Home Make It So!
Options

What changes would YOU suggest to improve the game?

Comments

• Options
    A ship schematic converter would be nice (not sure if it has been suggested in some form yet). Even if it was 4 or 5:1. There are a ridiculous amount of ships, yet schematics obtained are few. Even after the next portal update and we can acquire some new schematics, the pool will still be pretty diluted. It's nice to have replicator fuel, but there are so many sources of that already.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    A ship schematic converter would be nice (not sure if it has been suggested in some form yet). Even if it was 4 or 5:1. There are a ridiculous amount of ships, yet schematics obtained are few. Even after the next portal update and we can acquire some new schematics, the pool will still be pretty diluted. It's nice to have replicator fuel, but there are so many sources of that already.

Something has to be done. It’s brutal waiting for these schematics, meanwhile I’m getting ship traits in voyages that I don’t even have at level one and have no chance to fit quite a while. I’m looking more forward to the portal update for schematics instead of crew

• Options
    a) Unveil "Admiral Levels" 1 to 100. Give Captains in their 90s someplace to go rather than quit the game.
    b) Add some Starbase rooms. The benefits dont have to be like the other rooms....ie...enhancements to abilities. Something like what campaigns do. It would be some much better than flushing them in the toilet....I mean the replicator rooms....for Starbases fully maxed currently
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »

Something has to be done. It’s brutal waiting for these schematics, meanwhile I’m getting ship traits in voyages that I don’t even have at level one and have no chance to fit quite a while. I’m looking more forward to the portal update for schematics instead of crew

I am right there with you. I never thought I would be excited for an update simply for schematics. Most of the crew in the update I either have or am okay with waiting for. I have grown very selective about what crew I keep, but like you said--voyages missing out because I don't have a ship to match the trait is brutal.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    When DB finally tried to take action on a long-standing complaint, they gave us what we wanted. However, they erred badly on one detail, and my fleet is worse now for it.

I would rather go back to having squadrons dissolve if the SL get dismissed than the current setup. The game reassigns the SL job, by what method, I do not know, but the outcome is essentially random.

I now have members that are Squad Leaders that never wanted it, were not ready, or there is a language barrier that causes them to be 100% silent as we use English in daily comm.

In the end, the result is that I am forced to deflect players that do not deserve it and did nothing wrong. But DB made them Squad Leader, and they are unable to do it, or understand what is happening. SL MUST communicate to do the job, so I am stuck airlocking underserving players because of the DB “fix” and the fleet has been harmed.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s so tough to max these new ships. They are new to the portal now which I appreciate but it would be great if the update could include them being in Dabo and the faction stores as well.
  • Options
    It would be helpful if when you clicked on a piece of equipment/component anywhere in the game, but especially in the faction centers, would show you how many of that item you have in your inventory. I am constantly unsure if I should be buying items from faction centers because I don't know how many of them I have. I like to buy these items I am low on whenever they are available, and not just when I have an immediate need for them.
  • Options
    How about some equipment packs?

Say take specific crew from L60-L90. A bit like the DYC to L50 packs, but not necessarily with an extra star (maybe as an option) and with the stuff to simply push them up higher.
  • Options
    Showing the opponent's bridge crew on the statistics screen after a battle would help a lot.
    It's always annoying when you're busted without knowing which skills / which crew terminated your life.

Regards,
    Magnum
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really be interested in the stats of my battles in defence. How often did I win/lose? Was it close? A replay would be best, but I have no clue how much data this would require to be stored.

It is hard to improve the defence without a clue what was going on.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Being around for about a year, I would like to see some quality of life improvements, for example:
    1) filters and sort options for ship selection. Currently it is a pain to find if I own a ship and if so, how many schematics do I have/need.
    2) filters and sort options when assigning crew to ships. It seems to be sorted by the crew position I select, but in case I want to assign non-diplomacy crew to a diplomacy post it's a pain to go through the roster of just portraits...
    3) When I receive a copy of a frozen crew it would be nice to add tag to them (similar to current "duplicate" and "fusible").
    Member of Wolf 359 Memorial Fleet.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Bridget wrote: »
    Additionally, the Dabo wheel never awards any items other than common trash. Never. Not once. And I've wasted dilithium there.
    Quite the same here. More thant 800 Dabo run I think and never any top 3 rewards (crew).
    From time to time usefull stuff but most of the time just garbage.
    Oh yes, many ship schematics from 2nd row for ships I already have maxxed.

