Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles Stream - Monday, July 11- around 4pm ET (20:00 UTC) - It's Live!

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Bylo Band wrote: »
    Here is some pre-release feedback Shan/Ben.

The Boss Battles were announced around the same time that the IKS Bortas was added to the Honor Hall. I cannot speak for everyone who has invested in the IKS Bortas but one reason I did it was because I assumed based on the timing of both announcements that the IKS Bortas was specifically designed with Boss Battles in mind, especially due to its beefy cloak, given the ship is otherwise rather lacking in the shields/hull department. This is why I asked during the livestream Q & A if cloaking would work to avoid the Boss' big attack, and the fact that it does not help at all is kind of unfortunate. I do not have buyer's remorse as I still like the ship but my feedback would be to be mindful of such things in the future.

There is no guarantee that future boss battles work in the same way. So it may work well in the future.
  • Options
    so we need 2* crew for the first boss battle tier huh....
    Well then... that's a problem.
    Excitement level lowered.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Level 2 or level 1. All of us have them frozen. We do not necessarily have to keep them, thawed , unless we want to battle at easy difficulty. But we have to beat easy once to get to normal difficulty which I think allows rare crew. There are 6 difficulty levels.

epfd69ux9c87.jpeg
    7arqchoysd03.jpeg

In the above they have already beaten easy one time.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a debrief on Boss Battles last after Ben's stream if anyone is interested on breaking it down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFDNPkvDlI8, a few more details from Ben in Chat.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    At 37:37 into the stream on YouTube - Wicked Realm Games. He talks about cloaking and evasion.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wtpc5RY-og
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some thought, i dont think the freeze thaw will be a tremendous issue. It will take strategy to use it efficiently, but it shouldnt kill peoples merits.

Crew space/slots is another issue, which ill just say for the most part is a player created problem. If you have 90 purple crew at various citation levels that you are hanging onto just on the outside chance that you get a matching portal behold, i mean maybe eliminate some of that from your roster.

Big no for that.

Keeping those 4* crew is even more critical now for those later difficulties. You would be better off freezing 5* crew, and then thawing them out once the higher levels are unlocked.

There are 84 cadets (1* and 2*). Some of them are not needed, e.g. Nurse Paris can cover all the trait combinations of Ensign Chapel, Ensign Kim, Ensign Chekov, Ensign MayWeather, Ensign Ogawa, Lt. Tasha Yar, Yeoman Rand.

Glinn Damar and First Maje Haron only have one trait each, so will never be needed.
    KDF Alexander only has Klingon and Human, so either Torres will cover his traits.

Ensign Ro has 3 traits, of which the 3 combinations can be covered by other crew.

AEC Crusher can be covered jointly by Sito and Sato and Nurse Paris.

Brainless Spock can cover Science Officer T'Pol, Ensign Tuvok and Commander Spock.

Commander Tucker can covers Away Team Archer.

Bartender Quark covers Teenager Nog.

That is now, at most, 70 crew that need thawing. Multiple players will need the same crew, but they can be thawed when needed.

If you have a good fleet, with good coordination between players, then you will only need to thaw a few cadets each.

If a player has limited crew space, then they could just thaw the crew that do the most damage, and let the rest of the fleet concentrate on combos.

Things will get more complicated at higher levels, but that's when your stock of 4* and 5* crew comes in handy.

Fleet coordination is key to this, e.g. players reporting which crew they have tried, and suggesting alternatives.

Cadets are listed here:

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Cadets

Edit: Deleted Tasha Yar, her traits don't match the above wiki page. She also looks very useful with her 150% instant damage.

It's probably worth pointing out that that list of cadets is incomplete, it's missing at least half a dozen uncommon crew. Mostly, but not all, recent additions to the game.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    9.0.0 is now mandatory to play.
    The plan for today is as follows:
    - release our weekly server, it will contain 5 free crew slots \o/
    - one final internal pass at FBB
    - release FBB
    - prepare a feedback thread

The feedback thread should contain very specific feedback, in a concise manner (it can be done :) )

But I am also considering a FBB strategies thread, how does that sound?

Sounds promising. 👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    A strategies thread sounds very good. There are going to be small fleets with minimal communication (and other fleets as well) who would benefit greatly by having someone point out to them exactly which ships and crew are good to use.
  • Options
    9.0.0 is now mandatory to play.
    The plan for today is as follows:
    - release our weekly server, it will contain 5 free crew slots \o/
    - one final internal pass at FBB
    - release FBB
    - prepare a feedback thread

The feedback thread should contain very specific feedback, in a concise manner (it can be done :) )

But I am also considering a FBB strategies thread, how does that sound?

Free slots 🥳
    A strategy thread sounds like a brilliant idea, as mentioned above that would really help out fleets with casual players!
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    After some thought, i dont think the freeze thaw will be a tremendous issue. It will take strategy to use it efficiently, but it shouldnt kill peoples merits.

Crew space/slots is another issue, which ill just say for the most part is a player created problem. If you have 90 purple crew at various citation levels that you are hanging onto just on the outside chance that you get a matching portal behold, i mean maybe eliminate some of that from your roster.

Big no for that.

Keeping those 4* crew is even more critical now for those later difficulties. You would be better off freezing 5* crew, and then thawing them out once the higher levels are unlocked.

There are 84 cadets (1* and 2*). Some of them are not needed, e.g. Nurse Paris can cover all the trait combinations of Ensign Chapel, Ensign Kim, Ensign Chekov, Ensign MayWeather, Ensign Ogawa, Lt. Tasha Yar, Yeoman Rand.

Glinn Damar and First Maje Haron only have one trait each, so will never be needed.
    KDF Alexander only has Klingon and Human, so either Torres will cover his traits.

