Home Make It So!
Options

What changes would YOU suggest to improve the game?

Comments

• Options
    The game's chat function needs help! Why is it that so many posts are not posting in chat? Especially in a fleet, we need better ways to communicate among us. If I post a message for someone who's offline for a few hours, will they get it? Often I'm told no. That stinks! Or what about the countless times when I type a message to someone in chat and hit enter, only to see the message to disappear? Frustrating doesn't even BEGIN to cover how THAT one feels!

OMG, The in game CHAT is utter crud, and that's me being polite, seriously I don't want to start chatting on stupid facebook. This week has been especially 1st grade HORRIBLE I have sent messages that I then can't see, my shipmates have sent messages that then they cant see, what in Hades is it with this chat system? Why on earth is it so appalling? Its been like this for what seems like years to say one is frustrated is an understatement, I personally am angry, how on earth am I supposed to help newbies that want to talk about problems ect?
    So PLEASE repair this function or REPLACE it with something else, its utterly horrible.
    Thank you.
    The Maryland Fleet need YOU, come and join us!
    We are rushing headlong into the abyss...................but we will have a blast whilst doing it,
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The game's chat function needs help! Why is it that so many posts are not posting in chat? Especially in a fleet, we need better ways to communicate among us. If I post a message for someone who's offline for a few hours, will they get it? Often I'm told no. That stinks! Or what about the countless times when I type a message to someone in chat and hit enter, only to see the message to disappear? Frustrating doesn't even BEGIN to cover how THAT one feels!

OMG, The in game CHAT is utter crud, and that's me being polite, seriously I don't want to start chatting on stupid facebook. This week has been especially 1st grade HORRIBLE I have sent messages that I then can't see, my shipmates have sent messages that then they cant see, what in Hades is it with this chat system? Why on earth is it so appalling? Its been like this for what seems like years to say one is frustrated is an understatement, I personally am angry, how on earth am I supposed to help newbies that want to talk about problems ect?
    So PLEASE repair this function or REPLACE it with something else, its utterly horrible.
    Thank you.

Yeah, it's been terrible since its inception.

So (even though at first I really wasn't on board with it, so it took a while for me to be convinced) I'm so glad now to have been using an external chat client for the past several years with our fleet, and everyone else is glad to have it, too — both newbies and veterans. Discord or LINE are the two most popular choices (we use the latter).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one of the very first things that came to my mind about this game - there need to be more more options for crew management! Hearts are not enough, after the crew grows a bit bigger it gets really hard to manage and remember it all. I was thinking about creating custom collections in the drop-down menu, but the heart idea is great too!
    There really needs to be a 'dismiss crew' option for voyage rewards please

Another thing just came to my mind that would make managing the crew much easier I think - on option to sort crew by time added from the drop-down menu. It would make finding (and possibly dismissing new duplicates) much easier. Also, if one is working with spreadsheets, finding new crew to add to the sheet would be much easier. Right now if I don't add new crew to a spreadsheet immediately, I have to go through all the crew and try to remember which ones are new.

I found myself a quite good workaround for this. Crew I want to keep I level up to at least lvl 2, then I sort the crew by level. New voyage loot crew is at the bottom this way.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found myself a quite good workaround for this. Crew I want to keep I level up to at least lvl 2, then I sort the crew by level. New voyage loot crew is at the bottom this way.

This is what I do, as well — even though it's only a handful of crew, like Kathryn+Tom for making additional copies of Evolved Janeway, it insures easier dismissing of junk crew.

• Options
    For the dabo wheel daily ad spin, instead of each player having their own personal 24 hour timer, I'd like to see a single global timer that resets at the same time as the rest of the wheel. That way, you can sign in at any time of the day and use all your spins for the day, without needing to worry about your own timer creeping back if you miss the exact 24 hour mark from the previous day.

YES please! I actually wrote a ticket about the exact same thing just a few days go.
  • Options
    I love this game and it’s fun as it is, but a few things is frustrating to a varying degree. Got a few suggestions, probably all or mostly mentioned by other people.

