Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• Options
    12UP ads continue to crash the app....

I am guessing it is a particular element trying to load in the page, but since it crashes so quickly, I cannot tell what it might be.

iPad/iOS
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    Six6 wrote: »
    “An error occured on the server. Please try again. Ad view credit blocked by limit”

This happens me very often, ios devices. Error appears after i have seen ad successfully. In dabo or shuttle mission (2x rewards) Anyone else?

I have screenshots, but i cannot post images yet to this forum (“you have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links”)

Can you remember if this happened after you switched devices?
    Like you watched an ad on device 1, then switched to device 2 and encountered the issue?

This is the same thing that sometimes happens to me. When I last saw that the ad is available for an extra spin on Dabo, I restarted the game first just to make sure it would still be there. It was. So I clicked on it. And I watched the ad, and then I got this error. I use iOS devices and switch between iPhone and iPad during the day. But usually restarting the game clears out any miscommunication due to the device switch.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’m getting blank white screens again. Stopped for a while but it’s back. Once the ad ends, blank white screen. Last one was that Age of Victory I think it’s called? Where little blue guys and little red guys battle. I am on iPhone 6

Same here. After almost every ad again now I get the frozen blank white screen and have to force a restart. Was better for a while but is back with a vengeance. Just happened after the Paypal business loan ad. Happens after almost every Guns of Glory ad. Any ad that goes from a video to a separate "more info" end page. Goes white before the final ad screen appears.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My own concern is minor, but still annoying. I'm in Hong Kong where official languages are Cantonese and English, yet I've never had an ad in either of these languages. Mandarin is most common and Japanese is second.
    It would be nice to get at least one ad I could understand so I could consider whether or not I'm interested.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Reporting on this thread as requested by Shan, I play on IOS, in the Pennsylvania, Eastern USA. Several graphic, highly disturbing ads for a petition signing website have been popping up, one regarding drowned Raccoons and another featuring dogs drug behind a truck. I didn’t write down the website/ad company, but I know it was listed in the thread I started in general chat. Incredibly disturbing, and very affective in real life to view multiple times, these should be filtered out immediately.

Edit: searched back to get it, the provider was given as AdChoices.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Reporting on this thread as requested by Shan, I play on IOS, in the Pennsylvania, Eastern USA. Several graphic, highly disturbing ads for a petition signing website have been popping up, one regarding drowned Raccoons and another featuring dogs drug behind a truck. I didn’t write down the website/ad company, but I know it was listed in the thread I started in general chat. Incredibly disturbing, and very affective in real life to view multiple times, these should be filtered out immediately.

Edit: searched back to get it, the provider was given as AdChoices.

And here's the backpage for that ad.

fl7et5wjvgkb.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The care2 ads should have been taken care of, let me know if you are still seeing them. Thanks!
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I had a problem with a X2 ad on my cadet missions this morning. It went to the ad but there was no video then when it went back to the game, I got a black screen and the game crashed. I ended up losing that ticket but it no big deal.

There is a problem with these ads.... they need to be uniform like the other game ads...it's all the different types of ads that is causing the problem IMHO.... some you have to click the "X" to return to the game, some go back automatically, some you have to watch twice before you get the reward, some you have to click to the second part, and I am sure there are more types. I mean seriously, the thing doesn't work as expected at least half the time lately.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ad for Dragalia Lost. Ad runs fine, but when it switches at the end to the stationary screen where you should be able to close it all you get is a white screen with no way to close. The only thing that can be done is to force close and restart the game. An ad is still available to be run on restart, but it's of little consolation when you've just burned what could have been a 2X cadet ad.

iPhone 6 with iOS 12

EDIT: The problem seems intermittent. I’ve had it occur several times, but just now the ad worked properly.
  • Options
    AandraaAandraa ✭✭✭
    Hey Shan,
    no ads again since more than 24 hours.
    Huawei Mediapad X2
    ID: 901142475698176
    Rev. 117204
    Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an ad from ad choices (based on the tiny icon) that gets stuck. It says "Please rotate your device" but even if I move the device around it doesn't ever play. I have to force restart the app. No idea what it's for since it never actually plays.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    There's an ad from ad choices (based on the tiny icon) that gets stuck. It says "Please rotate your device" but even if I move the device around it doesn't ever play. I have to force restart the app. No idea what it's for since it never actually plays.