Ensign Ro has 3 traits, of which the 3 combinations can be covered by other crew.

AEC Crusher can be covered jointly by Sito and Sato and Nurse Paris.

Brainless Spock can cover Science Officer T'Pol, Ensign Tuvok and Commander Spock.

Commander Tucker can covers Away Team Archer.

Bartender Quark covers Teenager Nog.

That is now, at most, 70 crew that need thawing. Multiple players will need the same crew, but they can be thawed when needed.

If you have a good fleet, with good coordination between players, then you will only need to thaw a few cadets each.

If a player has limited crew space, then they could just thaw the crew that do the most damage, and let the rest of the fleet concentrate on combos.

Things will get more complicated at higher levels, but that's when your stock of 4* and 5* crew comes in handy.

Fleet coordination is key to this, e.g. players reporting which crew they have tried, and suggesting alternatives.

Cadets are listed here:

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Cadets

Edit: Deleted Tasha Yar, her traits don't match the above wiki page. She also looks very useful with her 150% instant damage.

It's probably worth pointing out that that list of cadets is incomplete, it's missing at least half a dozen uncommon crew. Mostly, but not all, recent additions to the game.

I see several of the traits are out of date.

This will be updated soon, probably this evening.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Right now my main account has 8702 merits. That is enough approximately to get 30 crew out of cryo.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

An endurance objective :wink:

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    I know this is Beta and the updated version is already in the works, but I have a suggestion already. Grey out, but don't hide the trait list for those who have unlocked a node. I might not be able to do another node, but I can certainly make suggestions in fleet chat and contribute that way!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Level 2 or level 1. All of us have them frozen. We do not necessarily have to keep them, thawed , unless we want to battle at easy difficulty. But we have to beat easy once to get to normal difficulty which I think allows rare crew. There are 6 difficulty levels.

epfd69ux9c87.jpeg
    7arqchoysd03.jpeg

I haven't watched their video, but does each individual need to progress through the difficulty levels, or the fleet as a whole?

I have zero desire to waste merits or crew slots on this, so I'm just trying to figure out if I'll be able to help my fleet at later stages, or if I'll be skipping this feature entirely.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    I know this is Beta and the updated version is already in the works, but I have a suggestion already. Grey out, but don't hide the trait list for those who have unlocked a node. I might not be able to do another node, but I can certainly make suggestions in fleet chat and contribute that way!

That's something we've highlighted as well! So hopefully that's an improvement that we will be able to implement.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

epfd69ux9c87.jpeg
    7arqchoysd03.jpeg

I haven't watched their video, but does each individual need to progress through the difficulty levels, or the fleet as a whole?

I have zero desire to waste merits or crew slots on this, so I'm just trying to figure out if I'll be able to help my fleet at later stages, or if I'll be skipping this feature entirely.

I'm guessing it's fleet based.

However, once you have your five free slots, open a couple of basic packs, and use the crew to participate in fights. You only need to do some damage, not unlock nodes.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

epfd69ux9c87.jpeg
    7arqchoysd03.jpeg

Unlocking the various difficulty levels is done at the fleet level.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

epfd69ux9c87.jpeg
    7arqchoysd03.jpeg

However, once you have your five free slots, open a couple of basic packs, and use the crew to participate in fights. You only need to do some damage, not unlock nodes.

I have 2 3* crew active for the arena, but don't have any 1* or 2* crew. Don't traits have to match as well, which would require more slots and/or crew rotating (merits)?

EDIT - I think I've been able to answer the questions I had thanks to the FAQ referenced in the OP. Thanks @Shan
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

epfd69ux9c87.jpeg
    7arqchoysd03.jpeg

I have 2 3* crew active for the arena, but don't have any 1* or 2* crew. Don't traits have to match as well, which would require more slots and/or crew rotating (merits)?

EDIT - I think I've been able to answer the questions I had thanks to the FAQ referenced in the OP. Thanks @Shan

I think the trick to boss battles will be to have a handful of fleet members dealing with combos and the rest of the fleet grinding the boss down.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ya, traits only apply to finding combos.
    Once you find a trait combo. You have to wait for the next combos to unlock (this will be upto the rest of the fleet) before you can try for another trait combo.
    I guess there are three tiers of combos to unlock. Once all unlocked, I think all ships in fleet then will have the max damage possible, but you have to determine which ship and crew will yield max damage.

No need to worry about traits when trying to do damage.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I see Away Team Neelix and Lt. Tasha Yar both have immediate damage of 150% and both have +2 accuracy. Might be good with a ship with best attack.

Edit: Hirogen Hunter Ship, Suurok Class Combat Cruiser, and Klingon K'Vort

Think it's between Hirogen and Suurok since cloaking does not work against the Doomsday Machine boss.
    Suurok has better shields but slightly less fire power.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I see the fleet boss icon

We start with 4 valor that is max

There is a large delay before the battle starts
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is live!

Give me some time to deal with all the messaging and then I will create the feedback thread and the strategy one :)
  • Options
    Hit two nodes in my first attempt.

Gaia Odo for the changing, and picard for the exoarcealolgy.

I don't know if we all get the same combos.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit two nodes in my first attempt.

Gaia Odo for the changing, and picard for the exoarcealolgy.

I don't know if we all get the same combos.

Mine were different but I too hit two, was some what simple only had one crew possible for both with given traits. (Other crew had same traits but not as many )

Change ship right away to Suurok or Hirogen.
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    So far so fun!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay some pointers. Accuracy does not matter.
    My best damage so far is Suurak ship, Away team archer and punk rocker over 200k damage.