Home The Bridge

Jonathan Archer in this mega event?

Comments

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as he isn't pack only.

I think this is what annoys me with DB's approach to Archer so far.
    I get this feeling they think "well it's not like we haven't released any Archers at all, in fact, we just released one in January".

Except for the fact that ALL of Archer's releases have been pack-only. Meaning the only Archer most people will likely have is the 2* Away Team Archer because he drops from Voyages. Pack-only ever releases for a main character is unacceptable, it makes their accessibility just about entirely niche.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting there are more than a few folks who have Mirror--- even F2Ps who've gotten community rewards and such. But yeah, 2* is probably the most prevalent.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, props to @Lady Gaghgagh for breaking out the stats! Nicely done. Has it really been an entire year since the last Kirk event? That's wild. Wilder still is that even sitting still all this time, he remains the TOS crew member with the most total event appearances (seven).

Secondly, totally agree about how irksome it is that there technically are Archers, but they're effectively out of reach for the majority of the player base by not being in general circulation, let alone being featured in an event.

Lastly, whenever discussing the snubbing of Archer, it's always worth observing that in addition to how many cards he may or may not have and how they've been circulated, the in-game story content has repeatedly undermined the guy. We replaced him as Founder of the Federation with Jean-Luc Picard in the "Convergence Day" event and we killed him in Episode 6 Mission 5 "Ancient Guardians". (And in a Captain Archer persona wearing just the standard ENT-era Starfleet uniform that inexplicably still hasn't been released as a playable card, at that!) Didn't we also have to do something to him in an event not long ago? Kill him again, maybe? Imprison him? I swear there was something like that.
    edited April 2018
    First, props to @Lady Gaghgagh for breaking out the stats! Nicely done. Has it really been an entire year since the last Kirk event? That's wild. Wilder still is that even sitting still all this time, he remains the TOS crew member with the most total event appearances (seven).

Secondly, totally agree about how irksome it is that there technically are Archers, but they're effectively out of reach for the majority of the player base by not being in general circulation, let alone being featured in an event.

Lastly, whenever discussing the snubbing of Archer, it's always worth observing that in addition to how many cards he may or may not have and how they've been circulated, the in-game story content has repeatedly undermined the guy. We replaced him as Founder of the Federation with Jean-Luc Picard in the "Convergence Day" event and we killed him in Episode 6 Mission 5 "Ancient Guardians". (And in a Captain Archer persona wearing just the standard ENT-era Starfleet uniform that inexplicably still hasn't been released as a playable card, at that!) Didn't we also have to do something to him in an event not long ago? Kill him again, maybe? Imprison him? I swear there was something like that.

I mean I'm not one big into conspiracy theories so I won't touch that part. But, I agree we snub him one time way too many in this game.

I also am on-board with the need we have for releasing regular old Captain Archer as like you said, we have his art. In fact, I believe all captains should have a regular version and all the main captains do, except Archer predictably.

Picard has 2* Enterprise-D Picard and 5* Enterprise-E Picard, those are essentially his regular captain versions, of which again predictably, he gets two. This game loves him way too much for my taste, but whatever.

Janeway has 4* Captain Janeway and 2* Kathryn Janeway, those are her regular captain versions and predictably she also gets two.

Kirk has 2* Captain Kirk and that's his regular captain version.

Sisko has 5* Captain Sisko and that's his regular version.

Archer has no regular captain version. Mirror is not regular, Away Team is not regular, Ushaan is not regular, North Star is not regular, EV Suit is not regular, and COP is not regular.

What will it take to get justice for Archer (read: an event with him and a regular captain version of him)?
    Whose jumja stick do I have to succ around here? :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we're clearly missing his Arch-type.
    ...I'll show myself out.

I mean I'm not one big into conspiracy theories so I won't touch that part. But, I agree we snub him one time way too many in this game.

I also am on-board with the need we have for releasing regular old Captain Archer as like you said, we have his art. In fact, I believe all captains should have a regular version and all the main captains do, except Archer predictably.

Picard has 2* Enterprise-D Picard and 5* Enterprise-E Picard, those are essentially his regular captain versions, of which again predictably, he gets two. This game loves him way too much for my taste, but whatever.

