Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Prime Directive (re-run) - 03/29 - Edited 1:44 PM

Comments

• Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either you get a break or you get an event with little competition. Winn-winn. I've seen a LOT of posts asking for a small break from events now and then. Now we have one on the eve of a mega and people are unhappy? Rabble rabble grumble grumble....go collect a free 10 pull and try enjoying your Easter.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anij unfortunately isn't worf the effort, bad stats and two skills. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    With galaxy events, I usually say "Threshold and out". But with Anij being the only new character, and having harris and tucker FF/FE already, i don't even see the point of that.

Anij only has 2 skills (no good for voyages) and a few traits. Her base stats are low, but she is acceptable for gauntlet, if you don't already have guinan and that new Megan Gallagher army doctor...

I am not inspired to play this event.

This can be part of the main thread about the event, merged.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about going for top 5. Have 2 star Zek itching to click.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »
    What, no five-day event for Easter? :)

*Ducks incoming eggs*

There is no payed holiday for Easter but do expect an extended event for Memorial Day at the end of May.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    bummer ... a bit of a letdown with regards to rewards ... I'll let Friday's Mega-event announcement determine what I'll be doing this event (have both Tucker and Harris immortalised) ... if the first of the mega-event is galaxy or galaxy-hybrid no way I'm doing anything this week.

EDIT: ps - hope we get all the community rewards because as a f2p I have little access to 10x premium pulls ... cough, cough ... sorry that I probably won't be pulling my weight this weekend. :)

We haven't not gotten all the community awards for a very long time. Don't worry, you'll get your 10x. Just make sure to grab 1VP when the event starts so you don't miss out.

Yeah ... but you never know ... I still feel the disappointment of missing those a very long time ago. :)

I looked at the rewards ... will probably go to 70k VP to get both supply kits (come in handy during the mega-event) and the portal pulls in the Threshold rewards ... the last three rewards are worthless to me ... I'm assuming Tucker, Harris (and Sloan) will be good for a decent amount of super rares ... so, hopefully it won't cost me too much. :)
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paris, Anij, Garland, Pulaski...we've had quite a run of new DIP/MED event 4*s.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Don’t see the point in going for Harris, I’ve pitched a few of him out the airlock already and won’t have time to rank high. I’ll save my chrons and keep leveling my existing crew.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paris, Anij, Garland, Pulaski...we've had quite a run of new DIP/MED event 4*s.

Garly, Pully and Purris were all better than Anij though. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I'd imagine this will be a good event for newer budget players. With it being a rerun, and with Anij a) ranked instead of threshold and b) having terrible stats I would guess that a lot of established players will pass, opening up the door for newer ones to do better than they might otherwise.

Personally, I'm going to hit 85k and then quit. I used to stop at 55k (the last chroniton threshold reward) for events like this, but in the era of the replicator I often feel a credit crunch. Pushing to 85k means an extra 150k credits, plus a second supply kit, and it's not too hard to do.
  • Options
    Due to Cryo collections I've got a bunch of 1* and 2* crew in overflow already and I've still to collect the Mutated Paris rewards from the previous event, so can't see the event details, who is the lower threshold reward ?
    Commander Tucker ?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anij looks basically to be Edith Keeler with slightly better stats -- both are one-off characters who are civilians, caregivers, and romantic.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anij looks basically to be Edith Keeler with slightly better stats -- both are one-off characters who are civilians, caregivers, and romantic.

Who also had relationships with captains of the Enterprise.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    *looks at Harris being threshold* Weeeeell, what a waste of 250k on his uniform... now all I'll gain is replicator fodder.
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    Why is Mirror Tucker an event crew when he isn't even obtainable in the event?!
    He is not the treshhold reward (the one who is in the treshhold is Agent Harris), he isn't part of the community rewards (again, Agent Harris and the new crew Anij) and he isn't part of the ranked rewards either (Anij is the ranked reward). So, WHERE IS MIRROR TUCKER?????
  • Options
    He is not the treshhold reward (the one who is in the treshhold is Agent Harris), he isn't part of the community rewards (again, Agent Harris and the new crew Anij) and he isn't part of the ranked rewards either (Anij is the ranked reward). So, WHERE IS MIRROR TUCKER?????