Would like our Admiral to have more available info and tools, though. They affect all of us, being a fleet together. The more tools and info, our great admiral has, the better. Then our admiral can serve the fleet even better :)

My wish list, top 5:

1. Squadrons. Admiral should at least be able to move squadron leader to another player, or disband a squadron. Renaming squadrons, would be nice.

Personally, I would be ok with an admiral moving us around too. It would also be easier for all of us, if it’s practical with squad rotation.

2. More control of the rooms in the starbase for the admiral. Like moving holoemitters or locking rooms to put them in.

Hey, if it works better that way; a ticket to buy for anyone in the fleet?
    I don’t consider the refresh for dilithium myself; since I will run out of holoemitters within days anyways. Like with after a good skirmish

3. A log for donations, or like in the menu with daily targets? Doesn’t have to be specific, just nice to see who is pulling their weight, for at least mid/high level players? (Unless there has been some improvements, I’m not aware of?)

4. Better in game chat, as mentioned by a lot of people.

Someone started a discussion about the chat system, so I’ll rather probably join that later, instead of getting into details here.

5. Join date for members, or just how long people have been members. Set a cap on it, by just having the highest category be over x months or a year, if that’s better? (Easier to keep track of players, for all of us)

• Options
    Automate the skirmishes SOMEHOW.
    Make it possible to do multiple skirmishes at once. For example if one skirmish costs 1200 intel, and I have 10k, let me enter a skirmish for 8x (or however much I want) 1200 intel, do the five battles and get 8x the rewards.
    Or just make it warp-able. I get it that each battle you can change crew get different bonus etc etc, but actually does anyone really pick new crew for every battle? Even if so, the crew for each battle stays same throughout the skirmishes, and it's just endless hours of clicking the same thing over and over in five exact same battles over and over again. I could train my dog to do that and it wouldn't be worse than any of you. At the moment the skirmish is nothing but a competition of who has more time to waste, and I don't think anyone actually enjoys the endless clicking just to get through the exact same battle hundreds of times.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it possible to do multiple skirmishes at once. For example if one skirmish costs 1200 intel, and I have 10k, let me enter a skirmish for 8x (or however much I want) 1200 intel, do the five battles and get 8x the rewards.
    Or just make it warp-able. I get it that each battle you can change crew get different bonus etc etc, but actually does anyone really pick new crew for every battle? Even if so, the crew for each battle stays same throughout the skirmishes, and it's just endless hours of clicking the same thing over and over in five exact same battles over and over again. I could train my dog to do that and it wouldn't be worse than any of you. At the moment the skirmish is nothing but a competition of who has more time to waste, and I don't think anyone actually enjoys the endless clicking just to get through the exact same battle hundreds of times.

Your solution wouldn't do anything but get folks to the threshold rewards faster. The competition for the ranked rewards would still come down to time spent. And the entire concept sort of negates what an event is supposed to be all about, anyway — competing with your fellow players (which, of course, involves time and effort). Warping cadet challenges and galaxy map missions is one thing, as those are mainly not part of any competition (one could argue that the latter contributes to speeding up Galaxy events, but you still do have to put in the time to build the recipes).

With respect, your suggestion would be akin to being able to send out 100 shuttles at a time (which instantly return) for Faction events, building as many Galaxy event recipe cards as you're able to build all at once if you have all the sub-items, or warping the missions in Expedition events (which, frankly, might make me actually want to play them, but again, would be antithetical to the entire point of them in the first place).

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Your solution wouldn't do anything but get folks to the threshold rewards faster. The competition for the ranked rewards would still come down to time spent. And the entire concept sort of negates what an event is supposed to be all about, anyway — competing with your fellow players (which, of course, involves time and effort). Warping cadet challenges and galaxy map missions is one thing, as those are mainly not part of any competition (one could argue that the latter contributes to speeding up Galaxy events, but you still do have to put in the time to build the recipes).

