Home The Bridge

v6.0.0 Release

Not sure what everyone's thoughts are on the current enhancements coming but for a major version change I must say I am slightly disappointed. Biggest changes appear to be for the Arena which is needed and some enhancements to doubling rewards via ads.

Hopefully this will be just a start of better things to come.

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starbase solution.. finally! And it sounds promising.

Other than that, very underwhelmed so far. But I’ll wait until it hits my store and I’ve applied it, maybe they’ve fixed some of the UI and performance issues?
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The new starbase provides replicator rations? I have thousands of them already.

I think this is meant to be a solution for fleets who have maxed their starbases, to have something to contribute to for their daily chrons.

Depending on when the room is available, It may also helps fleets who only have holoemitters left that they can contribute.

• Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Addition of a new Achievement for Captains choosing a name for themselves!
    I look forward to the 50 merits!

Can I chose "Captain"? :p
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    What are they reffering by choosing a name? I have one of my own allready.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »

I think it is meant to encourage people to change the default name.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    - More rewards from new ad placements (not available on Facebook and Steam):
    Episodes and Distress Calls: watch an ad to double the rewards from an Away mission or a Space battle mission.

@Shan Can you clarify what exactly this means? As I read it right now, I don't understand how this would be different from getting a free warp.

Free warp = Run a previously 3*ed mission for free once = Net effect of +1 mission
    Double reward = Get double rewards for the next mission you run = Net effect of +1 mission

Is the added bonus just the fact that you didn't have to have the mission 3*ed? So it's mainly targeted at newer players who haven't been able to run all missions to completion?
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Please make that filter for the inventory!!!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reclamator is a long-requested option, so this seems good. (I'm with ya, Banjo - I have more rep rations than I know what to do with. But I think it's a fine reward for others.)

The rest is very ship-centric, which is fine (though it ignores some other issues). I am interested to see what the other ship abilities are - I'm assuming it's an add-on to the trifecta of cloak/board/position, but we'll see. Considering I never use position, another option might be fun to play around with.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Addition of a new Achievement for Captains choosing a name for themselves!
    I look forward to the 50 merits!

Can I chose "Captain"? :p

Oh captain, my captain!
    KTz wrote: »

I think it is meant to encourage people to change the default name.

Yes, that is exactly what's going on.
  • - More rewards from new ad placements (not available on Facebook and Steam):
    Episodes and Distress Calls: watch an ad to double the rewards from an Away mission or a Space battle mission.

@Shan Can you clarify what exactly this means? As I read it right now, I don't understand how this would be different from getting a free warp.

Free warp = Run a previously 3*ed mission for free once = Net effect of +1 mission
    Double reward = Get double rewards for the next mission you run = Net effect of +1 mission

Is the added bonus just the fact that you didn't have to have the mission 3*ed? So it's mainly targeted at newer players who haven't been able to run all missions to completion?

Was wondering how this also works with Warp 10
  • - More rewards from new ad placements (not available on Facebook and Steam):

I'm thinking this changes means that you won't be getting anything 100% free. Right now an ad is an "ad-warp" and you don't need to spend any chrons. This seems to imply that you have to pay the chrons but get double the rewards. The net result is that you get the same amount of free stuff but this changes what you have to do to get it as well as adding a cost for doing so.

I hope I am wrong because I see this as a nerf to ad-warps
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming it means that after you complete a mission, there will be a button that says "Ad for 2x Reward" somewhere on the screen. So you would only get it if you use chrons on to run a mission (or maybe it'll pop on a free ad-warp too). I'm sure it'll have a timer, just like the current mechanism.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. A true fix for the ever-expanding-starbase problem is nice but the rest seems middling at best and doesn’t solve the true problems we all face right now.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking this changes means that you won't be getting anything 100% free. Right now an ad is an "ad-warp" and you don't need to spend any chrons. This seems to imply that you have to pay the chrons but get double the rewards. The net result is that you get the same amount of free stuff but this changes what you have to do to get it as well as adding a cost for doing so.

This would not be cool. The whole reason I randomly ad warp is to not use chrons

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added achievements for freezing crew over 350 would have been nice.

Oh well, perhaps next time.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

It will work like this:
    once you have completed the mission/space battle, in the success screen where it shows the items you have received from it, you will have the option to watch an ad to double the amount of said items.

I have asked for additional info and this will be available also when you use Warp 1, but will not be an option when using Warp 10. I will add this to the notes.

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Shan wrote: »

It will work like this:
    once you have completed the mission/space battle, in the success screen where it shows the items you have received from it, you will have the option to watch an ad to double the amount of said items.

I have asked for additional info and this will be available also when you use Warp 1, but will not be an option when using Warp 10. I will add this to the notes.

Is this replacing the current ad warps, or is it an additional feature for using ads on non 3-starred missions?
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    How about upping the odds on Legendary characters dropping.
    Maybe round it out to a nice 2% chance ? Lol.

Or increase the honor for dismissals.?

Or the ability to freeze FE non FF legendary characters.?

Or (partially) restoring Voyages rewards (Chron nerf specifically) ?

Or instead of that add a group of older legendary characters to the voyages prize pool ?

Or a change to your own tos, a player promise that characters won't be nerfed with in 8 months of release and if they are a pre-defined, fair to the player protection plan.

Or Porthos. We all want Porthos in the game.
    [

Is this replacing the current ad warps, or is it an additional feature for using ads on non 3-starred missions?

It is not replacing Warp 1, it will be presented once the mission has succeeded, not when you want to start it.

Pick an away mission/space battle.
    Start it by traveling or use Warp 1.
    Complete the mission/space battle on a success.
    In the success screen chose to watch an ad to double the amount of each item displayed as having been gained from said mission.

4uephkmitcbz.png

Oh that’s cool! Thanks DB! That’s a welcome addition!

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, no.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

It is not replacing Warp 1, it will be presented once the mission has succeeded, not when you want to start it.

In the success screen chose to watch an ad to double the amount of each item displayed as having been gained from said mission.

4uephkmitcbz.png

But the question is: Will we still have the ad-warp option before running a mission? Because if not, the reason for watching an ad every half hour will be gone for me. I won't watch a fraction of the ads. This will lose DB money and I would rather DB was successful.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this might also be related to the thread I started about ad-warps only being available in certain circumstances all of a sudden, such as chronitons or scans, which can't instead be used to warp missions.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

4uephkmitcbz.png

This will be an awesome addition, especially for farming items that are expensive and have a low drop rate, assuming the 2x warp doubles the actual rewards received the first time.
    [

4uephkmitcbz.png

But the question is: Will we still have the ad-warp option before running a mission? Because if not, the reason for watching an ad every half hour will be gone for me. I won't watch a fraction of the ads. This will lose DB money and I would rather DB was successful.

Yes, you can ad warp the mission, then ad warp it again for double the rewards