Options

Objective event feedback

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a personal life schedule POV:
    1 - Away Missions. Easy.
    2 - Shuttle Breakdown (from someone at CST):
    I'll be to claim shuttles at 12pm,3,6,9,12. Also probably easy but I also have a short attention span and might screw it up. This will push back the fifth set of shuttles till 7:30 am the next day unless I do some shuttle time shaving. I do have a lot of 30min speed ups.
    3 - Gauntlet much easier if I get the shuttles done correctly. Otherwise I have to 2 windows (start at 7:30 and 11:30) to score 10 gauntlet tries a piece. Made somewhat easier that victory isn't a requirement. Score 5 wins, then tank 5 times. I'm still Balok hunting so I'm not adverse to trying in the gauntlet.

I don't mind doing this but I would prefer some cooler rewards. To me I'm spending some loot to try and get slightly better loot. The honour reward is effectively one merit pull and whatever credits I get from spending those chrons. Sure I'll be able to maybe place well in some future faction event but so does everyone else.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    i did my 40 away missions, the event button on the homescreen didn't turn gold.
    this feels inconsistent with other events under the same button.

Edit: this time i reloaded the game and the button was gold.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    The beauty of having a faction or 2 at 30 second missions.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Wish I'd have realised beforehand that I should have kept shuttles to "complete" at the event start, rather than sending them just after, having waited since completing an hour earlier.

Trying to work out if its worth spending the shuttle boosts I need to use to get to Gauntlet achievement in time, as the way my Boost RNGesus has been going, I'd rather not risk them! Deliberately sitting at zero gauntlet action in the hope I can get a few easy wins once the 5 round of shuttles return, so I can get 10 rounds done before needing to wait for the refresh.

Having read the smaller text, it looks like I can start on the final set of objectives once Tier 1 of objective 2 is compete?

Looks like Tier Two is needed. Complete eight shuttle missions.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't fully understand the sequence and lost time and merits on a bunch of shuttles and about 13 gauntlet rounds. I understand it now. A bit annoying, but they did try to convey the message even if I misunderstood.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me not read? That's unpossible.

In that case, change my feedback to have it claimable earlier to be congruent with achievements and community rewards.

The participation reward being claimable only after the event ends is an integral part of Objective Events, like ranked rewards for weekly events.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuttle Return Report #1:
    As predicted I claimed my first wave 15 minutes later than I should have. Next wave I used 30 min speed ups on.

It also occurs to me that Voyage end times may be an issue. With faction events I'm willing to send out sub-par voyages because the rewards are worth it. Objective events? Not so much.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    So do the rewards not unlock until the prior objective is complete, or can we not even start accumulating the stats until the prior objective is complete? if its the second, this is just not worth the pain
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    So do the rewards not unlock until the prior objective is complete, or can we not even start accumulating the stats until the prior objective is complete? if its the second, this is just not worth the pain
    You can't make any progress until the prerequisites are complete. So any gauntlet battles you complete won't count for anything if you haven't completed the 20 shuttle missions.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

It also occurs to me that Voyage end times may be an issue. With faction events I'm willing to send out sub-par voyages because the rewards are worth it. Objective events? Not so much.

Not really needed, i don't think you need to succesfully complete the shuttle, just complete it.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    By itself, I have no problem doing the shuttles in the amount of time given; and, again, by itself, I have no problem doing the gauntlet rounds in the time given. However, having to wait on the gauntlet rounds until I've completed the shuttles, in the time given, is unreasonable. Timing this all out, I should be able to do everything; however, that assumes 1) I get all my shuttles sent and recovered on time, no mistakes; and 2) I get at least ten battles per gauntlet round (with at least two 4hr sets; though a third may be necessary), something that is not easy to do, even for a veteran player like myself. I'm not sure success here is guaranteed, even with hard, heavy game play. That's bad, as it makes me not trust that the game will reward gameplay, as it has in the past.

Additionally, I don't understand why the sudden change in game mechanics, from "started" shuttles (as they are for the dailies) to "completed" shuttles. It adds an unnecessary amount of difficulty to the situation.

In short, I don't think this OE has been properly balanced, and that gives me great concerns about future ones. I don't know if I want to deal with them at this point.

