Home Engineering Room

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    I turned off Ad personalization and now get other ads so at least I can function!

That's good to know! :)
  • Regardless where you stand on the issue, advertising a game that simulates a pot farm business to minors is probably not a wise idea.

1a1a758sm77c.png
  • edited November 2022
    knc6kr4eif0u.png
    Magic the gathering ads freeze, forcing me to restart, and award nothing. Please remove.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    knc6kr4eif0u.png
    Magic the gathering ads freeze, forcing me to restart, and award nothing. Please remove.

We can't simply remove an ad because it freezes on your device.
    What kind of device are you using and what is the network for this ad?

Thank you!
  • Recently, I get Ads for „Wordzee!“, some kind of letter sorting game.
    No ad network info, no countdown, no close button, nothing.

App needs to be restarted to end the ad.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    Recently, I get Ads for „Wordzee!“, some kind of letter sorting game.
    No ad network info, no countdown, no close button, nothing.

App needs to be restarted to end the ad.

Could you please grab a screenshot next time?
    What device are you using?
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    m0s17gyyb2c0.png

Playing on iPad
    You can interact with the demo, but you can‘t end it.
    Every 2nd app is that one.

Ad network is AppLovin, that I was able to find out.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    m0s17gyyb2c0.png

Playing on iPad
    You can interact with the demo, but you can‘t end it.
    Every 2nd app is that one.

Ad network is AppLovin, that I was able to find out.

Thank you!
  • Next Ad „Wordscapes“. Same behavior as Wordzee. Same network.
    u93zr6dy0eif.png
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Another sexually explicit add, with very young girls. Ive seen this one several times now. No ad network visible but name is right there. It appears to be a video chat not a game.
    3lkxe3rhhw7k.png
    90s4c6zt66r3.png
  • DAE wrote: »
    Another sexually explicit add, with very young girls. Ive seen this one several times now. No ad network visible but name is right there. It appears to be a video chat not a game.
    3lkxe3rhhw7k.png
    90s4c6zt66r3.png

Thank you for letting us know
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    There's an ad for the Holy Grail diary from the Last Crusade which you can buy from honeyytk (and other very dubious sites).
    There may be diaries out there at this price but not the same as the description that the video says
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a pic
    54h9hgqi6nuq.jpg
  • The ad makes the game slow and unresponsive. Then the ad crashes the game. This means I lose the double reward and the regular award and I have to redo the mission which comes at a cost that the game doesn't reimburse me for. This needs to be fixed immediately.
  • I play my main account on one Android device, and my alt on a separate Android device. Over the last day or so, the only ad that comes up when I want to double cadet mission rewards or get a free Dabo spin is this excessively long and utterly obnoxious ad for TikTok. From what I can gather, the ad network is Liftoff Mobile.

It starts with a very long ad with loud music that appears to disregard your volume settings.

It then force opens the play store. No, not a "pretend screen" to show what it would look like in the play store (this comes later). It actually forces the play store to open. If I tap the overview button on my device at this point in time, it shows two apps running: STT and the newly opened play store.

Once I close the play store and return to STT, the ad lingers for a bit longer, playing more music. And THEN it flashes up the white "pretend screen" resembling what it would look like on the play store. When I click on the small button available to move past it. It moves to another screen with a 12-15 second countdown before I can FINALLY be done with the ad. Utterly obnoxious.

I am normally happy to give you guys a little ad revenue by clicking on the orange button to get some extra cadet rewards or an extra dabo spin. I get something, you get something. That's cool. But I HATE these ads that force open the play store and / or make you sit through a second part with an additional countdown before being able to close it.

For some reason I am not getting any other ads on both my accounts. Always this rubbish TikTok ad from Liftoff Mobile. I think Tiktok is rubbish and a security risk, and would never contemplate installing it anywhere in a million years.

I don't mind most of the other ads I have gotten in the past, but I never want to see this particular ad ever again. If there isn't a way to remove this from the rotation of ads that are shown to me, I intend to severely curtail, if not discontinue entirely interacting with ads on STT.
  • Very much agree with this. I’m in a similar position of experiencing this too many times a day. It’s rather annoying and misleading. If adverts are going to be longer, please give us the option of increasing the rewards earned.
    Can you look into Liftoff Mobile network ads. These are very annoying for the following reasons:
    1. No "x" or other method to escape the ad
    2. often have multiple parts / multiple timers and are misleading...show 30s, then click x, then another 15s, and then another 10s
    3. Opens the appstore before showingthe final x to close add.

