Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    This is something I have been thinking. But the question is how to do it, when the bottom traits could match any node.

e.g. if the top three nodes are

Human, Klingon, Vulcan.

and the bottom include Jury rigger, musician, diplomat.

Then trying a Torres Jury Rigger would tick out the Jury Rigger for the first two nodes, but not the third.

We then have the issue of matching three traits, this would really need an external spreadsheet.

Maybe they could change it so that clicking anywhere on the combo "box" you select that combo, and when doing so, all traits below would become gray if they have already been tried for that specific combo. To actually assign a crew, you could click the big "+".

6wsvivrx2zh2.png

Also complicating this a bit is when a trait is a known match AND a possible match (like Exobiology in the image). If you were to match the 1st combo I believe Exobiology would become grayed out on the possible list even though it might be the trait that applies for combo node 3.

I notice that known traits always seem to appear in the list of possible traits.

Hence it may be possible to rule out known traits from the list of possibles, unless the known trait appears twice.

In the above example I would not try matching exobio with augments, until the others have been ruled out.
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Y'know what else would be nice?
    Commas.
    It's very hard to read these numbers on a small phone screen.
    7zlykubr41da.jpeg

Commas would be nice when reading on an iPad as well. There’s just too many zeros for the human eye to parse on its own.
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    This is something I have been thinking. But the question is how to do it, when the bottom traits could match any node.

Human, Klingon, Vulcan.

Then trying a Torres Jury Rigger would tick out the Jury Rigger for the first two nodes, but not the third.

We then have the issue of matching three traits, this would really need an external spreadsheet.

Maybe they could change it so that clicking anywhere on the combo "box" you select that combo, and when doing so, all traits below would become gray if they have already been tried for that specific combo. To actually assign a crew, you could click the big "+".

6wsvivrx2zh2.png

Also complicating this a bit is when a trait is a known match AND a possible match (like Exobiology in the image). If you were to match the 1st combo I believe Exobiology would become grayed out on the possible list even though it might be the trait that applies for combo node 3.

I notice that known traits always seem to appear in the list of possible traits.

Hence it may be possible to rule out known traits from the list of possibles, unless the known trait appears twice.

In the above example I would not try matching exobio with augments, until the others have been ruled out.

Well, I mention this because it has happened to us. We were thinking that a crew could not be correct because it's trait was grayed out. But it was the correct crew. Once you unlock super rare and legendary crew, how many might you need to try if you are saving something for last?
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • OomoxOomox ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    At the risk of being premature, I quite like this addition to the game.

I sadly haven't had time to read through the entire thread, so apologies if these suggestions and criticisms have been made earlier by posters.

1) Four valour is just not enough. I suggest WRG allows valour levels to accumulate, like credits, without fixing a ceiling, as is the case with chronitons. This would give fleets better scope for experimenting to identify the crew combinations that firstly trigger nodes, and then other combinations to inflict damage.

2) I'd suggest replacing starbase components in the Ultimate Campaign Track with valour, kemocite or other bridge building components.

Otherwise - well done WRG !
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oomox wrote: »
    At the risk of being premature, I quite like this addition to the game.

I sadly haven't had time to read through the entire thread, so apologies if these suggestions and criticisms have been made earlier by posters.

1) Four valour is just not enough. I suggest WRG allows valour levels to accumulate, like credits, without fixing a ceiling, as is the case with chronitons. This would give fleets better scope for experimenting to identify the cres combinations that firstly trigger nodes, and then other combinations to inflict damage.

2) I'd suggest replacing starbase components in the Ultimate Campaign Track with valour, kemocite or other bridge building components.

Otherwise - well done WRG !

I'll second both of those. Some people may go more than 12 hours without logging for one reason or another. At least, raise it to eight and give them a day.
    Most of us have more Star base Components than we can use now. (How about raising that to 1000 a day or have "Work days" with no cap a couple times a year. Give young fleets a hand and middle ones a boost. Not sure what older ones would get besides rations.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭

Human, Klingon, Vulcan.

6wsvivrx2zh2.png

That, according to me, is a bug as it misleads players. By allowing a combo to be selected, only traits that have been ruled out for that specific combo would be grayed out. If no combo has been selected, then only traits that have been ruled out for all combos should be grayed out.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the feedback so far, very useful.

There are a few points that I might be able to address:

- there seems to be some confusion as to what happens when a combo chain triggers, it does not give out a bonus to anyone, it just deals a big amount of damage to the boss, as such it does not impact the leaderboard rankings.

