Home The Bridge

Jonathan Archer in this mega event?

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    When asked, the Caretaker simply tells Janeway, "There's no time!" That tells me he could have sent Voyager home under other circumstances, but was too busy trying to rectify things before he died. Janeway grasped that, too, which is why she made note that his companion (Suspiria) was out there somewhere and that she would have the same power.

Much as I find Janeway frustrating overall, I'm okay with this decision. Voyager was superior to the Kazon ships, but also outnumbered and completely unfamiliar with anything around them. It was not a defensible ground to stick around and try to figure out how to use the array. The most prudent thing to do was to blow it up so the Kazon couldn't have it. After that, get away as quickly as possible from the Kazon and begin making sense of the Delta Quadrant.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, because of Janeway's decisions Starfleet gained valuable information on the Delta Quadrant, a crippling blow to the Borg, and slipstream technology that Federation ships use in the books that take place after the Voyager series ended.
    Let’s fly!
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    He had a faction shuttle mission mention him in the first event. That's all the Archer I'm afraid we're going to get.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This is what happens to Archer. Even his forum thread gets hijacked by Janeway. (It will be Burnham next.)

Considering it feels that the segue seemed to come form a place that stated at least he didn't **tsk tsk** as bad as Janeway, it seems like that is a self inflicted gunshot wound from a Archer booster.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to Archer though, I really really really really hope Kir'shara Archer is in the last event of this mega-event. The fans have been calling for him to appear for years now. I remember advocating for him back on the old forums for a long time.

I also hope we might be able to get EV Suit Archer in a future event sometime too. I really want that version of him.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Back to Archer though, I really really really really hope Kir'shara Archer is in the last event of this mega-event. The fans have been calling for him to appear for years now. I remember advocating for him back on the old forums for a long time.

I also hope we might be able to get EV Suit Archer in a future event sometime too. I really want that version of him.

Yes to all of that!
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Back to Archer though, I really really really really hope Kir'shara Archer is in the last event of this mega-event. The fans have been calling for him to appear for years now. I remember advocating for him back on the old forums for a long time.

It's possible. DB has certainly been giving/ selling us long requested crew recently, and with good art too!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well looks like it's time to bring back this thread. No Archer for this event, I suppose I can live with, but we need some definitive answers on why Archer hasn't appeared as event crew in any events ever. This is getting ridiculous.

I know there are conspiracy theorists on this site who think DB hates Archer and actively discriminates against the character and thus that's why there are no events with him and why we have to kill him in the game's main plot.

I've always brushed off those conspiracy theories as people being silly and looking too deep into something that's not there. But, as Archer has once again failed to appear in an event he'd honestly be perfect for, I'm now starting to wonder if perhaps all those silly conspiracy theorists actually have some solid lines of thinking. And I hate, HATE thinking like a conspiracy theorist, but I have to say DB is NOT helping anyone's consideration of Archer to be anything BUT arriving at those conclusions.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Well looks like it's time to bring back this thread. No Archer for this event, I suppose I can live with, but we need some definitive answers on why Archer hasn't appeared as event crew in any events ever. This is getting ridiculous.

I know there are conspiracy theorists on this site who think DB hates Archer and actively discriminates against the character and thus that's why there are no events with him and why we have to kill him in the game's main plot.

I've always brushed off those conspiracy theories as people being silly and looking too deep into something that's not there. But, as Archer has once again failed to appear in an event he'd honestly be perfect for, I'm now starting to wonder if perhaps all those silly conspiracy theorists actually have some solid lines of thinking. And I hate, HATE thinking like a conspiracy theorist, but I have to say DB is NOT helping anyone's consideration of Archer to be anything BUT arriving at those conclusions.
    All of the above. Squared. Getting narked now. This was an obvious event to add Katra Archer. There needs to be an Archer variant winnable in an event. Not pack only versions. It’s just balance!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping Katra or Kir'Shara Archer shows up in this event, too. But Kes? I wouldn't mind if we never hear from her again. They removed her mid-run for a reason.

I don't see why Kes would have anything to do with this event.
    But I do want at minimum 2 more versions of her: Tieran/Warlord Kes (4-star most likely), and Fury Kes (5-star for sure). Not sure there's really any other Keses beyond that which can be done/made.

How about travelling backwards through time infant Kes? (sarcasm, please don't do this DB) apologies if that was said already didn't read the whole thread
  • DB, you missed a huge opportunity here. I’ve been saving my money all month long to splurge on Archer when he came out... and... Troi? Really?
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    ff963hwae0ky.gif

The absence of Archer during even events that practically demand he be included is, as noted extensively by others in this thread, well past getting old.

Seriously, if there is an approvals reason or something legit that is keeping Archer from appearing where he ought to, I don't see why DB couldn't let players know. Y'all were perfectly public about the fact that Guinan was being held back because Whoopi Goldberg wasn't giving approvals for anything in videogames for a while.
  • ff963hwae0ky.gif

The absence of Archer during even events that practically demand he be included is, as noted extensively by others in this thread, well past getting old.

Seriously, if there is an approvals reason or something legit that is keeping Archer from appearing where he ought to, I don't see why DB couldn't let players know. Y'all were perfectly public about the fact that Guinan was being held back because Whoopi Goldberg wasn't giving approvals for anything in videogames for a while.
    It won’t be an approvals issue as Archer is in game, just never in an event.
    Well looks like it's time to bring back this thread. No Archer for this event, I suppose I can live with, but we need some definitive answers on why Archer hasn't appeared as event crew in any events ever. This is getting ridiculous.

