Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• Options
    @@ ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    When I installed on another phone, it didn't get ads, either, for a month or so, then the game updated, and I had them for a few months, and they are gone again, possibly after another update.

I don't think it depends on the device, necessarily.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I have an ad that doesn't work properly, so it's prevented me from (1) doubling my 10x standard boost pack, (2) doubling medical lessons, (3) free dabo spin, and (4) adwarping for things like 3* clothing patterns. This is just today. Should I just keep replying to my ticket over and over listing everything that I'm not getting, or is there a better way to handle this?

Also, as medical lessons aren't obtainable with chrons, chrons are inappropriate compensation for that particular missed opportunity.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unfortunately do not have an update for the issue of ads disappearing when changing devices etc.
    It is not that we do not care, the cause of the issue is still unknown at this time.

Our next client should contain some improvements and hopefully take care of some of the issues you are encountering.
  • Options
    I have an ad that doesn't work properly, so it's prevented me from (1) doubling my 10x standard boost pack, (2) doubling medical lessons, (3) free dabo spin, and (4) adwarping for things like 3* clothing patterns. This is just today. Should I just keep replying to my ticket over and over listing everything that I'm not getting, or is there a better way to handle this?

Also, as medical lessons aren't obtainable with chrons, chrons are inappropriate compensation for that particular missed opportunity.

Up to 5 replies to my own ticket detailing what I'm not getting because of one broken ad. Is this really how I'm supposed to do this?
  • Options

Up to 5 replies to my own ticket detailing what I'm not getting because of one broken ad. Is this really how I'm supposed to do this?

6 replies
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

6 replies

I was able to find your ticket. That particular ad is being dealt with and it should no longer appear.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

6 replies

I was able to find your ticket. That particular ad is being dealt with and it should no longer appear.

THANK YOU!!!!
  • Options

6 replies

THANK YOU!!!!

I'm not sure what happened to cause me to be signed in as guest_blahblahblah, but THANK YOU!!!! from my real account as well.
  • Options
    Back to the white screen/forced restart after almost every ad. Seems especially consistent after the military lawsuit ear plugs add. iPhone6 With the newest iOS.

So annoying!
  • Options
    Still nothing here, past 10 days now. Still working perfectly on my tablet, nothing on phone.
  • Options
    Okay, so the ad I complained about before is back & is having a negative effect on my current event performance. I've lost 50 chrons & 2 basic communiques so far & I don't know what I'm supposed to do since I was relying on those chrons to help with the event. Also I was never properly compensated for my last ticket on this issue, but I didn't push it because I thought this was supposed to be resolved.
  • Options
    Okay, so the ad I complained about before is back & is having a negative effect on my current event performance. I've lost 50 chrons & 2 basic communiques so far & I don't know what I'm supposed to do since I was relying on those chrons to help with the event. Also I was never properly compensated for my last ticket on this issue, but I didn't push it because I thought this was supposed to be resolved.

Like I'm seriously crying right now because this ad won't work but I still need to run cadet challenges for the chrons & so am out 75 chrons that I was expecting so far.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you tell me which specific ad is back, you reported 2 at the time. Thanks.
  • Options

The one for Maine. I had a wonderful time there earlier this year, and now I would like to never hear about the state again thanks to this ad.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

The one for Maine. I had a wonderful time there earlier this year, and now I would like to never hear about the state again thanks to this ad.

I will report it again, it would also be helpful if you could check the network that is displaying it, if you have the opportunity - thank you!
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    This time, I didn't close the menu fast enough after collecting the 20 chrons boost, but instead of crashing, it gave a message something about incorrect date, I think? I should have taken a screenshot...

I still don't have ads.
  • Options
    I've had another bad ad. This comes up for a fraction of a second:
    aj78tnfnnrvi.png
    Then it changes to this:
    3ygzt43gou4j.png

Then I get nothing for my trouble, and no other ad will load, so I'm missing out on chron doubling again.
  • Options
    I really need those ads warps
  • Options
    I often tap the free extra spin for dabo, watch the ad, and then get told that it was a mistake and I don't get the free spin. It would be nice if the game knew it wouldn't give me the reward before I sat through an ad.

Does this happen regardless of the ad or does it involve specific ads?

