Home Engineering Room
Options

Independence crew pack is bugged

When I click the 650 dilithium button, it rewards 1000 dil and 500 vip points. Does the same after restarting client.

Comments

• Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Mine said 1000 Dil and 500 merits, but merits didn't go up. Dil did.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Mine said 1000 Dil and 500 merits, but merits didn't go up. Dil did.

The merit icon is actually for VIP.

https://imgur.com/T8KGshu

https://imgur.com/T4jq8qs

edit: 3rd s/s https://i.imgur.com/vKQ76Yb.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into it now!
  • Options
    Just to confirm that the same thing happened to me. Assumed it was an ultra rare drop I wasn’t aware of and tried again, only for the same reward of dil and merit. Stopped at that point, not wanting DB thinking I’m milking the bug! 😉
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I got several of them. I thought I had clicked on the wrong pack and that maybe they added a "Lottery" type pack that dropped 2 different items and thought I was on a lucky streak. Then I closed out of it and realized it was the new portal pack and came here to see that it was bugged.

I thought for once that DBRNG was actually on my side for once but my hopes were dashed.

I'm guessing that DB givith and BD taketh away will apply
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Oorwullie wrote: »
    Just to confirm that the same thing happened to me. Assumed it was an ultra rare drop I wasn’t aware of and tried again, only for the same reward of dil and merit. Stopped at that point, not wanting DB thinking I’m milking the bug! 😉

Yeah, had to fight the urge to keep pushing the button :).

"If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I kept pushing until I realized there was nooooooooo way I could be THAT lucky and exited to see that it really was the portal pack
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Funny how a big like this that benefits players gets squashed in minutes. But bugs that have been afflicting players negatively for years continue to get ignored.

Like when purple and gold crew first got added to faction stores, and there were instances where gold crew were 1500 dilithium instead of 15000? One has NEVER seen DB fix a bug SO fast.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    I want my free dilithium. I'm not joking.
    Anyone who bought this could have potentially 100,000+ free dilithium.
    This will hugely skew events and player power.
  • Options

Same here
  • Options

I'm sure there were plenty of people who gave in to that urge and mashed until the pack was pulled. How long was that? 10-15 mins? There could be players who hit the portal 100 times!

I'm green with envy, but I don't begrudge them their dilithium. Free premium currency is fantastic, and perhaps to prevent creating more dillionaires in future, DB will put some effort into QA
  • Options
    perhaps to prevent creating more dillionaires in future, DB will put some effort into QA
    You must be new around here
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Wtf?? Give free dil to all or none
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭

Agree. Give free dil to everyone or correct this error. The game is skewed enough without this.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hoo boy. I don't know how the genie goes back in this bottle. There's no great solution, and no matter what somebody is going to walk away from this very unhappy.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there were plenty of people who gave in to that urge and mashed until the pack was pulled. How long was that? 10-15 mins? There could be players who hit the portal 100 times!

I'm green with envy, but I don't begrudge them their dilithium. Free premium currency is fantastic, and perhaps to prevent creating more dillionaires in future, DB will put some effort into QA

This is going to be an ugly solution. I don’t envy DB’s choice here. Either way, they are likely to alienate a chunk of the playerbase. But they definitely couldn’t keep that pack up in that state without declaring bankruptcy in a very short timeframe.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoo boy. I don't know how the genie goes back in this bottle. There's no great solution, and no matter what somebody is going to walk away from this very unhappy.

Exactly... either way, this is very very bad
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    We are looking into it now!

And then what?
    Bad enough the intended rng makes those getting unlucky streaks feel lousy but now we gotta put up with buggy packs making those not blessed become cursed by the power imbalance all that free dil is going to cause.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    regarding this reported issue:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/6196/independence-crew-pack-is-bugged

some players had access to a pack that cost 650 dil, but awarded 1000 dil for every purchase.
    they got free dilithium.

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Exactly... either way, this is very very bad

The only logical conclusion that I can draw is that it was sabotage by one if not more departing employees.
  • Options
    This is some bull. Talk about creating a situation where some people have an absurd competitive advantage.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, I'm not spending a penny of the dilithium that I got because I have no idea what the solution is going to be. It's kind of funny, but I was actually almost more excited about the merits until I read on here that it wasn't really merits LOL

My question is, what if someone got a bunch of dilithium from it and then spent it all on speeding up shuttles, extra cadet tickets, portal pulls, faction store purchases, guantlet refreshes, etc. and had no dilthium left? They can't take back dilithium that isn't there so this is going to be hugely messy.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already been acknowledged as being worked on by @Shan .... why is gasoline on the fire needed?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been how many bugged packs in the past year+ (not this badly bugged, but)??? And it still appears they’re throwing stuff out there without checking it.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The TOS cover reversing the dil caused by a glitch/bug. It can't be unexpected by those erroneously given dilithium.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not spending a penny of the dilithium that I got because I have no idea what the solution is going to be. It's kind of funny, but I was actually almost more excited about the merits until I read on here that it wasn't really merits LOL

My question is, what if someone got a bunch of dilithium from it and then spent it all on speeding up shuttles, extra cadet tickets, portal pulls, faction store purchases, guantlet refreshes, etc. and had no dilthium left. They can't take back dilithium that isn't there so this is going to be hugely messy.

This is my situation. I made several pulls including after restarting clients and to take screenshots. But It was clearly a bug so I didn't spend a drop of Dil.

For the people that spent DIL on packs, it would be nearly impossible for DB to track that down and sort it out. I "risk" having all that ill-gotten DIL removed from my account by not spending it, but it's the right thing to do.

Just hope they don't ban the guy who reported the bug for abusing it.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    regarding this reported issue:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/6196/independence-crew-pack-is-bugged

some players had access to a pack that cost 650 dil, but awarded 1000 dil for every purchase.
    they got free dilithium.

Merged your thread as there is no need for a new one.
  • Options
    The solution from DB better be FANTASTIC. This error is too huge to put out a 250 sorry chrons and move on from like nothing happened. I am pissed off. DB has A LOT of my money and now that money spent doesn't mean a damn thing.
This discussion has been closed.