Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Haven't read any of the previous 37 pages ...

but let's just get back to how irritatingly difficult it is for a medium-sized fleet to defeat Brutal compared to Hard. We can do Hard in less than half the time required, but only really manage Brutal if we get free additional Valor.
    The difficulty balance is just off ... Nightmare and Ultra being for the elite fleets is fine

If Nightmare would give say 1 Bilitrium at 50% destruction then that would be okay, we could just farm that for a bit to advance the Captain's Bridge (very slowly) through lvl 7 ... as it is ugh.
    Now, I have no idea how many additional lvls we can get only through Brutal ... but I hope it is more than just 1. I haven't bothered to look up how fleet boss battles work, or what the Captain's Bridge rewards are ... and can be bothered to wade through 37 pages of the above style of discussion (sheesh).

I know the feeling.
    With the extra bonus we can do more damage but some members moved on. So we still can't defeat Brutal either without the extra valor. I hope they add 1 Bilitrium at 75% at brutal soon.
    I now managed to get to lvl 8.
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    r6a3m18wvjnk.png
    Thanks Ben!
    I have tested this tonight and it does work. I have rolled 22% on a x2 dmg reflection effect, which sounds great. Then I've played the battle and looked at the battle log generated and sent to the server.

pqmpyx7xvvl9.png

Here, the Nightmare boss performs its first hit, 351k dmg
    ecppb7buc2ro.png
    Shortly after, the boss takes 22% reflected dmg
    an2qxyt8daaz.png

This happened for each of the 17 hits throughout that fight. I did ~40 mil damage on this fight, 1,313,182 coming from reflected damage from that huge 22% effect.

Conclusion:
    - this is the worst combo effect
    - damage is correctly reflected throughout the fight, regardless of active abilities
    - reflected damage is calculated AFTER bridge buffs that reduce boss' dmg and combo effects that reduce boss' attack, but BEFORE active in-battle abilities, i.e. "reduce incoming hull damage" abilities.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

but let's just get back to how irritatingly difficult it is for a medium-sized fleet to defeat Brutal compared to Hard. We can do Hard in less than half the time required, but only really manage Brutal if we get free additional Valor.
    The difficulty balance is just off ... Nightmare and Ultra being for the elite fleets is fine

If Nightmare would give say 1 Bilitrium at 50% destruction then that would be okay, we could just farm that for a bit to advance the Captain's Bridge (very slowly) through lvl 7 ... as it is ugh.
    Now, I have no idea how many additional lvls we can get only through Brutal ... but I hope it is more than just 1. I haven't bothered to look up how fleet boss battles work, or what the Captain's Bridge rewards are ... and can be bothered to wade through 37 pages of the above style of discussion (sheesh).

The problem with Brutal is not that its difficulty but rather you're much more limited in your options. Its either spend DIL, have lots of people or everyone uses the Sphere. WRG keeps on releasing new 4* ships but they're all 3 seat ships with no interesting features.

Nightmare at least has some interesting options. My Sphere build was Zimmerman plus 3x Repair Guys (which are 2/3* Crew at least). There are more usable ships in Nightmare and the crew are better. If you don't have the best Repair crew they're easy to retrieve, you only need them at 1/5 and if you feel like developing them they're extremely good crew in general.

Nightmare is required for Bridge Levels 9 - 12. Brutal is only required for 7 and 8.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »

The problem with Brutal is not that its difficulty but rather you're much more limited in your options. Its either spend DIL, have lots of people or everyone uses the Sphere. WRG keeps on releasing new 4* ships but they're all 3 seat ships with no interesting features.

Nightmare at least has some interesting options. My Sphere build was Zimmerman plus 3x Repair Guys (which are 2/3* Crew at least). There are more usable ships and the crew are better. If you don't have the best Repair crew they're easy to retrieve, you only need them at 1/5 and if you feel like developing them they're extremely good crew in general.

Nightmare is required for Bridge Levels 9 - 12. Brutal is only required for 7 and 8.