This happens to me regardless of ad
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I'm stuck with some crap ad that won't display nor give me credit. It's one of those awful displaying a web page in the ad ones. I can't see what it's about, it flashes the content for less than a second and then throws an error saying "there was an error displaying the offer" and I can't click on anything. The timer counts down but I can never click the Finish button to do anything with it. I can't tell what provider it's from nor the content.

Having this prob now, using my cadet tickets fails to give me the x2 reward & won't offer me any other ad. Infuriating on shuttle boost day
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Etienne wrote: »
    I'm stuck with some crap ad that won't display nor give me credit. It's one of those awful displaying a web page in the ad ones. I can't see what it's about, it flashes the content for less than a second and then throws an error saying "there was an error displaying the offer" and I can't click on anything. The timer counts down but I can never click the Finish button to do anything with it. I can't tell what provider it's from nor the content.

This seems to be medical related as I see flashes of text about alcoholism, cancer, getting better sleep. The only solution seems to be switching to another device as it refuses to give me another ad even after restarting.

I am getting the same thing all morning and it wont go to a different ad. ( and I went to a different device and it still gave to the same add that fails)

mlxw0hi0op13.png

I am going to keep running my missions as normal and then submit a ticket asking for 18 10x 2* time boosts packs.

Addendum: After 5 tries this morning on my cadet missions, it did switch ads on the 6th causing me to only miss 5 boosts draws so far. I'm just going to keep running my extra missions and submit for the ones where the ads fail. If it was on Tuesday and it was trainers, I wouldn't care but this is going to effect my next shuttle event and I am an unhappy DB customer right now.

I managed to capture this much of the ad..... I'm up to 8 draws DB owes me so far

mpinqvbr9vkl.png

I am up to 10 ad fails now..... next fail image capture

beasbylpirfw.png

Yes exactly this. What did u get as far as compensation for shutte boosts?
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Got another one of the "2-part" that starts to load then days "error couldn't load file" and goes back to the game. I tried about 8 times (it's Friday, I want my double cadet chrons) but finally gave up and didn't get my chrons

Edit: it's the Mic.com ad. I just got it again doing the same thing.

yes this the same one I'm stuck on

Shan please advise...
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Got another one of the "2-part" that starts to load then days "error couldn't load file" and goes back to the game. I tried about 8 times (it's Friday, I want my double cadet chrons) but finally gave up and didn't get my chrons

Edit: it's the Mic.com ad. I just got it again doing the same thing.

yes this the same one I'm stuck on

Shan please advise...

I have reported the issue with the mic.com ad to the relevant team, I hope it will be taken care of soon.
  • Options
    FechoFecho ✭✭
    Well...
    It's been a week since I have to reinstall the game and then the ads warps disappeared.
    I submitted a ticket, reached an arrangement and "solved" the ticket.
    But the issue wasn't actually solved.
    So... What should I do? Should I submit another ticket?
  • Options
    I haven't had even the option for ad warp or ad double for the past 24 hours. I lost out on an entire day of double chrons, and now I'm losing out on double credits. What's going on around here?
  • Options
    GoophballGoophball
    edited March 2019
    Same here - no ads for the last couple days. Should I submit a CS ticket? Update: just got an ad again.
  • Options
    FechoFecho ✭✭
    So...
    It's been over a week since the ads stop working on the game and now I have to reset my phone again.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    I found this in logcat, silent fixing of ad system might be it?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ wrote: »
    I found this in logcat, silent fixing of ad system might be it?

Thank you for the log, I will forward it!

• Options
    @@ ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Today I had a connection issue when I visited the Dabo wheel, and the buttons didn't disappear. I tried to improve the connection, with limited success, and tried the free spin button a couple of times. I have the logcat, but it includes Swrve urls with keys I am not sure I should post publicly. I tried a url in my browser and got only {}. I remove the etag portion at the end, and get a lot of JSON data. Perhaps the Etag was not reset after the cache was cleared?

I found a matching cmpg_etag... file in the files/ subfolder where it won't be cleared with the cache/ subfolder. I tried renaming it and restarted the app. It regenerated. The first base64 part is the same, but the second part changed. No ads, though.
  • Options
    FechoFecho ✭✭

So... About those ads?