That's standard for re-run events with 4 Event crew. 3 are obtainable in the event, and 1 is pack-only.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭

That's standard for re-run events with 4 Event crew. 3 are obtainable in the event, and 1 is pack-only.

Not really, the new crew has as far as I remembered always or at least most of the time been the treshhold reward and you could obtain 3 of them from the treshhold rewards (plus one from the community rewards). One purple crew would be exclusively in the ranked rewards and one additional crew would have the second slot in the community rewards.
  • Options
    Anij unfortunately isn't worf the effort, bad stats and two skills. :(

You'd think that after hundreds of years she'd have learned a few more skills. :smirk:
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a cutie and she desurfs more than two skillz. :D
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Not really, the new crew has as far as I remembered always or at least most of the time been the treshhold reward and you could obtain 3 of them from the treshhold rewards (plus one from the community rewards). One purple crew would be exclusively in the ranked rewards and one additional crew would have the second slot in the community rewards.

Its actually about 50/50 based on other analysis in other threads about whether new is threshold or ranked. Just has been threshold more often lately.

In any case, Mirror Tucker is not new, he was in the original run of the event, and is pack only. And that IS normal for re-run events with 4 characters.

Anij is the only new one.
  • Options

I'm not talking about new vs old crew. I'm talking about Events with 4 vs 3 event crew. For events with only 3 event crew, you can obtain them all by playing the event (in threshold and ranked rewards). For events with 4 event crew, one is always only available by purchasing event packs.

For Galaxy, the community rewards is always 1 copy of the threshold 4* crew, 1 copy of the ranked 4* crew and the 10x community pull.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭

I'm not talking about new vs old crew. I'm talking about Events with 4 vs 3 event crew. For events with only 3 event crew, you can obtain them all by playing the event (in threshold and ranked rewards). For events with 4 event crew, one is always only available by purchasing event packs.

For Galaxy, the community rewards is always 1 copy of the threshold 4* crew, 1 copy of the ranked 4* crew and the 10x community pull.

Then how come that I got only a single copy of Hippocrates Noah from the community rewards and nothing from either treshold or ranked (since he wasn't in those categories)?
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

Then how come that I got only a single copy of Hippocrates Noah from the community rewards and nothing from either treshold or ranked (since he wasn't in those categories)?
    Noah was the ranked reward. I got him FF from there.
  • Options
    Cmdr Worf's HeadCmdr Worf's Head ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

He was ranked. Maybe you didn't rank high enough?

Edit: Doggone it, beaten to it because Kahless made me doubt my memory and I had to go look it up on the wiki.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

He was ranked. Maybe you didn't rank high enough?

Edit: Doggone it, beaten to it because Kahless made me doubt my memory and I had to go look it up on the wiki.

Kahless the Unforgettable is making you forget things?
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Section 31 so I was happy to see Agent Harris as a Thershold reward until I saw his stats.

AND OMG THEY **tsk tsk**.

He is like a really good 3*star crew.

Should I even bother with him?
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boxer Chakotay - 3 star crew Sec 608 Dip 359 Command 300
    Agent Harris - 4 star crew Command 645 Dip 397 Sec 305
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Section 31 so I was happy to see Agent Harris as a Thershold reward until I saw his stats.

AND OMG THEY *marinating tofu*.

He is like a really good 3*star crew.

Should I even bother with him?

Wiki sums it up perfectly: "Agent Harris is incredibly difficult to level up, requiring large amounts of hard to obtain items including 121x Basic Translation Algorithm (65 of which are required just to craft his Legendary Agent Harris's Uniform ★★★★★ alone), 34x Basic Encoded Communique, and a number of other drops that are only slightly more common. All of this for a very middle-of-the-road Super Rare character means you should avoid Agent Harris unless you simply wish to immortalize him for completions sake."
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fairness to Agent Harris, at the time "The Prime Directive" first ran, he had pretty strong stats. He was my #1 CMD for awhile and didn't fall out of my top 3 for months. He's obsolete now, although it's also still worth noting that there are some locked nodes he can open. Something to consider if you're still building your crew.

As for me, I was hoping Anij would be the threshold reward. I want Zek, but not enough to go at a full Galaxy Event a week before a mega-event begins, and I'm not gaga enough about Anij to go for her, either.

I'll craft enough to get some of the low hanging fruit, but then I'm out. Good luck to everyone who will be participating, though!