Home Make It So!
Options

What changes would YOU suggest to improve the game?

Comments

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Has there be any discussion about re-balancing the ships for Arena battles? Currently it feels that we are all pigeonholed into 1 or 2 ships in each tier. With the current event "Right on Q" I finally was able to get the Reliant to 10/10 and, for me, that was the end all be all of ships because that's the ship I love most from all of Star Trek. However, it can't compete against the stats of ships like the Krayton, I.K.S. T'Ong, Borg Cube, H.M.S. Bounty, etc.

Reliant 10/10
    Shields: 336453
    Hull: 437389

Krayton 10/10
    Shield: 32000
    Hull: 69000

Borg Cube 10/10
    Shields: 36000
    Hull: 750000

H.M.S. Bounty (a contemporary of the Reliant)
    Hull: 705000

IKS T'Ong
    Shields: 264355
    Hull: 856151

Shoot, look at my Ni'Var that is 8/10
    Shields: 335246
    Hull: 526983

I'm going to keep fooling around try to find some way to survive long enough to actually get a shot off before I am blown up because I am stubborn, but I feel like it may be an uphill battle.

My apologies if this offends. Total honest, I only just got the reliant so I've never used it. But during the previous Skirmish event I asked for some help and I realized I was simply using the wrong crew.

Granted, ships added earliest may have been overtaken by newer additions. I haven't need around since the beginningso I don't know which is which. But what I do know is that the crew I had on my Shenzou (which at the time was L8) was getting shot out of the sky before it had a chance. Once I figured out which of my crew should have been on it (thanks to some helpful UC chat) I was suddenly clearing epic.

I could make a lot of assumptions, but I won't. It does sound like you want the game to let you win with the ship and characters of your choice. But I don't get the impression that is the type of game DB wants. If they did, we'd be given a construction menu and be allowed to pick the ship abilities we wanted.

Lets look at it logically. They made the event with the Reliant as the featured ship. I'm certain they tested it themselves to make sure it wouldn't be too hard. The problem is your crew and or your timing. From what I've read it looks like it's designed to hard really fast and maybe a quick rest before a second pass. I'm guessing someone like Rescue Uhura or timekeeper with their quicker speed boost, Garth to drive up att and damage. Time the ship's own Eva and a crew like survival kirk to keep the shields up or some one that boost recovery.

Just my two cents. Honestly the Shenzou isn't my favourite ship. It's just the ship that works best with the crew the game has given me. But I also find it hard to believe they built an event that the featured ship hasn't got a hope of winning. That just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there be any discussion about re-balancing the ships for Arena battles? Currently it feels that we are all pigeonholed into 1 or 2 ships in each tier. With the current event "Right on Q" I finally was able to get the Reliant to 10/10 and, for me, that was the end all be all of ships because that's the ship I love most from all of Star Trek. However, it can't compete against the stats of ships like the Krayton, I.K.S. T'Ong, Borg Cube, H.M.S. Bounty, etc.

Reliant 10/10

Krayton 10/10

Borg Cube 10/10

IKS T'Ong

I'm going to keep fooling around try to find some way to survive long enough to actually get a shot off before I am blown up because I am stubborn, but I feel like it may be an uphill battle.

My apologies if this offends. Total honest, I only just got the reliant so I've never used it. But during the previous Skirmish event I asked for some help and I realized I was simply using the wrong crew.

Granted, ships added earliest may have been overtaken by newer additions. I haven't need around since the beginningso I don't know which is which. But what I do know is that the crew I had on my Shenzou (which at the time was L8) was getting shot out of the sky before it had a chance. Once I figured out which of my crew should have been on it (thanks to some helpful UC chat) I was suddenly clearing epic.

I could make a lot of assumptions, but I won't. It does sound like you want the game to let you win with the ship and characters of your choice. But I don't get the impression that is the type of game DB wants. If they did, we'd be given a construction menu and be allowed to pick the ship abilities we wanted.

