Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: On the Backs of Giants - 07/18

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    ltq2rct0uwci.jpeg

Well, now...this changes things a bit. RIP my thumbs.

#2 Base & Combined Med (behind Culber), #3 for CMD/MED on Voyages, #2 for CMD/MED shuttles and just outside the Top 50 for overall Voyages (with some very useful traits).

Ya, she's worth pushing for.
  • Options
    Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    she's the third legendary with cmd/med as primary and secondary, and only one of five with cmd/sci/med in any order. That alone should be reason enough to go for her despite holding #50 voyage total.

If that wasn't enough, she's the new #2 Med base, #1 cmd/med and #5 sci/med shuttler, and being a disco character she'll be getting plenty of event work for the foreseeable future.

Because nobody is perfect, she is a gauntlet and arena non-starter, but considering she'll be in near-constant use elsewhere, who cares?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ltq2rct0uwci.jpeg

Go get her Dirk! I think it’s fine to throw the top 1500 out the window, just this once. I’ll be looking for you atop the leaderboard!

• Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ltq2rct0uwci.jpeg

I’ve got a full tank of 19k chronitons, a fridge full of beer, it’s not night but I am wearing sunglasses.

Let’s do this thing. My MED crew is also lacking so it makes sense for me to take a run at her.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    ltq2rct0uwci.jpeg

I’ve got a full tank of 19k chronitons, a fridge full of beer, it’s not night but I am wearing sunglasses.

Let’s do this thing. My MED crew is also lacking so it makes sense for me to take a run at her.

I’m happy with my collection of doctors but MED/COM is pretty poor...Rev Phlox isn’t helpful at 1/5*, no Cap’n Bev, and all that’s left is AoS Crusher, The Keeper, an immortal Warship EMA, and a 4/5* Warship EMA. Having someone else to add to the citation list alongside Phlox will be real nice.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man people are going to go nuts for this
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man people are going to go nuts for this

Probably. Count me among them, I guess.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stats on Pollard. So, if you were adding citations to a strong MED crew, would you pick Pollard or Dr. Katharine Pulaski?

FYI, my current immortalized MED legendaries are Warship EMA, Prisoner Cornwell, Bell Riots Bashir, and Leonardo da Vinci (not a top Med on his own, but he's my top SCI-MED combo and my top ENG-MED combo right now).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stats on Pollard. So, if you were adding citations to a strong MED crew, would you pick Pollard or Dr. Katharine Pulaski?

FYI, my current immortalized MED legendaries are Warship EMA, Prisoner Cornwell, Bell Riots Bashir, and Leonardo da Vinci (not a top Med on his own, but he's my top SCI-MED combo and my top ENG-MED combo right now).

Pollard. 'Better' skill set, better event potential, a not insigificantly larger amount of voyage MED which I find some crew make voyages for that alone.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did notice that Pollard is the first Disco character in the game to be categorized by her name, rather than as "Discovery" in the vault. I wonder if that's a sign we might be done with events leveraging the Discovery trait now that there are so many in the game.
  • Options

Pollard. 'Better' skill set, better event potential, a not insigificantly larger amount of voyage MED which I find some crew make voyages for that alone.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with this; MED/SCI is a little hard to come by but MED/COM is harder yet. Pulaski is a few slots behind Rev Phlox on my current citation list, as Leonardo, The Keeper, and my 4/5* Mobile Doctor are better than my collected MED/COM crew. Your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Pollard. 'Better' skill set, better event potential, a not insignificantly larger amount of voyage MED which I find some crew make voyages for that alone.

Good points on skill set and voyages, although I'm also short in the Med-Sci category as well as Med-Cmd, but like @robownage . . .
    robownage wrote: »
    I did notice that Pollard is the first Disco character in the game to be categorized by her name, rather than as "Discovery" in the vault. I wonder if that's a sign we might be done with events leveraging the Discovery trait now that there are so many in the game.

