Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: A Valdore Too Far - 09/13

Comments

• Wundigore wrote: »
    My takeaway from all this, it seems now that we are North of 600 crew there is strong interest in the community for some tools to make it easier to find the crew you want for battlestations. I personally think that was a bit of an excuse because even if you could swap out crew in under 10 seconds the added steps would add up to enough time that the angry folks would still be angry, but I do think the desire to find crew faster is genuine and a good thing to bring back to the development team for their version 7.0 user stories.

I know there are a lot of messages to read, but hopefully you read mine. We're not just asking for the user interface improvement (though that's a big request), but ALSO that once we've selected the crew for a specific battle, it's SAVED and you don't need to rearrange crew for every skirmish.

Personally even if the UI improvement took longer, saving the crew per battle would be a fine solution from my perspective.

Saving crew per battle will be excellent feature for people using automation on skirmish events ...
    Probably this is one of reason they do not improve selection interface ...
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    I'll be using my free 4* citation for Donatra, and going threshold-and-out, since I have Spock immortalized.

Vash is terrible, and we're not even getting enough schematics to build the new 5* ship (not that it would be useful at 1/10 anyway, aside from being able to fly around in it).

Hopefully we’ll get some schems in the mail today so we can 1/10 it like we did for the last two.

You really thought we would get 5* schems in mail again? It obviously was a mistake last time. We are not supposed to build the ship 1/10 without buying packs. *sigh*
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    ELiL wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I'll be using my free 4* citation for Donatra, and going threshold-and-out, since I have Spock immortalized.

Vash is terrible, and we're not even getting enough schematics to build the new 5* ship (not that it would be useful at 1/10 anyway, aside from being able to fly around in it).

Hopefully we’ll get some schems in the mail today so we can 1/10 it like we did for the last two.

You really thought we would get 5* schems in mail again? It obviously was a mistake last time. We are not supposed to build the ship 1/10 without buying packs. *sigh*

That is just utterly disappointing. It's not like you can use a level 1 ship for anything other than aesthetics. The fact that we're given 575 when you need 600 is a punch to the gut.

You vastly overestimate the pain of a punch in the gut.
  • RennJaxo wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »
    Vash 2 skill DIP/SEC
    We'll see the stats but it's unlikely I go at that

Why not give her SCI as well? The three-star version has it, and this one still has Exoarchaeology as a trait.

I really expected her to have SCI, It not like she went with Q to explore the Gamma Quadrant..... well pilfer
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I still have 75 of those schems. Not sure how or why...

You are right. Maybe the in mail is not the 5 Star normally?
    Or they up the reward on threshold?

They normally leave us 25 schematics short of a 1/10 5* ship. This time they sent us an extra 100 schematics hence the 75 left over. But as it is the mail with Polywater nerf, I’m assuming it’s a one off “apology” and not a new thing and expect them to leave us 24 short the next skirmish event again.

I don’t think they were an apology, I think it was a new pre-event gift from DB a la transmissions before a Faction event or chrons before a Galaxy event. I don’t remember what that gift was (if anything) for the previous Skirmish events, however.

I almost think I prefer not getting them, because my innate desire to not see action indicators means I built it at level 1 and now have yet another ship clogging my voyage ship selection screen. Ugh.

Well you got your wish... looks like last skirmish was a one off...
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder why the starfleet communications on event character stats say Maid Vash instead of Maid Marian...
  • mejoyh wrote: »
    Wonder why the starfleet communications on event character stats say Maid Vash instead of Maid Marian...

I was just going to ask that very thing – you beat me to it.

@Shan ??
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I still have 75 of those schems. Not sure how or why...

You are right. Maybe the in mail is not the 5 Star normally?
    Or they up the reward on threshold?

They normally leave us 25 schematics short of a 1/10 5* ship. This time they sent us an extra 100 schematics hence the 75 left over. But as it is the mail with Polywater nerf, I’m assuming it’s a one off “apology” and not a new thing and expect them to leave us 24 short the next skirmish event again.