Lets look at it logically. They made the event with the Reliant as the featured ship. I'm certain they tested it themselves to make sure it wouldn't be too hard. The problem is your crew and or your timing. From what I've read it looks like it's designed to hard really fast and maybe a quick rest before a second pass. I'm guessing someone like Rescue Uhura or timekeeper with their quicker speed boost, Garth to drive up att and damage. Time the ship's own Eva and a crew like survival kirk to keep the shields up or some one that boost recovery.

Just my two cents. Honestly the Shenzou isn't my favourite ship. It's just the ship that works best with the crew the game has given me. But I also find it hard to believe they built an event that the featured ship hasn't got a hope of winning. That just doesn't make sense.

Any level 9 or 10 5* ship should be just fine in a Skirmish as long as you’ve been smart with your crew selection; the added hull from using the featured ship just isn’t that much of a benefit, because if you’re losing hull (outside of boarding parties) before the final battle or two you might not make it anyway. And at level 8, you need to have really good crew that are tailored to maximize the strengths of your ship - that may not always be the usual Killy/RPC/Kes/Garth lineup, either.
  • Options

Reliant 10/10

Krayton 10/10

Borg Cube 10/10

IKS T'Ong

No offense taken and I know it is finding the right crew compliment. I am not having any issues within the skirmish event at all, it is in the arena currently. I was just looking at the raw stats of hull and shields and see a disparity that seems very noticeable (~30,000 variance) compared to other ships in the 5-star line.

The IKS T'Ong is the ship that I repeatedly get to the number 1 ranking in Arena on because I have found the right crew to work with that ship, but I also know there are certain opponent ship/crew combos that my configured T'Ong doesn't survive prior to cloaking and I avoid those match ups like the plague.

I'll keep trying, I was just wondering if it was intentional to have such a variance of shields and hull.
  • Options
    Capt. CrunchCapt. Crunch ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    A couple more suggestions.
    Skirmishes confer ship stat bonuses when using the event's featured ships. That's fine, but even with those stat bonuses there are often better ships to choose from. Solution: Keep the stat bonuses but also offer a chance at obtaining exclusive rewards only available if skirmishing in a featured ship. I might be more apt to partake in a skirmish using a featured ship that's inferior to others in my inventory if there's an added incentive to do so.

My other suggestion is in regards to the Gauntlet. I'm not particularly fond at how homogenized opponents have become in the gauntlet. As the game has aged, so have people's inventories, so it's now much more common to face the same set of opponents round after round, as evident by this cropped screenshot (which is actually two screen shots stitched together in order to fit all the opponents for that round in it). So if most players are using the same go-to set of characters for Gauntlet events (for clarification, by "event", I mean the full two day's worth of Gauntlet rounds), how can this scenario be avoided? I propose a new rule be implemented. While characters can become fatigued during a Gauntlet event, I propose they need to rest up after one too. And by that I mean the same character may not be selected in consecutive Gauntlet events. For example, if a player selects Locutus of Borg for a Gauntlet event, he's off the table for the next Gauntlet event. Once Lacutus of Borg skips a Gauntlet event, the character is eligible to be picked again. This would force players to use more characters, which in turn should result in a more varied range of characters one encounters. This also adds an element of chance, and by that I mean there's a chance that a player's best-suited character for any given Gauntlet event might not be eligible to contend on account that player used that same character in the previous Gauntlet event. While that might not fare well for the player who can't pick Locutus in a Gauntlet event that imparts a benefit for the Borg trait, it might actually benefit other players. Some days you'll be the player that benefits and other days you'll be the player that's hindered. But we all benefit by not having to face the same cookie-cutter usual suspects list of opponents.

pwcxsucptcu0.jpg

• Options
    Make events monthly and give us a new Episode or Distress Call a month instead of the other three events.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wright wrote: »
    Make events monthly and give us a new Episode or Distress Call a month instead of the other three events.

Um.........no

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Um.........no

Why? Open to other opinions, but I’d like to understand the basis of them.
  • Options
    Go Where No One Has Gone Before - Random mission generator.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Um.........no

Why? Open to other opinions, but I’d like to understand the basis of them.

