Home Engineering Room

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecho wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

So... About those ads?

No update, I am sorry.
    I hope we will find the cause of this soon, but at the moment it is still a mystery.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Seem to have a problem with adwarp I am on IOS using wifi UK based the ad plays through, but then I get a frozen swirl sign (like the hailing starfleet one) but just stays frozen. App pull and tried several times keeps happening this is only recent as I was running them fine about an hour ago.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Seem to have a problem with adwarp I am on IOS using wifi UK based the ad plays through, but then I get a frozen swirl sign (like the hailing starfleet one) but just stays frozen. App pull and tried several times keeps happening this is only recent as I was running them fine about an hour ago.

Having identical behaviour to this, within the same timeframe, also on iOS. App and device both restarted, issue continues to present.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    CroakerBC wrote: »

Having identical behaviour to this, within the same timeframe, also on iOS. App and device both restarted, issue continues to present.

I'm having the same issue on Android.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be a temporary issue.
    If this happens again please take note of which ad it is, thank you!
  • I am having the same hang up issue on ads

Using iOS in US
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be a temporary issue.
    If this happens again please take note of which ad it is, thank you!

Seems to have righted itself, must have been stuck in the works as I seem to have accumulated some of the mission items in the meantime.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Watched an ad to get a free Dabo spin, got this instead after the ad played (iOS):

efwrbldbk0vu.png
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    Watched an ad to get a free Dabo spin, got this instead after the ad played (iOS):

efwrbldbk0vu.png

This unfortunately happens when you change device and the cooldown is still active.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »

efwrbldbk0vu.png

This unfortunately happens when you change device and the cooldown is still active.

Thanks, that’s good to know.
    However, I did not change device...
  • Had to run four ads on Dabo in order for it to finally give my my bonus spin.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself

I am having a similar issue on my Android tablets. Ads play, but then it just goes back to the game without giving me anything more often than not. I have received rewards though, so it's not completely broken, but I've had to give up more than one ad double today because I wanted to play the game, not watch dozens of ads.
  • Fletcher ChristianFletcher Christian ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Android. No ad network info visible. This ad never presented an X to close it and it disabled the Back arrow so I couldn't back out. I ended up forced quitting the game so I wouldn't be forced into interacting with it. I lost the ad bonus by doing so.

No ad should EVER require user participation in the ad content just to dismiss it.

zho1vn5nv35w.png
  • I've started having issues with the 2x rewards ads on Garak's Gamble (Standard) during this event. Ad plays back, but on closing the ad, the orange "an error has occured" dialogue surfaces. Closing that shows the original mission rewards behind the usual bridge interface. 2x rewards are not granted, which is mildly inconvenient, as I need both the Intel and the rare Casings right now.

Seems to happen regardless of ad, on an iPhone 7 on the latest iOS.

Other 2x rewards, on other missions, appear to be acting as expected. I think having displayed the same ads.

I am having a similar issue on my Android tablets. Ads play, but then it just goes back to the game without giving me anything more often than not. I have received rewards though, so it's not completely broken, but I've had to give up more than one ad double today because I wanted to play the game, not watch dozens of ads.

This is still happening with some frequency, but I also sometimes get stuck on a "Hailing Starfleet" screen after it plays. Either way, I'm watching a lot of ads for no reason, and I was really wanting those 2x chrons from cadet challenges today for the event.
  • Traenor wrote: »
    I haven't had even the option for ad warp or ad double for the past 24 hours. I lost out on an entire day of double chrons, and now I'm losing out on double credits. What's going on around here?

K, it's been 3 weeks now since I've had access to the benefits that ads provide. I still have no options to use ads to double my cadet missions or Dabo spins. I've put too much money and time into this game to be held at such a disadvantage to the majority of other players. I'm including as much info as I can think of to help the devs fix this problem ASAP...

rdtipk4pge2t.jpg
    ggm9z7yx17it.jpg
    k7ayi6i32puo.jpg

@Shan, if there is more info required, can you please help me determine what I can provide? I've tried all the options listed in the various forums to try and rectify this on my end. Can anyone here give me pointers about how best to go about getting recompense for my disadvantage from CS?

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traenor wrote: »
    Traenor wrote: »
    I haven't had even the option for ad warp or ad double for the past 24 hours. I lost out on an entire day of double chrons, and now I'm losing out on double credits. What's going on around here?

K, it's been 3 weeks now since I've had access to the benefits that ads provide. I still have no options to use ads to double my cadet missions or Dabo spins. I've put too much money and time into this game to be held at such a disadvantage to the majority of other players. I'm including as much info as I can think of to help the devs fix this problem ASAP...

rdtipk4pge2t.jpg
    ggm9z7yx17it.jpg
    k7ayi6i32puo.jpg

@Shan, if there is more info required, can you please help me determine what I can provide? I've tried all the options listed in the various forums to try and rectify this on my end. Can anyone here give me pointers about how best to go about getting recompense for my disadvantage from CS?

At this time I do not have other information to ask for, should that change I will of course let everyone know.

As for your ticket, if you are not happy with how it was handled, please reply and request an escalation.
    This will allow a team lead to review it and get back to you. Again, I am very sorry this is impacting you in such a way.
  • Same issue here with missing ads, since I switched to a new phone, not a single add was available in 2 weeks. Since my old phone is still available, I can use it 2-3 times a day just to get the free dabo spin and more cadet missions on thursdays.

This is still happening with some frequency, but I also sometimes get stuck on a "Hailing Starfleet" screen after it plays. Either way, I'm watching a lot of ads for no reason, and I was really wanting those 2x chrons from cadet challenges today for the event.

I am really tired of watching ads that give nothing. It's making me feel like an idiot.
  • FechoFecho ✭✭
    No update, I am sorry.
    I hope we will find the cause of this soon, but at the moment it is still a mystery.

A month without ad warps.

Any updates Shan?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecho wrote: »
    No update, I am sorry.

A month without ad warps.

Any updates Shan?

No upates, no - I have however started a specific thread for this issue, to gather date.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13444/ads-no-longer-available-data-gathering-thread/

• WebMD 2-part about adhd keeps erroring out on me.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebMD 2-part about adhd keeps erroring out on me.

I had the same thing happen to me, but I couldn't find this thread, so I tried to PM the screenshots to @Shan. It was annoying and lost me a couple of cadet warps. Fortunately those are less useful on Tuesday. Also fortunately those ads stopped for now.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    WebMD 2-part about adhd keeps erroring out on me.

Just got it again tonight after an AARP ad failed. I watched the ad and when an x finally appeared, I clicked it, but no bonus 10 chronitons. That happens sometimes, do I clicked again and that WebMD ad came up again which fails every time. I will likely lose 10 chronitons with this. If it happens tomorrow again, I will submit a ticket. That ad should be removed.

Edit: I finally got a screenshot with the split second image as it is crashing.
    rci8oa984zvd.jpg
    kz3u3h4i0sxd.jpg
    This ad had now cost me at least 35 chronitons in the past hour plus whatever goodies I could have won.

• WebMD 2-part about adhd keeps erroring out on me.

Just got it again tonight after an AARP ad failed. I watched the ad and when an x finally appeared, I clicked it, but no bonus 10 chronitons. That happens sometimes, do I clicked again and that WebMD ad came up again which fails every time. I will likely lose 10 chronitons with this. If it happens tomorrow again, I will submit a ticket. That ad should be removed.

Edit: I finally got a screenshot with the split second image as it is crashing.
    rci8oa984zvd.jpg
    kz3u3h4i0sxd.jpg
    This ad had now cost me at least 35 chronitons in the past hour plus whatever goodies I could have won.

I'm getting the same error with the WebMD ad. Running it on a Android tablet. Clicked OK on the message and got the same ad 6 straight times and the same error. Had to give up and lose the bonus. There needs to be something in place to force a different ad to show.
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Losing my bonus cause this ad is broke.

yyf9w0qa4y3p.png
  • Dr. Creon (¥SA)Dr. Creon (¥SA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Having the same issue with the same WebMD ad. First time experiencing this problem and seeing this ad. Tried 8 times and every time I keep getting the same ad with the same issue. Also tried restarting and force closing the game and neither worked to correct the issue.

Device: Galaxy S5
    Android version: 6.0.1
    STT Revision: 136335
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the reports for the WebMD ad, I will let the relevant team know!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chang wrote: »

yyf9w0qa4y3p.png

Having this issue too.
    Device: Motorola Z2 Force
    STT Version: Not sure, but up to date as of 03/27/2019
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chang wrote: »

yyf9w0qa4y3p.png

Having this issue too.
    Device: Motorola Z2 Force
    STT Version: Not sure, but up to date as of 03/27/2019

This gives me no information on which ad this might be, as such there is nothing much I can do.
    Would you remember the website/product showcased in the ad?