I'll watch 10 - 20 ads per day depeding on my day & play style - and was happy help generate whatever small income .......but I am not happy to sit through 45second ads that require anywhere from 3 to 5 clicks to complete.

• After my post of August 6 above, I have stopped watching ads on both my main and alt accounts, apart from a single time when I clicked on the ad box by mistake and was very dismayed to see the TikTok ad by Liftoff Mobile Network was still running. I choose to no longer engage with the ad feature at all. This type of ad design is just screams scumbag, and the people who commission and design these types of ad do not deserve any revenue from activity I generate.
  • Hi everybody, the devs know about this issue and are fixing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Over the weekend at least two different ads play the ads, go to a completely black screen that even my Android back button won't let me get out of, and I have to completely shut down Timelines and restart it, and depending on when the adwarp occurred, I lose the chance to get a reward.

The ads are for a couple of survival games, one of them some winter survival thing, and the other one of the innumerable zombie survival games. So far I haven't noticed this issue with any other ads.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?!'" - Chris Knight

Moderator of r/startrektimelines
    Fleet - Inner Planets Alliance Fleet of Pubs
    Captain Level - 99
    Player since - May 2016
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    4 times today when I’ve clicked the ad button I’ve gotten the same exact Instagram ad and every single time when I try to exit the ad at the end I cannot. Instead after a few seconds after that the app crashes.

I’m playing on an iPad 6th generation, iOS 17.
  • 5yb0ipdu1hwc.png
    9bh643ktbdu0.png
    Got two ads today that I could not get out of (no ‚x‘). Had to force close Timelines and lost my double reward. Playing on an iPad Pro 2017, iOS 17.0.1.
  • Greetings Captain! We keep gathering data about this issue. In this occasion, have you tried rotating or allowing screen rotation? The "X" Might be in one of the dark corners. If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to contact us. LLAP
  • Greetings Captain! We keep gathering data about this issue. In this occasion, have you tried rotating or allowing screen rotation? The "X" Might be in one of the dark corners. If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to contact us. LLAP
    I shut down the iPad for an hour and then restarted it. Had one crash of the Timelines game after watching the Instagram ad but the ‚x‘ is back for the time being.

• " wrote:
    §[ Jonathan;c-276360"]
    Greetings Captain! We keep gathering data about this issue. In this occasion, have you tried rotating or allowing screen rotation? The "X" Might be in one of the dark corners. If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to contact us. LLAP
    I shut down the iPad for an hour and then restarted it. Had one crash of the Timelines game after watching the Instagram ad but the ‚x‘ is back for the time being.

Greetings Captain! We take notes and will talk with the devs regarding this ad issue. Best recommendation we can offer for now, is to try the game in other devices rather than the iPad. Sorry again for the inconvenience, LLAP.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    I have just come across an ad that shows real footage of animals being shot and killed. The game is called "Hunting Sniper" and it shows "simulated gameplay" by showing real footage of coyotes being shot. Several of them, not just one and they don't die immediately, so yea. Seeing the animals in distress is horrible.

I'll edit this post with a screenshot of the final screen when I figure out how to log into the forums on my phone.

EDIT:
    rb7sfxu43dvz.png
  • I have just come across an ad that shows real footage of animals being shot and killed. The game is called "Hunting Sniper" and it shows "simulated gameplay" by showing real footage of coyotes being shot. Several of them, not just one and they don't die immediately, so yea. Seeing the animals in distress is horrible.

I'll edit this post with a screenshot of the final screen when I figure out how to log into the forums on my phone.

EDIT:
    rb7sfxu43dvz.png

Greetings Captain! We will inform asap to the team and get it down as fast as we can. Thank you so much for letting us know. LLAP
  • Can you please ban Ads of „Happy Hospital: ASMR Doctor“? It’s a game and the ads are utterly disgusting.
    Those ads are offered by several ad networks.
  • -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    Can you please ban Ads of „Happy Hospital: ASMR Doctor“? It’s a game and the ads are utterly disgusting.
    Those ads are offered by several ad networks.

Greetings Captain! Could you share just a brief description of what the Ad is about? That way we can identify if we have other similar ads. LLAP
  • In those ads they show you how to squeeze acne or remove worms and maggots out of the body with tweezers.
    Just look for the game title on YT