Some polestar combos - Legendary

Comments

• Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

⛔🛑👨🕦

Does that mean I guessed correctly? 🤔😀
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the good folks who program Datacore have provided us with the optimal pole stars for retrieval for every crew! Thank you.

Where do you see this? I don't see it anywhere.

I found the following link on Discord:

https://stt.virtualist.eu/retrieve/

Once suggestion I would like to make for this is a toggle to ignore Immortalized crew.
  • Options
    Chuck S DarwinChuck S Darwin ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned yet, but Andorian & Crafty is a 2-polestar combo to get Talas, who was a recent premium campaign crew.

According to Datacore there are 19 different combos that will narrow down to just Talas. Most include either Andorian or Imperial Guard, but there are 3 ways (using three polestars each) to isolate her if you don’t have any Andorian specific polestars.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

⛔🛑👨🕦

Does that mean I guessed correctly? 🤔😀

Yes. As did IceCat.

⛔🛑👨🕦
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    svlz2wz430t9.gif
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    I see the good folks who program Datacore have provided us with the optimal pole stars for retrieval for every crew! Thank you.

How do you use it though ?

I'm not comfortable "linking" it directly to my account, so I'm trying to use their manual option ..

I put in a list of polestars .. comma delimited, and click search .. and never get anything ??
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto wrote: »

I'm not comfortable "linking" it directly to my account, so I'm trying to use their manual option ..

I put in a list of polestars .. comma delimited, and click search .. and never get anything ??

I have not used it yet, so I am unsure as to how to “make it go”. I simply posted the link for those who might be interested.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

You have to scroll down to see the combinations (and not put any spaces before or after the commas). I also didn't want to link anything to my account and the manual option worked.

EDIT: it looks like spaces are fine.
  • Options
    bmdstoer13xd.png

Does Falcon have Brutal or Hologram? Would get hm singled out?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    bmdstoer13xd.png

Does Falcon have Brutal or Hologram? Would get hm singled out?

I've just looked; he has both and Durango has neither.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmdstoer13xd.png

Both good crew. I would just let fate decide.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I do it manually. The polestars have to all be capitalized with a comma and space in between each other. When one line is full go to the next and write your polestars there. Then hit search. Like this:

plhluhn4w4iw.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited February 2021

I do it manually. The polestars have to all be capitalized with a comma and space in between each other. When one line is full go to the next and write your polestars there. Then hit search. Like this:

plhluhn4w4iw.png

They may need to be capitalized, but the space isn't necessary (I thought it was necessary not to use it actually, but I was wrong on that :sweat_smile: ) and you can put as many as you want in one line (or at least up to 31). Not sure why there are three lines though.
  • Options
    Not sure if this is the correct thread but who are the best voyage crew to aim for which are useful even at one star.
    Everyone talks about dark troi, braxton and sinister picard but how many stars will they need to be useful.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Not sure if this is the correct thread but who are the best voyage crew to aim for which are useful even at one star.
    Everyone talks about dark troi, braxton and sinister picard but how many stars will they need to be useful.

I'm not sure if any legendary at 1/5* will help a lot with voyages. But it depends on how many immortal 4* you have and how good they are. If you don't have any immortal 4* with SEC/MED for example, then a 1/5* Dark Empath Troi will probably go on your voyages.

They're more of a long term investment though and become really useful when you cite them up. Again, depending on your crew options, they could be useful starting at 3/5* or 4/5*. Some of the stronger legendaries and the ones with very rare skill combinations used to make it on my voyages at 4/5* because they either were stronger than (or equally strong as) some of the weaker legendaries at 5/5* or they just were my only options for those skill combinations (thinking mainly MED/CMD, MED/ENG and MED/SEC).

To make an example, Dark Empath Troi at 1/5* without bonuses has an overall voyage score of 2474,5 whereas Captive Bashir at 4/4* has 2400,5. They don't have the exact same skill combination, but their voyage score (and usefulness) would be similar.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭

You have to scroll down to see the combinations (and not put any spaces before or after the commas). I also didn't want to link anything to my account and the manual option worked.

Doesn't work ..

388nswjnz4wj.png
  • Options

Doesn't work ..