Events are what I live for in the STT world. Everything I do in the game (except for trying to finish my last achievement) I do to gear up for events. To take one away even for a week would bore me to death! Yes, I do take some galaxies off, but I would like to be the one who decides when to not participate in an event, not have that decided for me

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be so great but I fear that a new location on the map is much more work for the devs than an event. I would trade 3 events for 1 episode though. There are too many events anyway.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Em CamEm Cam ✭✭✭
    Adam2791 wrote: »
    I've mentioned this before elsewhere - but once you have attained Honoured status with all Factions, shuttle missions ought to stop dishing out the now useless Faction points and change to some other form of bonus - be it chrons, honour, credits , ANYTHING USEFUL. It's a kick in the teeth to keep getting useless points.

If they changed it to honor I would be sending out shuttles 24/7. As it stands I just do the two rounds for the dailies

Although I run shuttles constantly for faction-only items, honor would be a highly appreciated bonus. Even if it was just equal to the number of faction rep points...10 per shuttle, four shuttles at a time, and maybe five sets of shuttles a day depending on what I have going on in a given day adds up to another 150-200 per day depending on success rate. More during faction events, too, during the kickstart and from time reducers.

Honor for factions that have achieved honored status, big yes! I'd go for the 10 as well.

It could make things more interesting, if ignoring a factions would slowly drop you down from honored from what ever the lower status would be and you'd have to work your way up again. Not a single shuttle for a faction the whole week? -10 faction reps for you!
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to turn your question back to you. How do you think this would improve the game?

My 2 sense. I don't actually see anything wrong with it. But additions to the map likely take a lot more effort than even 3 events. Each mission has to be created with all the existing characters in mind. They also remain on the map.

I like the idea in a general way. But you need to keep in mind, events generate income, episodes do not. Essentially. You are suggesting DB cut their income by 75% and increase their work load. It's not a realistic idea. I'm not trying to shut you down, I'm just saying that if you want DB to take a suggestion seriously, it needs to be an idea they can monetize.

A lot of people have some very good ideas. Ideas that would make the game itself better. But at the end of the day, on the Dev side it's about money. The game is over 3 years old. In most businesses that means they long ago figured out the most efficient way to make money and keep it running. And they probably downsized to maximize profit. That's not intended to disparage, it's just a reality.

Expeditions are essentially temporary episode/distress calls. The only drawback is they are stripped down. And how often can the team put those together?

Having said all that. I'll finish with something constructive. A new map addition a month is a bit ambitious. But a new or temporary map addition after a Mega Event? Something short like episode 6 with only 4 or 5 locations. A temporary distress call that lasts for only a week or two. Designed to require all the crew gathered over the last two months, maybe even locked to those new crew. A last way to use all the characters. It would also allow the Dev team to put all the special pack offers back up in the portal to get a little more out of them.
  • Options
    As a new player, I need chrons or a way to earn them. I have come so close to deleting the whole game because of the inability to play anything. I would love to be able to finish my map and distress calls. I have a bunch of characters not on shuttles or on a voyage, couldn’t they scrub plasma conduits for some chronitons?
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    As a new player, I need chrons or a way to earn them. I have come so close to deleting the whole game because of the inability to play anything. I would love to be able to finish my map and distress calls. I have a bunch of characters not on shuttles or on a voyage, couldn’t they scrub plasma conduits for some chronitons?

Honestly, I have to agree. The game tries to slow down new players and rewards older players.

I think this needs to be inverted. One of the comments I see most is how they can level a new character in 5 minutes. It they talk about vast hordes of chronos. I will probably get roasted for saying it, but if they think about it they might agree. Older players have it so easy they are constantly complaining about being bored. They exhausted the map, so they warp everything. They have long voyages return with more chronos than they will ever need. An event drops a gold card and within the hour they are already bored again.

I don't know what an actual solution would be. If you made gold cards hard for them they would be impossible for others. At the same time, new players have to do everything with a tiny handful of chronos. They have dozens of characters to work on and the costs are insane. While older players have inventories and hordes they will never use. They throw away almost every card they get for honour because they already have it.

I'm ready to be roasted.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Honestly, I have to agree. The game tries to slow down new players and rewards older players.

