Home The Bridge

v6.0.0 Release

Comments

• DALE K wrote: »
    So, as far as doing a supply event (Where the chronitons are the limiting factor) . . . a FB. steam or gameroom player competing will be at a handicap?

Yes,
  • FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    do we know , in fact, that there is a limit on the 2x warps like there is on the regular adwarps? I guess I'll be doing a lotta experimenting tommorrow with this and setting timers ROFL

We need A LOT of additional testing and research on these! But it will be worth it.

For the old ad-warps, there is no daily limit, only the 30 mins timer after using one. When I'm not at work, I've got a 30 minute timer running for these all day long, and never ran into a limit. Maybe there was a limit in the past, or it's on other platforms (i use the mobile version on android).

So far, I mostly concentrated on checking what happens to the 30-minute-adwarp when using the double rewards boost:
    When both are available, the 30 minute adwarp is gone after using the reward boost. However, it doesn't get pushed back to 30 minutes, it's less!
    When the 30 minute adwarp is still on cooldown, this cooldown is pushed back as well. My working theory was that the timer gets reset, but now i believe some more timer-watching is needed here.

I haven't investigated at all how the double rewards timer works (and afterwards, how running a 30 minute adwarp affects it), because it's so difficult to watch. You would have to run a 4 chroniton mission every minute to get to the truth.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    DB have increased the levels each room has so has any fleet maxed out all theircurrent rooms? I've seen starbase 109 we're on 86 atm so I don't see any issues in the next 12 months.

Yes, the most recent addition bought them a significant amount of time in starbase expansion. SSR has a Lvl 115 starbase and Starship Trista is pushing 120 based on their fleet thread (they are the most advanced AFAIK).

The cap WILL be hit (eventually). Offering additional replicator rations is certainly better than just a garbage chute, but I would have hoped for a reward a little more relevant to someone who is in a fleet with maxed starbases (i.e...Honor).
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    i have a fleet mate reporting that the 2x warp is also available on dilemmas. anyone else seen that yet? And if so, did it double the same crew or give 2 equal but different * level crew? I think a little guidance from Shan would be helpful here now. We've been begging for more strategey in the game and now it looks like we have gotten some.

"Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    DALE K wrote: »
    So, as far as doing a supply event (Where the chronitons are the limiting factor) . . . a FB. steam or gameroom player competing will be at a handicap?

Yes, and it's a serious handicap. As a newish but very active VIP0 player, using the replicator and these free ad-warps for me is THE way of leveling up crew while still stockpiling enough chronitons to compete for rank 2k+ in galaxy events.

It still pales to the advantage people can buy via microtransactions though - this is an all-out pay-2-win game if I ever saw one!
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • edited September 2018
    My 2x rewards only worked once (initial time I ran one yesterday afternoon). Since then, they have not appeared.

@Shan looks like this needs to get tested again, or was this meant as a one time benefit only?

Edit: of course, an hour after sending this, it starts working. Let me try it again and see if it comes back after 1 hr
  • :checks release notes, hoping but not expecting, and … pessimistic expectation confirmed:

More than two years after they were introduced, we still can't warp Cadet Missions and so we have to keep otherwise useless 2* crew members in our active roster.
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    DB have increased the levels each room has so has any fleet maxed out all theircurrent rooms? I've seen starbase 109 we're on 86 atm so I don't see any issues in the next 12 months.

Yes, the most recent addition bought them a significant amount of time in starbase expansion. SSR has a Lvl 115 starbase and Starship Trista is pushing 120 based on their fleet thread (they are the most advanced AFAIK).

The cap WILL be hit (eventually). Offering additional replicator rations is certainly better than just a garbage chute, but I would have hoped for a reward a little more relevant to someone who is in a fleet with maxed starbases (i.e...Honor).

I'd like to see an extra room that gives +5 crew slots. @Shan
  • Just got my first adwarp, I used it in arena an doubled up on chronitons, credits and the items won.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I correctly understand the timing on the 2x ad-warp vis-a-vis Cadet Challenges, then I should run only 1 cadet per hour, double it, then wait for the 2x to reset. Do I have that right? Honest question.
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • i have a fleet mate reporting that the 2x warp is also available on dilemmas. anyone else seen that yet? And if so, did it double the same crew or give 2 equal but different * level crew? I think a little guidance from Shan would be helpful here now. We've been begging for more strategey in the game and now it looks like we have gotten some.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but how would that even work without a rework of the voyage reward screen?

With regular missions and cadet missions, you get your reward results, and have an option to double them. With a voyage, your reward pops up, and then you just get the "Okay" button. Clicking that takes you back to all your rewards.

For what it's worth, I've run two cadet missions and had an option to double my rewards, and didn't take it yet . I just did a voyage dilemma, and there was no option to double my rewards. I did a third cadet mission to make sure, and I still have the option, so either your fleet mate is pulling your leg, or misunderstands what dilemmas are.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I correctly understand the timing on the 2x ad-warp vis-a-vis Cadet Challenges, then I should run only 1 cadet per hour, double it, then wait for the 2x to reset. Do I have that right? Honest question.
    🖖🏻

That’s what I’m doing for cadet this morning (one every 60-65 minutes). I’ll experiment with if you can run a ad warp in between and see if it changes the 60 minute wait later tonight with cheap chron missions.

