Home Make It So!

What changes would YOU suggest to improve the game?

Comments

• I would be super pleased with DB if we had the ability to lock out just holoemitters on every single room except the one that we have chosen to actively work on - we don’t really need to do that for the other three.

I'd second this, or that the admiral can bulk move donated holoemitters to another designated room.

I third it, or that admirals can choose which components are needed of the three.
  • Heya !

Just a point of view from a beginner (lvl 24), who seem a bit forgotten on board =)

I mean, why having, every days, a pop up for tell us about how the event is spectacular and ask us to join the festivity, if we aren't able to do it. The lvl require for the event is far too high and there's no scale system nor something else who can make us kill the first ship. We also win, out of the event, a tons of ticket from every mission tempting us to come back at the event, for the same result, wasting time. So there's not a rage there anyway, but just pointing the fact that this is a bit frustrating... a scale system would be really welcome I think, at least stopping to tempting and asking for people who can't even participate.

That's exactly the same problem with the gauntlet ! Why asking every days since the lowest lvl to come join the contest, when every player there have at least ten times more strength than a beginner ? There's clearly a lack of scaling system or maybe a selection of player based on stats more than the rank, cause the rank there is not representative of the strenght. Is there any sense to have two people fighting with 11-48 VS 362-845 ?

I think this worth a new topic, but like another player in this thread, I didn't found the option (I'm on pc). Maybe cause I just sign in the forum.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gouleo wrote: »
    Heya !

Just a point of view from a beginner (lvl 24), who seem a bit forgotten on board =)

I mean, why having, every days, a pop up for tell us about how the event is spectacular and ask us to join the festivity, if we aren't able to do it. The lvl require for the event is far too high and there's no scale system nor something else who can make us kill the first ship. We also win, out of the event, a tons of ticket from every mission tempting us to come back at the event, for the same result, wasting time. So there's not a rage there anyway, but just pointing the fact that this is a bit frustrating... a scale system would be really welcome I think, at least stopping to tempting and asking for people who can't even participate.

That's exactly the same problem with the gauntlet ! Why asking every days since the lowest lvl to come join the contest, when every player there have at least ten times more strength than a beginner ? There's clearly a lack of scaling system or maybe a selection of player based on stats more than the rank, cause the rank there is not representative of the strenght. Is there any sense to have two people fighting with 11-48 VS 362-845 ?

I think this worth a new topic, but like another player in this thread, I didn't found the option (I'm on pc). Maybe cause I just sign in the forum.

This is mainly a progress issue, at the start there are even some cadet missions you won't be able to pass because you won't have the right crew or levelled high enough. As you acquire new crew, better ships it will be much much more easier especially for these events.

For the skirmish event you need to unlock a good 5* ship, so remember to do your daily dabo spin to get a decent ship (which will also help on voyages lasting longer)

It is still worth doing every event you still get rewards that will be very useful to you to begin with event though progress on the threshold tier may be limited.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I don't know if this has been addressed - if it has I can't find it. On the iphone, when crafting with a supply kit bonus, the items won line up in two boxes, side by side in the middle of the screen. Because they are side by side, you can't readily see all the items for the box on the left because the box on the right is in the way. (you can see all the items if you scroll the one line of items to the left). If DB would put the boxes one on top of the other, we'd be able to see most if not all of the items we won without having to scroll left.. I'd find this useful.
  • Split Gauntlet into 4* and 5* sections similar to the arena. Too many decent 4* crew are rendered useless by all the 5*s floating around like Caretaker, Mirror Picard, Locutus etc. It reduces the incentive to level the 4* crew up.

• This is mainly a progress issue, at the start there are even some cadet missions you won't be able to pass because you won't have the right crew or levelled high enough. As you acquire new crew, better ships it will be much much more easier especially for these events.

For the skirmish event you need to unlock a good 5* ship, so remember to do your daily dabo spin to get a decent ship (which will also help on voyages lasting longer)

It is still worth doing every event you still get rewards that will be very useful to you to begin with event though progress on the threshold tier may be limited.

I agree for the cadets missions, but I didn't mentioned it =) this is easy to play there from the begining with 2* crew... absolutely no problem with that.

I only spoke about event and gauntlet.

So I maintain that :

- SOME events (cause that's not true for all of them) can't be played by beginners nor low lvl.

- Gauntlet have clearly a lack of scale system, cause I don't feel like, face two people with huge difference in the stat is normal nor funny and not even challenging, in any case like a real contest. when you see stat like 150 vs 1000 where's the point ? obviously that's the second one who wins every times and the first who feel like " fkg stupid game" ... imho =)
    I mean, if the first player have also a 1000 stat in another capacity, OK that's fair fight, but if it's 2* crew against 5* crew that's more slaughter than fair fight.