I think this needs to be inverted. One of the comments I see most is how they can level a new character in 5 minutes. It they talk about vast hordes of chronos. I will probably get roasted for saying it, but if they think about it they might agree. Older players have it so easy they are constantly complaining about being bored. They exhausted the map, so they warp everything. They have long voyages return with more chronos than they will ever need. An event drops a gold card and within the hour they are already bored again.

I don't know what an actual solution would be. If you made gold cards hard for them they would be impossible for others. At the same time, new players have to do everything with a tiny handful of chronos. They have dozens of characters to work on and the costs are insane. While older players have inventories and hordes they will never use. They throw away almost every card they get for honour because they already have it.

I'm ready to be roasted.

No roasting. We all remember what that was like — everyone had to go through that more challenging period at the start. The good news is, there are a lot more ways to earn chronitons now than there were when I started (and it still wasn't very long before that wasn't as big of an issue for me). So, my first thought would be: We feel ya, just hang in there a little longer. Of course, there are other challenges facing newer players, some which linger longer than the shortage of chronitons: shortages of things like trainers and replicator rations. I was buying both of those with Honor for some time. You'll hear many players say not to do that, but if you're judicious about it, and don't just spend all the Honor you have as soon as you get it, I think it can be very helpful.

Some other stuff:
    • I assume you're doing the weekly cadet challenges — those were a necessary thing for chron drops when I was starting out. Get to the Epic level as soon as possible (which means prioritizing the leveling of the relevant 2* crew), so that you can get the maximum benefit.
    • Play the Gauntlet, but don't play it to win right away. Start by trying to get as many streaks of 3 (or multiples of 3) that you can. These will help you get more useful resources and chrons.
    • Do Voyages all the time. Use the DataCore web app to help you choose the best crew you have. This was even helpful for me, since I started getting a lot more 10-hour Voyages after I began letting that help me choose my crew. But it will certainly translate into more chronitons for you.
    • Airlock crew you don't need right now, unless they are Legendaries (5*) or very good Super-Rares (4*), or if you just really like that character/variant. When starting out, it's tempting to keep almost all the crew you acquire, but you really need to pare down to a really small and tight crew contingent to be able to grow more quickly. And focus on leveling no more than 2 or 3 crew at a time — perhaps one for cadet challenges, and one for Gauntlet (or for the next event). Spreading the wealth around will just slow you down and prove far more frustrating.
    • Join a decent fleet. You will get amazing benefits from that — it's really a necessity these days. If you don't like to chat and prefer to remain a lone wolf, find one that doesn't care about that. (Or, like Banjo, choose a fleet where everyone else speaks a different language. ;) ) But on the other hand, a good fleet can also help you grow. My fleet group, made up of several fleets, has an external chat app (since the one in-game is awful), and we regularly share advice and information there — both our newbies and our veterans continue to benefit from that on a daily basis.
    • Make sure you're hitting your daily rewards. You'll miss out on a lot if you ignore those. And they also now are needed for the Campaigns, which are another terrific source of items to help you grow.
    • Do shuttle missions as much as possible. Use the 9-hour overnight boosts when you sleep (or work) to get more loot. They will bring back things that will help you equip your crew, and thus will keep you from having to spend more chrons than necessary. Don't use skill boosts during regular shuttle runs (only during Faction events), since your shuttle difficulty will eventually level out no matter if you're using skill boosts or not. (As a side note, when you've collected enough dilithium, put it to buying your 4th shuttle, as this will also help you.)
    • Do Skirmishes and Faction events. These do not cost you anything, unlike Galaxy events, which will cost you chrons. During a Skirmish, run a Supply Kit (in the Time Portal); it will lower the cost of your missions for 24 hours. And then do space battles for items which commonly come up in building/equipping crew (you can find info on that here on the forum, or just ask someone about that). Then you're helping to equip future crew, while also earning more chrons during the Skirmish battles.
    • If you've got the credits, sometimes it's better to replicate a large item rather than farming for it. For example, some 5* items are made of sub-items that have horrid drop rates, or just cost a lot to farm. In those cases, I will often just replicate what I need, rather than spending hundreds and hundreds of chrons for just one item.