With respect, your suggestion would be akin to being able to send out 100 shuttles at a time (which instantly return) for Faction events, building as many Galaxy event recipe cards as you're able to build all at once if you have all the sub-items, or warping the missions in Expedition events (which, frankly, might make me actually want to play them, but again, would be antithetical to the entire point of them in the first place).

Nothing would change for those competing for rank, other than the fact that the scores would be increased by whatever the maximum allowed multiplier is.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Data1001 wrote: »
    And the entire concept sort of negates what an event is supposed to be all about, anyway — competing with your fellow players (which, of course, involves time and effort).
    (...)

I understand spending time on a competition if the time is spent on an actual gameplay. In galaxy you have to make components (with warp!) and choose boosts and crew (I think it wouldn't hurt to be able to make many same recipies at once tho if resources allow). In shuttles you have to optimise crew and boosts (not to mention it's only every 3 hours) AND you are in fact able to send instant shuttles if you have boosts! Nothing stops you from sending hundreds of instants shuttles if only you have resources and time to do that. Skirmish is just really mindless clicking. You say a competition needs effort. I agree. But this is not effort, it has nothing to do with your skill in game or your crew etc. A competition of who has more time to mindlessly click a button is no competition at all in my eyes. It's boring and tedious.

I am not saying my suggestions are perfect or the only way to go, they're merely some ideas that I was able to come up with as a player. But skirmishes are definitely not perfect and there must be something that can be done to improve them.

I was thinking to automate them, but maybe that's really the wrong way to go. How about making them more interesting and complicated instead? For example instead of fighting exact same 5 ship battles, make a pool of various battles and randomly choose five of them for a skirmish? Or make the difficulty go up with wins and down with loses, like with shuttle missions?
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have said it other threads. I would like to be able to redistribute items in the Star Base. Or, as I think @Bylo Band pointed out, close off rooms in the Star Base from donations. Yes, you can “suggest” rooms, but not everyone necessarily pays attention to that...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I love this game and it’s fun as it is, but a few things is frustrating to a varying degree. Got a few suggestions, probably all or mostly mentioned by other people.

Would like our Admiral to have more available info and tools, though. They affect all of us, being a fleet together. The more tools and info, our great admiral has, the better. Then our admiral can serve the fleet even better :)

My wish list, top 5:

1. Squadrons. Admiral should at least be able to move squadron leader to another player, or disband a squadron. Renaming squadrons, would be nice.

Personally, I would be ok with an admiral moving us around too. It would also be easier for all of us, if it’s practical with squad rotation.

2. More control of the rooms in the starbase for the admiral. Like moving holoemitters or locking rooms to put them in.

I don’t consider the refresh for dilithium myself; since I will run out of holoemitters within days anyways. Like with after a good skirmish

3. A log for donations, or like in the menu with daily targets? Doesn’t have to be specific, just nice to see who is pulling their weight, for at least mid/high level players? (Unless there has been some improvements, I’m not aware of?)

Someone started a discussion about the chat system, so I’ll rather probably join that later, instead of getting into details here.

5. Join date for members, or just how long people have been members. Set a cap on it, by just having the highest category be over x months or a year, if that’s better? (Easier to keep track of players, for all of us)

Oh my GOD,...yes please to all that!
    I really believe that Admirals should see who is donating, I am sick to death of reminding crew to donate, and finding that it is so obvious that many are not, yet of course when donations go in these crew get the benefits pf others hard work, its so damn annoying.
    Disbanding squadrons, yep.. renaming.. YES PLEASE.
    Thanks Space Ocelot!
    The Maryland Fleet need YOU, come and join us!
    We are rushing headlong into the abyss...................but we will have a blast whilst doing it,
  • Options
    This!!!
    There really needs to be a 'dismiss crew' option for voyage rewards please

