Home Make It So!
Options

What changes would YOU suggest to improve the game?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Well, after 4 years of playing IF and when I choose to pound any event to make a good placement, like under 100, I have to save resources for a month or 2 and quit at threshold on any other event to save up for it. My personal best was 68th place (skirmish) and it took about 8 hours of continued play on Monday morning (+ the rest of the weekend) and costed me about 15-20K in chrons. Now, that was hard work to achieve that. IF they were harder I would have quit. I'm not trying to play a game where I can't even work hard for good placement because now the game is harder. You may see the same top level players placing from week to week, but that's because they have $$$ OR because they have more finished. Making the events harder is just going to make more people quit playing the game all together, or at least the events.

True, I don't think I will ever try for a top 100 spot. It takes so much time and resources.
  • Options
    I would like to just have the opportunity to play it on MacOS (Intel) through the Mac App Store or through Steam on Mac.

And maybe a better support for my iphone XR screen resolution and size ratio.
  • Options
    tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    with all qualityOfLife suggestions listed here ,this one doesnt make the list for another 10years at the pace things progress,but
    it would be nice ,now that we have event hub, to have the stories that event crew weaved during events (event crew once or twice per event,faction crew outgoing and returning....) , available to read again. when i was a fresh player, i did read them all(and imagined possible outcomes, dilemmas,etc) . now,i probably notice/half-read just a few here and there(pressed by time to compete as much as possible in available time). but, on some weekdays ,i do have time to spare, and would like to return and read them all.

no pressure, just a wish, and as you space for another tab,and all text already in a database...
    ;)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    tytlal wrote: »
    with all qualityOfLife suggestions listed here ,this one doesnt make the list for another 10years at the pace things progress,but
    it would be nice ,now that we have event hub, to have the stories that event crew weaved during events (event crew once or twice per event,faction crew outgoing and returning....) , available to read again. when i was a fresh player, i did read them all(and imagined possible outcomes, dilemmas,etc) . now,i probably notice/half-read just a few here and there(pressed by time to compete as much as possible in available time). but, on some weekdays ,i do have time to spare, and would like to return and read them all.

no pressure, just a wish, and as you space for another tab,and all text already in a database...
    ;)

Until such time that the company decides to make this so, you may always reread the event dialogue and storylines on the STT Wiki:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Events#Calendar
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I agree with many of the prior suggestions. Regarding beholds, how about the option of paying dil to pick a second crew from the 3 offered?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about making the events work......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    would be nice if I didn't have to restart the game multiple times at the start of a faction event to play.
  • Options
    Any chance to have the three warp nacelle Enterprise from "all good things" to be a collectable ship... 5 stars?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With every new version, I keep hoping that they'll fix something that's been an issue since I started playing nearly 5 years ago now: the sluggishness of the in-game mail area.

Is this because the mail is hosted on a slow server?

For example, every time I collect my daily Arena schematics rewards, no matter which client I play on, I can only open two of the messages and then the game freezes for several seconds, finally allowing me to open the 3rd. But that's not the entire issue, as many of you well know -- after you exit the in-game mail area, the game itself freezes up for a bit.

It's incredibly annoying. Why hasn't this been put on the list of items for QoL upgrades?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    have them look at gauntlet reward tables and make improvements there
  • Options
    MAKE THE GAUNTLET WORTH PLAYING…dzevtwdivrnz.png
    This is now becoming routine — and still NO Balok…and still so far away from enough copies of the other gauntlet only crew to immortalize them. I just can’t bring myself to waste citations on characters I should theoretically be able to obtain through regular and strategic play in the gauntlet. Honestly, I would rather you all fix the loot tables here than introduce any other new feature.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    michlang wrote: »
    MAKE THE GAUNTLET WORTH PLAYING…dzevtwdivrnz.png
    This is now becoming routine — and still NO Balok…and still so far away from enough copies of the other gauntlet only crew to immortalize them. I just can’t bring myself to waste citations on characters I should theoretically be able to obtain through regular and strategic play in the gauntlet. Honestly, I would rather you all fix the loot tables here than introduce any other new feature.

Wow, I never manage to get even close to all 5 times done.
  • Options
    Gauntlet tiers could get a nice looking at and drop rates double checked.. And just getting tired and tired of nothing but walls of the same character and you can't have that one to counter it.. It gets to be merit eating and depressing.. I wonder if people do care
  • Options
    doctorx316 wrote: »
    Gauntlet tiers could get a nice looking at and drop rates double checked.. And just getting tired and tired of nothing but walls of the same character and you can't have that one to counter it.. It gets to be merit eating and depressing.. I wonder if people do care

Totally agree! My favorite moment (sarcasm) is when I receive legendary crew training experience items...I'll just add it to the completely maxed out trainers I already have...and have had maxed out for years now...
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see that you could unfreeze crew cheaper, meaning for merits first, but then also for a low amount for ISM (or a choice of Merits and ISM) up to ten times a day.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    i wrote about this else ware,probably many times
    but option to search for crew to equip the ship (which is implemented in skirmish equipping mode)
    should be present wherever crew equipping ships are involved (or at least explain that darn sort order by which we must search as of now,loosing time,nerves, vocalazing inappropriate words/sound , making some gestures not worthy of a trek fan)
    while i'm a trek captain,sending my crew ,to solve a problem , (while equipped with transporters, warp drive, photon torpedoes, replicators,...
    i'm handed a few meters long printouts of crew names to select from.
  • Options
    What I would like to see. Is something like a Replicator for ship schematics. So that you can take schematics you don't need and use them to get schematics you do need. I had a ship that needed 150 schematics for max level. For around a year. It was so frustrating to be so close for so long. I actually sent in a ticket to make sure the schematic was still available. Turns out I was just having some really bad luck.