Seriously, though, perhaps the main advice I have is to join a fleet where the veteran players can answer your questions and help you grow. All of the above are things they would be able to go into more detail on.

Good luck, and try not to get too discouraged! And please make use of this forum, too — it was, and continues to be, a huge help to me. We're all here to help, and we all feel your pain. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I'd go back to an old post of mine from a couple years back .. Inventory needs a big helper .. sort/search/filter .. etc.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10588/inventory-overhaul-options#latest
    (PS . don't necro that thread of course .. just linked for reference .. LOL )
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

I want to be constructive and not sound like a complainer.

So. To get it out of the way. In addition to your very helpful advice. And thank you for taking the time. I would add using the ad bonus to double cadet payouts as it doubles the chronos. It also doubles replication rations and the boost pack drop. So you can save on credits by using a x10 boost pack every day.

I also make sure to have the ad double ready when clearing nodes for the first time in away missions. I found this very useful for building the 2* ships faster.

Alright. So, does the game drop enough chronos for lower level players?

The gauntlet drops merits and credits, on the threes it might pay out credits, but usually drops a basic item or a trainer. There isn't a league for low level players. A low level player putting up a 3* character hits the same wall of Caretakers everyone else does and they don't have a chance. It costs merits to refresh and hope you don't get another wall, and merits are not that abundant. Low level players should have a purple exclusive gauntlet. A gauntlet that restricts to 3* and lower cards. Something they have a chance of making a 6 win streak in. If you can't get to a third win or a sixth, there are no chronos for you in the gauntlet.

What about voyages? The first point that needs to be made is that you should be able to set a voyage to return automatically once the antimatter hit a threshold. Or, there should be a ship like for example the one you start with, that does this rather than every ship. Some one at works interrupts you. Your mom calls. There are unexpected valid reasons life can prevent you from getting back to recall a ship. "Dad, can I put you on hold for a couple minutes to play a phone game?" I don't need an expensive refill, I just want to equip my ship with a cheaper return token that can immolate itself if life keeps me from the game. Having said that. The 2 and 4 hour legs of a voyage need to drop more chronos. Some people don't have the chance to play the game all day to run 3-4 voyages. The number of chronos dropped in the first 2 hours is to low and too many of the items needed to build equipment have such low odds they eat your chronos and still don't drop. By the fifth run, the item you need should have dropped.

Joining a starbase is perhaps the best advice. A well built out starbase is a serious benifit with it's chrono cap boost and extra replication. The only issue I have is the regeneration rate is so slow. If you play once or twice a day it's probably not so bad. But if you do play more often it's painful waiting forever for 4 chronos. You should be able to bank them separately from the regeneration. Once you reach a certain point, you need to keep chronos for an event. A skirmish is useless if you don't have the chronos to get more Intel. But if you want to save more than the regeneration cap it stops. It's not like it would break the game to be able to bank chronos. If they were generated the same way they would still be capped so it isn't like someone could log back in a month later and find a huge horde. They would find whatever the cap was. If you play during the day, how many would you be able to bank? Like 300? Would that break anything? I don't think so. This wouldn't have much impact on the high end but it would on the low end.

I'll be honest. There will always be people who want more. I can't say this would meaningfully satisfy low level players. It's the nature of things. Maybe I am arguing for too much. But honestly, many aspects of this game require all players of every level to compete for the same thing. On the last event I just wanted to place high enough to get two copies of Odo. I had one from the portal, one community reward, just needed the last two. But I still had to try and place against all the high level people fighting for the gold card and inflating the points. Is Reyga or Odo going to help me in the next event like Icheb will help high level players? No. The placement rewards should help everyone in the next event. It's ridiculous that only the top card is worth placing for. Now that Odo and Reyga are of no use. I have to build them and freeze them or dump them fast enough to make room for the cards from the next event. If I can't get the gold at the very least the event should be helping me in the next event the same way it helps the top 1500.