• Options
    I’m happy to see a way to get more targeted crew. But I started playing, before Day One, for story content. The only new content now is in events which really are very little more than grind-fests. I get that you paused new episodes to bring in this content, but without meaningful stories/episodes, it’s getting monotonous and harder to be excited about. Even the cadet missions haven’t changed since they were introduced. Even changing up the stock faction missions would be something, but there’s almost no new content. I love the game and the team. But I’m seeing less and less of why I started playing. I just want to know that this game isn’t going away from episodes and story content and towards grinding like every other game out there.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    When @WRG Ben was on Timelines Talks recently he asked what new features players would like, so that made me think of what I would want to see:

Rather than freezing crew into cryostasis, I rather have some other game mode, such as a colony, where I can exile these frozen characters to and put them to use. Perhaps some kind of passive, trait-based system, similar to voyages, but without the antimatter limit and emphasis on skills/proficiency scores, where you need to assign crew into teams and maybe with "dilemmas" where you need to reassign crew. I recall in some of the older Civilization games that when your townspeople were unhappy, you needed to do modify something to please them. So, perhaps in this colony idea that I am imagining, you could do something similar to keep various aspects of the colony functioning efficiently and producing items and currencies for you to use elsewhere in the game. I would like a way to use my frozen crew without having to pull them out of a freezer to use and to just be able to use the many crew that inevitably will get neglected. Then if you want a colony crew for an event, you can recall them with merits as if they were frozen as it is now.

Also, some type of ship collections that can boost ship abilities in the arena and skirmishes.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options

My wish list, top 5:

I especially like suggestions 2 and 5
    Admiral: Women of Starfleet
    We are recruiting!
  • Options
    Capt. CrunchCapt. Crunch ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I have a suggestion for the recently implemented Crew Retrieval feature. Polestars for crew members that are uncommon and rare aren't very useful for longtime players who likely already have all of those characters. Considering how much effort goes into acquiring polestars, it's quite a letdown when you pull one that's of no real benefit. To atone for this, I would like a system implemented that would allow one to trade up the crew rarity level polestars and here's what I propose. Allow players to trade in three of their two star (uncommon crew) polestars for one three star (rare crew) polestar (as in the graphic below). To take this concept a few steps further, four three star (rare crew) polestars could be traded in for one four star (ultra-rare crew) polestar and (you guessed it) five four star (ultra-rare crew) polestars could be traded in for one five star (legendary crew) polestar.
    This way, those lower crew level polestars will still be of use to longtime players.

j2pj941pom21.jpg

• Options
    I don't know what nonsensical amounts of money people spend to get in the event top 1000, but I submit that if players had other ways to get the rarity/skill polestars, the value of dil (and in turn profits) would rise as players would have more opportunities to spend dil on quantum for Retrieval.
  • Options
    Hailing fellow Captains and Admirals,

In general, if Seven in Blue is readily available from the get go, why not
    2sq7qmyql6h3.jpg

On a different note I really like the sound of an airlock flush when you dismiss unwanted crew...!!!

Jus' sayin'...

Live long and prosper.
    "Old enough to remember, young enough not to care"
  • Options
    1. Make the gauntlet rounds skippable, the way that the dabo wheel is - so that we could click and get results without having to wait 10 seconds to watch the rolls play out.
    2. Allow us to sell unneeded inventory items - polestars, trainers, equipment, boosts, replicator rations, etc. - for honor, credits, merits, or something other than more replicator rations, the way that we can trade unwanted crew for honor.
    3. Return to the art style with the bright highlighting on the edges of the card. The new art is nice but the art looks so dark without the highlights. I really prefer the older style because it "pops" better.
  • Options
    Here's a really big issue that needs to be addressed. Their popups for sales and events. IF I do not close my game and I come back to do something say 15-30 minutes later, like my shuttles, the popups make the screen overlap with another (even though I just seen them when I opened the game)
    and all I get from TS when I send a ticket is to restart the game :s HELLO???? I don't choose to play games that I have to CONTINUOUSLY restart 1-3 times an hour because someone in developing can't check the coding before releasing an update. IF I didn't have so much time (4 years I believe) invested in this buggy game I would quit. I stopped even recommending anyone to join us and instead have started warning people about how buggy it is. And since the last update it has gotten worse. EVERYONE knows where to go IF they want to spend money AND everyone knows where to go if they want to see next weeks event details. Do you REALLY find it necessary to force us to see what you're selling 30 times a day?
  • Options
    I have since day one wanted a way to see if I have a crew member frozen in my vault when they show up on my ship. Why is that so hard? It could be placed in the spot used for the recent little number that showed up this week in the Crew button (which is useless).
  • Options
    Admirals need more control in regards to squads; they should be able to demote or promote squad leaders to prevent problems. *MOST IMPORTANT*

