Home The Bridge

Edit: Enterprise Mega in August!

edited August 2020 in The Bridge
See the post in starfleet communications!
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENT, no doubts. 🙂
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far we know:
    EV Suit T’Pol is the first 5*....

EV Suit mega or ENT mega? Wonder if they’ll bring back the ‘guess who this is’ again...

I'm gonna guess ENT. But could be DS9, and she is the only ENT crew, the way some stuff goes......

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    👍👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise seems most likely, given how little it’s been represented thus far. However, what’s the possibility that it’s also combined with another theme? Disco? Picard? A species or trait or character? Would it mix up Enterprise crew with cadets/ensigns as a soft intro to an inevitable Lower Decks tie-in? One character announcement isn’t much to go on.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be an EV Suit mega event with Shore Leave Wesley Crusher (TNG s1e8: Justice) as the recurring legendary. If this sounds silly, then you know exactly why I might be right. :P
    Farewell 🖖
  • I’d prefer an EV Suit mega, but that’s just me. could have survivalist as bonus trait or something
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    To the suggestions of Vulcan and Survivalist: they have been bonus traits already. I'm not opposed to a repeat, but there has not been a repeat yet, so I do not foresee one happening any time soon.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Lower Decks has to be involved at least a little, right? Probably not quite as much as the first Disco mega, but the second episode of the new show debuts (I think) the day the mega starts.
    Lower Decks has to be involved at least a little, right? Probably not quite as much as the first Disco mega, but the second episode of the new show debuts (I think) the day the mega starts.

Yes. Episodes do drop on Thursdays, apparently, starting this coming week.
    Lower Decks has to be involved at least a little, right? Probably not quite as much as the first Disco mega, but the second episode of the new show debuts (I think) the day the mega starts.

I hope the devs watch the first few episodes, then make Lower Decks the big focus after this mega event. I'm surprised the upcoming campaign isn't Lower Decks themed. Not that there's any existing cards for it, I guess.
    Farewell 🖖
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope the devs watch the first few episodes, then make Lower Decks the big focus after this mega event. I'm surprised the upcoming campaign isn't Lower Decks themed. Not that there's any existing cards for it, I guess.

New 4* Sam Lavelle and 5* Prisoner Sito Jaxa? I'd drop the cash.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Xindi Aquatic would make me very happy. I might even put down some dollar bills for that one (for the first time ever).

Agreed! It would be awesome!
    Let’s fly!
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think EV Suit T'Pol necessarily means an ENT-themed mega event, but it doesn't rule it out either. It's just as likely to be an EV Suit, telepath or Vulcan themed mega, or simply T'Pol in an EV Suit plays some role in the storyline of the mega event which could be about anything, really.

It's not much to go on, but for the three mega events so far this year:
    - Twilight T'Pol was ranked 5* the week before the Picard and Number One TNG-ish themed mega event.
    - EV Suit Nhan from Disco was the ranked 5* heading into a largely Picard-themed mega event
    - Linnis Paris as the ranked 5* leading into the Suspiria/Voyager-themed event.

Personally, I hope EV Suit T'Pol has but a tangential relation to the mega event's theme and we're pleasantly surprised with a TAS mega event.
    To the suggestions of Vulcan and Survivalist: they have been bonus traits already. I'm not opposed to a repeat, but there has not been a repeat yet, so I do not foresee one happening any time soon.

Hmm...Explorer could still fit well enough and isn’t a ridiculously large pool. 65 total, more like 60 without 2*/3* crew, and several of the rest are rather new (Technician Fisher and some 4* Tuesday pack crew not yet the portal) or are not necessarily worth thawing out (Mirror Archer, I’m looking at you).

Speaking of Archer, most of his variants have the Explorer trait. Same for Commander Kelby, a couple of Tuckers, and (an admittedly 3*) Expedition Shran. While there’s a decent representation of TOS and TNG characters as well, Archer’s presence helps give ENT a healthy share of the bonus crew pool for the Explorer trait. It could be an Explorer/Enterprise mega, and if I really go wild with desire I wonder if we could get Andorian Mining Consortium Shran* as the recurring legendary. :)

Double bonus: there are a few Exobiologists who also have Explorer, such as The Keeper, Yarnek, Dr. Mulhall, and Nomad, as well as some Kirk variants and at least one Kim from next weekend’s event bonus pool. Given that TP has occasionally set us up nicely on the bonus crew front ahead of recent mega events, Explorer wouldn’t be a stretch even without an explicit ENT component.

