Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Captain Proton to the Rescue! - 10/25 (Mega-Event Part 4)

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: Captain Proton to the Rescue!
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Musketeer Picard 5* (Existing), Michael Sullivan 4* (New) and Captain Proton Paris 4* (existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 10/25 until Monday 10/29

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Minuet 5* (Existing)

Ranked Reward 5*: Silva La Forge (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/01.

Event Bonuses:
• high bonus: event crew
• medium bonus: variants of Picard, variants of Tom Paris, and crew with the hologram trait
• small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle

Bonus ships:
• Nova Class 2* (Existing)
• U.S.S. Voyager 4* (Existing)
• Captain Proton's Ship 5* (New)

Comments

• Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 5-star Captain Proton ship, huh?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is Michael Sullivan?
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Who is Michael Sullivan?

Janeway’s “Fair Haven” love interest.

583p2plvtwsq.jpeg
  • Options
    Cool getting Geordi's mom, but it's very telling that it was the writing of that episode that made the TNG writers think, "Okay, this episode is too much, it's time for TNG to end."

~cough~
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Repeated, sorry
  • Options
    Will the event after the mega, for which Silva La Forge will be featured, will Silva La Forge be the rank reward? Or do we continue even in non-mega events, play for the following legendary?
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that this skirmish happens in the holodeck (story wise) because even Q would have problems with bringing a functional b/w holographic ship to real-life which could fight against most advanced Starfleet ships.
  • Options
    so, not gonna tell us what the 11/1 event TYPE is? it kind of matters, you know?

Yes Shan, the event type is rather key information.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the event after the mega, for which Silva La Forge will be featured, will Silva La Forge be the rank reward? Or do we continue even in non-mega events, play for the following legendary?

It was announced as a permanent change.

Not thrilled about having to work on Captain Proton, but yay for Silva La Forge.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please go back to the old reward format? This “week ahead 5*” is not enjoyable at all.
    Its not great if you don't care about the crew but feel compelled to get it for next week's event.

Its great if you like the crew and you get to punch people in the face with it next week. Kinda like I've been doing this mega because I would've tried to get Guinan, Data and Picard regardless of stats or future events. I think I'll sit out of Silva though. I don't mind the character but not enough to slog through a Skirmish.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I like that they are useful right away. I like that I know I have one star already when buying event packs.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking forward to restocking my Holoemmiter supply. So this Skirmish is coming at the right time.

And... I'm kinda looking forward to the campy rocket ship.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Geordies fake alien mom as legendary, even if its not the fake1, barely a legendary. :s
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see me crewing Proton's ship with Satan's Robot, Proton, Kimkaid and Chaotica, flying to Collections to look for their slot
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

Until we're told otherwise the reward structure will continue where the card you win from Week X is the event card in Week X+1.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

It was announced as a permanent change.

Not thrilled about having to work on Captain Proton, but yay for Silva La Forge.

Hrmm, I had thought this was for mega-events only, I could have sworn that's what was said. However in re-reading the announcements, you appear to be right. Boo urns!

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't like this new rewards setup but it would be way more bearable if we could get basic info about the following event (type & crew).
    So @Shan, how hard is to provide event info for next two weeks and keep it that way so we can figure out should we go after ranked legendary if we're somewhat indifferent about them? DB has that info way further than just two weeks ahead. Or you guys have decided to keep us in the dark in hope that we would spend more money that way?

If that's the case, it's not working for me... my monthly card ended over a week ago.
  • Options
    Protons ship??! I really wish I knew if I could give this a pass.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    I hate all things Captain Proton. Or Tom Paris tbf
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Indeed, we need to know the event type for the following week if the new ranked reward structure is maintained. It sort of worked during the mega as we had clarity on that front. But without knowing if its a faction (where the event crew is rather useful) vs galaxy or skirmish (hardly useful), we cant properly decide whether to go for the legendary or not.

In addition, we need to know the old and new SR as well. Particularly the repeat SR. Again, if I have the SR FFFE, I will be a lot less inclined to try for the legendary.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I can ditch this Cyrus Redblock I've been holding off on leveling up, then...
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are we looking at with Silva La Forge? COM/DIP? Maybe SCI, ENG, or MED as tertiary?

I love skirmishes. Pretty sure I'll be I'm the top 1k. I don't care about Silva, so all I can hope is that the stats make it worthwhile. Though if they're not, I'll probably be happy anyway. I would have no problem leaving her sit at level 1.
    Farewell 🖖