Comment moderated - ~Shan Yes, you need to put some effort in it.
    Otherwise they could just give you the rewards for free...
    Kanon wrote: »
    Ok, here is my feedback, if it is indeed needed to complete all milestones to unlock the next objective, locking one third of the event for 24 hs (32 missions, divided by 4 shuttles, multiplied by 3 hours to complete each), while there is around 36 hs or less granted to complete (not sure how much 'cause this statted hours before it was stated in the announcement) for a sample event is very, very, very, very, very, poor planning (I really want to use a different wording, but 'm too kind)

And please, no "you don't know how hard it is to make a game" like the other day, 1- check my linedin profile before making assumptions, and 2-It doesn't matter, I can be a customer and expect a good product without knowing how it is produced.

Comment moderated - ~Shan It's not very poor planning. It's not for free, so you don't like it doesn't mean poor planning Comment moderated - ~Shan

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Comment moderated - ~Shan
  • Options
    Wish I'd have realised beforehand that I should have kept shuttles to "complete" at the event start, rather than sending them just after, having waited since completing an hour earlier.

Trying to work out if its worth spending the shuttle boosts I need to use to get to Gauntlet achievement in time, as the way my Boost RNGesus has been going, I'd rather not risk them! Deliberately sitting at zero gauntlet action in the hope I can get a few easy wins once the 5 round of shuttles return, so I can get 10 rounds done before needing to wait for the refresh.

Having read the smaller text, it looks like I can start on the final set of objectives once Tier 1 of objective 2 is compete?

Looks like Tier Two is needed. Complete eight shuttle missions.

Well, once you collect Tier Two, the requirement CHANGES to Tier Three. That is nice. I thought the Livestream for MFF last night was a hot mess. It is cooling off rapidly compared to this nonsense......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Apparently it requires you to finish each thing before the next thing unlocks. Even though their very own text within the "?" button says something different. That changes as you complete a segment of each previous thing. Which a gaming commission would probably frown upon if people were gambling for cashy folding money, because changing the requirements to participate actively feels a little "scammy" if it were a cash money contest......
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    You can't make any progress until the prerequisites are complete. So any gauntlet battles you complete won't count for anything if you haven't completed the 20 shuttle missions.

Even though their own text says something different when you have completed four Shuttle Missions.....
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    DScottHewitt, I think that is the bug Shan was talking about?
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »
    DScottHewitt, I think that is the bug Shan was talking about?

Had to go back a page to see that. Thanx!

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Even though their own text says something different when you have completed four Shuttle Missions.....

Yep. That's the bug. Of course, the question is why you would release something for beta when you already know it has a major bug that will directly impact people's experiences? Surely any halfway competent company would make sure that they only have to worry about the bugs that they don't know about.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Yep. That's the bug. Of course, the question is why you would release something for beta when you already know it has a major bug that will directly impact people's experiences? Surely any halfway competent company would make sure that they only have to worry about the bugs that they don't know about.

I guess because we are the "Beta Testers". Our "salary" is the stuff we get for doing the Event.....

EDIT: NOW it is an Event......

zsbgruhle6oo.png
  • Options
    Minor compared to most of the comments in this thread*, but I'm not keen on the way the little boxes shuffle themselves around so that the current objective is always the leftmost. I would feel more of a sense of progress through the event if I was moving across the screen as I finished tasks. (Then again maybe the first full-blown Objective Event will make clear why this way is better?)

*I will say that my nightmare mode alt that still only has two shuttlebays and is laughably uncompetitive in gauntlet is clearly not going to get all the way to the end, but then my best ever score in a normal event on there was grinding to 60k-ish in a skirmish.
  • Options
    I would much rather see a number of objectives available in parallel so you can proceed at your own pace than a locked progression of Objective 1, then 2, etc.

If objectives will be locked in the future:
    • You've got to do due diligence to ensure they are reasonably achievable in the event window, taking into account the event window’s timing globally.
    • Make the final reward(s) worth pushing for.

I’m guessing this isn’t an option in the current version, but it might be interesting to have branching locks—in order to unlock Objectives B and C you need to do A, but to unlock D you need to complete B (not C). To unlock H maybe you need C, F, and G. Maybe there’s not time to complete all the Objectives in this mode, so you have to pick your end reward and pursue the Objectives that get you to that end one.

+1 on all of this
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Not really needed, i don't think you need to succesfully complete the shuttle, just complete it.

Indeed. I failed 86 percent of my shuttles and it still worked.
  • Options
    The rewards are garbage… not worth wasting time on.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    In my opinion, getting the player base to do the same old repetitive things so WRG can increase their player engagement stats is the actual objective of these Events.

„The Same Old Repetive Things“ you mean similar to adding „tags“
    nxt to the username(s) and creating a special „fleet“,
    with the „purpose“ to get WRG to change/improve things regarding the game?

That worked very well in the past…oh wait… 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•