Home The Bridge
Options

EDIT: Final Results: 2nd Experiment results: AND shuttles are absolutely bugged

12346»

Comments

• Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    For non event shuttles, the easiest way to test is to run the following two federation missions repeatedly over several days.

Investigate Corruption DIP and CMD, test with a crew with high cmd and no dip. For instance, my Niners Sisko is CMD 1323 and that shows as 76%. If the shuttle is bugged the actual success rate would be based off of 1323/4 and be ~26%.

Rescue Citizen Captives DIP and SEC, test with a crew with High SEC and no DIP, For instance, my Ripper is SEC 1532 and that shows as 84%. If the shuttle is bugged the actual success rate would be based off of 1532/4 and be ~28%.

As this is a deliberate controlled test (and not based off data with selection bias) the two values you are testing are so far apart percentage wise a sample of 20-30 runs each will give a pretty good indication of which values are the true percentages 76%/84% or 26%/28%.

I'm not sure that picking a crew with just one of the skills is a problem. I always thought that it was only crew with both skills, but I may be mistaken.

To truly confirm the bug (in case what I stated above is correct), I suggest picking crew with a high 2nd stat and a low 1st stat (like Captain Spock for the Dip AND Cmd or Higher Roller Sisko for the Dip AND Sec).

Part of me wants to say that it was fixed, because DB loves to put out missions during faction events that have the reverse skill order of event crew (for example, lots of Dip AND Sec slots for a High Roller Sisko event), which really messes up players who don't adjust for the possible bug. On the other hand, it would not surprise me if they aren't considering the bug when they make their missions, if the bug is still not fixed.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d agree with the consensus that the bug was fixed and remains so. In the last six to eight months, I stopped consistently picking skill-order crew and haven’t noticed any difference in event or non-event shuttles.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    For non event shuttles, the easiest way to test is to run the following two federation missions repeatedly over several days.

Investigate Corruption DIP and CMD, test with a crew with high cmd and no dip. For instance, my Niners Sisko is CMD 1323 and that shows as 76%. If the shuttle is bugged the actual success rate would be based off of 1323/4 and be ~26%.

Rescue Citizen Captives DIP and SEC, test with a crew with High SEC and no DIP, For instance, my Ripper is SEC 1532 and that shows as 84%. If the shuttle is bugged the actual success rate would be based off of 1532/4 and be ~28%.

As this is a deliberate controlled test (and not based off data with selection bias) the two values you are testing are so far apart percentage wise a sample of 20-30 runs each will give a pretty good indication of which values are the true percentages 76%/84% or 26%/28%.

I'm not sure that picking a crew with just one of the skills is a problem. I always thought that it was only crew with both skills, but I may be mistaken.

To truly confirm the bug (in case what I stated above is correct), I suggest picking crew with a high 2nd stat and a low 1st stat (like Captain Spock for the Dip AND Cmd or Higher Roller Sisko for the Dip AND Sec).

Part of me wants to say that it was fixed, because DB loves to put out missions during faction events that have the reverse skill order of event crew (for example, lots of Dip AND Sec slots for a High Roller Sisko event), which really messes up players who don't adjust for the possible bug. On the other hand, it would not surprise me if they aren't considering the bug when they make their missions, if the bug is still not fixed.

The original problem back in 2018 that caused this thread, was that the formula displayed on screen was high skill plus 1/4 low skill (the low skill can be zero here) while the formula the server used was likely 1st skill plus 1/4 second skill. If you go back to the very first message in this thread this is explained and the exact same testing strategy I outlined was used.

Using someone with a skill of zero more cleanly isolates the issue since the two alternative percentages are around 25% and 75%. If you used someone with a value in both skills and change the order there will still be a difference in percentages, but it will be much lower, maybe 80% displayed versus a potential 60% server side if the bug is in effect. That difference is much harder to get a statistically relevant sample size.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 5 runs each the Niners Worf 76%/26% shuttle is at 3/5 and the Ripper 84%/28% shuttle is at 4/5. I'll keep it up a few days and get 20 runs each, but this seems to match the results people had right after the fix happened in mid 2018.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »

All crew have hidden stats for all skills. It's some percentage of the lowest of the featured skill. So picking a crew without the skill mentioned just means the skill is lower and you get a wider disparity so are more likely to notice the results.

Put it this way, If the published success rate is 80% and the broken success rate would be 20%, then it won't take that many runs for actual success at 70% or 30% to prove that the success rate is more likely 80 or 20. But if the published rate is 80% and the broken rate would be 60% then a 70% rate won't tell you anything and you'll need a lot more data to prove if it's more likely 80 vs 60.
  • Options
    After 5 runs each the Niners Worf 76%/26% shuttle is at 3/5 and the Ripper 84%/28% shuttle is at 4/5. I'll keep it up a few days and get 20 runs each, but this seems to match the results people had right after the fix happened in mid 2018.

Thank you Paladin for putting in the effort. I hope one day these threads transition to more of a request for official confirmation, rather than also doubting that the fix was ever applied.