I'm slogging. I'm sacrificing cards for honor to keep my team lean. But how do you cite all the 2/4 and 3/4 cards when they aren't in the portal? The only chance I have at FF cards without cites is voyages and the portal, but in order to keep my projects managable I have to airlock most of those cards. I also have to airlock those cards for the honour to cite the cards not in the portal. I horde dilithium for slot sales, what little drops from the campaign. The third shuttle I have was expensive. A 4th shuttle is event more so, and the 50% off sale never extends to extra shuttles.

Im hanging in. It's not all the end of the world. I appreciate the empathy and advice of experienced players. But lets be honest. There needs to be a minor league gauntlet to keep the 1-3* characters relevant past clearing the cadets. A league low level players have a chance at completing a run of 3 or 6 wins. The all the rewards from event placement need to be a bonus in the next event, not just the gold. The game keeps everyone competing for the same things and new players are left looking at a game that only seems to reward the big spenders or the high level players.
  • Options
    I have a few ideas for things that have been bothering me for a bit:

1) Gauntlet rewards for win streaks - although the claim is that the longer the streak, the better chance for a better/higher score reward, I find that is not the case. I think that as you increase your streak level, the MINIMUM reward level will also go up. For example, a 3-streak minimum has "common" as lower, with diminishing odds for 3,4 or 5* items, but a 12-streak would have a minimum of a 3* item, and better odds for rarer. This way, as you progress though the streaks, you'd get something relatively worth it.

2) For the Dabo wheel, don't show me schematics for ships I've already maxed out. If someone has maxed out all ships, replace it with 3* or 4* items. Same for the characters in the top row.

3) For a Behold, at least ONE choice should be someone that I either don't have, or is NOT maxed out. I am far enough in the game where I have quite a few 4* maxed, and I can't tell you how many beholds show me three maxed out crew of which I need none. Of course, if you have all the 4*, it wouldn't matter.

4) The crew display could use some improvements:
    - When sorting by Rarity, try [Crew Type - Descending] ( all 5*, then 4*, etc.); within each type, the [Number of stars - Descending] (5/5, then 4/5, 3/5, etc), and then the [actual level] (100-1) descending. This type of sort would let us see which crew was complete (fe/ff), and then those that are close (so we can figure out where the next citation would go.

- An option to view "frozen" crew in our list views (active, frozen or all) - sometimes we need to find a "treksicle" that has certain traits or abilities - or maybe we want to defrost them and freeze someone else

- In the search bar, allow simple "and/or" logic - ie: ("federation" or "brutal") , "andorian" and ("cyberneticist" or "doctor")

5) When a voyage is close to running out of antimatter, STOP BEFORE IT DOES and give us the option to continue or end the voyage. It's like knowing the gas tank is running low - you wouldn't wait until you were empty before you decide to look for a gas station!

6) Also, on Voyages (and I am sure I've seen this before) - allow us to choose how to "pay" for an extension - if I have tokens and dilithium, it should allow me to pick one or the other, and we should be able to use credits or chronotons to pay (for those folks trying to build up dilithium for more important things)

7) Increase the number of available shuttles from 4 to 6

8) The ability to download (as CSV) the list of ALL possible crew, showing which I have (and current levels) and those I am missing. I just want basic information (Crew Type, name, traits, current 6 levels of SEC,DIP,MED,ENG,CMD and SCI, #stars, crew level) so I can work out what I am missing and who I want to bump up or freeze.

9) More collections, please. Some ideas:

- Traitors and Turncoats
    - Age of Sail (that should be coming soon)
    - Just Plain Evil
    - Blue Crew
    - Certifiably Crazy
    - Thieves and Thugs
    - Navigators
    - I'm the one your Mother warned you about (troublemakers)
    - Better Than Human

Overall, I am having a blast playing this game, but every once in a while a few updates would be refreshing. Thanks, and LLAP!

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I can tune it out, but one of the most annoying things about the game and reading the forum is how people constantly take giant craps on anything that isn't a tier 5 or better 5*.

