Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: A Valdore Too Far - 09/13

Comments

• I love the communication, I very clearly understand its meaning and very much appreciate that STT is listening and letting things be for now until we're able to save crew selection per skirmish battle.

This is a huge win last-minute fix to me, and am VERY appreciative that we'll have another wonderful skirmish to look forward to. Even though I don't have event crew, I'm still very much looking forward to it and will rapidly level up the threshold crew to participate with enthusiasm.
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    My takeaway from all this, it seems now that we are North of 600 crew there is strong interest in the community for some tools to make it easier to find the crew you want for battlestations. I personally think that was a bit of an excuse because even if you could swap out crew in under 10 seconds the added steps would add up to enough time that the angry folks would still be angry, but I do think the desire to find crew faster is genuine and a good thing to bring back to the development team for their version 7.0 user stories.
  • Wundigore wrote: »
    My takeaway from all this, it seems now that we are North of 600 crew there is strong interest in the community for some tools to make it easier to find the crew you want for battlestations. I personally think that was a bit of an excuse because even if you could swap out crew in under 10 seconds the added steps would add up to enough time that the angry folks would still be angry, but I do think the desire to find crew faster is genuine and a good thing to bring back to the development team for their version 7.0 user stories.

I know there are a lot of messages to read, but hopefully you read mine. We're not just asking for the user interface improvement (though that's a big request), but ALSO that once we've selected the crew for a specific battle, it's SAVED and you don't need to rearrange crew for every skirmish.

Personally even if the UI improvement took longer, saving the crew per battle would be a fine solution from my perspective.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Bonus Reward at the conclusion of the battle match the Small, Medium, Large VP Bonus that event/secondary/trait crew match?

Yes.

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulled once, got Donatra.

I'm happy with that.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vash 2 skill DIP/SEC
    We'll see the stats but it's unlikely I go at that
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    af68nlcrwor9.jpeg
    qbrgsz67ymak.jpeg
  • Are Commander Donatra's stats for real??

Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 580 (213-586), DIP 303 (60-178), SEC 434 (191-463)

Her main skill, CMD, is abysmal, even with a 586 proficiency roll...
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Another two really bad characters. Donatra could be useful for Gauntlet for newbies, she is a hell lot of weaker version of Admiral Riker. If only her DIP proficiency was around 400 she would be kind of useful.
    Vash is completely useless, two skill with very bad FF stats. I have several 4* stars with DIP base similar to hers. Her 1/5 or 2/5 stats are complete trash.

Kai-free Spock, another old character so I can't be mad about his stats I am just happy because I can FF him. If he wasn't Spock from one of the most famous moments (TA TA TATA TA ATTATATA MUSIC) I would airlock him immediately.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'll be using my free 4* citation for Donatra, and going threshold-and-out, since I have Spock immortalized.

Vash is terrible, and we're not even getting enough schematics to build the new 5* ship (not that it would be useful at 1/10 anyway, aside from being able to fly around in it).
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I'll be using my free 4* citation for Donatra, and going threshold-and-out, since I have Spock immortalized.

Vash is terrible, and we're not even getting enough schematics to build the new 5* ship (not that it would be useful at 1/10 anyway, aside from being able to fly around in it).

Hopefully we’ll get some schems in the mail today so we can 1/10 it like we did for the last two.
  • Wundigore wrote: »

I know there are a lot of messages to read, but hopefully you read mine. We're not just asking for the user interface improvement (though that's a big request), but ALSO that once we've selected the crew for a specific battle, it's SAVED and you don't need to rearrange crew for every skirmish.

Personally even if the UI improvement took longer, saving the crew per battle would be a fine solution from my perspective.

Read them all. Just an oversight on my part. That would be a bigger improvement even than a search tool. Fair point.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man the stats on these characters... I'm still going to play just because Skirmishes let you farm so many resources through ship battles, but I certainly don't care what rank I get
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Oh man the stats on these characters... I'm still going to play just because Skirmishes let you farm so many resources through ship battles, but I certainly don't care what rank I get

Yes and Yes, farm and let the chips fall where they may lol
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Donatra have a useful ship battle ability?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Attack speed +20%
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

bnbr64byly8v.jpeg
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Attack speed +20%

Nope, that’s Maid Marian. Donatra has no bonus ability, just charge phases for Attack boost.
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a new 2*?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Attack speed +20%

Nope, that’s Maid Marian. Donatra has no bonus ability, just charge phases for Attack boost.
    🖖🏻

Right, sorry my bad!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

bnbr64byly8v.jpeg

Wow, that's pretty terrible. She has no real value then except for collections.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Pulled once, got Donatra.

I'm happy with that.

I did the same and got the same. The stats for Vash are mediocre for a 2 skill crew and Dip/Sec isn't a rare combo. I'll be happy to get her for top 1,000 and don't really need her during the event.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This will be an interesting event for me. This is the first event that I'll be doing since FEing all my crew. I have no one left to work on so I guess I'll be farming purely for drops for the next Galaxy event. I don't normally try for top 1,000 on full galaxy events, but if I can get enough inventory, I might do it. :)
  • The new Vash is hot garbage :D Snagged her from a pack, kind of wish I had the money back.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, silver lining in the hurricane coming my way, if I lose power I am not missing out on any worthwhile cards this week.......thresholds and out if power holds, if not, oh well :smile:

Stay safe!
  • Well, silver lining in the hurricane coming my way, if I lose power I am not missing out on any worthwhile cards this week.......thresholds and out if power holds, if not, oh well :smile:

I hope you keep safe in the coming storm.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Everyone have a safe week that is impacted by the storm. We do not even know if it is headed for us, now. I think it turned AGAIN
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."