I've never regarded it as a "conspiracy theory". For me, that would be more the kinds of things like accusations about the Gauntlet being rigged with bots. The Archer stuff is a lot clearer. The narrative has required us to kill Captain Archer and to replace him as C.O.P. Founder with Jean-Luc Picard, a story decision every bit as significant as if we had to go back and have someone other than Zefram Cochrane make first contact with the Vulcans. Throughout these last two years, there have been countless threads and posts asking about and requesting Archer, but he still hasn't turned up in an event.

There's only one explanation for any of these things: Whoever makes the decisions about what goes into the game made the decision for those things to happen. It took awhile for a lot of other key characters to ever make their event debut, so it was perfectly reasonable that Archer hadn't made it in before, say, Picard (who had to wait until the first anniversary event). I think we all understood that with only three slots per event, it was just gonna take some time. After awhile, though, it was just too obvious that there weren't any names left ahead of him on the wait list. He just wasn't getting a table.

[For anyone who wasn't around at the time, or has forgotten, events weren't originally weekly. The first three were monthly affairs, then the next four were every-other-week. And only two of the first dozen featured two different 4*'s, further limiting the available slots.]

• S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous we got Romulan Kirk and Romulan Picard instead of Kir'shara Archer.
  • Just IMO the Enterprise crew as a whole just wasn't as deep any of the other Trek shows.

I really don't think it really ever resonated with many hard-core Trekkers.

I remember those years vividly and go to any of the many Trek fan-site and most everyone was excited and couldn't wait for the next new episode of Battlestar Galactica on the SyFy Channel.

fpjmw0wo3ksh.jpg

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just IMO the Enterprise crew as a whole just wasn't as deep any of the other Trek shows.

I remember those years vividly and go to any of the many Trek fan-site and most everyone was excited and couldn't wait for the next new episode of Battlestar Galactica on the SyFy Channel.

fpjmw0wo3ksh.jpg

Or Farscape (the save Farscape campaign was about mid run for Enterprise-- and that blew up cons)
    Or 'Gene Roddenberrys' Andromeda. (First developed by DS9s Robert Herbert Wolfe, who wrote Little Green Men, The Search, Trials and Tribblations, and Way of the Warrior among others)

SciFI (now SyFy)'s IRC channels were fun back then, espeically when the Farscape cast would come on and chat with folks.

At the time Enterprise fans seemed to have as much momentum as Babylon Crusade folks did.
    Just IMO the Enterprise crew as a whole just wasn't as deep any of the other Trek shows.

fpjmw0wo3ksh.jpg

I was so disinterested I didn't even tune in to watch the pilot. It was on a TV in a restaurant where I'd gone to dinner with my brother that night. I saw a Klingon running through a cornfield and decided I simply did not care about what the first contact with them was like, returned to eating, and never followed up whatsoever. I did catch some reruns from time to time years later on SyFy (it may have still been Sci-Fi at the time), but it wasn't until 2016 that I finally broke down and watched it in its entirety.

Still, that's entirely irrelevant to the question at hand of whether it makes sense for Archer to continue being snubbed in this game, especially during a mega-event that surely makes more sense to include him than, say, Romulan Kirk or Mintakan Troi.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When iEnterprise was airing, I couldn’t wait for the next episode. I thought it was a phenomenal show and I also loved the theme song. My favorite Trek series.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

fpjmw0wo3ksh.jpg

Used to love that show, but was never crazy about the ending. Anyhow, would you remind me who the second woman from the left was? The one pointing at 6? Don't remember that one.
  • edited April 2018
    Magisse wrote: »

fpjmw0wo3ksh.jpg

Used to love that show, but was never crazy about the ending. Anyhow, would you remind me who the second woman from the left was? The one pointing at 6? Don't remember that one.

It was the other Six that Admiral Cain from the Battlestar Pegasus used for torture and that six later detonated the nuke that Gaius Baltar had.

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    When iEnterprise was airing, I couldn’t wait for the next episode. I thought it was a phenomenal show and I also loved the theme song. My favorite Trek series.

On a side note, did you see the new forum member with the handle "Voyager Was Best"? ;)

(I was wondering if it was maybe an alter-ego of yours... or another identity in a split personality, haha.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Antasil wrote: »

It's possible. DB has certainly been giving/ selling us long requested crew recently, and with good art too!

Consider all hopes dashed. No Archer. We instead get Mintaken frackin’ Troi.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

On a side note, did you see the new forum member with the handle "Voyager Was Best"? ;)

(I was wondering if it was maybe an alter-ego of yours... or another identity in a split personality, haha.)

Ha! No I haven’t but I see the dichotomy. I tried watching voyager a few times. I couldn’t do it. I just didn’t like it at all

2 shrans, 2 tuckers, 1 phlox, 2 satos, three t'pols, 1 t'pol ancestor, 2 mayweathers, and 3 reeds all in events yet not even 1 archer in any event.
    Let’s fly!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone just hates Archer and that is it.

Eventually there will be an ENT event and they will find a way to ignore Jonathan Archer.
  • Heck, I think even T’Pring would’ve been more welcome than Mintakan Troi.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
    Hehe, Db be like, "Archer who?"
    Let’s fly!