Home The Bridge

v6.0.0 Release

Comments

• {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please correct me if I’m wrong, because that’s entirely possible, but doesn’t this sort of defeat the purpose of warp 10?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    [

Is this replacing the current ad warps, or is it an additional feature for using ads on non 3-starred missions?

It is not replacing Warp 1, it will be presented once the mission has succeeded, not when you want to start it.

Pick an away mission/space battle.
    Start it by traveling or use Warp 1.
    Complete the mission/space battle on a success.
    In the success screen chose to watch an ad to double the amount of each item displayed as having been gained from said mission.

4uephkmitcbz.png

But the question is: Will we still have the ad-warp option before running a mission? Because if not, the reason for watching an ad every half hour will be gone for me. I won't watch a fraction of the ads. This will lose DB money and I would rather DB was successful.

Yes, you can ad warp the mission, then ad warp it again for double the rewards

*If* that is the case, then it is absolutely wonderful and DB should be praised.

I truly hope you are right.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

Is this replacing the current ad warps, or is it an additional feature for using ads on non 3-starred missions?

It is not replacing Warp 1, it will be presented once the mission has succeeded, not when you want to start it.

Pick an away mission/space battle.
    Start it by traveling or use Warp 1.
    Complete the mission/space battle on a success.
    In the success screen chose to watch an ad to double the amount of each item displayed as having been gained from said mission.

4uephkmitcbz.png

But the question is: Will we still have the ad-warp option before running a mission? Because if not, the reason for watching an ad every half hour will be gone for me. I won't watch a fraction of the ads. This will lose DB money and I would rather DB was successful.

Yes, you can ad warp the mission, then ad warp it again for double the rewards

I’m not sure about that. There is a cool down period of like half an hour between ad warps so likely if you add warp the mission, it won’t give you the option to ad warp double the rewards.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just happy if it is an addition instead of a replacement.
  • Please correct me if I’m wrong, because that’s entirely possible, but doesn’t this sort of defeat the purpose of warp 10?

No for galaxy and skirmish events it still is beneficial to have warp 10 to help get large quantities of items.

If you are simply trying to level a crew member and need some high cost component it may be better now to do a single warp.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, you may be right. I just read it again. Thought it said you could use ad warp but it said by using warp 1. I may stand corrected here.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    Please correct me if I’m wrong, because that’s entirely possible, but doesn’t this sort of defeat the purpose of warp 10?

No for galaxy and skirmish events it still is beneficial to have warp 10 to help get large quantities of items.

If you are simply trying to level a crew member and need some high cost component it may be better now to do a single warp.

But I haven’t used a warp 1 in like 6 months with the exception of ad warps.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Guesses on the new planet? I'm thinking something for the Hirogen.
    Intentionally Left Blank
    Flemming wrote: »

If it’s the rogue planet from Enterprise it will be really hard to find
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    - More rewards from new ad placements (not available on Facebook and Steam):
    Episodes and Distress Calls: watch an ad to double the rewards from an Away mission or a Space battle mission.

@Shan Can you clarify what exactly this means? As I read it right now, I don't understand how this would be different from getting a free warp.

Free warp = Run a previously 3*ed mission for free once = Net effect of +1 mission
    Double reward = Get double rewards for the next mission you run = Net effect of +1 mission

Is the added bonus just the fact that you didn't have to have the mission 3*ed? So it's mainly targeted at newer players who haven't been able to run all missions to completion?

It will work like this:
    once you have completed the mission/space battle, in the success screen where it shows the items you have received from it, you will have the option to watch an ad to double the amount of said items.

I have asked for additional info and this will be available also when you use Warp 1, but will not be an option when using Warp 10. I will add this to the notes.

Will it be a repeat of what you got the first time(so doubling the items), or a re-roll to get a new set of random items like a warp 1?
  • Captain Sisko [AA]Captain Sisko [AA] ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Thank you for the screen shot. So if we were trying to get 2x rare drops (like a 4* component) we could run missions until we got the rare drop, then run the ad warp to duplicate those rewards?

Does seem like it could be useful.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    This will be an awesome addition, especially for farming items that are expensive and have a low drop rate, assuming the 2x warp doubles the actual rewards received the first time.

I hope this will really work as Shan has pointed out.

I'm fully expecting that it would work like the Double Rewards shuttles do now. You would receive the rewards of 2x Warp 1 runs, rather than an exact duplicate of the rewards received on the first run.

