Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Prime Directive (re-run) - 03/29 - Edited 1:44 PM

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    2 greens, 1 blue, 4 purples, 2 gold - seems a bit on the mean side to me.
    1. That's galaxy, not faction
    2. Plenty of people would have Mirror Tucker so that's Sec and Eng covered. If it's Sec and Eng heavy nothing more is needed really.
    3. If Anij is threshold and covers other two stats... well that's pretty much it even without Mirror Tucker.

But, yeah, kinda on low side. Especially Med and Sci.

I am just thinking for newer players this will be harder than usual, most galaxy events there is a good variety or a fair amount of bonus crew with perhaps the exception of infinite contentions.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am just thinking for newer players this will be harder than usual, most galaxy events there is a good variety or a fair amount of bonus crew with perhaps the exception of infinite contentions.
    I don't think it really changes things for newer players. They have very limited crews in the first place and not enough reserve for fast leveling. I remember "androids and holograms would mean everybody have plenty of crew, maybe they should cut it just to holograms or androids" with my android and hologram crew worth using limited to **tsk tsk** Hollander (IIRC I unfroze 2* Data - it was just that bad).

Unless it's something like ALL THE KLINGONS (or Starfleet... or Federation... and that's about it), wide selection is not really helpful to newbies, only to veterans.
  • Options
    Oh...bedtime stories, clap clap,clap...snuggles up with favorite teddy bear and falls off to sleep Zzzzzz
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    I don't think it really changes things for newer players. They have very limited crews in the first place and not enough reserve for fast leveling. I remember "androids and holograms would mean everybody have plenty of crew, maybe they should cut it just to holograms or androids" with my android and hologram crew worth using limited to *marinating tofu* Hollander (IIRC I unfroze 2* Data - it was just that bad).

Unless it's something like ALL THE KLINGONS (or Starfleet... or Federation... and that's about it), wide selection is not really helpful to newbies, only to veterans.

Well i wouldn't necessarily agree it helps only veterans, when I look at the options Section 31 Reed, Commander Tucker and Rescuer Tucker, none of them are particularly prime priorities for newer players.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I wasn’t around when the event first played sooo.. why does everyone call this the cursed event?

Also leveling Harris is an act of congress
    I know that, I airlocked him a while back.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    No stats yet on Anij?
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sovinox wrote: »
    No stats yet on Anij?

We usually get that information around event time, AKA noon Eastern Time. About the same time the new pack will go up.
  • Options
    No stats yet on Anij?

Remember, DB has no way to test their software builds. The only way DB can come up with the final stats is for Shan to log into the game in production, get granted a bunch of dil/inventory, and manually level up the crew. We have to be patient. It's coming soon.
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    No stats yet on Anij?

We usually get that information around event time, AKA noon Eastern Time. About the same time the new pack will go up.

Thanks. I never know when these happen.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Anij has SCI/DIP/?, based on this description:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Anij

🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

🖖🏻

I'd say MED/DIP/SCI or MED/SCI/DIP, since her "ability" is rather MED-like.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options

🖖🏻

Slowing down time is more MED- than SCI-like? I see how that could be possible, but SCI springs to my mind first in terms of slowing down time. Physics or physiology....
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

🖖🏻

Slowing down time is more MED- than SCI-like? I see how that could be possible, but SCI springs to my mind first in terms of slowing down time. Physics or physiology....

Just rewatched the film and it sure feels more MED-like. Seems like some sort of ESP thing than based in science.
  • Options

🖖🏻

Didn't she also have a pseudo-telepathic ability where she could sense/feel people's needs or pain or something?

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    ... and here’s the artwork (Yartwork?):

ehdpscg52kdm.jpeg

MED works for me, now that I have thought about it some more. 🖖🏻

EDIT: snap, @UnkieB , you beat me to the post! 🏆
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and here’s the artwork (Yartwork?):

ehdpscg52kdm.jpeg

MED works for me, now that I have thought about it some more. 🖖🏻

Don't really care either way, just glad they didn't get a 2nd grader with an 8 box of Crayola to draw Anij :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    UnkieB wrote: »
    1jsarfxzulvc.jpg

Yay Anij looks good!

Really looking forward to this event :)

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I really like Anij's artwork! If only she wasn't a 2 skill character.....

EDIT: With terrible stats lol
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that come looking here instead of the event notes thread...

Anij (New) 4*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: DIP 718 (204-436), MED 402 (177-546)
    Traits: Romantic, Civilian, Ba'ku, Caregiver

• Options
    DIP/MED:

injfidtjucmn.png
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Me: "I've got Harris FF and Tucker at 3 stars, so I'm hoping they go with Anij as Threshold, Tucker as Rank and Harris as pack-only. That would be perfection; I won't even have to worry about rank."
    DB: "lol."

Oh well...I'm not even sure it's worth it to buy a pack at this point. Maybe I'll bite at the $10 pack for Anij, although her stats are meh.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    bummer ... a bit of a letdown with regards to rewards ... I'll let Friday's Mega-event announcement determine what I'll be doing this event (have both Tucker and Harris immortalised) ... if the first of the mega-event is galaxy or galaxy-hybrid no way I'm doing anything this week.

EDIT: ps - hope we get all the community rewards because as a f2p I have little access to 10x premium pulls ... cough, cough ... sorry that I probably won't be pulling my weight this weekend. :)
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was really hoping Anij would be threshold. I don't know if I can get up enough enthusiasm to play top 2000 to FF her (already have the other three immortal).
  • Options
    Are you kidding me DB? Harris Threshold? And I thought I might give this event some effort....
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    bummer ... a bit of a letdown with regards to rewards ... I'll let Friday's Mega-event announcement determine what I'll be doing this event (have both Tucker and Harris immortalised) ... if the first of the mega-event is galaxy or galaxy-hybrid no way I'm doing anything this week.

EDIT: ps - hope we get all the community rewards because as a f2p I have little access to 10x premium pulls ... cough, cough ... sorry that I probably won't be pulling my weight this weekend. :)

We haven't not gotten all the community awards for a very long time. Don't worry, you'll get your 10x. Just make sure to grab 1VP when the event starts so you don't miss out.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me DB? Harris Threshold? And I thought I might give this event some effort....
    Agreed this is a really disappointing event. Even if you liked the ba'ku woman which is only ok in my book, her stats and traits are really poor. I see no reason to do this event which I guess is good for me because I still have lots of people to lvl up and vault to make space for the event month starting next week.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    With galaxy events, I usually say "Threshold and out". But with Anij being the only new character, and having harris and tucker FF/FE already, i don't even see the point of that.

Anij only has 2 skills (no good for voyages) and a few traits. Her base stats are low, but she is acceptable for gauntlet, if you don't already have guinan and that new Megan Gallagher army doctor...

I am not inspired to play this event.
  • Options
    Swiiiiiinnnggg ... and a miss. I will save my chrons for the Mega.