push F2P players away from the game to free up computing resources. I know it is working for me.

If you use adwarps, at least, they do get some revenue from F2P players.

It doesn’t come directly from you, it comes from one of the advertising companies, but nevertheless, you are in the equation.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

At this point, I have to think that you're deliberately missing my point, so I'll step out.

If you use adwarps, at least, they do get some revenue from F2P players.

It doesn’t come directly from you, it comes from one of the advertising companies, but nevertheless, you are in the equation.

To bad they don't give the adwarps on facebook, as that is the only place I play the game.

And Dralix, I do understand, but I just completely disagree.
    Actually without AD Warps, you're having to login to the game 3 times anyways if you are not playing for hours on end to get the scans.

Really the new player argument still holds no water for me, as a brand spanking new player has to play for a while simply to unlock the features to even attempt some of the other tasks. If the idea is that you're not glued to the game being active, then how do you get to level 10 Captain in a day? The two aspects are contradictory, as you're going to be in front of the game for a while to rack up the XP to get there. Having a goal to meet should not mean someone walks away because it is not instantaneously lit and claimable.

The Voyage Delimma goal does punish and detract from those trying to take longer voyages, but hopefully in that extra day of travel they would have gotten 200 honor

The question really is, how casual is reasonably active and I think the only really compelling and honestly factual departure is in this discussion, and I think where there really cannot be any reasonable reconciliation.

The player who only comes in for the dailies and is that casual, I assume, will never really compete in an event. Even with Galaxies being able to be played at a single sitting if you like, it's more than an hour a day just from the tapping alone to make top 1000 in most cases. And those players if they are not spending will not have the chrons from voyages in any case to be really competitive. Same for gauntlet.

There are the chapter missions and the arena for them I guess.

The hyperbolic statements of 'well I wont get glued to a game 24/7', really don't help the argument against as well, as frankly, it is hyperbole. Very few people, actually sit on the game 24/7. Many of us who even rank top 1000 in some events have jobs, families, etc. Hell I have a toddler, so I play when she's asleep, or I am in another place like the lunch room at work, gym, etc. (She is my co-pilot on Faction events as she tends to get me up some nights in time for a shuttle resend after getting her back to sleep) Yes, some have more limiting time factors than others and for some their activity is a choice.

However, if we take all this into account, and do further analysis then does it come into play that other daily missions are out of reach for those casual players? Such as getting three scans if the user is not on a mobile device? Shuttles for players that only have 2 shuttles and have hit the 3 hour per shuttle mission? (That would be at least 4 logins for said user...)
    However, if we take all this into account, and do further analysis then does it come into play that other daily missions are out of reach for those casual players? Such as getting three scans if the user is not on a mobile device? Shuttles for players that only have 2 shuttles and have hit the 3 hour per shuttle mission? (That would be at least 4 logins for said user...)

I'm F2P player so I have only two shuttles at my dispose. I play little over one month. I am capable of achieving each daily mission day to day. It is possible but I have internet access all day long, seven days per week. And it still leaves me very slim margin for error. That's why this new daily is so annoying. Dailies by definition should be obtainable withe much less effort for almost every player, casual or or not, f2p or not.

Yes, you are right. Shuttle daily is second annoying only to voyages daily but at the same time it is much more player friendly. In time of need you can use time boosts and still get all the rewards. That's why voyages daily makes me angry as hell.
    Actually without AD Warps, you're having to login to the game 3 times anyways if you are not playing for hours on end to get the scans.

Really the new player argument still holds no water for me, as a brand spanking new player has to play for a while simply to unlock the features to even attempt some of the other tasks. If the idea is that you're not glued to the game being active, then how do you get to level 10 Captain in a day? The two aspects are contradictory, as you're going to be in front of the game for a while to rack up the XP to get there. Having a goal to meet should not mean someone walks away because it is not instantaneously lit and claimable.

I don't get it. Reaching lvl 10 was almost as eye blink to me. I'm pretty sure I reached lvl 10 in far less time I have to devote to get voyages daily. And it was one time effort.
    The player who only comes in for the dailies and is that casual, I assume, will never really compete in an event. Even with Galaxies being able to be played at a single sitting if you like, it's more than an hour a day just from the tapping alone to make top 1000 in most cases. And those players if they are not spending will not have the chrons from voyages in any case to be really competitive. Same for gauntlet.

But does he have to participate in events? This is no argument at all. Doing dailies gives him energy credits and merits which can be used to draw portal pulls. This may be his idea of playing this game. I made one merit pull today and got super rare card. He also should be able to do voyages daily and get these 200 honor. For God's sake, this is just daily.