Home The Bridge

v6.0.0 Release

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roland 359 wrote: »
    It works. And you get double of the exact same rewards you received the first time. Seems to be a choice of ad-warping or double rewards, which seems fair. Think this is a useful tool for resource management, and if you don't like it, you can carry on as if nothing happened. Will need to study further, but my two cents.

Hmm...is it me or does this mechanic smell funny to others as well? It would seem that the use of Warp 10s is going to be disincentivized if an ad could be used to double the exact rewards of a particular Warp 1 result. Especially for those of us who rapidly tap through Warp 1s and may accidentally skip over a particularly juicy reward set, thus causing people to burn more chrons chasing a good item drop.

Maybe I am totally wrong here...I’ll have to see it in action.

It will have no effect on my warping 10, but it may get me to stop every half hour and warp 1 then do the double up. Then back to warp 10. When you’re burning through tens of thousands of chrons in galaxy or skirmish, I actually wish there was a warp 100.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? DB just could have made this room as a dump place to reaching the daily starbase donation goal, without getting any additional „free stuff“ in return.

I'd prefer a place I could dump ANYTHING in my inventory since my only other way to manage it is via the replicator.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? DB just could have made this room as a dump place to reaching the daily starbase donation goal, without getting any additional „free stuff“ in return.

I'd prefer a place I could dump ANYTHING in my inventory since my only other way to manage it is via the replicator.

How about just sorting the replicator in the same order as normal inventory so all the crew specific stuff is at the bottom.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    It works. And you get double of the exact same rewards you received the first time. Seems to be a choice of ad-warping or double rewards, which seems fair. Think this is a useful tool for resource management, and if you don't like it, you can carry on as if nothing happened. Will need to study further, but my two cents.

Hmm...is it me or does this mechanic smell funny to others as well? It would seem that the use of Warp 10s is going to be disincentivized if an ad could be used to double the exact rewards of a particular Warp 1 result. Especially for those of us who rapidly tap through Warp 1s and may accidentally skip over a particularly juicy reward set, thus causing people to burn more chrons chasing a good item drop.

It will have no effect on my warping 10, but it may get me to stop every half hour and warp 1 then do the double up. Then back to warp 10. When you’re burning through tens of thousands of chrons in galaxy or skirmish, I actually wish there was a warp 100.

That makes perfect sense... except I think Warp 10 is the theoretical maximum (unless you go trans warp or slip stream or something) and then the forums would be in an uproar about it being non-canon.😑

That’s a great point. I never thought of it that way

Essentially that’s exactly what this is. Who is desperate for replicator rations? Raise your hands

• New planet found!5ogsgau538yp.png
    New planet found!5ogsgau538yp.png

Way to go! You should get something similar to the first to max for that

• Thanks!! Would be my first in that respect!!! 😃😃😃😃
  • Gah... The next planet from DB should have been Yarefund!
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    New planet found!5ogsgau538yp.png

If you find a new planet, don’t you get the right to name it? Send a ticket in...
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of grayed out planets in my map. How do I visit them?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Who is desperate for replicator rations? Raise your hands

0aadt9kca0uf.gif

I've been consistently running 8-hour+ Voyages for quite a few months now, only have 3 or 4 crew who need to be leveled each week, and I still hardly ever have enough rations. I use schematics for ships I've got maxed, and when those are gone, I use trainers, then Starbase components. Sometimes I do build up a reserve of rations, but it never lasts more than a few days, it seems. But I'm probably replicating bigger items a lot more frequently than you do, I guess.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Who is desperate for replicator rations? Raise your hands

0aadt9kca0uf.gif

I've been consistently running 8-hour+ Voyages for quite a few months now, only have 3 or 4 crew who need to be leveled each week, and I still hardly ever have enough rations. I use schematics for ships I've got maxed, and when those are gone, I use trainers, then Starbase components. Sometimes I do build up a reserve of rations, but it never lasts more than a few days, it seems. But I'm probably replicating bigger items a lot more frequently than you do, I guess.

I’m very surprised to hear this. I do replicate big ticket items but maybe only about once every two weeks or so. Then when I do I first go through my inventory and use all those one off items I will never use, them I go to schematics. I have so much of those I usually stop there but if I need more fuel I will go to the thousands of 3 Star 9 hour time boosts I have or the tens of thousands of trainers I have sitting there.

• Even small items times 8 a day burn up your replicators. I do mostly green faction and some blues that take multiple faction items like champagne.

Would make bigger things but limited on credits so I build what I can.

I am using my ship pile right now, can't keep rations more then the day. I don't always get them in voyages.
  • Are we sure Maranga is the new planet? I haven’t updated yet, and Maranga is there on my old version. Unless, you can travel to it after the update to 6.0?

dvxfen3xzzy3.png

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Is the new planet just for decoration?
    Are we sure Maranga is the new planet? I haven’t updated yet, and Maranga is there on my old version. Unless, you can travel to it after the update to 6.0?

dvxfen3xzzy3.png

Yeah actually, I checked the locations wiki and it is in there. Last update to that page: Dec 10, 2017.

So I don’t think we have a winner yet.
  • Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Are we sure Maranga is the new planet? I haven’t updated yet, and Maranga is there on my old version. Unless, you can travel to it after the update to 6.0?

dvxfen3xzzy3.png

Yeah actually, I checked the locations wiki and it is in there. Last update to that page: Dec 10, 2017.

To the best of my knowledge, You can’t travel to those. You also can’t travel to anything “undiscovered”.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • We have discovered that the 2x ad warp is availalbe on Cadet missions, so those of you who farm boosts on thursdays.....

Am I blind? I'm not seeing 2x ad warp anywhere for cadet missions. You can't warp 1 then in the first place...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes perfect sense... except I think Warp 10 is the theoretical maximum (unless you go trans warp or slip stream or something) and then the forums would be in an uproar about it being non-canon.😑

Instead of “Warp 100” they could call it “Transwarp 100” or “Quantum Singularity 100.” Although it still wouldn’t be accurate it could defuse complaints.
  • n4si3cqgfnsb.png
    Oh well!! It was exciting for a few minutes. False alarm. New planet will not appear until after 9/11 update! Sorry folks for the false alarm. 😢
  • Still no update on iOS.....
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    Still no update on iOS.....

Yeah. Boo.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »

dvxfen3xzzy3.png

To the best of my knowledge, You can’t travel to those. You also can’t travel to anything “undiscovered”.

Yeah, I've always found not being able to travel somewhere "undiscovered" very strange. Isn't that the opposite of the Star Trek ideal? :D
    PenguinJim wrote: »

dvxfen3xzzy3.png

Yeah, I've always found not being able to travel somewhere "undiscovered" very strange. Isn't that the opposite of the Star Trek ideal? :D

To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before
  • Cam Taliis wrote: »

Yeah. Boo.

Just got it on iOS. Should be available, at least in Canada.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Boo.

Just got it on iOS. Should be available, at least in Canada.

Ummm... I got a big fat zip still... maybe Nanuvet on a different App Store server 😝
    Refreshed the App Store and I see the update now as well. (Dutch App Store, currently in Thailand timezone).