I'm not complaining, it's understandable. And that's my point here. The game could use some components that make use of the different rarities in different ways. Take the new Troi for example. They will deride her for not even coming out as a tier 3 purple. Will the reward at the end of the collection be worth paying players spending extra money just to finish and airlock a collection?

My issue is, once you complete the cadets and collect the ships there isn't a purpose to those cards under the high tier 5* rating. This isn't just annoying in some ways, it hurts the bottom line of the paying side of the game. DB is missing out on potential revenue when new players get low tier golds because there is no use for them long term.

My suggestion here is, DB team need to make a type of use for each card rarity that is exclusive to that type. There needs to be a mini game or daily something that they do that only they do. Paying players will have more reason to pay money to finish building and have a character if there is something only it can do.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would appreciate a possibility to abort shuttle missions (without compensation). I just used a +6h bonus instead of a -1,5h one erronously...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I would like to suggest that when you are looking at items in a Faction Center, that you can see the number of those items you already have in your inventory. When you have low credits or merits, you have to make decisions on what items to get and it would save time than to go and search through your whole inventory.
  • Options
    I would like to suggest that when you are looking at items in a Faction Center, that you can see the number of those items you already have in your inventory. When you have low credits or merits, you have to make decisions on what items to get and it would save time than to go and search through your whole inventory.

I've been wanting this so much the whole 2 years that I've been playing! It's crazy that we don't have this in the faction centres, when the feature already exists and has already been in use on other screens for years. Item numbers should have been visible on all screens since the game launched.
    Ditto wrote: »
    I'd go back to an old post of mine from a couple years back .. Inventory needs a big helper .. sort/search/filter .. etc.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10588/inventory-overhaul-options#latest
    (PS . don't necro that thread of course .. just linked for reference .. LOL )

All the suggestions in the old thread are good, but clearly we need #2, adding searching to inventory and replicator screens is needed. The increased discussion lately and DB making small tweaks to what happens when the inventory gets full indicate that more and more players are maxing out our item inventory and need better ways to deal with it. Yep it's why I am on the forums tonight.

As it is the [Replicate ]Replicator[ Ration] screen you get to from the inventory is almost useless, since you can't get item names let alone the other normal and needed item information. It would be so easy to make it so that you can bring up the item information by long-pressing on an item, well at least for phone and tablet players, and there are options for pc players.

You can't expect all, or any, players to memorize the more than a thousand item icons, even if we ignore that there are 4-6 rarities for most items. At least giving us the name would let us look up sometimes incomplete item information for most but not all items in the wiki, though even that would mean DB is requiring the player volunteer wiki to do some of DB's job for them.
  • Options
    It's probably been said before. But can you fix it to where we don't get gear for crew that we've airlocked, and crew that is on the Dabo table? I get so many items that are not for my active roster.

Another bug that also really bothers me is the one that puts missions that have a "rare reward" tag at the top, but the item is actually not in the loot table. Also if the drop chance can be fixed to where it's actually accurate, that would be great. Thank You.
  • Options
    dwmarshall wrote: »
    More sophisticated use of Heart Feature

Currently, each crew can be marked as a favorite, by toggling the Heart box. When marked as a favorite, this changes the box from a clear heart into a red heart, and disallows the user from carelessly freezing or dismissing that crew. Also, when using the Default Sort under the current crew management section, crew marked with a red heart are sorted to the top. This feature works well as is.

An improvement would be to allow the user to toggle through several other colors in the Heart box. Colors such as Yellow, Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, and White could be added along with the existing Red and Blank. The player could use (or not use) the colors as they saw fit. For example, they might want to select Blue for crew they are considering sending to Cryostasis, Green for crew they are focusing on developing, or Red for crew they truly want to always hang on to. They would use these colors however they saw fit. Sorting under Default Sort could continue as is, but with the added colors grouped together. Any color selection (non-blank) would continue to disallow freezing or dismissal. I do not see a need to redesign the Sorting panel, just group colors together under the Default Sort.

I know this is an old one but...
    It's one of the very first things that came to my mind about this game - there need to be more more options for crew management! Hearts are not enough, after the crew grows a bit bigger it gets really hard to manage and remember it all. I was thinking about creating custom collections in the drop-down menu, but the heart idea is great too!
  • Options
    Em CamEm Cam ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some expanding done on Voyages.