There should be a way to breakdown and see what dailys/donations have been done by all members of fleet. **
    There should be a vice-admiral position to promote to, with all the powers of admiral.
    The player level and VIP level should have more levels, especially player level; if 99 is all you can get to, what of the people who reach that? They’re just done? What fun is that?
    Can we have a community thrift shop to sell unwanted items to?
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    I think the events are too long and too easy. I find them quite boring after 2 years of playing.

2nd phase should only last 24 hours instead of 48 - so it ends on sunday. I think it would make things more interesting. I don't think that it would make a great difference financially for WRG/TP - the events would be more competitive.

Speaking of competitiveness: the events should become harder and harder. Like, skirmish: the opposing ships' shields and hull should become bigger, so that auto attack isn't an option any more with more than say 500k VPs. Galaxy: building the items should get more and more difficult and so on...

Every player should be able to clear the threshold, but when it comes to rank or even win an event, it should more have to do with skill, not with patience "how long can I tap on my screen".
  • Options
    3D immersive. Yes, the sound is thoroughly enjoyed in stereo, but I would love to see the ships in 3D through Google Cardboard or Oculus to feel like I was in a shuttle, admiring the intricate detail of the ships as they orbit or zip through space.
  • Options
    Brodie wrote: »
    Admirals need more control in regards to squads; they should be able to demote or promote squad leaders to prevent problems. *MOST IMPORTANT*

There should be a way to breakdown and see what dailys/donations have been done by all members of fleet. **
    There should be a vice-admiral position to promote to, with all the powers of admiral.
    The player level and VIP level should have more levels, especially player level; if 99 is all you can get to, what of the people who reach that? They’re just done? What fun is that?

Okay, so let's make the events more compétitive so that seasoned players like you and I (4 years now) have more fun. THEN the game should stop accepting new players because they won't be able to compete in the now harder events and it will take years of playing just to place high enough to get anything of value. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't place very good when all I had completed were 1,2 & 3 star crew and ships when I 1st started playing. But maybe your start to the game was easier than mine was.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Brodie wrote: »

Okay, so let's make the events more compétitive so that seasoned players like you and I (4 years now) have more fun. THEN the game should stop accepting new players because they won't be able to compete in the now harder events and it will take years of playing just to place high enough to get anything of value. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't place very good when all I had completed were 1,2 & 3 star crew and ships when I 1st started playing. But maybe your start to the game was easier than mine was.

I have been playing for 26 weeks now. The last three events I placed between 2000-3000.
    I'm getting some nice SR, I'm happy.
    Would you consider this high enough?
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    I was talking about making the events harder well after reaching the thresholds. Which is sometimes more than you can achieve when you are a beginner. So it will be harder for seasoned players - for ranking - and not for newbies (same difficult as before).
    I'm playing almost 2 years now and getting into top 1500 is still a challenge every time, I don't dare to dream about higher rankings yet.
  • Options
    Well, after 4 years of playing IF and when I choose to pound any event to make a good placement, like under 100, I have to save resources for a month or 2 and quit at threshold on any other event to save up for it. My personal best was 68th place (skirmish) and it took about 8 hours of continued play on Monday morning (+ the rest of the weekend) and costed me about 15-20K in chrons. Now, that was hard work to achieve that. IF they were harder I would have quit. I'm not trying to play a game where I can't even work hard for good placement because now the game is harder. You may see the same top level players placing from week to week, but that's because they have $$$ OR because they have more finished. Making the events harder is just going to make more people quit playing the game all together, or at least the events.