Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Prime Directive (re-run) - 03/29 - Edited 1:44 PM

Comments

• Options
    Dralix wrote: »
    Agent Janeway is a version of her Katrine character in the episodes The Killing Game Parts 1 and 2. Why she was given the "Section 31" trait still baffles me since Section 31 was never mentioned or shown in Voyager.

Agent Janeway is inspired by The Killing Game, but introduced in an event featuring Section 31, and given the trait for the event story.

The canon version of Janeway from The Killing Game is called Katrine.

Ya but still, DB can’t just go around giving people traits to fit their storylines can they?!
    ekx8na1piu5k.jpeg
    120yv1q4m9h1.jpeg
    2iamylylbbg4.png
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Ya but still, DB can’t just go around giving people traits to fit their storylines can they?!
    Wiki is wrong. As simple as that. That version is inspired by Killing Game but not from Killing Game but from Timelines storyline.
  • Options
    Agent Janeway is a version of her Katrine character in the episodes The Killing Game Parts 1 and 2. Why she was given the "Section 31" trait still baffles me since Section 31 was never mentioned or shown in Voyager.

Agent Janeway is inspired by The Killing Game, but introduced in an event featuring Section 31, and given the trait for the event story.

Agent Janeway is Katrine, plain and simple. It was still Janeway. We have "Combat Medic Paris" and "GI Chakotay" even though the names are not the characters they played (Lieutenant Bobby Davis and Captain Miller respectively). The names DB gives does not always represent what they are in canon, but it does not take away from the crew being depicted.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they can. They gave the Augment trait to Augment Riker, the Pilot trait to Aviator Yar, the Borg trait to Assimilated La Forge, the Mirror Universe trait to Mirror K'Ehleyr.

The only difference between those and Agent Janeway is that we didn't realize Agent Janeway was non canon until Katrine was released.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    Wiki is wrong. As simple as that. That version is inspired by Killing Game but not from Killing Game but from Timelines storyline.

How do you explain this then?
    923b8l059mi2.jpeg
    4u2zovwenw4j.jpeg

AND why would she need Ancient items?
    lmplnf5avust.jpeg

And last but not least, why would her gun be crafted by 20th Century guns? Also, a war report, which makes sense because They are in the middle of a war??
    z9f9iv9s0eu1.jpeg

Captain Level 99

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Agent Janeway is Katrine, plain and simple. It was still Janeway. We have "Combat Medic Paris" and "GI Chakotay" even though the names are not the characters they played (Lieutenant Bobby Davis and Captain Miller respectively). The names DB gives does not always represent what they are in canon, but it does not take away from the crew being depicted.

Bajoran Dukat rather than Anjohl Tennan, too.
  • Options

I think ‘French Resistance Katrine’ would be a better name for ‘Agent Janeway’

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Or Maquis Katrine even...
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

And last but not least, why would her gun be crafted by 20th Century guns? Also, a war report, which makes sense because They are in the middle of a war??

Yet conspicuously absent from both her and Combat Medic Paris is the Sainte Claire holoprogram, which is present on Mademoiselle de Neuf and GI Chakotay.

I submit that Combat Medic Paris is also non canon, answering the oft asked question of why he's a combat medic and has medical skills, despite Bobby Davis showing no signs of being a medic.
  • Options

Yet conspicuously absent from both her and Combat Medic Paris is the Sainte Claire holoprogram, which is present on Mademoiselle de Neuf and GI Chakotay.

I submit that Combat Medic Paris is also non canon, answering the oft asked question of why he's a combat medic and has medical skills, despite Bobby Davis showing no signs of being a medic.

I agree about how suspicious it is that they don’t have the holoprogram. But, I reiterate:
    42joxoknujll.png
    xnhthfil16a0.png

Captain Level 99

• Options

I do agree. "Agent Janeway" could have been reserved for when she was wearing her black outfit and was back to being herself, but still playing the part of Katrine since the Holoprogram was running amok and the rest of the crew, other than Seven and those selected to remain outside of it to keep the ship running, was still under the control of the emitters.

You are attempting to grasp at straws that do not even exist. Basing an argument on someone over at DB HQ not adding in a specific equipment to crew is extraordinarily weak; how many crew have equipment that absolutely makes no sense to their characters, yet still require them anyway?

All of the crew in The Killing Game were playing characters that held important traits of which mirrored their own; Janeway was the leader of the Resistance, Seven was the munitions expert who wanted to get right down to the point and attack the Nazis head on, Torres deciphered cryptic messages and was a double agent, etc. How would Paris' Sainte Claire character not have some medical knowledge like he did, especially as a soldier along the front lines of the US force in WWII?
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The wiki is player maintained. All that means is that whoever wrote that thought they were canon from that episode. When Katrine was released, that caused some people to say that Agent is non canon.
    You are attempting to grasp at straws that do not even exist. Basing an argument on someone over at DB HQ not adding in a specific equipment to crew is extraordinarily weak

The argument based on the build was not mine to begin with.
    How would Paris' Sainte Claire character not have some medical knowledge like he did, especially as a soldier along the front lines of the US force in WWII?