I don't see in that case the utility to invite beginner's in that kind of contest... maybe... "please come dying in chain for me, so I can win the challenge easily"
  • tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    i dont like my point of view being changed, even by small steps,left-right up-down, when selecting crew for factions, events and most of all , when upgrading crew, when all shifts to the top.please do something about it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in an earlier thread, The Honor Machine. I will never use the 20,000 replicator rations I have. The 60,000 ship schematics I have Bering the maxed ships, the 24,000 alcohols, the over 100,000 trainers. Let me dump all of that into a machine that converts it to honor. Please?
  • More sophisticated use of Heart Feature

Currently, each crew can be marked as a favorite, by toggling the Heart box. When marked as a favorite, this changes the box from a clear heart into a red heart, and disallows the user from carelessly freezing or dismissing that crew. Also, when using the Default Sort under the current crew management section, crew marked with a red heart are sorted to the top. This feature works well as is.

An improvement would be to allow the user to toggle through several other colors in the Heart box. Colors such as Yellow, Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, and White could be added along with the existing Red and Blank. The player could use (or not use) the colors as they saw fit. For example, they might want to select Blue for crew they are considering sending to Cryostasis, Green for crew they are focusing on developing, or Red for crew they truly want to always hang on to. They would use these colors however they saw fit. Sorting under Default Sort could continue as is, but with the added colors grouped together. Any color selection (non-blank) would continue to disallow freezing or dismissal. I do not see a need to redesign the Sorting panel, just group colors together under the Default Sort.
  • When will level 100 be available?
  • Captain ZloggCaptain Zlogg ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    All credit types visible all the time; Credits, Merits, Chrons, Honor, Dil
    Let me dump any non 5* ships in a shipyard so I don’t have to go through every ship I have to start a voyage, just the 5*’s
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Let me dump any non 5* ships in a shipyard so I don’t have to go through every ship I have to start a voyage, just the 5*’s

Why not just have a Mothball Fleet or something similar to the cryostasis vault: any ships, 5* or otherwise, that are completed can be safely stored so they don’t take up space and be returned to active duty if desired for a Skirmish event. Granted, I don’t see a reason to ever mothball a completed 5* ship or return a 4* to active duty for a Skirmish, but I would like to believe it would make the programming ever so slightly simpler that way.

That’s what I meant, a cryo vault for ships. I suppose I was just adding what I would do with it. Freeze any ship that is maxed and not a 5* ship. So much easier to thumb through. I have no use for anything below legendary as even the trait bonus is less than a 5* without the trait bonus
  • AHA! so this is how i post in a forum is it?

Okay so this is probably wayy too late now but what the heck, I'm gonna have my say anyhow lol. After all that's what this place is all about right? :)

Okay so first of all, there are a number of things that are really good about this game, for example the monthly dilithium card is a great way to get some cheap as chips dilith to allow us to do all sorts of cool things and have a blast in game. BUT Disruptor Beam team WHY have you just got ONE TIER of this awesome item and why can't we have a WEEKLY card??

I mean if you made TWO TIERS OF CARD you can help the less well off to keep playing while they get some money saved up to get some of the awesome special offers you have ongoing. AND you get a bit more real hard cash for the players who want to speed up and do a bit more in game at times such as when the school vacations are on...right?

Apart from that there are quite a few areas that could easily be developed to allow us to
    be more flexible in game and save a bit of time, do more etc.

How about allowing us from time to time to speed up voyages using a bit of dilith... allow the first 6 hours to zoom by in say 2? :) allowing us to get to the "good stuff" so to speak :)

Also how about a crew change option mid voyage (rendez vous with a sister ship and swap over if you want to give it a theme. This would allow a newly trained group of crew to get in on the action and free up other crew already on the voyage if it's extended and you need to access them!

Those are just a few simple ideas that would allow flexibility in game, what gets me is that the special offers to me appear always when I an not ready for them lol, it would be nice to allow me to start the 12 hours of the offer when I am gonna have the money to hand to actually use them...so many wasted opportunities there mehhh!

Anyway lots of good things already in game. If they ever decide to have a chat to me I may have some more ideas to help them bring more flexibility in game and perhaps give a few ways to increase their revenue too whilst allowing captains more choice, more fun and not too much extra expense!

Good luck guys and thanks for listening, if anyone is actually out there hehe!

Hellooooo can you hearrr meeeeee??? :)

• Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omne wrote: »
    Split Gauntlet into 4* and 5* sections similar to the arena. Too many decent 4* crew are rendered useless by all the 5*s floating around like Caretaker, Mirror Picard, Locutus etc. It reduces the incentive to level the 4* crew up.

Why not just split it into 3 sections like everything else in the game (Commander/Captain/Admiral). Once you win or finish top 5 in the 3*(Commander), it unlocks the 4* (Captain), etc.

