Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet the problem persists. just 30 seconds ago. I understand about not using CS names, no worries, the ticket number is there. 43seirubeing.jpg

Hi,

This is the wrong thread for this issue.
    This thread is for actual ads, from 3rd parties, available on some platforms only.

When you have an issue with a ticket you can contact me directly.

While the reply you've received could have been better, that does not excuse being rude to the person handling said ticket.

Lastly, for issues of this type, PS can only take note of it and ask for more details if they are available.

I understand this issue is frustrating, PS can not offer any help other than advising to restart the game when it happens.

• Options
    "This is the wrong thread for this issue.
    This thread is for actual ads, from 3rd parties, available on some platforms only."

Ok, sorry, to me an add is an add regardless who it's from.

"While the reply you've received could have been better, that does not excuse being rude to the person handling said ticket."

Maybe, but after 4 years of playing and getting treated like I'm new to the game when my player history is at the the fingertips of the person treating me like an idiot how exactly should I respond? After all, I'm not getting paid to be polite, he is.

"I understand this issue is frustrating, PS can not offer any help other than advising to restart the game when it happens."

Is restarting the game the solution to every problem ESPECIALLY when bugs happen after a major coding adjustment / update has been done? I would think that you people would want to know if and when something is wrong with the coding when changes are made. BTW, I don't have the game up 24/7, USUALLY the game was just started within an hour of this bug when I log in to do my dailies. Is the whole point of playing the game to have fun? Or restart the game all day because someone in tech support doesn't want to help find out what the problem is?

P.S. I'm sorry if I seem or have been rude, I'm very direct and most problems are solved easily by coming to the forums. The laziness of this particular TS person made me feel as if I was being brushed off without any sort of consideration for the time I have spent on the game or my experience in the game.
  • Options
    Clyde *WhiF*Clyde *WhiF* ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    "Call it a preventive measure. When you open the game, rapidly click through all the ridiculous special offers once each before doing anything else. If the game knows you saw it once after each time it opens, it leaves you alone."

Actually, no. The ONLY way is to shut the game down and watch the clock to time my dailies. (which has costed me a few times to miss my dailies) IF I leave the game up it will do it each and every time I do my shuttles (only the 1st one I click on) and even after about a half hour from logging in if I click on anything else it does it. This was this last nite b4 shutting down for the nite. IF I want to complete my dailies I have to deal with it, if I don't want to deal with it I run the risk of missing shuttles (which hurts my fleet) and or voyages. I'm losing interest in this game because of the REALLY bad developer and tech support skills, and they wonder why some working people refuse to spend money on a game that they can't get to run right.
    evukollf4y6x.jpg

• Options
    But hey, I guess they just like NOT making money
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Call it a preventive measure. When you open the game, rapidly click through all the ridiculous special offers once each before doing anything else. If the game knows you saw it once after each time it opens, it leaves you alone."

Actually, no. The ONLY way is to shut the game down and watch the clock to time my dailies. (which has costed me a few times to miss my dailies) IF I leave the game up it will do it each and every time I do my shuttles (only the 1st one I click on) and even after about a half hour from logging in if I click on anything else it does it. This was this last nite b4 shutting down for the nite. IF I want to complete my dailies I have to deal with it, if I don't want to deal with it I run the risk of missing shuttles (which hurts my fleet) and or voyages. I'm losing interest in this game because of the REALLY bad developer and tech support skills, and they wonder why some working people refuse to spend money on a game that they can't get to run right.
    evukollf4y6x.jpg

I am sorry you are experiencing this often and I understand the frustration that it causes.
    This is not something PS has any power on, neither have I.
    The details you've provided will hopefully help track this issue down, but there is no time estimate for a fix.
  • Options
    And still.bd1uxlnoylrv.jpg
  • Options
    Now I can't even participate in the event without them forcing me to see NEXT weeks event and trying to sell me a package...........te30ljo5237c.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Twice before noon, bet I can get 2 more before the wife comes home. This is Comment moderated. ~Shan how it gets ignored and not fixed.fybwshmggfhi.jpg
    tgs29t3wa56y.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice before noon, bet I can get 2 more before the wife comes home. This is Comment moderated. ~Shan how it gets ignored and not fixed.fybwshmggfhi.jpg
    tgs29t3wa56y.jpg

Repeatedly posting about it won't make it be resolved sooner, please refer to our community guidelines when using these forums. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    tgs29t3wa56y.jpg

Repeatedly posting about it won't make it be resolved sooner, please refer to our community guidelines when using these forums. Thank you.

Of course you are correct. BUT, I like to continuously remind them of just how much money they are losing and exactly why they are losing it. I am a gamer who does spend money on games. BUT I refuse to spend a single dime on a game where they care more about creating more ways of disrupting game play trying to force us to see their "daily specials" 5 Xs a day than they do about an enjoyable gaming platform. See, they're stealing money from their own wallets and starting campfires with it and repeatedly posting about it in forums is a public reminder of why gaming companies like them are NOT making any more money, Comment moderated. ~Shan
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ad opens up the Apple App Store directly after it ends, no tapping required:

eee7rm4j6a1g.png

2s0nbf79svtx.png

I did not see a triangle icon for the ad network. However, tapping on the info button led to this webpage:

ombevp7c32oh.png
    <heavy sigh>
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may not be the most appropriate ad for a game kids play.

3qyotifx9n0p.png
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    1mv0m9iaoj9w.png

This is really frustrating. You watch the whole ad and afterwards you get a NO.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mv0m9iaoj9w.png

Have you switched device prior to this happening, that can be a contributing factor.
    I know it is frustrating, I hope we'll have a solution at some point.
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    1mv0m9iaoj9w.png

Have you switched device prior to this happening, that can be a contributing factor.
    I know it is frustrating, I hope we'll have a solution at some point.