388nswjnz4wj.png

There's a typo. It probably doesn't recognize the traits if there are typos. Plus, it only shows crew that you can narrow down exactly to 1 and there might be no options with only Human and Android.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

As with any crew, the answer depends on who you already have in the game. If you’re loaded on immortal legendary SEC/COM/DIP crew, Sinister Picard might not be much of an upgrade...but if you have no immortal legendaries whatsoever, he’s going to be a phenomenal addition.

For example: I have the Sphere Builder Presage at 1/5* level 1. She’s a solid ENG/SCI/COM voyager but I already have a ton of ENG/SCI crew, and a couple of them have COM as a tertiary. While my immortal Annika Hansen Seven has been very helpful, my 4/5* Solar Sails Sisko has never once gone on a voyage. The Sphere Builder almost certainly would need to be immortal to be of any use to me.

This is why I continually preach “value over replacement” as a crew-building strategy:

1) Identify where you would like to improve. It can be a goal to always hit 6, 8, or 10 hours on voyages, it could be to try for 10 or 12 hours in a specific combo, or it could even be something entirely unrelated to voyages. My goal in 2020 was to hit 10 hours on every voyage combo, and now I’m at a place where it is very rare to not hit that mark on every single voyage.

2) Determine whether a crew you already have would be a good replacement or if you’ll need to fill that hole with packs or Crew Retrieval. If I wanted to retire Imprinted Archer for having a poor voyage score, I would throw some citations on that free Medic Jett Reno we all got a while back; if I wanted to boost my chances at winning COM/x battles in the gauntlet I would use Crew Retrieval to get Admiral Clancy.

3) Acquire, level, and/or add stars to whomever it is will help you improve the most. If all you have for SEC/COM/DIP legendary crew is Shinzon, you could improve by getting, say, Kol of House Kor or Colonel Q, but you could improve a lot more with High Roller Sisko or Sinister Picard.
  • Options
    If you do not have High Roller Sisko, try for him. He is phenomenal on shuttles and has a lot of events. Depending on your crew, some others beat him in voyage score, but he is very good with voyages. And his traits come up all the time in voyages which gives more antimatter. Plus his card art is outstanding. I have him immortalized and a second copy from campaign at 4/5. Sometimes they are both on a voyage, but not often. Sometimes neither are on a voyage, but both are on my shuttles every day, barring shuttle events and the like. All around, I put him as the best card in the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

By the way, in case you wanted a list of crew ranked by voyage total, there is one in this spreadsheet shared in the Bridge section of the forums: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zrObDH5UtTOfSm37pdMVmm7hwr2u6kMDgdWZpwfjON8/edit#gid=1942976

The top 24 voyagers on that list are currently these (the voyage score includes all possible bonuses available through starbases and collections):

ri6grsdhbde5.png
  • Options
    e99p4hobja0s.jpg
    ji34ib4pclfb.jpg
  • Options

Doesn't work ..

388nswjnz4wj.png

There's a typo. It probably doesn't recognize the traits if there are typos. Plus, it only shows crew that you can narrow down exactly to 1 and there might be no options with only Human and Android.

Or Human & Andoid.....

⛔🛑👨🕦
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't work ..

388nswjnz4wj.png

Haven't tried any of this, but the typo is likely the problem. Human and Android will get you a Soji. I have both those and saw that testing combos. With a portal update, it will set you Soji or Dahj. If you want Soji and don't have her, get her before her sister hits the portal. Top 10 base for Med, I use her lots.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Doesn't work ..

388nswjnz4wj.png

Soji is the only human and android currently in the portal.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    sdjrrn2widlj.jpg

Now I just need engineered
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't work ..

388nswjnz4wj.png

Haven't tried any of this, but the typo is likely the problem. Human and Android will get you a Soji. I have both those and saw that testing combos. With a portal update, it will set you Soji or Dahj. If you want Soji and don't have her, get her before her sister hits the portal. Top 10 base for Med, I use her lots.

I have Romantic and Xenoanthropology to get Soji, as I want Android to help me get an extra start for Tainer (with Caregiver). Only issue is whether I want Xenoanthropology to get Burnham instead!