Home The Bridge

Jonathan Archer in this mega event?

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in The Bridge
What is the chance for our favourite Cap'n to show up in this mega event? He held a Surak's katra and the story says how his Katra is broken!

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I'm thinking it may just happen. Each of the last few megas has had a main cast character that has not been featured in an event before (Sato, Scotty) --- so I think they might keep that trend up. Archer and Kes are the last two after all.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Actually I'm thinking it may just happen. Each of the last few megas has had a main cast character that has not been featured in an event before (Sato, Scotty) --- so I think they might keep that trend up. Archer and Kes are the last two after all.

Kes seems very unloved in terms of crew cards, to my knowledge she only has a rare and an uncommon card
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused wasn't Augments and DS9 supposed to feature in this mega event... or was this just misdirection again
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    That's for the Summer Mega Event, this current one is the Spring one.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused wasn't Augments and DS9 supposed to feature in this mega event... or was this just misdirection again

That is supposed to be this summer’s mega. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah curse my assumptions on British Summer Time
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • It would be quite pathetic if they didn't make that link in any way. But we are talking about DB here.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    V'Las would be cool too because he is both Vulcan and Romulan (

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCbv3DkYbY
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm...a new Kes in the Aug/DS9 event? Dictator Kes could work with that.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

Non-canon Augmented Kes who is green and says "KES SMASH"
    :)
    I don't why that's funny, but it just is.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's mentioned in one of the faction missions as helping Vulcans cope with having a piece of Surak's katra. I wouldn't be surprised if that's all we get.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

As of now that is my headcanon for how Kes broke up with Neelix.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

As of now that is my headcanon for how Kes broke up with Neelix.

Kes broke up with Neelix she realised that there were other people in the universe.

Which to be fair who can blame her!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping Katra or Kir'Shara Archer shows up in this event, too. But Kes? I wouldn't mind if we never hear from her again. They removed her mid-run for a reason.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping Katra or Kir'Shara Archer shows up in this event, too. But Kes? I wouldn't mind if we never hear from her again. They removed her mid-run for a reason.

I don't see why Kes would have anything to do with this event.
    But I do want at minimum 2 more versions of her: Tieran/Warlord Kes (4-star most likely), and Fury Kes (5-star for sure). Not sure there's really any other Keses beyond that which can be done/made.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • edited April 2018
    What is the chance for our favourite Cap'n to show up in this mega event? He held a Surak's katra and the story says how his Katra is broken!

Our favorite Captain? You may want to take a poll on that.

I have nothing against Archer or Archer fans and maybe I'm not in touch with reality, but I don't believe Archer ranks above Picard. Sisko, or Kirk with Trekers.

It seems like it's been a long time since we have seen Kirk as part of any events as well.

When did EV Suit Archer and Northstar Archer come out?

LLAP

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nothing against Archer or Archer fans and maybe I'm not in touch with reality, but I don't believe Archer ranks above Picard. Sisko, or Kirk with Trekers.

It seems like it's been a long time since we have seen Kirk as part of any events as well.

LLAP

Archer release dates...
    1. Away Team Archer - January 2016: Game startup
    2. Mirror Archer - January 2016: Game startup
    3. Ushaan Archer - January 2016: Game startup
    4. North Star Archer - June 2017: Pack-only
    5. COP Founder Archer - November 2017: Pack-only
    6. EV Suit Archer - January 2018: Pack-only
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • What is the chance for our favourite Cap'n to show up in this mega event? He held a Surak's katra and the story says how his Katra is broken!

LLAP

Archer release dates...

Thanks for the 411 - I've got 1/2 of them (all the game start up Archers).
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

LLAP

Archer release dates...

Thanks for the 411 - I've got 1/2 of them (all the game start up Archers).

I think everyone's beef about the Archer deal is he's a major character, big time major like can't really get any more major than the captain of a series (most times, DSC is the exception here). Yet, Archer took over 1 year and a half just about to get any additional versions. Then on top of that, 2+ years now into the game he's still never starred in an event. Never.

Picard has had...
    4 events (7 if you count his reoccurring as a mega-event star)
    13 versions - 3 game startup, 10 game post-release.
    His newest version is Mirror Jean-Luc Picard from December 2017 which was in an event.
    His most recent event was in December 2017 as Mirror Jean-Luc Picard.

Janeway has had...
    8 events
    11 versions - 2 game startup, 9 game post-release.
    Her newest version is Mirror Janeway from December 2017 which was in an event.
    Her most recent event was in December 2017 as Mirror Janeway.

Kirk has had...
    5 events
    10 versions - 3 game startup, 7 game post-release.
    His newest version is Rura Penthe Kirk from September 2017 which was in a pack.
    His most recent event was in April 2017 as Gangster Kirk.

Sisko has had...
    4 events
    8 versions - 3 game startup, 5 game post-release.
    His newest version is Niners Sisko from November 2017 which was in a pack.
    His most recent event was in March 2018 as Dr. Hippocrates Noah.

And as previously discussed, Archer has had...
    0 events
    6 versions - 3 game startup, 3 game post-release.
    His newest version is from EV Suit Archer from January 2018 which was in a pack.
    His most recent event was never as no one.

So that's why people continuously get up in arms the longer we go on without a single Archer event. So while I'll agree that Kirk may be due for a new version or re-emerging in an event soon, Archer needs it more as a captain than any other captain in the franchise right now.

This right here.

And ENT characters tend to be a lot less represented overall, when compared to other series.

Okay, sure, some of the other series ran for longer.

But let's also not forget that TOS ran for three seasons, while ENT ran for four.

Sure, there were movies. But the vast majority of TOS representation in this game seems to come from the TV series, not the movies.

It's also worth noting that crew like Yar, who was main cast for a season, has been in events as well.

With the way this mega has been going so far, with mostly Vulcans, I can understand how the end might be more dedicated to Romulans. I'm okay with that, because I think it would please a lot of people who are looking forward to seeing certain Romulans.

But I do want an Archer event before the DS9/Augment mega. Please? <3
  • Love Enterprise. More Archer is always good thing. Certainly much better than more Kirks.
    An interesting note, it took about a year for Picard to get his first event and it was a lot of forum posts, etc that seem to have led up to it.

That's why I think we'll an Archer event at some point soon, and to close the whole main cast loop a Kes one as well. (That and the recent Scott and Sato events)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as he isn't pack only.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... or 5* in a faction event. He should be possible to get.
  • I wouldn't mind even an existing Archer. I can't seem to complete North Star Archer for the life of me.
    I wouldn't mind even an existing Archer. I can't seem to complete North Star Archer for the life of me.

That's how Sato went first (yes she made a second appearance as new, but her first event was in the Mirror...)
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind even an existing Archer. I can't seem to complete North Star Archer for the life of me.

Me too. My North Star Archer has been stuck at 3/4 for quite a while. I also have a 1/4 C.O.P. Archer and a 1/4 Mirror Archer.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont hold your breath, db hates archer.
    Let’s fly!