I tried but ultimately could not help myself:

5* - Andorian Mining Consortium Shran

zqgzayrzwmum.jpeg

DIP/SEC/ENG

Traits: Andorian, Imperial Guard, Tactician, Miner, Undercover Operative, Scoundrel

Ship ability: “The Andorian Mining Consortium Runs From No One!”

(Yes, “Miner” would be a new trait that maybe doesn’t technically fit. Yes, I absolutely did think of updating Momma Horta’s traits at the same time Chief Engineer Vanderberg is added someday in the future. Yes, we should get a Mine Laborer Mk1 EMH as well.)

Perfect idea for a ENT Mega Recurring......

He was the Shrannest Shran in that episode!!!!!

👍🏿👍🏾👍🏽👍🏼👍🏻👍
    🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
  • Any EV Suit collection will be Enterprise heavy. It is the only series where the whole cast or nearly so wore them at one time or another. We don't have that in the other series. We have Archer and Trip. T'Pol is coming. Reed and Hoshi wore them at some point. Pretty sure Mayweather did as well and Phlox did once, I think.
    For Voyager, we have Tuvok and Seven. Tom, B'Elanna, Harry, and Janeway would be the others, if memory serves. The EMH flailing in space when they projected the wrong program into space in "Basics" could a funny inclusion.
    EV suits on DS9 don't ring any bells for me. Unless Thot Gor and Breen Dukat count.
    Picard and Word in First Contact are the Only EVs that come to mind there. We have poor Assimilated Hawk.
    Kirk in Tholian Web and Spock in Motion Picture, plus the life belts in Animated would be that set.
    We have Burnham and Time Loop Mudd for Disco. I still haven't sat down and caught up on it, so I could be missing someone there.
    I'm gearing up for my annual fall binge watch. I try to watch them all between September 8 and January 16. That covered the birthdays of the main series and most of the movies until Picard came along. I may make an EV list.

Voyager: Day of Honor
    h8ib7vr4nipi.jpg
    rzdq9tczgh3x.jpg

Just off the top of my head.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who could forget "Day of Honor"? It always breaks me up that she confesses her feelings as they are running out of oxygen and thinking they are going to die, but she was annoyed that Tom proposed during near death in "Drive".
    Ooh, forgot that bit with him in "Empok Nor". Can't recall any of the main cast donning them though.
    Would the Hirogen's hunting armor count? I seem to recall that in had some EV functions. That would get Idrin included.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Let's not forget Kirk in an EV suit going after Spock in TMP. And Captain Terrell in ST 2. There was also the two assassins in ST 6 though technically they were wearing engineering suits, not EV suits. They could be good cards either way.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be excited by an ENT mega. For all of the mistakes in the series, and there are plenty, it had some great high points.

EV Suits could also be fun, both for the character options and the story.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    I'd be excited by an ENT mega. For all of the mistakes in the series, and there are plenty, it had some great high points.

EV Suits could also be fun, both for the character options and the story.

I say again, if they do an EV Suit Collection, and can get the rights to use stuff from the show, a Davenport-style EV Suit Sulu from Star Trek Continues would be a nice tribute to Grant Imahara......

dhcbzewhebq8.jpeg
    ko8fq3jhxme8.jpg

If they do.....

8v6ubl81r8wp.jpg

• If they do an ENT mega, they should add Crewman Cutler. Shame she was only in 1 episode. She wouldve made a good semi-recurring character.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cutler was in three episodes and mentioned in either one or two more. My memory is fuzzy on dates, but Kellie Waymire died while Enterprise was still on the air, middle of season three or so. She was only 36. Had an undiagnosed heart condition and died in her sleep.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kellie Waymire also played Layna in Voyager
    yljhtzarrifw.jpeg
    Cutler was in three episodes and mentioned in either one or two more. My memory is fuzzy on dates, but Kellie Waymire died while Enterprise was still on the air, middle of season three or so. She was only 36. Had an undiagnosed heart condition and died in her sleep.

Did not know that. Sad news.
    Kellie Waymire also played Layna in Voyager
    yljhtzarrifw.jpeg

Campaign!!!!! New 4 🌟 Cutter and Layna......