First of all, make the dilemma trains fixed. Once you hit first part of a dilemma train (part 1), you'll get the rest before others appear.

Now, to not make running long Voyages less worth while, add new parts to existing dilemmas, as well as totally new ones. That way, you'd still have a good reason to go for a very long ride to catch that elusive Voyage exclusive card.

When Voyages first started, it was fun to use time spent sitting in daily commute getting to work/school just by watching the events and hazards happen. Now, all of them are old news and the little fun comes from silly combinations of characters, species and what happens to them. So, adding brand new hazards and log entries could bring back that early days of Voyages fun.

As expanding Voyages this way would mean a lot of work for game developers already doing loads of writing with coming up with event story lines and new cards and all, here's my solution: involve the players. There's HUGE amount of Trek knowledge waiting to be tapped within the player pool. Why not tap it? Make it a bit of a competition.

Say, 100 000 honors for writing new dilemmas /new
    parts for existing dilemmas that got added to the game. 50 000 honors for writing new hazards. 18 000 honors for new log entries. By the prophets, I'd participate in all of them and not for the prizes even, but to put my Trek knowledge to use.

Oh, and pretty please find a way to get the very oldest legendaries into Voyages as prizes for, let's say for a part 4 or 5 of a dilemma train and/or after running for 11 hours.
  • Options
    Just been chatting to our Squadron Leader about an idea and how possible would it be to have Squad Voyages, say one extra running alongside your own?

Squad leader could share two crew a bit like in Faction for the Squad which either boosts the voyage or gives say an extra 100 antimatter, This voyage is not extendable and returns automatically when the AM runs out. The loot is split with the squad leader getting an 1/6th of the Chrons and honour as well as a copy of any character. Given these are generally 2 or 3 star, theyre not that valuable. If its a 4 star, thats a great additional reward.

What do you think?
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Random thought while I was thinking about voyages. Remember tomogachi things? Little electronic pets. My mind took it in two directions. First, and probably worst, how about pet targs or tribbles, or whatever?

Less bad idea. What if this was applied to a colony? Once in a while it prompts you with a need for credits, an item recipe (for instance "colony requests a medical scanner"). If you ignore it too long the colony fails, otherwise it slowly grows. Maybe it randomly offers you stuff depending on how long it's lasted or how big you develop it. Basically a pet colony.
  • Options
    There really needs to be a 'dismiss crew' option for voyage rewards please
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Just been chatting to our Squadron Leader about an idea and how possible would it be to have Squad Voyages, say one extra running alongside your own?

Squad leader could share two crew a bit like in Faction for the Squad which either boosts the voyage or gives say an extra 100 antimatter, This voyage is not extendable and returns automatically when the AM runs out. The loot is split with the squad leader getting an 1/6th of the Chrons and honour as well as a copy of any character. Given these are generally 2 or 3 star, theyre not that valuable. If its a 4 star, thats a great additional reward.

What do you think?

It's a great idea for expanding the fleet experience. I think there's a big multiplayer potential in fleet/starbase activities, I would love to see some more options there. Not really the "have to do" things like daily rewards or events, but optional activities like voyages, missions? Idea of re-purposing the frozen crew as starbase population (for the fleet, OR lower decks as a single player option!)was great too
  • Options
    It's one of the very first things that came to my mind about this game - there need to be more more options for crew management! Hearts are not enough, after the crew grows a bit bigger it gets really hard to manage and remember it all. I was thinking about creating custom collections in the drop-down menu, but the heart idea is great too!
    There really needs to be a 'dismiss crew' option for voyage rewards please

Another thing just came to my mind that would make managing the crew much easier I think - on option to sort crew by time added from the drop-down menu. It would make finding (and possibly dismissing new duplicates) much easier. Also, if one is working with spreadsheets, finding new crew to add to the sheet would be much easier. Right now if I don't add new crew to a spreadsheet immediately, I have to go through all the crew and try to remember which ones are new.