• So if I correctly understand the timing on the 2x ad-warp vis-a-vis Cadet Challenges, then I should run only 1 cadet per hour, double it, then wait for the 2x to reset. Do I have that right? Honest question.
    🖖🏻

Yes that's how I'm doing it, I tried to double up on a Dilemma but that didn't work.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubling up cadet mission rewards is something that will really come in handy... although it's fairly broken that the chrons double up too... That's gonna be ridic on Saturday for the credits
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Doubling up cadet mission rewards is something that will really come in handy... although it's fairly broken that the chrons double up too... That's gonna be ridic on Saturday for the credits

And Thursday for shuttle boosts. I get extra tickets so getting 18 cadets in with a 60 minute delay between them will be fun

edited September 2018
    i have a fleet mate reporting that the 2x warp is also available on dilemmas. anyone else seen that yet? And if so, did it double the same crew or give 2 equal but different * level crew? I think a little guidance from Shan would be helpful here now. We've been begging for more strategey in the game and now it looks like we have gotten some.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but how would that even work without a rework of the voyage reward screen?

With regular missions and cadet missions, you get your reward results, and have an option to double them. With a voyage, your reward pops up, and then you just get the "Okay" button. Clicking that takes you back to all your rewards.

For what it's worth, I've run two cadet missions and had an option to double my rewards, and didn't take it yet . I just did a voyage dilemma, and there was no option to double my rewards. I did a third cadet mission to make sure, and I still have the option, so either your fleet mate is pulling your leg, or misunderstands what dilemmas are.

i agree..he was kinda vauge. so that's why I asked in here. But on another note look at this:
    o563p3e2zyg3.png
    If there is no limit to the number of times we can get the buttons then I see a lot of 14 hour 5* crew making thier way onto my roster
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • New feature: now you can dismiss crew for honor from portal screen (on 1x pull at least)
    382j94j7f73s.png
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    New feature: now you can dismiss crew for honor from portal screen (on 1x pull at least)
    382j94j7f73s.png

You beat me to it...this is a big help.
    edited September 2018
    New feature: now you can dismiss crew for honor from portal screen (on 1x pull at least)
    382j94j7f73s.png

one stop shopping....right from the checkout counter to the recycle bin!
  • Well, this may be a problem. And this is on a large iPad screen...

awqca8rzq1k2.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this may be a problem. And this is on a large iPad screen...

awqca8rzq1k2.jpg

Please create a thread for this in Engineering Room with the exact specs of the device you are using.
    Thank you!
  • New feature: now you can dismiss crew for honor from portal screen (on 1x pull at least)
    382j94j7f73s.png

10x pulls too..

7riqt7ilyq4n.png
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Maybe it's just me, but the ships look much crisper/cleaner & better coloring since the update.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    i agree..he was kinda vauge. so that's why I asked in here. But on another note look at this:
    o563p3e2zyg3.png
    If there is no limit to the number of times we can get the buttons then I see a lot of 14 hour 5* crew making thier way onto my roster

I did one free respin. So far, I haven't seen the new buttons come back yet. (technically they would be there then disappear immediately).
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • NivenFres wrote: »
    I did one free respin. So far, I haven't seen the new buttons come back yet. (technically they would be there then disappear immediately).

I also did one free spin. When the button to Free Warp came up on another mission, it did not come back on Dabo.

• NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Rocpile wrote: »
    NivenFres wrote: »

I also did one free spin. When the button to Free Warp came up on another mission, it did not come back on Dabo.

I've gotten the new 2x and regular ad warps since, but still haven't seen either of the new dabo buttons. Right now, I'm thinking it is your choice of one free spin or one free refresh a day with ad.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed that completed starbase rooms that previously were locked by the recommended rooms have been moved to the end. Much cleaner.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just started showing me how many of a particular item I have when I'm creating recipes. That's AWESOME!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    It just started showing me how many of a particular item I have when I'm creating recipes. That's AWESOME!

I noted that in my fleet chat, but then also noted that the number disappeared when I restarted the app. :/

Edit: I was going to mention one other addition which is nice: in the fleet window, it now shows everyone's Captain level right there, overlaid on their avatar (previously you had to click on them to bring up their bridge crew window in order to see that). Just a nice thing to be able to keep track of everyone's progress.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    Edit: I was going to mention one other addition which is nice: in the fleet window, it now shows everyone's Captain level right there, overlaid on their avatar (previously you had to click on them to bring up their bridge crew window in order to see that). Just a nice thing to be able to keep track of everyone's progress.

I noticed this as well and also think that it is nice seeing this information in the fleet list without having to click on the fleet member.

On a side note...I feel like I've been doing nothing but following you around the forums today, clicking "awesome". Don't worry, not a stalker. :p