. . . I've been wondering if we might be done with events with all Discovery crew getting a bonus as well.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    ltq2rct0uwci.jpeg

I’m happy with my collection of doctors but MED/COM is pretty poor...Rev Phlox isn’t helpful at 1/5*, no Cap’n Bev, and all that’s left is AoS Crusher, The Keeper, an immortal Warship EMA, and a 4/5* Warship EMA. Having someone else to add to the citation list alongside Phlox will be real nice.

Mine is substantially weaker. Bell Riots Bashir, Prisoner Cornwall and DA McCoy are immo and I have Culber at 2/5. After that it dips into SRs with Mirror Phlox, Combat Medic Paris and Assimilated Troi. I have AoS Crusher and The Keeper but they aren’t much help at 1/5.

Maybe all the Disco haters will skip it and it won’t be the bloodbath I’m thinking it will.
  • Options

You think Pollard has better event potential than Pulaski? I suppose if they’re still giving all Discovery crew a bonus in Disco themed events that could be true. If they’re done with that, then I can’t imagine Pollard will ever have a bonus again, unless it’s a repeat of this event in the future or it’s a trait bonus.
  • Options
    ltq2rct0uwci.jpeg

Mine is substantially weaker. Bell Riots Bashir, Prisoner Cornwall and DA McCoy are immo and I have Culber at 2/5. After that it dips into SRs with Mirror Phlox, Combat Medic Paris and Assimilated Troi. I have AoS Crusher and The Keeper but they aren’t much help at 1/5.

Maybe all the Disco haters will skip it and it won’t be the bloodbath I’m thinking it will.

Right now, a MED/COM voyage for me would look something like this:

Borg Queen andMirror Picard
    Prisoner Cornwell and Darth Bashir
    (whomever balances my stats better, probably Kortar and Thrax or maybe Gangster Kirk)
    White Rabbit, Leonardo/Banjoman
    4/5* Mobile Doc, The Keeper
    Warship EMA, 4/5* Warship EMA/AoS Crusher
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Both Pulaski and Pollard are great but as there will be event packs next week for Pollard if you have some dilithium maybe you can get lucky and get a couple of Pollards in event packs then you will save some honor. Maybe do both that way. Though as we will know what the mega event will be soon it may be better to wait a week for more info before you decide.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

You think Pollard has better event potential than Pulaski? I suppose if they’re still giving all Discovery crew a bonus in Disco themed events that could be true. If they’re done with that, then I can’t imagine Pollard will ever have a bonus again, unless it’s a repeat of this event in the future or it’s a trait bonus.

I think it's very hard to have worse event potential than Pulaski - two events, one of which was Skirmish. One (more) mega would give Pollard twice as many bonuses as Pulaski has ever had. The bonus pool of Disco characters is not significantly bigger than some other megas they've done so I'm not sure that's a good indicator.

The biggest tip offs to me would be if 1. a season of Disco passes without a mega (duh) or 2. variant events for Disco crew increase significantly. I would expect the only Trek show on TV to get a bit more attention than the average and this is the breakdown by show for the last 20 events since the previous Disco mega:

DS9 - 17
    VOY - 16
    TNG -10
    DSC - 9
    TOS 8
    ENT 6

Is betting on megas total guesswork? Sure. Betting on any event bonuses is a gamble. Janeway had 7 in 2017 and 0 in 2018. Quark had 6 last year and 0 this year. Bashir has a healthy 7 overall, but a 20 month drought in the middle.

All I know is one of them is on a currently running TV show with a trait that has had more event bonuses than everyone not named Kirk, Dax, or Data. I think Pollard is clearly better overall, but not significantly better and more importantly, both are good crew who compliment each other on voyages.
  • Options
    Both Pulaski and Pollard are great but as there will be event packs next week for Pollard if you have some dilithium maybe you can get lucky and get a couple of Pollards in event packs then you will save some honor. Maybe do both that way. Though as we will know what the mega event will be soon it may be better to wait a week for more info before you decide.

Thanks -- This seems like the best advice. Try a couple event packs, see if things break toward Pollard and, if so, cite her up.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's very hard to have worse event potential than Pulaski - two events, one of which was Skirmish. One (more) mega would give Pollard twice as many bonuses as Pulaski has ever had. The bonus pool of Disco characters is not significantly bigger than some other megas they've done so I'm not sure that's a good indicator.