- purchasing valor and knowing where you are at in your current refresh: this is actually shown when you start the purchase process, this should allow you to decide whether or not it would be better to wait.

magx1ixx0zzl.png

- list of traits: there are indeed traits shown in the list that are not seen on 1* or 2* crew for instance. This is something that will be made clearer in the info text.

I am confirming as well that to be eligible for rewards, both personal and boss destruction ones, you need to do enough damage to reach at least the first personal damage threshold. This too will be made clearer.
  • It certainly was challenging. But we unlocked ultra.

xb4k8hlp0ip2.jpg

Can we have a picture of your current Cpt. Bridge?
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone worked out the best ship combinations for early battles? I've not used any rare or below for so long I had to thaw Kang and Dukat on top of other crew, to get enough damage in.
    Of course, bosses don't respect cloaking it seems, so using K'vort wasn't as effective as in arena.
  • I think there needs to be more time allowed for these. I'm in a long standing fleet of high level players and it feels like we won't even come close to beating the easy and normal levels before the 24 hour mark is up
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    I think there needs to be more time allowed for these. I'm in a long standing fleet of high level players and it feels like we won't even come close to beating the easy and normal levels before the 24 hour mark is up

I've come to the conclusion from the way it's behaving in game that it's 24 hours per battle, not 24 hours to get through the whole chain of six. Which makes it a lot more manageable, but definitely isn't the impression I'd picked up from the pre-launch material.
  • I think there needs to be more time allowed for these. I'm in a long standing fleet of high level players and it feels like we won't even come close to beating the easy and normal levels before the 24 hour mark is up

I've come to the conclusion from the way it's behaving in game that it's 24 hours per battle, not 24 hours to get through the whole chain of six. Which makes it a lot more manageable, but definitely isn't the impression I'd picked up from the pre-launch material.

Yeah that's what I mean. We're still not close to completing the easy and normal battles yet
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need some kind of special rewards for unlocking a node (even if the combo is completed later). At the moment, I'm not sure if there is even a point in using lesser crew in battles in the hoping of unlocking nodes, insted of using more apt crew and dealing damage (the difference in damage could be very significative, and could mean a tier or more in the personal rewards)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were 14 playing in my fleet and we came close to getting easy on the first try. We're learning. We'll get it this time.
    9b120p4d496v.jpg

/\See bottom left
    Error- The "Tribbled" trait is just showing up as "Tribble".
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is only bothering me, but... the boss has such a strong hull that we get very little visual feedback that our attack does anything. That's ok by itself, but then... the boss kills us. Every time. Our "fleet" members that fly in and attack with us never blow up. Just the active player. It's a suicide mission with very little sense of accomplishing anything. I know the boss needs to defeat us (until we finally defeat it!), but maybe when we reach zero stats, our ship can be shown as withdrawing and flying away? We are not Jem'Hadar after all. (At least, I assume most of us aren't.)
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I thought this would be something I would skip on my Nightmare Mode* account, but having seen the rewards for upgrading the Captain's Bridge I've reconsidered. I can spend a few minutes a day getting killed over and over if I get more dilithium than the entire standard campaign track for my trouble.

*the unofficial game mode invented by Captain Idol and Jeno's Idanian, not the nightmare difficulty level of this
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Shan wrote: »

That being said, I also get that participating and not getting anything is not ideal.
    Especially if that could be the negative outcome of making the effort to work on combo chains.

One thing is less clear to me: seeing this as competing against fleetmates - why?
    There might be a ranking system but it's informational only, your personal damages are your own, regardless of what others do. What am I missing?

Honestly, the leaderboard is kind of misleading on its own. The game has trained us to read leaderboards in one way, and it is not explicitly written anywhere that I could see that this leaderboard is only an FYI. It took me a while to click on the "Rewards" button, which appears on a totally different screen, and put two and two together to figure out that my rewards were based on my personal contribution and not at all related to my rank.

Perhaps there is a way to make the thresholds visible on the leaderboard?
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    Regarding the rewards eligibility, one thing to keep in mind is that it's linked to Bridge Level up and the Bridge rewards. Some of these rewards are very valuable and there should be some effort involved to get them.

That being said, I also get that participating and not getting anything is not ideal.
    Especially if that could be the negative outcome of making the effort to work on combo chains.

One thing is less clear to me: seeing this as competing against fleetmates - why?
    There might be a ranking system but it's informational only, your personal damages are your own, regardless of what others do. What am I missing?

You could lower the rewards. Giving 20 Magnesite is not much but something.
    Getting nothing lowers anticipation a lot. If I'm not going to get anything why bother?

Competing against fleets because nobody wants to go for the nodes. You get less damage - less rewards.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    delete