Janeway has 4* Captain Janeway and 2* Kathryn Janeway, those are her regular captain versions and predictably she also gets two.

Archer has no regular captain version. Mirror is not regular, Away Team is not regular, Ushaan is not regular, North Star is not regular, EV Suit is not regular, and COP is not regular.

What will it take to get justice for Archer (read: an event with him and a regular captain version of him)?

I would suggest that Kirk has a second regular captain version with Admiral Kirk, who represents his movie-era standard look. One could even make the case for Command Wrap Kirk as a "regular alternate version".

Still need a red shoulder uniform Sisko, though. He doesn't presently have a 3* version, and with that Bajoran trait, he'd be eligible for use on Sundays. Just putting that out there.

I would suggest that Kirk has a second regular captain version with Admiral Kirk, who represents his movie-era standard look. One could even make the case for Command Wrap Kirk as a "regular alternate version".

Still need a red shoulder uniform Sisko, though. He doesn't presently have a 3* version, and with that Bajoran trait, he'd be eligible for use on Sundays. Just putting that out there.

Yes, I suppose this is all true.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭

My preference would be for all the Captains, as well as all the main cast characters, to have a "standard look" card at 2* and again at 5*. This gives new players iconic crew to work with right away, and more experienced players a chance to get a usable and familiar version of their favorite characters for endgame. I like how Picard and Kirk are set up, "standard look" tv show versions at 2* and "standard look" movie versions at 5*. A little bit of character progression.
    For example, I wish the Spocks were arranged like this:

1*, Talos IV Spock (this is a very early or proto-version along the lines of Stargazer Picard)
    2*, Commander Spock (Iconic TOS version, a good starter for new players. )
    3*, Recovering Spock (Atypical versions of characters would be best suited for 3* and 4* versions. Recovering Spock isn't exactly Spock at his best, so I wouldn't make him a 4*.)
    4*, Ambassador Spock (This is a later version of Spock, but he only appears in a TNG two parter in this form, so I don't think he is ideal for Spock's Iconic 5*)
    5*, Captain Spock (Iconic movie version, this is how Spock appears through Star Trek II, the end of Star Trek IV, as well as in Star Trek V and VI)
    5*, Mirror Spock (This isn't actually Prime Spock, so I wouldn't want this card to count as Spock's main 5*. Mirror Spock is one of the Iconic characters in Star Trek and pop culture in general, though, so he is well deserving of a Legendary card).
    The rest of the Spocks could go anywhere.

Off the top of my head, I also wish we had a season 1 Commander Sisko as Sisko's 2* card and that Promoted Sisko was a 3*.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats all the fuss about Archer? We have other famous crew that still has less variants than Archer has.

And if it comes between Archer or Janeway, i prefer a new Janeway or Burnham. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

Picard didn't always have all the love event wise. It took some pitchforks to get him in his first event. Read up on the old forums. You'll see echoes of what you're seeing here about Archer with Picard in the title..."Yeah he has variants, but where's the event" "Why new ones pack only"...etc.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget the event based on the North Star episode that gave us North Star Tucker but no Archers when Archer was the main character in the episode and Tucker had a very small part.
    Let’s fly!
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ushaan Archer - January 2016: Game startup

Ushaan Archer (and Ushaan Shran) were an early best chance pack, not part of the original 140ish crew at launch. Just an FYI
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about that last part. 2* Promoted Sisko has the Bajoran trait but does not qualify for Tuesday cadets, sadly.

That said, I'd love it if he did count. (:
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping Katra or Kir'Shara Archer shows up in this event, too. But Kes? I wouldn't mind if we never hear from her again. They removed her mid-run for a reason.

I don't see why Kes would have anything to do with this event.
    But I do want at minimum 2 more versions of her: Tieran/Warlord Kes (4-star most likely), and Fury Kes (5-star for sure). Not sure there's really any other Keses beyond that which can be done/made.

Maybe Older Kes from "Before and After"? Or 1* Prisoner Kes from "Caretaker"? But I'd settle for one of the two above for now.
    Ushaan Archer - January 2016: Game startup

Ushaan Archer (and Ushaan Shran) were an early best chance pack, not part of the original 140ish crew at launch. Just an FYI

Ah ok, the wiki didn't have that information, so I had to ballpark what I thought he might be.
    Whats all the fuss about Archer? We have other famous crew that still has less variants than Archer has.