That one annoys me. If it's the same one I'm thinking of (an AARP Q&A that you don't actually have to answer the questions for — once the device is rotated you can just wait out the timer), I have no problem with it resolving itself. But it's the "rotate your device" thing that is a pain — I have my device set to not auto-rotate (since that often happens when I don't want it to), and so when that ad comes up I have to go into my settings and change that, then change it back after. There's no way to back out of that ad once it comes up, so I have no choice but to do that.

• Options
    AandraaAandraa ✭✭✭
    Aandraa wrote: »
    Hey Shan,
    no ads again since more than 24 hours.
    Huawei Mediapad X2
    ID: 901142475698176
    Rev. 117204
    Thanks in advance :)

Problem solved, again!
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Amphistaff wrote: »

That one annoys me. If it's the same one I'm thinking of (an AARP Q&A that you don't actually have to answer the questions for — once the device is rotated you can just wait out the timer), I have no problem with it resolving itself. But it's the "rotate your device" thing that is a pain — I have my device set to not auto-rotate (since that often happens when I don't want it to), and so when that ad comes up I have to go into my settings and change that, then change it back after. There's no way to back out of that ad once it comes up, so I have no choice but to do that.

Ah, looks like my tablet wasn't set to auto rotate. That at least lets me get through the ad. It's for Carnival cruises. And then it didn't even credit me with "watching" it.... thanks a lot Carnival.
  • Options
    well...I went a whole week without incident on the ad-crashes, and now they are back 2-3 per day. Crash-crash-crash.

Usually always seems to be the "12UP" ads, and I don't dare touch the screen during the ad, for fear it will crash if I do.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    well...I went a whole week without incident on the ad-crashes, and now they are back 2-3 per day. Crash-crash-crash.

Usually always seems to be the "12UP" ads, and I don't dare touch the screen during the ad, for fear it will crash if I do.

Yeah, I have had the game crash twice today.... once doing the 2x on a cadet mission (losing that ticket) and once just doing a normal warp. The screen goes black and the game stops responding.
  • Options
    Ward SerpentineWard Serpentine ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm seeing issues with the purchases in the time portal being locked. Windows 10/FireFox

EDIT:

Seems to work in Chrome. Tried turning off ABP, but still getting locked...
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Only got ONE Bonus Ad-Warp to work since yesterday. ALL 6 Cadets were lost for bonuses.

This is typically what happens lately, the countdown timer just stops, then the app crashes.

http://1extreme.com/stimages/Ad-WarpFail.mp4
  • Options
    I am being inundated with Ron DeSantis political attack ads. Can we keep the politics out of the game?
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am being inundated with Ron DeSantis political attack ads. Can we keep the politics out of the game?

Did you check the network?
    There should not be ads of this type, letting the team know.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    and again im watching ads for at least 30 minutes just trying to get 10 chron from the 12:00 to 14:00 20 free chron +10 for watching ad, every single vblue loading bar ad DOES NOT give a reward. This problem has persisted for over 2 years and it has NOT been fixed. Never noticed the small triangle but its all AdChoices. At this moment i am giving up all hope ad problems will ever be fixed, clearly the amount of problems is only increasing. With political ads, gross ads insulting ads and the like. Oh right after logging in to this forum for this message im still watching ads for the same free 10 chron for exactly 61 minutes now and OMG i just got 10 chron after 61 minutes of watching ads unbelievable.....
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    and again im watching ads for at least 30 minutes just trying to get 10 chron from the 12:00 to 14:00 20 free chron +10 for watching ad, every single vblue loading bar ad DOES NOT give a reward. This problem has persisted for over 2 years and it has NOT been fixed. Never noticed the small triangle but its all AdChoices. At this moment i am giving up all hope ad problems will ever be fixed, clearly the amount of problems is only increasing. With political ads, gross ads insulting ads and the like. Oh right after logging in to this forum for this message im still watching ads for the same free 10 chron for exactly 61 minutes now and OMG i just got 10 chron after 61 minutes of watching ads unbelievable.....

There should not be ads running for 61 min or 30 min for that matter.
    I need more info, and screenshots. I know you have likely provided them before and I am sorry this is continuing to be an issue for you. There are different levels of ad issues, we try to tackle them as quickly as we can.
  • Options
    I block ads with a hosts file, but whitelist the servers the game needs, according to the list on the old forums. Has that list been updated, as I haven't seen ads on either of my devices for several days now.