La Sirena is the "stealth" Brutal killer.

kw5w5g06brf2.jpg
    9m2dokzmv112.jpg

Last Slot should be Vindicta. I guess I screenshotted my Crew while Node Hunting and forgot to fix it. Wait. I think I REPLACED Arex and forgot to do an updated one.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone point me to a fairly detailed cost to level chart for the Bridge. As in cost per upgrade per level. All I know is I need 23 more mag than I have to get my next one. I have a Kemosite, but not enough Mag and wanted to get an idea of how much I need to keep up.

Hard will always provide you enough Magnesite to level your Bridge if you contribute Max Damage. You'll need 1050 Magnesite and 20 Kemocite to finish Bridge 6.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone point me to a fairly detailed cost to level chart for the Bridge. As in cost per upgrade per level. All I know is I need 23 more mag than I have to get my next one. I have a Kemosite, but not enough Mag and wanted to get an idea of how much I need to keep up.

Hard will always provide you enough Magnesite to level your Bridge if you contribute Max Damage. You'll need 1050 Magnesite and 20 Kemocite to finish Bridge 6.

We finished Hard. I got my three Kemo, but not enough Mag for a single upgrade. I should be two upgrades from Seven, but I'm still at Five. No rush. We can't manage Brutal yet anyway.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    @RaraRacing if I recall correctly, we'd get stuck again at captain bridge level 13, provided we could defeat brutal consistently.

I also think they should rework the rewards to remove these "caps" and just make it faster to progress at higher levels compared to the lower ones.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭

Nightmare at least has some interesting options. My Sphere build was Zimmerman plus 3x Repair Guys (which are 2/3* Crew at least). There are more usable ships in Nightmare and the crew are better. If you don't have the best Repair crew they're easy to retrieve, you only need them at 1/5 and if you feel like developing them they're extremely good crew in general.

We unlocked nightmare with extra valor, but our experience is that we're even further from defeating nightmare than brutal. True, many of us have better options there, but not everyone, and most of all, the boss also has much more hp.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »

We unlocked nightmare with extra valor, but our experience is that we're even further from defeating nightmare than brutal. True, many of us have better options there, but not everyone, and most of all, the boss also has much more hp.

Nightmare has a 5th combo chain which eases the difficulty a little. Generally, the HP difference is mitigated by the superior DPS of your available ships. I do suggest that people work on Laborer Kirk, Spork and Mok’Bara Crusher since they’re very good elsewhere in game. Dereth is the best repair crew but he’s only good for FBB so it’s understandable if people want to neglect him.

One thing I‘ve noticed is that some people use sub-optimal set ups because they’re used to Arena or underestimate how ship stats work. Eventually after some practice they get used to better strategies.

I should note that I haven’t done Brutal since the combo buffs.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

We finished Hard. I got my three Kemo, but not enough Mag for a single upgrade. I should be two upgrades from Seven, but I'm still at Five. No rush. We can't manage Brutal yet anyway.

That’s only if you meet the max damage threshold (23M). Otherwise you’ll just slowly fall behind. Admittedly making max damage on Hard is probably not easy since the boss might fall over before you get there.
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    TI can't be alone in running four crew to unlock nodes (that is, once I've reached the top damage reward threshold).

I know there is a strong temptation to maximize individual results but you are actually making it harder for yourself. The earlier that combo's are executed the more combo bonuses you get. As a result, you get more damage per valor. Multiply this affect across all of the active members of a fleet and this can add up to a good amount of valor.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Some good suggestions in The Ready Room for Ships for various levels.

I use either the Dorka with four Non-Conditional Sledgehammers or The Artifact with three Healers and Taco Mayweather.

For The Artifact I usually make the whole time, or close to it, even at Level 8.

With

Reunion Spork
    Dereth
    Mok'Bara Crusher
    Taco

Dereth and Crusher are still low level, do it does not hurt using them in the two Engineering seats and not getting their passives.

Sniped at eight seconds left just now, most Damage I have done in a while.

142o6305lir6.jpg
    qonqgoozzzds.jpg

New Set Up, replacing Crusher with Laborer Kirk. Very consistent, so far. Last three battles were right around 10 million, and I hit 60 Million Total Damage for the first time to clear Indie Rewards.

