Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Captain Proton to the Rescue! - 10/25 (Mega-Event Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why people don't think it's awesome! It's a comical ST reference! I don't even like those holodeck episodes, but that ship is going to be hilarious to see in-game.

You should finally get that people are individuals Commander Synthehol, have different tastes and not always try to enforce your personal opinions on others ;)

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    So, I can ditch this Cyrus Redblock I've been holding off on leveling up, then...

I wouldn't. I go to great lengths to not ditch purple crew. However, if you aren't using him now, he is unlikely to be useful in any conceivable way for next week. Thus, if he does not please you, space him.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't feel it's at all necessary to have the details on the following week's event type, when considering whether or not to go for the advance 5* crew in the upcoming event. I use the exact same strategy as before: when that following week's event is announced, I decide whether I want to buy event packs or not, to try to get the Legendary. Having a shot at them a week earlier doesn't change that. It's a bonus. With these changes, we're getting more than what we got before, and to complain about not getting info on the following week's event type is asking for still more. So the way I see it, just be happy that you have a shot at getting the crew before the packs come out.

I see where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is not every event type requires the event crew as much so knowing what the next week event type in which the ranked reward will be event crew is one way to gauge your participation in that event. Factions need all hands on deck to get the percentages up as much as possible. In Galaxies, the 5* can be useful for the extra RR they can possibly generate, but not by any means required. Finally for skirmishes, only one event crew total is needed at all the way it is currently working (wrongly according to DB). If you already have one of the event crew at 1/x, then there is absolute need to bust yourself to make top 1K the week before to earn the ranked 5*.

This also brings up another question for which we need an answer. Will the traits affect the bonus value of the event crew such that we need to possibly switch between event crew at each battle? This will be a real PITA given the crew selection interface if that change is made for next week.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    But we are not competing for Silvia this week, this is advanced notice on next week's event, which includes two weeks time hold. Next week, before the event in which you are competing to win Silvia begins, you should have her stats and event details. Much like this post informs us on the following week.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    Personally, I don't feel it's at all necessary to have the details on the following week's event type, when considering whether or not to go for the advance 5* crew in the upcoming event. I use the exact same strategy as before: when that following week's event is announced, I decide whether I want to buy event packs or not, to try to get the Legendary. Having a shot at them a week earlier doesn't change that. It's a bonus. With these changes, we're getting more than what we got before, and to complain about not getting info on the following week's event type is asking for still more. So the way I see it, just be happy that you have a shot at getting the crew before the packs come out.

This also brings up another question for which we need an answer. Will the traits affect the bonus value of the event crew such that we need to possibly switch between event crew at each battle? This will be a real PITA given the crew selection interface if that change is made for next week.

Event Bonuses:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • medium bonus: variants of Picard, variants of Tom Paris, and crew with the hologram trait
    • small bonus: crew matching at least one trait of the current battle
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why people don't think it's awesome! It's a comical ST reference! I don't even like those holodeck episodes, but that ship is going to be hilarious to see in-game.

You should finally get that people are individuals Commander Synthehol, have different tastes and not always try to enforce your personal opinions on others ;)

well said, opinions are like.... you know what. And you cant please everyone even if you try, I always thought the proton episodes were a bit cheesy, kind of like the picard holodeck stuff, but cheesy can be fun sometimes, and can be a nice break from the serious drama;)
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Could be an excuse for a 'Family Collection'

Alexander

Mora Pol
    Carol Marcus
    Jack Crusher

T'Mir
    Colonel Worf
    Sybok
    David Marcus
    Feezal Phlox
    Laas
    Lal
    Miral Torres
    Rianna Mayweather
    Sela
    Amanda

Tora Ziyal
    Silva La Forge
    Captain Lorian
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

As @Paladin 27 quietly noted, this issue has been completely clarified by DB. If you have any single member of the event crew, they will give full bonus for every skirmish battle - no need to change anybody on your ship. So stick Proton Paris or Musketeer Picard in one of the slots, and you're good to go for all 4 days.

If you don't have one of them, then use ANY crew variant or hologram and get the mid-bonus in every battle - also no need to change the crew. If you somehow don't have a Picard/Paris variant OR a hologram... first, what the heck have you been doing all month? and second, yes, you will have to trait-match for every battle and and potentially swap crew each time to get the small bonus.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

As @Paladin 27 quietly noted, this issue has been completely clarified by DB. If you have any single member of the event crew, they will give full bonus for every skirmish battle - no need to change anybody on your ship. So stick Proton Paris or Musketeer Picard in one of the slots, and you're good to go for all 4 days.

If you don't have one of them, then use ANY crew variant or hologram and get the mid-bonus in every battle - also no need to change the crew. If you somehow don't have a Picard/Paris variant OR a hologram... first, what the heck have you been doing all month? and second, yes, you will have to trait-match for every battle and and potentially swap crew each time to get the small bonus.