Can be, I'm not sure. I often switch between phone and tablet.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game and ad for Trading Legend depicts Asians in a mocking and derogatory way. A lot of the images depicts Asians, mainly Chinese, with stereotypes of at least over a century old. It shouldn’t even be in the app stores let alone this game.

wh7p1q6pgqbr.png
    q1t39mvsg9u1.png
    fxn5n3qlht43.png
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve come across a number of series issues with the ads in the last two weeks. So serious I’m starting to question if it’s worth watching them.

The first, which I’ve already filed a notice with CS about, was an ad that didn’t provide a means to close it when it was done playing. I had to do a hard restart to get out of the ad. I IDed it to CS as a glitch but the same ad keeps coming up in the rotation. I’m realizing this was deliberate and is a way to boost “engagement;” whether by WRG or their ad provider, it’s impossible to know.

The next are some really offensive ads for a Texas hold‘em game that is misogynistic and keeps saying for women to take off their clothes. As in, that’s the point of the game. I don’t know why I keep getting this ad but I want it to stop.

The last one, which I just ran into today, starts like this:

9touwwwa83y8.png

Given that I make it a point to never touch the screen with ads, for fear that something might be downloaded onto my computer/phone, this was very troublesome to me. As you can see, no way to close it out or cancel it. And no idea who this was from or what it was about and I’m just supposed to “tap to continue?” I had to do two hard restarts before I got a different ad.

The ads are going into a direction that makes me want to stop looking at them. I can’t imagine that’s by design. Someone needs to talk to WRG’s ad provider and set them straight.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for adding screenshots in your reports but I also really need to know the network that is pushing the ad being reported.

There should be an info button for that information, or something like this wmaydw9mo50m.png

Thank you!
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    The State of Survival ads always freeze at a black screen. 100% of the time. They do this in another game I play as well. I've only just started getting them in STT, but in the other game they've been a plague for the past year.

And that's if they play to the end at all. They're so badly optimized or just straight up buggy that they often just stop playing halfway through anyways.

If I get one of those ads, I just immediately close the game and restart because there's no point.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game and ad for Trading Legend depicts Asians in a mocking and derogatory way. A lot of the images depicts Asians, mainly Chinese, with stereotypes of at least over a century old. It shouldn’t even be in the app stores let alone this game.

wh7p1q6pgqbr.png
    q1t39mvsg9u1.png
    fxn5n3qlht43.png

The imagery and theme of this game and its ad are blatantly racist against Asians, particularly Chinese people. Why is this permitted in the Star Trek Timelines? Seems like the antithesis of Star Trek. Shan?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

wh7p1q6pgqbr.png
    q1t39mvsg9u1.png
    fxn5n3qlht43.png

The imagery and theme of this game and its ad are blatantly racist against Asians, particularly Chinese people. Why is this permitted in the Star Trek Timelines? Seems like the antithesis of Star Trek. Shan?

Reporting your own posts is not a good use of the reporting system, as I've mentioned to you in a Private Message.

As I also told you in said message and also in this thread, I need to know the network who is pushing the ad.

However, reporting an ad is not a guarantee that it will be taken down or that other networks might not surface it again.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Ads that ignore sound settings and play at full volume despite me having the game muted:

Chik-fil-a ad on the AdColony network. Nobody wants their hate chicken anyway.

Every single State of Survival ad which display through multiple networks. IronSource being one and Vungle being another. It's hard to get info about this one because tapping on the info button usually causes the crash to happen faster. The SoS ads usually don't even play the video more than a second or two before becoming slide show choppy messes. They're trying to stream in a crap ton of data in the background while the video plays. That's what causes crashes. Which speaking of, every single State of Survival ad crashing with a black screen forcing me to restart the game and losing the ad credit. I've mentioned that before, but it bears repeating.

EDIT: Here's the black screen crash if you really insist on proof: https://i.imgur.com/ugyZslF.mp4

The ad showing in that video was from IronSource. And I left it on the black screen while uploading the video and then editing this post. It's been about 5 minutes. Still a black, unresponsive screen. If I didn't know any better I'd say my iPad was turned off. You can see just how choppy the ad is running, too. They're horrible, vile little things, those SoS ads.
  • Options
    IgelrockIgelrock ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    EDIT: Meanwhile all of the State of Survival Fail after a few seconds. But now at least soemthing to find: Source: ironsource.mobi

State of Survival Ad 95% freezing just seconds before the reward should be granted. The one where the climb the stairways twice. Couldn´t even push the download button if i wanted.
    IPhone 7, no change just troubles with this one add at the moment.
    No Info button found
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ads recently have just stopped. I can watch a few ads and then the ability just stops, and I have to close out of the app and log back in to get them to work again.
  • Options
    works now fine again - thanks!
    Igelrock wrote: »
    EDIT: Meanwhile all of the State of Survival Fail after a few seconds. But now at least soemthing to find: Source: ironsource.mobi

State of Survival Ad 95% freezing just seconds before the reward should be granted. The one where the climb the stairways twice. Couldn´t even push the download button if i wanted.
    No Info button found

• Options
    Note to advertisers: If your ad repeatedly causes my game to crash, there is no way in hell I would ever install your product. iOS, State of Survival. Nearly every damn time.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note to advertisers: If your ad repeatedly causes my game to crash, there is no way in hell I would ever install your product. iOS, State of Survival. Nearly every damn time.

It helps to have the information about the ad network, there should be a little icon you can click on to gather that information. How old is your device?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    works now fine again - thanks!

No Info button found

I am glad this is resolved for you!