Device: Moto X Pure / Google Pixel 2 XL
    ID: 671684984258560
    Client Version: 117204
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is becoming more common than ever that I have to run two ads in a row now, as the first one does not provide the reward. Recently, I think it's actually happening the majority of the time, and it doesn't really seem to matter what the ad in question is — the only ad that I don't recall seeing this happen with is that stupid AARP ad where it forces me to rotate my device (making me change my settings first so I can do so), although that ad usually only comes up after another one has failed.

So this doesn't seem to be an ad-related problem, but a coding issue.

(Device: RCA Viking tablet running Android 6.0)

• Options
    I have reported about a dozen times on this forum, that blue loading bar ads run then complete and the proceed to NOT give a reward the adwarp thingie remains so i click it again watch another blueloading bar ad and again no reward click watch ad again etc. SInce watching ads is stupid i do other things in the meantime like making coffee. When i get my coffe ad is finished failed and try again so when i start watching ads @12:00 because of the free ad 10 chrons between 12:00 and 14:00 and watch ads infinitum until 13:01 to FINALLY get 10 chrons that doesnt mean i watched an add for 30 or 60 minutes. That means ive watched (not really watching) dozens upon dozens of ads making coffee going to the toilet doing some pushups, rage scream at my device alittle; after that apparently that took 61 minutes of ads and extracurricular activities to get 10 chrons which is absolutely rediculous. This was an extreme example, USUALLY its 2,3 or a dozen ads to proceed to receive the reward. Ive checked the triangle the ad supplier is ADChoices in this matter. A screenshot of a failing ad which gives absolutely no other information then that i have the possibility to watch and ad again will have 0 explanatory power. ADChoices ads just dont work for me and most other people after seeing ADChoices being mentioned again and again. Anyways after two years this problem persists, sometimes manageable but usually mindbafflingly broken; im officially giving up hope and ill be done troubling you all with my many problems with this game, ill just logout and stop posting on this forum.
  • Options
    The CMA awards video has now taken about 20 mintues to play halfway on my android setup. 8 seconds left to claim the reward. Guessing it may have timed out by then. : \
  • Options
    So yeah, I'm not watching single ads that are 30 minutes long.

But over the past 10 days/2 weeks or so, I can almost imagine it taking 30 minutes of watching short ads before you actually get your ad warp reward to drop.

I'm not gonna bother screenshotting anything, because it's all "AdChoices" ads.

It used to be that once in a blue moon, you'd sit through an ad, and it would return to the old screen. No reward. Just another orange bar offering you a chance to watch another ad. Then you'd watch a second one, and you'd get your reward.

Kind of sleazy, but no skin off my nose in the long run.

Now, it's only once in a blue moon that an AdChoices ad returns a reward on the first try for me. For a while, I gave DB and their ad partners the benefit of the doubt if it was taking a 2nd or 3rd ad to get the reward. But the first time it took me 5 tries, and still ad that would successfully drop the reward?

I'm done with it. Somebody, somewhere along the "supply chain" between the advertiser and my screen, seems to be engaging in shenanigans. Somebody, somewhere, should probably figure it out and stop it.
  • Options
    Ads don't seem to be running tonight. They did earlier. Now I'm trying to get my little pittance of medical experiments and 25 chrons extra for sitting through another GD cadet challenge. Why do I pay money for this game, again?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, new gripe — one that I haven't seen mentioned on the forums before. I'm not sure that DB can do anything about this, except perhaps pass along my concerns to the ad provider(s), but… it's really annoying that the little (x) to close the ads is often such a specific area that I have, on quite a few occasions, accidentally opened up a link to the Google Play store, just because my finger happened to hit like one millimeter to the side of that (x) — and that's when I'm making a conscious effort to tap it dead-on. This is also on a tablet, not on a phone, so I'm sure it's happening a lot more to those people dealing with smaller screens.

The last time this happened, last night, when I hit the back button to return to the game, STT had to reload itself (my device doesn't do multitasking very well), so I lost that double-reward completely.

• Options
    I'm stuck with some crap ad that won't display nor give me credit. It's one of those awful displaying a web page in the ad ones. I can't see what it's about, it flashes the content for less than a second and then throws an error saying "there was an error displaying the offer" and I can't click on anything. The timer counts down but I can never click the Finish button to do anything with it. I can't tell what provider it's from nor the content.