Minuet is also event crew and it's like something I can't name, everyone has one.
  • Options
    Dr. Creon (¥SA)Dr. Creon (¥SA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ren~ wrote: »

Minuet is also event crew and it's like something I can't name, everyone has one.

You mean a name, right? Everyone has a name. ;):p:D

There is also though the rare chance that maybe the skirmish event is the first event of the mega that they are competing in so there is a chance that they wouldn't have Minuet right away but then they forget that they'll get her soon enough during the skirmish. Just playing devil's advocate and of course there are the aforementioned numerous mid bonus crew to choose from. Great thing about the skirmishes too is that it doesn't matter what the fusion level is, the level is of the crew, or how much, if anything, you equipped on the character when dealing with the bonus.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Captain Proton to the Rescue!
    • Captain Proton's Ship 5* (New)

Really?

When there are so many better choices out there.rhr1l0kcrgme.jpeg
    - Joined game 6th March 2016
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Fleet Admiral [New Black Vipers]
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Starbase Rooms Completed 15/15
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Total Crew collected 882/1179
    - Crew collections maxed out 7/45
    - Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
    - Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Achievements completed 15/16
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    I think I'll be sitting this one out...and from the looks of it, the next one too.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I think I'll be sitting this one out...and from the looks of it, the next one too.

Thx for letting us know. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q Baker wrote: »
    Man who came up with this mega event? This was the most boring and uninteresting event I every played in this game. I didn't want any rewards this event. I hope the next even is way better. I almost uninstall this game it's been so boring lately.

I agree. It was pretty lame

• Options
    Unfortunately I agree it has been pretty meh. Even the recurring legendary is pretty poor stats-wise. There could have been some cool characters with cool stat combos and it’s just not great. I don’t even want to waste the honor to cite Minuet.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minuet was terrible stat wise. Even the quark this event is really weak at 3/4 which is all we can get him to without packs. Also three of the events required large amounts of chrons.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Minuet was terrible stat wise. Even the quark this event is really weak at 3/4 which is all we can get him to without packs. Also three of the events required large amounts of chrons.

I don't mind using chronitons if it means i'm getting a FF 4* character honestly, that's not really a fair critique. I'd rather get rid of the pay to win fiesta shuttle events are. However, this doesn't mean that this mega event has been great. There hasn't been enough variety in stats, all characters were some combination of dip/cmd - that's just too much of these stats for 4 events. There would have been opportunities to have some nice sci/med character like this cardassian exobiologist hologram from voyager for instance, but instead we got a lot of boring cards and we're also getting two 3/4s. Getting a 3/4 only from the threshold is quite unpleasant in the first place but if the stats are uninspiring it's really not motivating.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    t9pfzist0ylz.png
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    There would have been opportunities to have some nice sci/med character like this cardassian exobiologist hologram from voyager for instance, but instead we got a lot of boring cards and we're also getting two 3/4s.

Crell Moset has been in the game since launch.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crell_Moset
    Yes but never been in an event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    There would have been opportunities to have some nice sci/med character like this cardassian exobiologist hologram from voyager for instance, but instead we got a lot of boring cards and we're also getting two 3/4s.

Crell Moset has been in the game since launch.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crell_Moset
    Yes but never been in an event.

True, but DB has never used an existing 5* as a reward for a new event, much less a mega. I would love Moset to be a threshold card like Uhura or T’Pol, but that seems very unlikely.
  • Options

Since the people are already asking for to know the repeat SR, you can be sure that sooner or later someone will ask for the threshold rewards, because it is " very important " to know which piece of equipment we will get for free............🙄😂😂
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it from the business perspective, if I would want to maximize my income I would offer someone with Quark's stats in Galaxy event as a free crew while someone with great stats would be in faction or skirmish events.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    S31 wrote: »
    I don't get it from the business perspective, if I would want to maximize my income I would offer someone with Quark's stats in Galaxy event as a free crew while someone with great stats would be in faction or skirmish events.

It's a bit more complicated than that. In a free to play you need to give in order to receive. People are OK with paying for extras but not for core features, like playing events themselves. So you give them the means to do so, and charge for collector's cards like this Quark. It isn't great but if you like Quark you're getting that 4th star anyway. Not because it's going to be a game changer in an event down the line but because you like the art, you like the character or you want it for a collection - none of this is part of the core experience of the game, but it matters a lot to paying players. This doesn't mean that DB always did this or will always do it, since they offered golden garbage like Minuet for this mega after all, but that's the general idea. The moment the core experience has to be paid for in a free to play is the moment your game is dead.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »

Galaxy events supposedly make the most money. And since a lot of people threshold and out for galaxy events, they need to offer the best crew there to convince people to play more and spend for chrons. Faction/skirmish events are basically free for people to play(except the very top), so people keep playing regardless of the crew quality.