And if it comes between Archer or Janeway, i prefer a new Janeway or Burnham. ;)

The fuss is because Archer is more than just a famous crew, he's pretty much the lead role of his series. I won't deny there are other famous crew who have less variants than he does, such as Scotty or Sulu, but they weren't the lead role either. So it's the compounded issue of Archer not only being a famous crew member but also being the lead role. To me and many others, that takes some precedence and scrutiny for why he's been shafted for over 2 years when it comes to not appearing in events.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about that last part. 2* Promoted Sisko has the Bajoran trait but does not qualify for Tuesday cadets, sadly.

I'd have to agree — merely having an alien trait doesn't necessarily mean they qualify as an alien.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

That said, I'd love it if he did count. (:

Good catch. I'm chalking up that flub to fatigue. At least all the things I typed made real words that made complete sentences, even if they were erroneous. I'm calling that a win.
  • Love Enterprise. More Archer is always good thing. Certainly much better than more Kirks.

I don't think so.

pji1ei3s5czn.jpg

• Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why Kes would have anything to do with this event.
    But I do want at minimum 2 more versions of her: Tieran/Warlord Kes (4-star most likely), and Fury Kes (5-star for sure). Not sure there's really any other Keses beyond that which can be done/made.

Elogium Kes with the yellow eyes? Admittedly it's not a great look but it's different...

latest?cb=20100819001439&path-prefix=en
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    In a blast of optimism I have begun levelling my 1/4 Archers (cop founder and north star), only realizing later that my Vulcan horde will keep my Archers from ever seeing a shuttle up close ;-)

Edit: as for Kes: Warlord Kes would be an awesome legendary! Her role didn't allow her at all for a lot of different looks like other main cast. Only her time paradox version comes to mind, but that one already made it to 3 stars. Too bad they didn't make a 4star out of her then, it's good art.
  • JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    Dont hold your breath, db hates archer.

I'm going to push back on this. I attended DisruptorCon last week, and spoke with several of the DB designers, and there is plenty of Enterprise love on the DB team.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayBeezy wrote: »

I'm going to push back on this. I attended DisruptorCon last week, and spoke with several of the DB designers, and there is plenty of Enterprise love on the DB team.

Did they share any reasoning as to why Archer has been absent from events? Or are they just as frustrated as we are and don’t know why management has held back?
  • JayBeezy wrote: »

Did they share any reasoning as to why Archer has been absent from events? Or are they just as frustrated as we are and don’t know why management has held back?

I would like to know the answer to that as well as a matter of curiosity. There are a lot of questionable exclusions from events, but Archer boggles my mind the most.
  • JayBeezy wrote: »

I would like to know the answer to that as well as a matter of curiosity. There are a lot of questionable exclusions from events, but Archer boggles my mind the most.

EDIT: I would also REALLY like to know who has the final say on which crew is included each week. Now THAT is someone I would like a Q & A with.

EDIT: I would also REALLY like to know who has the final say on which crew is included each week. Now THAT is someone I would like a Q & A with.

Well we did wonder what happened to that shadowy figure from the Temporal War (well no I actually didn't but it sounds good)
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    There's also a possibility its a licensing issue. It explains why the OG Archer isn't available as a character, but the asset is in the game, and it explains why we get only a trickle of archers (and possibly why they look alike)
    edited April 2018
    Tcal wrote: »
    There's also a possibility its a licensing issue. It explains why the OG Archer isn't available as a character, but the asset is in the game, and it explains why we get only a trickle of archers (and possibly why they look alike)

if there was a licensing issue, you'd not get any at all or at least no new ones, not even pack only.
  • Archer and Enterprise is some of the best Star trek. I'm not going to defend the opening music / credits, but the show is fun. Voyager in comparison is embarrassing to watch at times.

First season of TNG blew dirty snot rags. Let's not get all sentimental with the show that brought us Wesley. ENT does not get the respect it deserves.

Archer needs an event. From a lore perspective, definitely one of the more important captains.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Actions speak louder than words. Still no event Archers. And I didnt say that DB hated Enterprise, I said they hated Archer.
    Let’s fly!