3okvkqdi09up.jpg
    bngmb7guqdt8.jpg
    gf9uk63nd3f6.jpg

Dorka I use

General Oh
    Killy
    Commandant
    Taco

44m6ca3arwnk.jpg

If you find out what Ships and Crew your Fleet has, maybe can work out good setups for everyone. Or most everyone. If you get a team together that can do Nightmare, then the ones without the great Ships can still get some individual Rewards and now the Fleet Rewards.

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    TI can't be alone in running four crew to unlock nodes (that is, once I've reached the top damage reward threshold).

I know there is a strong temptation to maximize individual results but you are actually making it harder for yourself. The earlier that combo's are executed the more combo bonuses you get. As a result, you get more damage per valor. Multiply this affect across all of the active members of a fleet and this can add up to a good amount of valor.

The problem with that is that I'm in a VERY active, full 50 captain fleet. We are clearing Nightmare in as few as 10 hours. I have a bunch of fleetmates that enjoy node hunting and will spend dilithium to do it. Meanwhile I'm being very frugal with buying valor and I find it tedious to node hunt and maximize damage at the same time. I can get to the top threshold in Nightmare in 4-5 attacks with my A-list FBB crew and can help call out node targets along the way. For the most part, I'm enjoying what I'm doing and I think my fleet likes what I'm doing, so it's a good win-win.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should have mentioned that we're only about 20 actively participating in FBB, of which some are newer players. We like working together on the boss, don't get me wrong, but it would be nice if we could also progress...
  • Options
    Maybe I should have mentioned that we're only about 20 actively participating in FBB, of which some are newer players. We like working together on the boss, don't get me wrong, but it would be nice if we could also progress...

My fleet is in about the same situation as yours. I should finish Level 6 of my Bridge today or tomorrow. I know of a couple others are right about where I am. We're clearing Hard once every 18hrs or so. We aren't in position to tackle Brutal yet, so we'll play Hard until we all hit the wall or nearly so, then we'll start beating our heads on Brutal. I've been crunching numbers for our strategy discussions.

Is Brutal 5 chains at 10% each, so 50% from the nodes?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Brutal is still 4 janes (40 purrcent total), but Nightmare and Ultra are surely 5 janes each.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep forgetting to grab screen shots, but I'm noticing that the damage total shown on the battle summary screen is different than what shows up on the fleet leader board.
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to grab screen shots, but I'm noticing that the damage total shown on the battle summary screen is different than what shows up on the fleet leader board.

Yes. Every time.
  • Options
    I have spent a bit of time crunching numbers and:

At all levels until Nightmare, a full 50-captain fleet mathematically can't all get max damage, even if they deliberately avoid doing chains. At Nightmare and Ultra-Nightmare, on the other hand, you have to clear chains or have some captains go further in the highest tier.

The step up between Hard and Brutal is huge, but it's actually Hard that's the anomaly relative to all the other levels around it. When looked at in terms of either the total Valor needed or the number of captains getting max damage before the boss is destroyed completely, Hard is much lower than the levels on either side of it.
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »

Yes. Every time.

Yeah, I had used up all my Valor and was debating whether I needed to buy a little to make sure I got the Mag I needed, before running errands. Leaderboard said I had enough (16m+), so I figured I'd hold off and buy for the next battle. Came home, battle over and it showing I got just under what I needed point-wise (15.?m). I should have finished Level Six last night. I HATE a liar.
    Since I'm now at the Level Seven wall, I no longer have a reason to buy Valor until we move on to Brutal and that will be closer to November or later. I'll make sure we keep clearing Hard, but I no longer have much incentive for reaching. I'm stockpiling. I'm happy to let other players in my fleet make the big gains. I'll clear nodes. I'll puzzle out solutions. I'll use what I earn daily. I'll tweak my battle crew. I'm not spending extra resources without cause.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    The closest we have come in nightmare is 48% - we got lucky with combo chains (getting 4/5). We are a smallish fleet, with only about 10-20 active players but we're also looking at it from a view of... "An extra 1100 honour every day? Yes please".
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Is there any way to tell who started a FBB?
  • Options
    will you add the ability to see who started the FBB?
  • Options
    ÷ Slayer wrote: »
    will you add the ability to see who started the FBB?

Well, if the problem of anyone randomly doing it is fixed, that addresses the issue. Only admirals and officers will be able to.
  • Options
    not if you have a few rouge officers