Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Reunification - 04/26

Comments

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Sela is one of those utterly useless cards (as well as a pain to level <cough>Defiant Worf<cough>), that make you say "Why did I bother?"
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sela is one of those utterly useless cards (as well as a pain to level <cough>Defiant Worf<cough>), that make you say "Why did I bother?"

Defiant Commander Worf at least was useful once upon a time. I can’t tell you how many times I lost to someone using him in the Gauntlet despite having someone with better stats. I feel like I could count the number of victories against DC Worf on the fingers of one hand...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Hehe exactly. Michael Westmore and his team messed up with these makeups. Mintakans are supposed to be primitive Vulcans and Romulans, let's make them look like Neanderthals. Yikes.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    So happy we got Keras!

But once again, no Archer. WTF?
  • Options
    ao2p5mycp3dn.jpg
    Couldn't resist.
    Hehe, when I use my mintakan riker avatar in game I always shout, "Elf Riker Power!!!"
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I was really hoping for chairman Koval of the Tal Shiar. That would have been another "take my money" moment for me like with Senator Vrenak when I had him FF/FE the day before the event.

Romulan Picard I am less than thrilled about and I just want to finish this and get my Surak FF.

vnxeaou45fi4.jpg
  • Options
    Would have preferred T’rul to Sela for sure. I think they should change it! Just post an edit.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have preferred T’rul to Sela for sure. I think they should change it! Just post an edit.

I mean I get why Sela is involved, I mean yes reunification, but just do it up where she's involved but she's pack-only and replace her threshold or rank rewardship with T'Rul.

It's not even a stretch to include T'Rul, I mean she's a cloaking device engineer, I'm more than certain cloaking technology could easily easily easily come into play in the reunification.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevesa would have been purrfect with Keras in the current event, yes. They're both from that timeline.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean I get why Sela is involved, I mean yes reunification, but just do it up where she's involved but she's pack-only and replace her threshold or rank rewardship with T'Rul.

It's not even a stretch to include T'Rul, I mean she's a cloaking device engineer, I'm more than certain cloaking technology could easily easily easily come into play in the reunification.

If this was some kind of democracy, I'd vote for this Sela Replacement Act. Alternately, I can also see how Commander Nevesa would make for an easier storytelling substitute for Sela and I'd be perfectly willing to vote for the Nevesa Amendment to the Sela Replacement Act, too.

I mean true, I have T'Rul immortalized, so getting a shot at Nevesa who I don't have and who would fit this event well, would be a nice change.

+1 Petition to switch out Commander Sela to Commander Nevesa
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    The Mega has been fun, but has been a wasted opportunity to bring in some beefily skilled Romulans.

I appreciate it's hard for DB to balance between power creep and keeping existing cards meaningful, but the Romulans are one faction that are light on decent cards, and this was a really good chance to rectify that.

Hopefully we'll see better Romulans in the future
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    +1 Petition to switch out Commander Sela to Commander Nevesa

And another!

Prior to the event I had every Romulan other than Romulan Data in one state or another, and I went and immortalized the lot in anticipation of the event, in expectation of at least Nevesa or T'Rul making an appearance since they were the only two decent 4* Romulans prior to this event. It could be argued they're still the only two decent 4* Romulans after it...

If they buffed Sela, it'd be understandable, but as it is she's pretty weak, and even with a 3x boost for the Faction part I'm not sure she's worth defrosting. I need to do the math with my roster of Picards!
  • Options
    hooray ... idk whether i will be able to get the picard (mintakan, "The Picard") but i will try. and hooray, no janeway or burnham. overall i've been happy with this mega, but seriously, where are all the darn Romulans?
  • Options
    RikerWasNumber1RikerWasNumber1 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    We saw this same kind of wasted opportunity with the Klingon event. Instead of having Chancellor Gorkon a long awaited card we got Klingon Janeway. Instead of Koval or some other Romulan we get Romulan Picard. It's the same situation.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    We saw this same kind of wasted opportunity with the Klingon event. Instead of having Chancellor Gorkon a long awaited card we got Klingon Janeway. Instead of Koval or some other Romulan we get Romulan Picard. It's the same situation.

There will be plenty of other opportunities. They could have added all the most desired characters already, but then what would be left to add? Spacing out the addition of popular crew is crucial to longevity.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

There will be plenty of other opportunities. They could have added all the most desired characters already, but then what would be left to add? Spacing out the addition of popular crew is crucial to longevity.

Yeah but they could have made some of the events better. I mean why end the Klingon and Romulan event with humans dressed as either? Also the reoccurring Kortar card during the Klingon event was less than exciting. Feklar would have been awesome.
  • Options
    Mintakan Troi had better have amazing stats because Romulan Troi has terrible stats. Romulan Picard will probably just be command, diplomacy, security which is boring and we have already. So Mintakan Troi needs to have amazing stats to try to save this mega event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I would have liked to see Ba'el (romulan/Klingon trait bonus), Admiral Mendak, Toreth and Donatra. Seems such a waste to have a Romulan "Mega-event" and resort to fake Romulans. It really makes little sense. I think this may go down as the most underwhelming Mega-Event ever. One good Vulcan and one good Romulan over 4 weeks.
  • Options
    Eh, Troi's growing on me, I'll take her. I'd like Picard, but oof, 7000 chrons in 2 days for 1/5*, I'm sure I'm going to have to pass.

I never really got into Trois character. But after watching videos of Marina Sirtis I came to really like her real personality. I had no idea she was so funny. Now I wished they had let some of that come out on the STTNG. Even if it was just one episode where she hits her head which temporarily alters her personality, it would have made for a great show. LOL
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree on some level, but that with this event it is the same situation but a matter of degrees more meh.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »
    I still don't get how Mintakan Riker is a "Vulcan"

The Mintakans were described as proto Vulcan, and DB basically dropped the proto and lumped them in with Vulcans. I don't really have a problem with that, but at the same time, I don't particularly care for the Mintakans either.

I know all of the above, but Romulan and Remans are far more Vulcan than Mintakans. At least the former were offshoots of the actual Vulcans.

In any case, my main point was that I would have preferred to see more Romulans in a Romulan mega-event. I also think they should have gone with Surak from TOS The Savage Curtain, but that's a discussion for another day ...
    That's Captain Tambourine Man to you.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

If this was some kind of democracy, I'd vote for this Sela Replacement Act. Alternately, I can also see how Commander Nevesa would make for an easier storytelling substitute for Sela and I'd be perfectly willing to vote for the Nevesa Amendment to the Sela Replacement Act, too.
    Perhaps the crew choices could be made by an anarcho-syndicalyst commune.
    I think we should take it in turn, to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the crew choices of that officer, have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.
    By a simple majority in the case of Super-rare crew, but by a 2/3 majority in the case of Legendary choices.

And when we get all-immortal beholds, that’s the community’s cue to shout “help, help, I’m being repressed!” or perhaps “come see the violence inherent in the system”?
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintakans are Vulcan/Romulan just like Ba'kus are Humans. THEY AREN'T.

Two different species which just look the same.

Now Vulcans are Romulans and it's possible that Remans are an offshoot of Romulans.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact Mintaken Troi has entered the game - (I have Mintaken Riker) - but I can't help feel this card would have fitted better and earlier on in the mega event. Given the Mintakens are Bronze Age Vulcans would have made sense to be at the beginning rather than the end.

With a name of an event like re-unification it would have made much more sense to take Romulan characters from Unification I and II episodes.

I will look at the story line with keen interest.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO