Home Engineering Room

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I havent seen ads since Sunday, getting little worried about the sweet double ups on Thursday cadet missions :/

I tried using vpn connections to different locations but that didn't seem to fool the ad-network anymore like it used to. The vpn itself appears to be working as the 'Speedtest by Ookla' reports pings that make sense when connecting to test servers near here vs closer to the vpn destination.

edit oh and resetting the google ad ID didn't do anything either.

Android user from Finland.

thursday edit: well well well, the ads are back just in time yay
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Hi! iPhone user from the U.S. - the ad that requests us to please rotate our device always freezes my game, so I usually have to restart whenever that one comes up.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I'm stuck with some crap ad that won't display nor give me credit. It's one of those awful displaying a web page in the ad ones. I can't see what it's about, it flashes the content for less than a second and then throws an error saying "there was an error displaying the offer" and I can't click on anything. The timer counts down but I can never click the Finish button to do anything with it. I can't tell what provider it's from nor the content.

This seems to be medical related as I see flashes of text about alcoholism, cancer, getting better sleep. The only solution seems to be switching to another device as it refuses to give me another ad even after restarting.
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm stuck with some crap ad that won't display nor give me credit. It's one of those awful displaying a web page in the ad ones. I can't see what it's about, it flashes the content for less than a second and then throws an error saying "there was an error displaying the offer" and I can't click on anything. The timer counts down but I can never click the Finish button to do anything with it. I can't tell what provider it's from nor the content.

This seems to be medical related as I see flashes of text about alcoholism, cancer, getting better sleep. The only solution seems to be switching to another device as it refuses to give me another ad even after restarting.

I am getting the same thing all morning and it wont go to a different ad. ( and I went to a different device and it still gave to the same add that fails)

mlxw0hi0op13.png

I am going to keep running my missions as normal and then submit a ticket asking for 18 10x 2* time boosts packs.

Addendum: After 5 tries this morning on my cadet missions, it did switch ads on the 6th causing me to only miss 5 boosts draws so far. I'm just going to keep running my extra missions and submit for the ones where the ads fail. If it was on Tuesday and it was trainers, I wouldn't care but this is going to effect my next shuttle event and I am an unhappy DB customer right now.

I managed to capture this much of the ad..... I'm up to 8 draws DB owes me so far

mpinqvbr9vkl.png

I am up to 10 ad fails now..... next fail image capture

beasbylpirfw.png
  • I switched from a Pixel XL to Pixel XL 2, ever since had difficulty reactivating ads. I have tried everything, cleared cache and restarted, reinstalled, created a new account to back up my game. I think the advertisers just hate Pixel 2...or there is an error. I have not moved to a new region, so I should still be receiving ads, period.
  • I'm playing on a Pixel 2 XL as well, but my issue upthread has nothing to do with device and everything to do with ad blocking. As mentioned I block ads, but I whitelist this game's ad servers as provided in an old post on the old forums. I've lost count as to how many weeks I've been without ads, but it's been too long.

Is Disruptor Beam ok with me not seeing any ads at all, or is it too much effort to provide a current list of ad servers the game is using so I can try and pin down the source of my issues?
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Viewed an ad for something just now and set my iPad down. When I picked it back up Safari had been opened (I do not use Safari, it's buried deep in a folder somewhere) with an All-State insurance ad opened on a URL that was not All-State's official website. Going back to the game just canceled the entire ad process and did not give me any bonuses. I had to watch another ad which played a video as normal and gave me the credit.

And no, I did not touch my screen accidentally. I put my iPad down on my desk and was watching something on my computer. When I glanced back down I was on that crap website. Never touched the iPad.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I am still getting the white screen of death on every single ad. So much so that I have stopped trying any of them. Dabo, scans, any 2x rewards, everything, every time. I haven’t had a single one actually work in over a month and before tha5 it was spotty, usually the first one for the day froze then I’d get a few to work throughout the day. So irritating to sit thru an ad then get that damn white screen force a restart and lose any rewards. It has to be something within the coding for this game because every other game I play has the exact same ads and work perfectly every time. I have the same setup I’ve had since I started playing. iPad mini and up to date system. What is so odd is that when ads first came out I didn’t have any issues for months. Then it started happening one day, one time and has gotten worse ever since. It’s a real bummer to miss out on the free spin for Dabo. Sometimes after the white screen the free spin reappears as if I never did it and sometimes it disappears as if I got the rewards. I put in a ticket a while back, got a few chrons and we are working on it so it is obviously well known or they wouldn’t be giving out chrons. On a side note it is great to see them working to block the “inappropriate “ ads. Nice that they are working for at least some players.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • This is unacceptable

hag51yw91t51.png
    4ibnpxsi6yxs.png
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I just got an ad for some sort of designer hoodie. It does not end properly. Just frooze with white screen. Nothing for me to do. But now I loose my cadet ad warp and no extra boosts.
  • Got a new phone a few days ago. The option for watching ads is not showing up. When I open the game on my old phone, I still get those beautiful orange buttons, but nothing on the new one. New phone is a Pixel 3, old phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a new phone a few days ago. The option for watching ads is not showing up. When I open the game on my old phone, I still get those beautiful orange buttons, but nothing on the new one. New phone is a Pixel 3, old phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5.

I had the same thing on my Pixel 3 (previously had a GS7 Edge). Ads came back after a few days on their own.
  • here's a new one @Shan – First, there is about a 3 second pause of black screen, then the ad comes up as "Revolt", but then instantly crashes, so I cannot see what network, or anything else that shows what it is for or who from...

(Ipad 4, iOS)

Knowing it was going to crash (it did 6 times in a row so far...) I managed to get a screenshot:

2h6211myktbb.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Just watched 4 ads, trying to double up the Friday cadet chronitons, and every single one just took me back to the mission completed screen with the 2x Reward button still active and no double rewards.
  • Just watched 4 ads, trying to double up the Friday cadet chronitons, and every single one just took me back to the mission completed screen with the 2x Reward button still active and no double rewards.

Same here, except the ad won't play properly and takes you to Google play screen after a couple of seconds.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Almost once a day, I see the opportunity to play an ad for a double reward or for an extra dabo spin. I click it. I watch the ad. And then I’m denied the reward that was promised. This is the error message I see:

flxbyjb8yqlb.png

This also resets the timer for watching an ad for any other area - like bonus 10 chrons, etc., so not only am I denied the reward I’m promised, but I’m actually penalized for having watched the ad. This needs to be fixed. If the timer isn’t up for watching another ad and getting the reward, the box for clicking to watch the ad shouldn’t appear in the first place.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost once a day, I see the opportunity to play an ad for a double reward or for an extra dabo spin. I click it. I watch the ad. And then I’m denied the reward that was promised. This is the error message I see:

flxbyjb8yqlb.png

This also resets the timer for watching an ad for any other area - like bonus 10 chrons, etc., so not only am I denied the reward I’m promised, but I’m actually penalized for having watched the ad. This needs to be fixed. If the timer isn’t up for watching another ad and getting the reward, the box for clicking to watch the ad shouldn’t appear in the first place.

Did you switch device prior to seeing this?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reiterating what I said when I started this thread:

Use this thread to centralize issues/concerns with ads.

Please note that:
    - ads are only available for the iOS and Google Play mobile version of the game. (Ads are not available for the Facebook, Steam or Amazon version)
    - depending on your geographical region you might not see ads if the networks have no ads to show for your region

When encountering an issue/concern with an ad:
    - when available press the little blue triangle/arrow-like icon to identify the network serving the ad
    - take a screenshot
    - note the name/subject of the ad
    - mention the platform you are playing on

edited December 2018
    Shan wrote: »

flxbyjb8yqlb.png

Possibly. I do go back and forth between my iPhone and my iPad each day, but I always restart the game when I switch devices to make sure everything updates.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    edited December 2018
    Shan wrote: »

flxbyjb8yqlb.png

Happened again today. Have been on the game, on and off, from this same device (iPad) since mid-morning (it’s now dinner time). Have restarted the game a couple times in there anyway. Not sure why it keeps doing this. Very frustrating.

o33iblktevvh.png

• TheWinoTheWino
    edited December 2018
    Hello multiple times now I go for the free extra spin on the dabo wheel, watch the ad, and then get told that it was an Ad Limit Server Error and I don't get the free spin yet I was served the Ad. Not sure if anyway to fix. Same issue as poster above.

• Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think thats getting fixed anytime soon. An ad watched is money in the bank. Dabo adspin needs to be changed to once per day with no timer, as has been mentioned elsewhere.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    There is a new ad that started this week: all you see is a picture if a girl in a yoga pose for maybe 1/2 second, then it crashes the APP. There is no verbiage or anything else to indicate what it is, and crashes so fast I can't get a screenshot.

Has come up about 3-4 times thus far.

Came up another 4 times during cadets (very frustrating), but I managed to get a photo, and this time it actually had some more info.

iPad/iOS

wa7gzcq0plhi.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Ads are not working as expected!

I have run into all the issues listed above in the last two days:

1. Dabo Wheel error x2
    2. Had to watch 5 ads to get a reward x3
    3. had to watch 2 to 4 ads to get the reward many, many times
    4. had to watch one ad to get the reward once (must have been the true error lol )

I don't know how many different ways people need to tell you before you understand that it's broken?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    Ads are not working as expected!

I have run into all the issues listed above in the last two days:

1. Dabo Wheel error x2
    2. Had to watch 5 ads to get a reward x3
    3. had to watch 2 to 4 ads to get the reward many, many times
    4. had to watch one ad to get the reward once (must have been the true error lol )

I don't know how many different ways people need to tell you before you understand that it's broken?

It is not broken for everyone, so it makes it harder to identify the source.
    More details about the kind of ads would help, are these the ads that open a webpage?

On which device are you experiencing this?
  • 4 minute ads now? This one has started playing on my android devices.
    nnyvavn0zo0d.png
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    are_dub wrote: »
    4 minute ads now? This one has started playing on my android devices.
    nnyvavn0zo0d.png

I am sorry but the screenshot is very blurry.
    Did you notice the network for this ad? It is very important information for us.

Thank you!
  • Almost once a day, I see the opportunity to play an ad for a double reward or for an extra dabo spin. I click it. I watch the ad. And then I’m denied the reward that was promised. This is the error message I see:

flxbyjb8yqlb.png

This has happened a lot to me when switching devices. I think there's a 23 or 24 hours reset time for the extra spin, but the moment you change to a different device it shows you the extra-spin button even if it's too early for it. Unfortunately, it seems like it does count that ad view as an extra spin even if it didn't work, so if you watched the ad you'll have to wait for another 23 or 24 hours for the next spin (and miss the extra spin for the current day).
  • Shan wrote: »
    are_dub wrote: »
    4 minute ads now? This one has started playing on my android devices.
    nnyvavn0zo0d.png

I am sorry but the screenshot is very blurry.
    Did you notice the network for this ad? It is very important information for us.

Thank you!

No, I didn't. The whole ad was blurry on my tablet. The next time I get it I'll try to figure out the network.
  • PrylarDurdenPrylarDurden ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Got another one of the "2-part" that starts to load then days "error couldn't load file" and goes back to the game. I tried about 8 times (it's Friday, I want my double cadet chrons) but finally gave up and didn't get my chrons

Edit: it's the Mic.com ad. I just got it again doing the same thing.