Then of course, trainers only fall in Commander level only, and better rewards in the 4&5* levels. This gives the newer players better options for gaining trainers and credits in 3* level they could play over and over, and the rest would stop complaining (as much) for so many trainers at the higher levels.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not just have a Mothball Fleet or something similar to the cryostasis vault: any ships, 5* or otherwise, that are completed can be safely stored so they don’t take up space and be returned to active duty if desired for a Skirmish event. Granted, I don’t see a reason to ever mothball a completed 5* ship or return a 4* to active duty for a Skirmish, but I would like to believe it would make the programming ever so slightly simpler that way.

That’s what I meant, a cryo vault for ships. I suppose I was just adding what I would do with it. Freeze any ship that is maxed and not a 5* ship. So much easier to thumb through. I have no use for anything below legendary as even the trait bonus is less than a 5* without the trait bonus

That would also give us something to do with all those useless schems, build duplicate ships and freeze them, except the ones you want to use. Then maybe someday we could have fleet vs. fleet battles between players :smile:
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • WHY have you just got ONE TIER of this awesome item and why can't we have a WEEKLY card??

Also how about a crew change option mid voyage (rendez vous with a sister ship and swap over if you want to give it a theme. This would allow a newly trained group of crew to get in on the action and free up other crew already on the voyage if it's extended and you need to access them!

I second these two proposals.

• I am hoping that DB will increase the capt rank max, which is currently 99. Many captains are in the 90's, I, myself, am level 84. Where do we go from up
    ? If there is no place for us we may be leaving the game, taking our $$$ with us, and you know. .. we didn't get that high without spending some serious $$$.

Kamin, Independent Space Armada
  • tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    that capt rank maxed made me thinking that captains with that experience should become admirals ofc. and not just with the title. might they get some macro subgame , or a way to influence existing events? (this will probably disrupt current playfield , so more discussion might be needed here)
  • I'd like to see some new dilemmas in the Voyages. Or even some new end results for some of the other options.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a lock on all starbase rooms except the one(s) designated as "fleet recommended"....................
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I am at level 97 and will be leaving game when I attain level 99,it is a huge milestone that is neglected and ignored.
  • I keep noticing the rewards for squadron rankings in events **tsk tsk**! Hey DB, how about giving better rewards than just some Federation Credits and replicator rations for doing well as a squadron? No matter how well you do in the squadron rankings, this is all you get for that? :/

Yes, I'm all for better rewards for the fleet as a whole & per Squad.
  • Give the Gauntlet tiers of play instead of just one big random slugfest, as fun as that sometimes is.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭

Yes, I'm all for better rewards for the fleet as a whole ...[/quote]

i second that.
    fleet reward is as of now (as far as i know) just a number on the list and ofc some personal satisfaction
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

Yes, please, this. I came today to post the same thing. I only ever want to use my 5* ships, and therefore I would like to see only those ships when selecting for Skirmish or Voyages. And so all the schematics I get for lower-rarity ships go into the Replicator. But it's a shame, there are so many cool ships in the game, and it would be fun to collect them, but only if I could also vault them and have them not clutter up my inventory when I want to find a good ship I'll actually use.

This could take the form of something like the Vault, where you can get rid of a fully-leveled ship. Or it could also take the form of the heart mechanism which we use to "Favorite" some of our crew ... so that only the heart-marked ships would be the ones you cycle through for a Skirmish or a Voyage.
  • UI
    I would like to have a stock count for the item (in the details popup of the item at least). It is very annoying in the shops when you are wandering whether you need to prebuy this rare item. Looking for it in the inventory is hell. It needs some better UI (filtering, sorting, search) itself.
    Scans are useless. And there is a dedicated icon on the main navigation. Even if devs see a reason to have them, at least hide it somewhere else. Put inventory, messages or ships on this spot.
    Map is almost useless too. You can not travel to a specific mission for farming. If you want to farm for an item you have to search for it in the crew slots or remember the episode, difficulty and the mission. Basically try all in turn. You cant even do it 1 by 1 because you have to wait to travel. It could be much easier to go to some place (from the map) and somehow see a list of all available missions there (of course you have to pass them once). Similar to the campaign, when you see a flashing icon that there is a new mission. So to not mess with the unfinished campaign, may be this could be a captain level unlock feature or unlock it when you finish all episodes. It will be also another (and easier way) to complete the higher difficulties.

Gameplay
    In general the game does not seem very competitive or social, even with the gauntlet and the arena. Player does not have any sense that he plays against humans. All those "challenges" you fight against are no different than any computer generated one (most ships in the arena are). So even if there might be some challenge at the top places in the arena, people play months to get near that and never feel that they compete to anything more than just a computer generated enemy.

I think these need to be split in some sort of leagues with less players (100-200) that you could get familiar with and compete with them. Let's say this is something like a fleet but for enemies. May be the leagues could be randomized once a month or never and be controlled by the players (you just jump elsewhere once a day if you wish). And also there should be a log/history to see who attacked you and who won. The whole idea is that this group should be persistent enough for people to get know each other at least by nickname.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen requests to be able to refresh beholds. In addition to that I'd like a way to refresh dilemmas.