• Options

My biggest bug bear is the chat buffer clearing randomly. It is worse on my ipad but I have the same issues on Android, so it doesn't seem to be platform specific. Others in my fleet and friends in the game experience the same problem. It would be quite easy to use existing iOS and Android APIs to integrate the built-in chat modules from both operating systems.
    The in game chat feature is actually hampering fleet communication rather than helping it and makes a great game merely a good one to play.
    There are other chat features that need fixing too please -
    Incomplete messages getting sent
    The censor censors words that aren't rude or in any way vulgar
    Autocorrect doesn’t work
    You can’t see what you’re typing when you send a message to support (it cuts off the bottom line).
    The chat engine is actually very important for fleet communications, but mostfleets use Line or Discord because the in game chat is so poor.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I would “Awesome” the post above by @[KSS] Legate Rolyat 1000 times if I could. That is an excellent summary and a clarion call for DB to finally take action on this issue. Well done! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chat issues, 2 people in same fleet online at same time (note time stamp in bottom right) one has a full chat screen, one does not. This happens all the time but seems to gave gotten worse since last upgrade fubar'd the display. It is a real shame that we are forced to use other means of communication such as LINE or Discord because the in game chat so bad and unreliable.....

vzx2kd1levq5.png

x63of5bya2oc.jpg

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Most things I’d like are listed somewhere here already but I’m going to sum them up anyway. Just to add force to others with the same issues.
    1) Chat ingame. We had (like so may others) to make a discord server in order to have proper communications with our fleet. Too many blank screens in the gamechat.
    2) Dabo. I always see the same ship schematics, like Borg Cube, DKora etc. Would be nice to add more ship schematics so I wont have to burn the ones I dont need and can finish ships that stay halfway.
    3) Fleet command. Possibility to appoint a 2nd in cmd in case of problems. Both for fleet and squadrons maybe, but especially fleets
    4) Ads. Some of us (me included) dont get ads, so we miss out on extra chrons and credits etc.
    5) More reruns would be nice. No new crew every week, but give newbies the chance to get older crew too. And it gives older players time for a break.... not to mention that DB may have more time to fix things? How about 1 rerun per month?
    6) I’d like some overview of my ships. Scrolling through the present ship menu is tedious. Let us search by name or ship rarity or fully finished ships.
    7) Crew search. For example: when I type “Picard” in the crew list, I miss out crew like Galen and the Dixons, but in events they count as Picard
    8) Starbase donations: would be nice if a fleet admiral can see which captains are donating and which may need some explanation of why it’s important.

Thanks for looking into it!
  • Options
    Is it possible to run a trade room for crew within your own fleet? That would certainly add an aspect to the game that would keep player retention, you could even limit it to 2 trades per day.
  • Options
    Reduce the number of events and introduced characters.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just this....

9h5boqg4pvdd.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just this....

9h5boqg4pvdd.jpg

Ha! That’s classic!!!
  • Options
    Regarding the issues with in-game chat, I found this comment today by Shan (in an Engineering thread) somewhat disheartening:
    Shan wrote: »
    @Shan
    My entire fleet is still reporting problems with the msg system. All 3 sections fleet/officer/squad are either blank, slow to load “hailing starfleet” crashing. New msg not showing up for 15-60 min. Everyone has restarted and still malfunctioning.
    All platforms have reported problems. F/B, IOS, windows, steam.
    This is currently still happening at timestamp of this post. Not resolved

This thread is for a specific issue that was discovered in the win10 app version of the game, for the mail box specifically.

You are talking about chat issues if I am not mistaken.
    There is not much that can be done regarding chat, but I will let the team know.

👿
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Idea for new bonus delivery system:

Galaxy Map Exploration

1. You pick one card from your existing crew that still needs stars.
    2. That card is removed from active duty (similar to shuttles & voyages).
    3. That card is assigned to a 1* ship and must visit every discovered location on the galaxy map, over a certain length of time (one month?) and via manual astrogation.
    4. At each planet, that card must complete a rigorous set of tasks/challenges/battles, in order to progress to the next location.
    5. Upon completion of the above, that card is returned to active duty.
    6. Bonuses could be tiered & varied by type, depending on (4.) above, up to and including a star for that one card.

🖖

EDIT: deleted the above from the following thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14749/feedback-request-in-game-bonuses-to-enhance-gameplay/p1
  • Options
    Showing the opponent's bridge crew on the statistics screen after a battle would help a lot.
    It's always annoying when you're busted without knowing which skills / which crew terminated your life.

Regards,
    Magnum

Aaargh - it just happened again .. I nearly threw my mobile out of the window: got busted within seconds, no idea of the opponent's crew.
    You can't take a screenshot each time a battle starts...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Regards,
    Magnum

Amen
  • Options
    RFRF ✭✭
    This is on android... May we please have a mute button. Each time I open the app, although the volume bar is turned all the way down, there is sound and effects until I slide the volume up and back down. Thank you for your consideration fixing a small yet super annoying bug with the game.
  • Options
    I'd like to be able to sort the crew by "Date Added", so it is easier to find folks added after voyages when I have open slots. In a similar vein, sorting by "Duplicate" would be much easier than sorting "Alphabetically" and scrolling through looking for multiple heads.

Having the full crew name on the Behold would be nice as well.
  • Options
    Make the Dabo Wheel truly "customized" to the user, instead of having multiple schematics of ships already completed show up everyday.
    Capt. Ande Tennille
  • Options
    Make shuttle tokens easier to acquire since Faction Events seem to now be multiple times monthly.
    Capt. Ande Tennille
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the Dabo Wheel truly "customized" to the user, instead of having multiple schematics of ships already completed show up everyday.

Here here!!