The biggest tip offs to me would be if 1. a season of Disco passes without a mega (duh) or 2. variant events for Disco crew increase significantly. I would expect the only Trek show on TV to get a bit more attention than the average and this is the breakdown by show for the last 20 events since the previous Disco mega:

DS9 - 17
    VOY - 16
    TNG -10
    DSC - 9
    TOS 8
    ENT 6

Is betting on megas total guesswork? Sure. Betting on any event bonuses is a gamble. Janeway had 7 in 2017 and 0 in 2018. Quark had 6 last year and 0 this year. Bashir has a healthy 7 overall, but a 20 month drought in the middle.

All I know is one of them is on a currently running TV show with a trait that has had more event bonuses than everyone not named Kirk, Dax, or Data. I think Pollard is clearly better overall, but not significantly better and more importantly, both are good crew who compliment each other on voyages.

With Picard coming out by the end of the year, DIS will no longer be the only show running. I still expect a DIS mega, but I'm not sure if we should expect 1 Picard + 1 DIS mega, or multiple of each.

I think it's possible that all DIS crew will no longer be event crew. Especially crew like Lorca, L'Rell, Spock, and Pike. They will no longer be on the show. I could see a mega only featuring crew from season 3. But with Pollard still being on Discovery, she certainly could still be mega event crew.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m having a tricky time with med com I couldn’t even put my rev phlox in because he is too low on fusion, that being said I don’t have the ema so it makes sense to try for pollard.
    8xpt7yy4txc8.png
    nyg9kzr66eu5.png
    e2c94a3t1f4b.png
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m having a tricky time with med com I couldn’t even put my rev phlox in because he is too low on fusion, that being said I don’t have the ema so it makes sense to try for pollard.
    8xpt7yy4txc8.png
    nyg9kzr66eu5.png
    e2c94a3t1f4b.png

I would highly recommend going after her

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

DS9 - 17
    VOY - 16
    TNG -10
    DSC - 9
    TOS 8
    ENT 6

The only thing to keep in mind that season 1 of Picard will air before the next season of Discovery, so it will no longer be the only show on TV. Your point still stands though. I think I would give the edge to Pollard as well, but both are strong enough cards on their own with or without events and neither would be a bad investment.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

DS9 - 17
    VOY - 16
    TNG -10
    DSC - 9
    TOS 8
    ENT 6

The only thing to keep in mind that season 1 of Picard will air before the next season of Discovery, so it will no longer be the only show on TV. Your point still stands though. I think I would give the edge to Pollard as well, but both are strong enough cards on their own with or without events and neither would be a bad investment.

Yea, we were just looking at the timings for the Disco stuff today. Disco megas one and three just about lined up with seasons one and two of the show. If there were to be another, I would not expect it before 2020 with season 3.

There's just nothing that be can be said for certain in many of these situations. Cling to your favorite Kirks and Daxes and you won't have to play the guessing game.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be busy all weekend, so I'm probably.just going to buy a ton of packs and pray.
  • Options
    My MED/COM Crew:

2jwx1zfm3djm.png
    qhx6eqtqehwc.png
    igdjd6d8jq1v.png
  • Options
    8xpt7yy4txc8.png
    nyg9kzr66eu5.png
    e2c94a3t1f4b.png

I also started a MED/COM voyage today:

nvaksna5vifu.png
    o11opl1xv9me.png
    zgzh0ug0xlt3.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got MED/COM as well. Guess it’s like gauntlet, same for everyone. Can’t wait till I get these other two Phlox’s immortalized

45g2coihwrhh.png
    rslwsdfs72d6.png
    v474qpepq6o3.png
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I got MED/COM as well. Guess it’s like gauntlet, same for everyone. Can’t wait till I get these other two Phlox’s immortalized

45g2coihwrhh.png
    rslwsdfs72d6.png
    v474qpepq6o3.png

A congregation of 12 people 3 of whom are reverends.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

45g2coihwrhh.png
    rslwsdfs72d6.png
    v474qpepq6o3.png

A congregation of 12 people 3 of whom are reverends.

Ha! A flock of Phlox