Home The Bridge
Options

New Skirmish Event Type

Comments

• Options
    I will reserve judgment until I see it in action.

I've been burned by a few events in the past to get too excited yet.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what you're saying for sure, but to me, variety is nice... Galaxy and Faction over and over and over is just stale
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the sound of it.

Space battles are under-utilised and I have many a pretty ship I feel bad about not using.

Since this is going to premier during the Mega, I'm glad I have a decent number of DS9 ships levelled :)

(btw we need the USS Botany Bay, just gonna toss that out there)
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the nautural progression in making ship battles better and may be everything one would want in a ship event type, but I will wait until it is implemented to judge.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    It's kind of jarring to hear the guy doing the video mispronounce Hirogen tho....

But "Hero-gen" makes them sound so much epicer
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    I like the looks of it for sure and I am happy that we may get some use out of the other ships we have and to add variety to the stale events that we currently have. I'm sure there will be growing pains with it but I am looking forward to it.
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This gives me a welcome challenge to up my ship battle game.

..but the getting more rewards for dilithium point however, blah :disappointed:
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks worryingly like expeditions. Buying tickets for dil to constantly do the same thing over and over again.
  • Options
    Like everything in this game it will probably start out promising but quickly stagnate or be nerfed.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    This looks worryingly like expeditions. Buying tickets for dil to constantly do the same thing over and over again.

In galaxies people buy the chroniton offers to do the same thing over and over again too... it's really not unique to expeditions
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ewww, they just turned a ship battle event into another darn galaxy event. If people can get points for doing pve ship battles in game then we all will have to hoard chronitons for yet another event. That part should be removed.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    nb7a5tzkibbj.gif

We’ll have to see how it pans out. I do like the uses for ships and some variety
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. Reserving judgement for a final verdict, but at first glance....
  • Options
    The guy in the video seemed to mumble a lot. Couldn't hear everything he said. I'd like to read more about it. Where's the full blog post? The link didn't work for me.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see this done the first time with non-exclusive rewards. The initial Gauntlet fun (its up no its not, and rolling rollout) made the whole Locutus thing a painful batch of hurt feelings and angst. (i.e. not fun)

Let the bugs be worked out that way.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the video, makes the entire event much more exciting seeing the action first.

As for thoughts, I can't see me spending dilithium on additional rewards (does it really count as a reward if I have to pay for it)
    I'm a relatively new player (3 months) and only have 2 ships maxed out (the highest being 2 stars 😄) so I don't expect to rank high at all. I'm in an incredible fleet and will be depending on the more advanced and established players guiding me and I look forward to seeing their progress with better ships/crew
    I do appreciate that this is strategy based and that makes it more exciting for me.

All in all I'm really looking forward to this new addition. I'm expecting there may be minor problems or issues as its rolled out however I appreciate the effort DB have put into this and I promise I'll be patient 😊
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    The bad audio with that video made it next-to worthless (except that we could hear how the narrator hasn't watched enough Trek to know how to pronounce Hirogen). We could use a re-post with enhanced audio or a transcript.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your saying that you have to spend chrons completing ship missions and then run more ship missions. Sounds like galaxy events but with longer animations :(
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭
    I think everyone will be searching their crew to see who repairs hull...

Beyond that, I'll reserve judgment to see the first round. Might be OK, might not. I think the biggest question will be regarding the requirement to run space missions to build intel points, and how the cost goes up steadily. At the costs shown, if you're gaining 10 intel for 1 chron spent, that will quickly become the limiting factor.
  • Options
    CatpainCatpain ✭✭
    The bad audio with that video made it next-to worthless (except that we could hear how the narrator hasn't watched enough Trek to know how to pronounce Hirogen). We could use a re-post with enhanced audio or a transcript.

I guess I was too busy puzzling over the word "diversive" to notice the pronunciation of Hirogen.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    "more rewards can be gained by rolling again with Dilithium"

yeah.... no....

Yeah its like I know they gotta monetize things, but still--- they're trying to monetize the schematics, then the rewards, etc etc. Next thing you know we'll need hangar slots for more ships!

It sounds like a good idea on the surface, but things like that make me go back to MSF and play Blitz for Chimichangas.

• Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I abhor ship battles. I agree with the aforementioned statement that it looks like galaxy with extended animations. I would hope that it doesn't require too much time. That said, I'm glad that they're trying something new, just not optimistic about my personal enjoyment of them.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Hero ... gen! *giggles* Anyway, a new event type is cool, but I kinda am afraid of this new currency. Don't we have nuff currencies already? Another hard to get currency like Merits? Will there be new achievement thresholds that contain some "Intel" currency every day?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the video, makes the entire event much more exciting seeing the action first.

All in all I'm really looking forward to this new addition. I'm expecting there may be minor problems or issues as its rolled out however I appreciate the effort DB have put into this and I promise I'll be patient 😊

Well said. I agree.
  • Options
    Ego DraconisEgo Draconis ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Anyway, a new event type is cool, but I kinda am afraid of this new currency. Don't we have nuff currencies already?

On this, I agree. Currency is good and all, but this event could be optimised for use of Merits. We already have Credits, Merits, Honor and Dilithuim, so, besides the last one, Merits is the second best thing for... Whatever is to be bought in the shop.

Event wise, (im)patiently waiting, so I can trial it fairly!
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    My Hero ... gen! *giggles* Anyway, a new event type is cool, but I kinda am afraid of this new currency. Don't we have nuff currencies already? Another hard to get currency like Merits? Will there be new achievement thresholds that contain some "Intel" currency every day?

The way I read it is that like expedition tickets intel is only available during a skirmish event and doesn't roll over so you can't save it for the next event at all so they won't tie it to a daily achievement . You can get it from normal ship battles during the event at 10X intel / chrons spent for the battle but I wonder if you will get it for arena battles during the event? That would be "free" and they might give some in the event email right before they start the event like they do with the transmissions in faction events?