If it really is a duplicate of the items from the first drop, that is definitely welcome news, and my alt account will enjoy this immensely!
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    We have discovered that the 2x ad warp is availalbe on Cadet missions, so those of you who farm boosts on thursdays.....
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    We have discovered that the 2x ad warp is avaialbe on Cadet missions, so those of you who farm boosts on thursdays.....

I was thinking of starting a pool on when someone would finally post this.
    We have discovered that the 2x ad warp is avaialbe on Cadet missions, so those of you who farm boosts on thursdays.....

Woah! That rocks!
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

I was thinking of starting a pool on when someone would finally post this.

That and when iOS will get the update.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    ah to the kindle on Sundays!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • It works. And you get double of the exact same rewards you received the first time. Seems to be a choice of ad-warping or double rewards, which seems fair. Think this is a useful tool for resource management, and if you don't like it, you can carry on as if nothing happened. Will need to study further, but my two cents.
  • Roland 359 wrote: »
    It works. And you get double of the exact same rewards you received the first time. Seems to be a choice of ad-warping or double rewards, which seems fair. Think this is a useful tool for resource management, and if you don't like it, you can carry on as if nothing happened. Will need to study further, but my two cents.

Is there a timer cooldown beyond the current 3min on cadets? If so the usual 30min will take 2.5hrs to do the 6 cadets
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The new starbase provides replicator rations? I have thousands of them already.
    Me too. Now if you could donate to get extra replicator uses that day, that would be different.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roland 359 wrote: »
    It works. And you get double of the exact same rewards you received the first time. Seems to be a choice of ad-warping or double rewards, which seems fair. Think this is a useful tool for resource management, and if you don't like it, you can carry on as if nothing happened. Will need to study further, but my two cents.

Hmm...is it me or does this mechanic smell funny to others as well? It would seem that the use of Warp 10s is going to be disincentivized if an ad could be used to double the exact rewards of a particular Warp 1 result. Especially for those of us who rapidly tap through Warp 1s and may accidentally skip over a particularly juicy reward set, thus causing people to burn more chrons chasing a good item drop.

Maybe I am totally wrong here...I’ll have to see it in action.
    Me too. Now if you could donate to get extra replicator uses that day, that would be different.

Or credits...
    Roland 359 wrote: »

Hmm...is it me or does this mechanic smell funny to others as well? It would seem that the use of Warp 10s is going to be disincentivized if an ad could be used to double the exact rewards of a particular Warp 1 result. Especially for those of us who rapidly tap through Warp 1s and may accidentally skip over a particularly juicy reward set, thus causing people to burn more chrons chasing a good item drop.

It’s going to reward people for spending time in the game and watching ads. If you don’t want the extra rewards you can warp ten and skip the ads and be no worse off than you are now , meanwhile those who do can contribute to DB’s bottom line without spending cash.
  • Roland 359 wrote: »

But I believe the 2x rewards is limited to once every 30 mins/hour or something like current adwarps. So it's just another tool in your toolbox. Can't see how it would really stop me from using warp10 more than once in a while. And Adwarps already do that.

I already have a near limitless supply of Rep Rations thanks to (pre-nerf) Voyages, so this part seems only intended for the newer players. I have so many replicator uses per day I sometimes forget to use them all. And when I really need them, I am low on credits. Rations...meh.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    edited September 2018

I already have a near limitless supply of Rep Rations thanks to (pre-nerf) Voyages, so this part seems only intended for the newer players. I have so many replicator uses per day I sometimes forget to use them all. And when I really need them, I am low on credits. Rations...meh.

The conversion room is probably meant for players in fleets with maxed out starbases once that occurs so they have have something count toward their fleet goal to get the 100 chrons daily.

There was literally a thread once every few months asking for this exact room only without giving you replicator rations in return, but just a place to dump the items to count toward the fleet goal.
  • Flemming wrote: »

I'm hoping it's the planet that stole Wesley in TNG S1 - maybe this time they'll keep the smegger!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • I think it might be Gorn.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, since the only real use is if you can't donate to another starbase room
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm all for keeping the donations flowing but it would be nice if I had something to actually spend my items and rations on. Its not possible for me to run out of things to toss into the replicator.
    784teatbo050.png
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Really? DB just could have made this room as a dump place to reaching the daily starbase donation goal, without getting any additional „free stuff“ in return.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•