You could use that argument to say that every Starfleet character could have med. Which is cool, someone did just that recently.
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    I tend to assume Agent Janeway is non-canon, because there is another Janeway in the game named Katrine and neither Janeway nor the Katrine character had anything to do with Section 31 in that episode. Unless someone is trying to imply that Section 31 led the French resistance in WWII, which would admittedly be a neat storyline.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The wiki is player maintained. All that means is that whoever wrote that thought they were canon from that episode. When Katrine was released, that caused some people to say that Agent is non canon.
    You are attempting to grasp at straws that do not even exist. Basing an argument on someone over at DB HQ not adding in a specific equipment to crew is extraordinarily weak

The argument based on the build was not mine to begin with.
    How would Paris' Sainte Claire character not have some medical knowledge like he did, especially as a soldier along the front lines of the US force in WWII?

You could use that argument to say that every Starfleet character could have med. Which is cool, someone did just that recently.

I know, but you ran with it. Equipment is not proof one way or the other as for my reason stated above, but to draw Janeway exactly as she appears as Katrine after we see her in her white tuxedo should be proof enough that Janeway as Katrine is who they created.

Not every character in all of the series were victims in a hostile takeover of their ship and put under mind control to play out other characters in Holoprograms for weeks on end by an enemy as devious as the Hirogen. Again, all characters they played held dominate traits that they themselves had as part of their personality and characteristics. Paris' character not having the basic medical knowledge he did would not line up with what the writers for the two-part episode had in mind.

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    About "why she looks like she's from Killing Game if she's Section 31"? She's from timeline that have Janeway is Section 31 - and had similar things happened. As simple explanation as that. Timelines canon is not limited to TV Fed + TV Mirror.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...why does Agent Janeway's cannon-ness actually matter so much that it has inspired ~2 pages of discussion?
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    So...why does Agent Janeway's cannon-ness actually matter so much that it has inspired ~2 pages of discussion?

Cause we're bored waiting for shuttles to come back and it's more fun than Scooby Surak.

86df4kquxl8i.jpeg
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know Agent Janeway had a...

2b7897lrpw0n.jpg

I can handle most spelling errors, but for some reason this one irks me to no end.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I didn't know Agent Janeway had a...

2b7897lrpw0n.jpg

I can handle most spelling errors, but for some reason this one irks me to no end.

I don’t think it’s that she had a cannon so much as it is that she IS a cannon. She has innate cannon-ness. :p
  • Options
    Yay! Weekend off! Galaxy events should be limited to once a month. It's such a drain on resources and time.

Not all of us feel that way. They are my favorite.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    guest_7456 wrote: »
    Other Section 31 Crew:
    Luther Sloan
    Agent Janeway
    Section 31 Reed

uh, why does janeway have section 31 trait?

Non canon Janeway for storyline reasons.

...and because someone at DB loves tossing out Janeways and Burnhams like cheap candy at parades.

They haven't done a new Janeway since the Mirror mega have they?

Is not getting a Janeway in three months considered rare then?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elusive Jazzy One is a fugitive from the law. Along with notorious baddie Mirror Tucker they have taken Anij hostage in a bid for ransom from Ba'ku and her paramour Jean-Luc Picard.

They threaten that her long life will finally meet a messy end, unless the Federation can cough up 10 gold-pressed latinum trombones and 1 million bottles of Tucker's favourite massage oil to begin his own health and wellness product empire. Gotta start somewhere.

Having nowhere else to turn... Picard enlists the aid of the most wealthy person on his subspace contact list, Grand Nagus Zek. Zek is not keen to part with his latinum, but the Ba'ku people have always been good business associates in the spice trade. Perhaps he can strike an agreement to get a better bargain on their produce next time he's in the sector.

But someone else is already on the hunt for the devious duo, complicating matters and putting Anij in further jeopardy: as Section 31 has learned of Anij's ability to slow down time, they have sent Agent Harris to apprehend them.

Who will get to them first? And will they have the kindness to drop Riker into my community 10-pull while they're at it? I must craft all the things to find out...

nydl1qad4o2j.png

i haven't laughed this hard in a long time - reading this thread like

ZJycGzw.gif?noredirect
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, no five-day event for Easter? :)

*Ducks incoming eggs*
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: The Prime Directive (re-run)
    Event Type: Galaxy Event
    Event Crew: Grand Nagus Zek 5* (Existing), Anij 4* (New), Agent Harris 4* (Existing), and Mirror Tucker 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 03/29 until Monday 04/02

Factions: Section 31, Terran Empire, Ferengi Alliance

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Tucker, and Section 31 crew.

Please note that while we have been able to provide the bonus information early recently, it will not always be the case. The announced schedule of key info on Friday and bonus crew on Tuesday remains.

Finally an event with more old than new crew! Hope I will be getting 1 more star for Zek though...
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct version of Janeway from The Killing Game is Klingon Janeway.

It is correct because of reasons.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options

Yes, that’s true I think. Also, why do people suddenly think that Agent Janeway isn’t canon? She’s, as was said above and agreed with just now, actually Resistance Janeway, though I’ve always thought it was stupid for them to give her the Section 31 trait. As far as I can tell, it was added to differently dressed Katrine for a specific Timelines storyline/event, but otherwise has no real bearing.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Section 31 Janeway would be even better, since that's what she is.