I don’t think they were an apology, I think it was a new pre-event gift from DB a la transmissions before a Faction event or chrons before a Galaxy event. I don’t remember what that gift was (if anything) for the previous Skirmish events, however.

I almost think I prefer not getting them, because my innate desire to not see action indicators means I built it at level 1 and now have yet another ship clogging my voyage ship selection screen. Ugh.

Well you got your wish... looks like last skirmish was a one off...

Yep. I’d say I would be worried about accidentally using the 575 schematics in the replicator but that’s what rep rats and nanopolymers are for these days.
  • mejoyh wrote: »

The early announced names often don't match the final in-game name. Before his untimely demise, Nod mentioned long ago that most staff called Jazz Musician Odo "Tux Odo" internally; I took that example to indicate that the informal short names just frequently slip through to pre-release communications.
  • Never seen a double event crew pull. I know in the 99 offer I pulled 8 Spock and 2 donotras. So in a single pack you bested a deal lol.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened the first time ever, sadly when i only wanted the Romulan. Just wished it would had happen for any other event/legendary.

The game is mocking me at times. :s:D

nrjdxkqzl3m3.jpeg

These seem to be happening for people pretty often lately. {I think the first I saw on the Forums was Leonardo x2.} And, now someone has gotten THREE of the new 4*. I usually only get multiple Voriks.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • In the event description it says there will we community rewards in phase two, but last skirmish event there weren't any, if i am not mistaken. Will there be or not?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the event description it says there will we community rewards in phase two, but last skirmish event there weren't any, if i am not mistaken. Will there be or not?

Here is a link to this event’s official description in Starfleet Communications:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11246/skirmish-event-notes-a-valdore-too-far-edit-3-18-pm-et#latest

Short answer: No community rewards.
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely lackluster event crew. Ho hum. I guess I'll play to stock up on holoemitters.
  • Completely lackluster event crew. Ho hum. I guess I'll play to stock up on holoemitters.

Yeah, this is a purely honor and holoemitter farming event participation for me. I will probably finish in the top 500 and do not care at all about anything I’ll win for it.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking this will be the first event I skip in a long while. Not grinding to get the lackluster Vash, and I've got enough 3/4* crew sitting around taking up space from other events.
  • The new Vash is hot garbage :D Snagged her from a pack, kind of wish I had the money back.

Me too. Will do the $9.99 deal for Dontara so I can freeze her. Watch me pull another one from the pack that comes with her.
  • Wundigore wrote: »
    The new Vash is hot garbage :D Snagged her from a pack, kind of wish I had the money back.

Me too. Will do the $9.99 deal for Dontara so I can freeze her. Watch me pull another one from the pack that comes with her.

Maybe we'll be able to use her in 1-3 years when they do another Vash event. I still won't have added any more stars to her.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a great connection, it's like 100 mpbs couldn't connect properly for the event!! It was always ''connecting with Starfleet'' and blaming my connection lmao.
  • S31 wrote: »
    I have a great connection, it's like 100 mpbs couldn't connect properly for the event!! It was always ''connecting with Starfleet'' and blaming my connection lmao.

Which platform are you playing on?
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Foo wrote: »
    S31 wrote: »

Which platform are you playing on?

Both Android and Steam but I was playing on Android.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me, or does this event seem easier than the previous ones?
  • Is it me, or does this event seem easier than the previous ones?

That has been my experience, wasn't sure if it was just that I was prepared and more experienced as to how to beat the skirmish AI. But figured out how to kill quickly and efficiently right away. The last skirmishes, there was always one ship that was a potential banana peel.
  • At the risk of beating a dead horse, does using event crew guarantee the potential for max rewards (chrons, honor, credits, intel,) or do we have to match the specific battle traits? I know event crew means max VP.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, does using event crew guarantee the potential for max rewards (chrons, honor, credits, intel,) or do we have to match the specific battle traits? I know event crew means max VP.

See recent ingame messages from DB.